Can oldfags explain how people actually fell for the Iraq war propaganda in 2002/early 2003...

Can oldfags explain how people actually fell for the Iraq war propaganda in 2002/early 2003? I thought it would at least be slick and convincing, but holy shit, most propaganda from back then was absolutely ridiculous. And people STILL fell for it. How did this happen? People were actually making "HURR-DURRR, SADDAM HATES US FOR OUR FREEDUMBS!!!" arguments completely deadass seriously. What the fuck.

Attached: Worley.jpg (1032x2398, 433K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KKT5XxJ1sbQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>how people actually fell for the Iraq war propaganda
Who runs the news?

Attached: 1554960356213.jpg (1024x719, 91K)

>deadass
fuck off back to r*ddit

Basically, anyone with brains knew it was about oil and didn't give a fuck. Also, not as many people were on the internet/used internet for news, so mostly everyone was getting their news from newspapers and TV.

Attached: FB_IMG_1520369757629.jpg (720x341, 19K)

This right here.

The internet as a place of discussion wasn't really widespread then. Corporate media still had a stranglehold on the flow of information.

The press did NOT challenge bush at fucking all. No members of the dems challenged. It was highly notable that Obama publicily did so, and it's a reason why he was the nominee after bush.

>The press did NOT challenge bush at fucking all.
They have a name user...

Attached: 1554960356211.jpg (566x566, 22K)

We wanted revenge and any sand nigger seemed like a good target.

>deadass
kill yourself

For the types that post here, sure it was. For the people posting on Facebook, well then, no it wasn't.

The media could have Americans frothing at the mouth wanting to invade Albania tomorrow if they wanted to. The media lies and Americans are gullible. Fact is Americans don’t give a rats ass that they’ve killed 100s of thousands of completely innocent people. They’ll do it again very soon in Iran.

They’ll make weepy ‘support the troops’ TV and do flyovers at the StuporBowl and they’ll cheer and feel proud as peacocks. The Israelis will giggle at them behind the scenes for being such meatheads.

Lol I still like this song, I was 18 and young in 2002, I bought it, then I realized it was all fake after I watched loose change. Then the JQ was brought up and it all made sense. I have friends who fought in those wars. I was rejected by the military because of my back and I failed my drug screening test, opiates, dodged a bullet or ied there. It’s sad. :( the only branch I still really wanted to join was coast guard. Wanted to do Msrt. They’re like national navy seals. They board drug boats and drug submarines.

They kept usong nees propaganda, showing stock footage of israel launching missiles into beighborhoods abd told us saddam sold the missiles to iran, iraq, etc. We are talking a decade if throwing shit on the wall and something would stick with everyone.

The biggest shocker to the UN and israel was when we found sarin gas production facilities and uranium enrichment facilities under construction.

>loose change
been a long time since i've thought about that documentary

Exactly which subset is important.

Israel was of course 100 percent full steam ahead.

Same way people fell for the Russian hackers hoax. Christianity has acted as a dysgenic breeding program that has gradually lowered the IQ of the bulk of White people down to subhuman levels.

We are old fags now :( but loose change really got me questioning shit, it opened my eyes when I was asleep.

It looks like most Democrats in the US Congress actually voted against the war, though. The final vote was 147 Democrats in the House + Senate opposed, and only 111 in favor.

After 9/11 the US government essentially had a blank check to do whatever it wanted for a few years. They implemented the patriot act, invaded Iraq and set up permanent operations in Afghanistan. Even many liberals went along with it all. By the time most people realized they were duped it was too late.

Didn't Friendster/Yahoo Groups/etc. serve the same functions as Facebook/Instagram/etc. today?

Attached: c71f3d5234abf9f421ac0d28d6109c23[1].png (830x970, 51K)

I genuinely think the parties have switched in that regard. The Republican party is now anti-war, anti-censorship, etc.

It was a strange time in that the normies were so mind blown by 9/11 that any bill or military intervention remotely tied to fighting terrorism was seen as okay no matter how ludicrous it actually was.

>The Republican party is now anti-war

In general, or just Trump? Even Pence himself voted to invade Iraq, after all.

Sure, but what do you think their peak user base was compared to today? Two completely different things. Wasting time online is a lot more mainstream now than it was back then.

You can see find original 9/11 threads on a lot of forums that are still around. The one on VWVortex is still up for those few still into cars.

>Can oldfags explain how people actually fell for the Iraq war propaganda in 2002/early 2003?
I couldn't believe that people were falling for it. It pissed me the fuck off. It still does.
It felt then the way the "russia hacked our election" feels now.
Democracy was a mistake.

Yeah, we are :( Can't believe our entire adult lives have been consumed by this. And we didn't even get trading cars for it like we did back for Desert Storm. What a rip off.

There were these things:

Attached: 71GR0IafQeL._SL1165_[1].jpg (947x1165, 243K)

The pre 911 war gaming was intense and they rolled out credibility negro colon powell

Not at all as obvious as the Russian nonsense is today. What reason did the people have to think Powell was lying?

You have to understand the climate. EVERYONE was fucking RAH RAH RAH America! They could have invaded literally anywhere and people would have eaten it up.

Fucking Colonel Clusterfuck declared war on my 23rd birthday too. Ruined my fucking party.

I want an autographed bin laden

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (749x999, 109K)

9/11

Honestly. I just wanted an excuse to kill motherfuckers. That's why I signed up the day after I graduated high school. I was one of the lucky ones and actually saw action and did kill. It was based but looking back it really was a bullshit war.

And nobody else will do a thing about it. Remember that.

Attached: 79a8d0_5618881.jpg (946x797, 142K)

I'm talking about the AMUF. 98 to 0 senate.
420 to 1 house. Obama being the ONLY dissenter. The authorization you're talking about was clearly going to pass, and a 50 percent against rate in the party itself is weak as hell.

More importantly, most of the D heavyweights, Feinstein, Shumer, Edwards, Kerry, and Clinton were all for it.

Vs Kennedy and Boxer.
Do you remember either of these two being strongly anti war?

I have no clue what the republican party actually is anymore, and I suspect they don't either.

>Army Spc. Morgen N. Jacobs
Hope the waves are better in Heaven. Sorry you believed the jews.

Pretty sure over half of Americans didn't have an email address in 2003, and plenty didn't have internet.

Most people, at least in America, abhor dissent and are happy to police their neighbors for thought crimes in order to prop up the most asinine narratives imaginable. The very existence of Israel is and the fact that the majority of Americans support that demon state is evidence of this.

I think it's something to do with maintaining the status quo from fear of losing what they have. They can't imagine as society where big daddy government is wrong, so even if they know the truth, they'll adamantly deny it just to try to preserve what they perceive as normalcy.

The internet was not widely available then, the entire media and government was on board with war, and there was almost no access to counter arguments.

My mom thought it was bullshit and didn't hesitate to tell me so, before operation Iraqi freedom even commenced. I also watched farenheit 911 with her when it first came out, and even though she is a flaming liberal she pointed out everything in it that was likely bullshit in it as we went along. I was about 13 at the time.

It's sad because shes a total MSNBC drone with TDS nowadays. Guess she just got old and couldn't be bothered to give a shit anymore

Definitely not broadband. Most that had it were still on dialup.

People did not the government did. The problem was Congress and POTUS living in a television delusion.

Saddam didn't ever let the UN inspectors in, even though he didn't have nuclear weapons. Making iran think he had them was more important, and I guess he thought we wouldn't do anything without UN support.

Some shit about finding aluminum tubes that are the exact size they use for nuclear stuff but who can even factcheck that

Lots of propaganda about how big of a monster he was, and about his son always tortured the olympians who didn't win

le bipartisan army negro was on board with it

Correct.
Left and Right were actually united on this.
Anyone who was against it were the usual generic knee-jerk anti-war/ anti-America sentiments.
They presented absolutely no insight nor a legitamate harbinger of negative outcomes.
Now, they claim to have had insight; it's a lie.

The evidence for war was on all news channels. Colin Powell and Netanyahu were heavy hitters on this.

Lastly, to demonize the war with the hindsight of 20/20 is faggotry;
the complete disregard from a rogue Iraqi regime and burgeoning danger of Hussein's Iraq was actually real.
The point is, we should acknowledge it impacted the region in an unexpected
manner that is presently not beneficial to them or to us.

That's it. It is not scandalous besides what we know now of the deep state and foreign intelligence role.

>Asian
>Male
Shit tier meme, kill yourself (((blacked))) faggot.

Didn't you hear, user? They identified one of the hijackers because his passport landed, unscathed, atop the tower rubble. Case closed frens, nothing to think about here, especially not the fact that the BBC reported the fall of the second tower some twenty minutes before it happened.

This event changed the world, it was used to justify millions of deaths, and it was all an occult planned sacrifice decades in the making. 911 became the emergency number the same year WTC building struck ground, 33 years before....

Attached: ringcloseup.jpg (1461x1041, 217K)

Many of us didn't but it was dangerous to be antiwar at the time. Everyone wanted blood, so we went after the wrong people.
People like Justin Raimondo of antiwar.com and Sy Hersh did what they could.

People today are falling for the trans propaganda and chopping their dicks off, changing genders, faking for the climate bullshit and open borders.
That's much, much more ridiculous.

test

We didn't care if it was propaganda or not. We wanted to bathe in the blood of arabs after 9/11.

Anyone have the videos of boomer conservatards demonstrating for the war and waving their israel flags?

it wasn't about oil

there was a lot more than just oil, there was drugs, war profiteering, human trafficking, trade route control, corporate takeovers, etc. etc.

This, oil is just a meme.

It really boils down to the fact that Afghanistan was over after about 3 months. By that point we had crushed the taliban and al qaeda. The real issue was that they needed a real war to be able to build up the American military for the 21st century. So they used Iraq as a scapegoat and claimed that saddam was harboring al qaeda and going to give them a dirty bomb to wage another major 9/11 style attack on us.

The reality is that the entire point of 9/11, Afghanistan and Iraq was to use it as an excuse to spend about $10 trillion over the course of 20 years to completely overhaul our military. They’re almost at the end of that entire overhaul. We have an entirely new fleet of submarine, aircraft carriers, LHDs, F35, V22 osprey and F22. These are partnered with new drones, smart bombs and eventually laser systems. This was all intended to outpace the Russians and Chinese so they couldn’t catch up with our lead. At the current military spending of China. It would take them approximately 40 years to spend the same amount of money on procuring the amount of weapons that we did in the last 15/20 years. It also would be such a burden for Chinese engineers to make similar quality aircraft and aircraft carriers that it could take decades just for them to catch up to where we are today. The goal is that by 2050 the American military will be so advanced and so enormous that the Chinese and Russians will have no chance to ever win a conventional war against us. Any attempt to even build the necessary amount of aircraft carriers or planes would take so many years and be so obvious to us through satellite photos that we could destroy any factories before they even got into production. The goal is that at a certain point russia and China will capitulate and throw in the towel. Accept their roles as regional and world powers but never able to rise to the position of super power.

No, it was a time where there were no other avenues for information and normies had no reason to mistrust the media or believe they might be lied to.

There were a lot of people questioning a lot of things, but the information took too long to get out and the people asking questions lacked the power pursue any of it. So things like the anthrax that was mailed to congressmen saying they were going to vote against the patriot act just before the vote being a strain that only existed in a single US bioweapons facility and nowhere else on the planet and the lead researcher suiciding himself soon after this fact was discovered, was quickly buried by the media and forgotten - nobody had the power to spread the information effectively and nobody had the power to force the issue politically.

It's different today. The establishment is losing the stranglehold on the flow of information, and with that is coming freedom. More normies are using the internet and discussing things with more people than they ever did in 2002.

There's probably people reading my post right now that had no idea what I just described had actually happened.

We need more and faster spread of free information. It's eviscerating the control the establishment has.

Think about how uninformed normies are today, walking around with a super computer in their pockets.

but thats all crushing down now, thanks to bill clinton selling missiles too china and obamas arms dealings.

Because the false flag of 9/11 shattered the national consciousness, and made the suggestion of middle-east wars not only palatable but delectable.

It wasn't propaganda, faggot.
Colin Powell went on TV and started explaining how Iraq was manufacturing WMDs and was trying to be uranium cakes for a nuke. This wasn't published information, just Colin Powell talking, so that's all we had.
With the threat of "something bigger than 9/11 next time" in our minds, it was an easy sell.

This, it had been less than two years since 9/11 happened. Most people knew the WMDs was a bullshit ploy, but they didn’t care. Americans still wanted revenge, never mind the fact that Iraq had nothing to do with it. Plus Dubya hade a hate boner for Saddam since he supposedly plotted to have his dad killed. Quite frankly it was one of America’s biggest fuckups short of Vietnam.

because the media whipped the country up into a frenzy after 9/11. almost everyone, including the most liberal lefties wanted blood. it's easy to look back now and say it was a waste and soldiers died for nothing, but back then we wanted to nuke the middle east.

Well......I'm sure he's still kicking around, so you might get one someday.

>Boomers still unironically believe this shit

Attached: yellow_kek.jpg (580x450, 54K)

No, there was plenty of contradictory public information. Powell claimed the 88mm aluminum tubes Iraq ordered were for centrifuges, they were the wrong shape and obviously meant for rocket artillery.
We got snowed.
This guy gets it.

Attached: Evolas Morans.jpg (1202x1170, 284K)

Not believing is racist.

>We killed Saddam
>We killed USA-MA
>mfw people still believe this
E-epstein and David K-koch are d-dead too. S-serious this time, goyim.

Attached: KiteHitSteelPlaneMust(repeat).jpg (600x350, 31K)

>Powell claimed the 88mm aluminum tubes Iraq ordered were for centrifuges, they were the wrong shape and obviously meant for rocket artillery.
His main selling point was the viles of anthrax faggot, and the uranium cakes.

Those also had plenty of public evidence against, especially when it turned out the anthrax was made in a US Army lab. We got snowed.

We did at the time, dummy. What other info was there? If the fucking Secretary of State and one of the top Generals in the first Iraq War is telling you that the bad guy that they let live was hoarding WMDs, you had to listen to him.

Filthy, dumb, boomer scum
youtube.com/watch?v=KKT5XxJ1sbQ

Attached: billwasrightagain.jpg (1235x486, 152K)

>extruded aluminum tubes
>for centrifuges
This was real? Holy fuck.

>Those also had plenty of public evidence against, especially when it turned out the anthrax was made in a US Army lab.
Uh, how the fuck were WE, the American public supposed to get access to this info? How the fuck could we see the British intel docs that said Saddam was buying uranium cakes? How could we see the satellite phones and give them a thorough examination with access to intelligence info that said Saddam was building WMD plants?
And you say "turned out", meaning that info wasn't available until after the fact, dummy.

You zoomer faggots freak out when a tranny can't use a certain bathroom.
You will never understand what it was like back then. Go back to making Fortnite donations.

All politicians (except for a couple dingbats) and even Colin fucking Powell himself who was just a soldier at that point and not a political hack, and all media talked 24x7 how Iraq was an immediate fucking threat and had nuclear capabilities. Sadly, those who knew better looked like idiots because the whole world said otherwise.

Boomers are still pleading ignorance. They have no reason to believe otherwise. They only care for their state and federal granted overcompensation. The eternal boomer.

Attached: boomerpilled.jpg (1600x1200, 504K)

This. W. Bush and his crew only let out the info that made the case for war just and either twisted or ignored the rest.
They spend a year selling this war and painted it as a "if you don't support it, you're unpatriotic", so there was no opposition from the Dems.

Cause a lot of people were blood thirsty and wanted to watch the US exact revenge on someone/anyone. It wasn't until around 2003-05 I really started to notice the bullshit. If I am being completely honesty, the Documentary "Loose Change" was the first redpill for me. I didn't smell the bullshit right away, but that movie opened my eyes. In fact, it was because of that movie that I was ever called a conspiracy theorist for the first time.

That song glows

To much of the available information was to convenient. Like finding Mohammed Atta's passport unscathed in the rubble. Or Powell claiming the vial he was holding was actual anthrax, or any other aspect of Wolfowitz and Cheney's flea circus.

Attached: 0AA0620A-B499-4331-9D1C-4A1A833A1B2F.png (857x586, 682K)

>"Loose Change"
That documentary was complete shit and you sound like a fool by saying you believed in it.

>Also, not as many people were on the internet/used internet for news, so mostly everyone was getting their news from newspapers and TV.

This. I remember the news interrupting the opening round of March Madness to announce that Bush announced Saddam had 48 hours to step down. And my dad being pissed as hell that he was missing the tournament lol.

smartphones didn't exist and only dorks used the internet, on beige desktops with CRT monitors. the information landscape was different in ways that are impossible to overstate.

35yo boomer here. I was getting redpilled by Gen-X Manhattanites before I was 12. I lived in Staten Island during 9-1-1 and I know people who died. The boomers have been psychologically conditioned for over 60 years. They are irredeemable. Even the boomers who suffered fatally from 9-1-1 will take their ignorance to the grave.

The next generation is ours and they will piss on your grave, pinko boomershit.

Attached: yuri_irreversible.png (615x419, 268K)

>35yo boomer here
Sure faggot, we all believe you.
Go start a snap streak or whatever the fuck you zoomers do.

The 9/11 attacks were so mesmerising in their perceived scale that most, including myself, unquestioningly put all anti-war types in the same basket as fringe kooks and conspiracy theorists. There was also the revenge factor even though the sensible talking heads on TV would have us believe Afganistan and Iraq were righteous wars to topple evil regimes, everyone I knew just wanted someone's arse to get kicked in spectacular fashion.

>It wasn't propaganda
Fuck off, shill.

Attached: William-Casey-CIA-disinfo-campaign.jpg (578x278, 36K)

born in 1993 here, even i knew as a child it was horse shit, none i knew in thought Iraq had WMDs , but what we gonna do its not like we get a referendum every time we go to ((war))

Well, this is the confusing part - didn't Boomers spend the 1990's specifically NOT trusting the government, to the point where some were forming militias to defend against "government oppression"? Why did that change? Why didn't the militia groups rise up and fight the feds in 2001 when the Patriot Act was being pushed through, to protect the 4th amendment or whatever? Instead, they went silent.

Attached: 8d36266652c6cebf602428acbea810ef[1].jpg (1231x985, 167K)

Suck a dick you Russian faggot.

Propaganda doesn't consist of hearing with intelligence documents by the Secretary of State, faggot.
It was a hard sell + shaming tactics.
Go back to tiktok vids.

I was 13 at the time, still remember the day. I was ill so didn't go to school and watched the news all the time. Never really bought the "muh chemical weaponz wah" narrative.

>didn't Boomers spend the 1990's specifically NOT trusting the government,
9/11 changed all of that. It wiped away the old battles and paved the way for new ones. People put their trust in the government again and of course the government fucked us over again.

same reason burgers got dragged into ww1

Attached: 1536618186495.jpg (720x960, 195K)

They trotted out Colin Powell who all the boomers trusted. Basically everyone under 25 knew it was going to be a shitshow except the neo-con rich kids.

noone trusted the government after 9/11 all it did was allow them the media headroom to enact the project for the new American century and ram through the patriot act

>Basically everyone under 25
Not true. There were many young "gung ho" Americans during that time. Every conservative and even some liberals.

here's the TL;DR version of what happened:
>all throughout 2000/2001 "The Siege" was being spammed on tv, as well as Desert Storm The Killbox, stating that they didn't destroy Saddam's army, only crippled it for 10 years (would would be fall 2001)
>9/11/2001
>Sand Nigger Terrorists AKA Muslims did it
>bomb the shit out of them
>still feel unsatisfied
>FEEL that saddam, if not involved, knew about it, so just as guilty, let's fuck his shit up too
>insert the worthless UN being typically worthless, doing nothing about no fly zone violations/etc.
>shitlibs go into overdrive saying how PEACEFUL and GOOD saddam is
>public starts to want to invade iraq just to spite dumbfuck worthless liberals/democrats who don't give a shit about our safety.
^this is how it happened.

In hindsight, it was just another war for Israel, waste of lives, waste of time. Israel probably did 9/11 too.

Typical boomer, spouting idiotic falsehoods with authority, because you've never had to worry about your opines actually meaning anything. The world will breathe a collective sigh of relief when you junkies pass away as uneventfully as you've lived.

Attached: Propaganda_Bernays.jpg (189x293, 10K)