Need Help

So I'm a Christian and have been as long as I can remember. My friends know this. One of my friends just sent this picture in a groupchat we are all in and kinda poked fun at me and ask me what I thought of it. I honestly stumbled on my words and had no good rebuttal for it. Everyone else basically laughed and I still haven't replied and am just pretending I'm away from my phone. How the fuck do I argue this?

Attached: 1465324889928.png (960x960, 670K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblehub.com/john/1-49.htm
youtu.be/shyI-aQaXD0
youtu.be/vkYCry8u4pI
youtube.com/watch?v=nlaoR5m4L80
youtu.be/YS-IjoeDuic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe explain the Faith aspect to him, and how the morality of the religion lines up with your worldview

friendly reminder that those who do not repent of their sins and admit them to the Lord are destined for hell

Faith in a specific god doesn't matter. It's the self-commitment that is important. Atheists like to poke fun at specifics because they lack character

What are you, a Mormon? You've been a Christian your whole life and a third rate comedian throws you off your game with a brain fart? You need to find a new church.

((Atheist)) intellectualism at it's finest.

F

Attached: The Christian Identity Forum.jpg (1903x1934, 642K)

Attached: 1507597093070.jpg (360x340, 53K)

What was the picture about you dumb fuck?

Tell them your Rabbi is telling the truth and all of the other rabbis are lying.

biblehub.com/john/1-49.htm

Attached: John 1-49.jpg (450x450, 113K)

"The Messiah of Israel will only come when Christ, Europe, and Christianity, are totally defeated. Therefore, I ask you: Is this good news that Islam is invading Europe? Yes, this is great news!" ~ Rabbi David Touitou

>Other options exist so yours can't be the best

nigger what

go be a goddamned fucking idiot elsewhere liar

He will need to concede that demons exist and that people can worship such things as well. Many things claim to be God, but only one of them actually is.

Everything else is just philosophy debates. I think the "fruit of the tree" shows that Christianity is the one faith most connected with God and has thus far had the greatest gain for humankind.

Islam is a destructive, consuming force. A dark parallel to Christianity.

These two faiths make up the largest groupings of faith in the entire world. All other faiths are in doubt, but even the Bible says that God loves all righteous men, but he loves his own even more.
That said...

I think it's stupid to conflate something as powerful, consuming, enormous and powerful as Christianity with African vagina spirits and shit.

Attached: deadroom.jpg (2048x1365, 518K)

regardless of how retarded you think the scientific explanation is, can you agree it's insane to think a God created this planet, univese and everything just so that WE. humans, can inhabit this land 14.000.000.000 years after its creation for roughly 6000 years? Surely our 0.00001% relevance in this universal history is the main focus...

Talk about being self absorbed. You are nothing.

Attached: sagan.gif (143x134, 1.55M)

He's coming back with a vengeance.

Attached: Centuries.jpg (576x434, 127K)

>can you agree it's insane to think a God created this planet, univese and everything just so that WE. humans, can inhabit this land 14.000.000.000 years after its creation for roughly 6000 years?
nah, it's not

You honor your tradition and ancestors while your friends are hedonist, a shame to their family and deserve the rope what is there to discuss

Attached: mishima-sword.lg.jpg (197x278, 9K)

thats right faggot
my God good
little gods gay and fake
eat dick and stay damned

the 3000 other gods were contrived some time after the God of the Bible was first recognized by man

Given our uniqueness as the only specifies with sentience and the ability to Create/Preserve/Destroy on a widespread, conscious level....

I don't think it's that weird. Universe is a weird fucking place man.

And evennnn if. Is it better to live life going "i am nothing", falling into nihilism, moral relativism, hedonism?

Naw, Religion is good. Christianity is VERY good. It builds societies, keeps us safe, encourages healthy traditions. Groups without religions are disgusting, self absorbed and self destroying. They are not happy because they are acting counter to what they were designed to do.

It's like driving a honda civic on an off-road course. It can sort of do it. Might get stuck in a ditch. Might flip over. MIGHT make it, maybe. But your car's going to be fucked up.

Attached: gerciri.jpg (564x959, 111K)

Nice argument. Got anything else aside from "muh feels"?

Statistically, many world religions are false and founded on falsehoods or outright lies. However, many of the old “gods” were actually demons working to lead mankind astray. God is real, Hell is real and damnation or repentance are real. It sounds like you need new friends.

>Got anything else aside from "muh feels"?
got anything else besides a loaded question?

It's a test from the Lord

Oh I understand this is very mysterious and perplexing... but understand that within the scope of human history, the less than 10,000 years of documented "civilized" history, probably 90% is made up, and romanticized. We essentially know nothing.

It could be that white folks are a result of alien splicing and genetic engineering. It's the most plausible of all "religions", in my book. But "bearded white sky daddy".... nope, I don't think so.

Attached: 1568053891615.jpg (508x508, 89K)

>1 post by this ID
Yall niggas postin in a slide thread
Sage

>Ask ten different people what they see in a cloud
>Get multiple differing answers
>"lol guess the cloud doesn't exist cause no one can agree"

That didn't happen you faggot, you made this same post a few months ago.

What was that?

God is the only God and the best god that could ever exist. Ask your friends if they have read the New Testament, and request that the pick any diety rather than the true God as mentioned in the NT to exist in his place. Would this selected diety make the world a better or worse place? Would people be more or less inclined to help others? Sacrifice anonymously for the good of the community? Show mercy to the weak? Provide guidance to those who need moral aid or even provide second chances? Obey a universal moral system both in private and in public independent of held status or authority?

If you were to go to the worshippers of any of those other false deities and show them the culmination of the Christian worldview manifested in a civil society, almost assuredly those people would convert by choice.

Also, consider finding better friends.

You can't prove your God exists
I can't prove he doesn't.
There's a ton of things I can't prove, same for you.
The onus is on the claim maker.

That's somewhat of the problem I'm having. It made me kinda realize how the fuck do I know if mine is the correct one if there is a hundred different interpretations of God everywhere else.

And for what it's worth, God is something best experienced. It can not be rationally explain but when it happens, it will leave you dumbfounded.

Every Christian I've met who has converted or been active in their religious studies has had some sort of amazing, self actualizing experience. Being "born again" is more then just a change of mood, it's a meeting with a higher being. It's something that transcends rational logic and numbers.

Know that sounds like a huge pile of bullshit, but thinking thousands of years of holy men/saints/holy hermits/fools for Christ etc were all just deluded idiots is peak pride posting.

Attached: isaac.jpg (563x374, 40K)

The others are nephilim or demons.

>You can't prove your God exists
The only thing I can do is convince you that he exists
Your worldview will be different.

The idea is that all religions worship the same higher power that allegedly gave this specie sentience and cognition.

Attached: ifyouknew.png (800x1081, 1.61M)

>tries to say when God created the planet according to the evolution timeline and not the Bible

Attached: Adam to Joseph Longevity Chart.jpg (2400x1624, 1.42M)

Rabbi means teacher you retard

Christianity accounts for those gods, they were fallen angels larping as gods.. ask that pathetic cuck who built all the megaliths

That's not allowed though. The bible clearly states every other piece of work that speaks of God and his sayings is false and devil's work.

Attached: checkem1.png (485x409, 28K)

I'm a facts man, a tangible person. I don't care for your parabolas and tales. If there is a God in the way that you think of, he's the cruelest, most self centered vindictive jealous cunt the earth has ever seen. I would gladly crucify that fagot again, if he ever existed.

No other specie speaks the word of God except jews.

Just stop, you're demonstrably retarded.

Oof, well then stay foolish

What a fucking joke. Watch some more star trek nerd

The rapture is coming
God will punish you

OK I will bite
I am atheist but am perfectly fine with people being religious. I have a PhD in biochemistry and see no need for a deity to explain the universe or life. I am quite conservative in my beliefs and identify much more with Christians than all these radical degenerate lefty atheists. I grew out of my rabid atheist "debate me" phase many years ago. I'm basically an atheist Christian now. I try to live according to most Christian morals even though I don't believe in the mythology. I think it spells out an excellent standard to be a good person.

Apparently one who teaches in synagogues during shabbath too.

Attached: John 1 Mark 1.jpg (1732x766, 1.24M)

Attached: 1559943571808.jpg (960x494, 51K)

Amazing intellectually sound argument. you'll convert masses with that,

Star trek?

Attached: 1566873938953.jpg (720x720, 79K)

Tell yea, this is true. There were 3000 other religions but none has crossed the globe like Christianity. Jesus teachers there is only one god, the 3000 others are probably people who haven’t heard the word trying to express the divine. God is ever present and everyone knows it. but god sent Jesus to give everyone a road map to the knowledge of the one god.

Not an argument retard

youtu.be/shyI-aQaXD0

Attached: 1564533056683.png (1440x786, 1.4M)

Did everyone clap?

You do know people who doubt christianity won't be spared from hellfire right? You are just like my friends, laughing and joking now, but when death comes youl will regret being so sinful and ignorant.

Why do all fedora-tippers sound the same?

yeah, mine is real, who cares what anyone else says, don't be weak, they're the ones destined for the lake of fire

>I'm a facts man,
>believes the earth is billions of years old
retard

Still, no arugument. Adhom central.

Attached: kkr.jpg (665x644, 48K)

You see, I'm not arguing with you
I'm mocking you.

Are people this retarded really posting on Jow Forums?

Attached: 1566616748186.gif (292x278, 1.22M)

I'm not concerned in the slightest. But any god who forgives a child rapist who repents, but damns an atheist who never harmed anybody can go fuck himself. The bible says the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy. You could cut off a woman's arms and legs, keep her alive, rape, murder, and cook her infant in front of her and then force her to eat it. But if you repent, hey no hard feelings. Just don't blaspheme.

You're the one believing in Sky daddy # 6000.

Attached: worldyouthday.jpg (750x528, 112K)

Argument =

Im willing to credit god exists, my question to you is why do you worship him? The world is burning down and your god is doing nothing to stop it. So either he flat doesn't care about the suffering of his children, hes completely forgotten you exist or hes the one who is creating the suffering. Why is any of that a god you would worship?

Attached: 1508977482558.jpg (540x445, 63K)

tip harder faggot

youtu.be/vkYCry8u4pI

Attached: 1558134648236.jpg (600x800, 64K)

Jesuit Houses:
>House of Borja
>House of Breakspeare
>House of Somaglia
>House of Orsini (Orso)
>House of Conti
>House of Chigi
>House of Colonna
>House of Farnese
>House of Medici
>House of Gaetani
>House of Pamphili
>House of Este
>House of Aldobrandini

Attached: Guelph.jpg (273x922, 126K)

As a biochemist you must be familiar with genetics. Humans are genetically predisposed to religious belief. That’s why climate change/ secularism has become a quasi religion with its own versions of sin and atonement. Maybe this is because are intelligence is gifted from another source that can’t be measured by current scientific understanding. Albert Einstein believed in god, why don’t you?

Really for you it's going to have to be a rational argument, I'll try my best.

1. Jesus came into being during a very unusual set of circumstances. There was the Pax Romana which allowed people to travel long distances safely. There was Greek Philosophy and teachers. There was a timeline that would fulfill the promises made about the Messiah. Jesus was able to accomplish the various prophecies and oracles as one act of proof. The second was miracles (which we can't obviously prove today), the third was the ability for the religion to topple explode in size and popularity, become the official religion of the Empire and to spread in power.

Christianity's lore is that Jesus died in an ultimate act of salvation. He "defeated death by death" and brought a physical body into the Heavenly realms, making it possible for us to do the same (not die but have eternal life).

It's gets mystical after that, but the rise and legacy of Christianity is worthy of exploration.

2. Christianity keeps our social-Darwinism learned traditions/culture alive. Time is evolution for memes and culture. Only the best ones survive/increase survivability.

3. After attending the Great Liturgy (Orthodox Christianity's Sunday ritual) I saw how healthy and happy everyone was. Lots of children, also well natured. I felt and experienced powerful things.

It's just something you experience. If you turn yourself off to the possibility though you will of course not find anything. You'll always find a way to push it away.

Had an Atheist guy at work with family issues who asked me what to do. I had no real idea, but prayed and suggested forgiveness etc. It worked and we walked outside to see a sky-writer had left "Jesus Forgives" in the sky. He laughed going "Just a coincidence" then swear to shit, fell off the ledge of the foundation about 7 feet and narrowly avoided impaling himself on exposed rebar. He left the shape of the cross in the dirt. Never explored it further

Attached: hurhghgh.png (264x426, 174K)

Papal Bloodlines:
>Orsini
>Breakspear
>Aldobrandini
>Farnse
>Somaglia

Stop, you religious sheep. Pay the tithe and STFU

Attached: 1e1f.jpg (300x218, 20K)

>this nigger presumes to understand your personal relationship with the one true creator of the universe
What this faggot doesnt understand is Krishna, Odin, Utu, Ahura Mazda, Quetzalcoatl, Ra, Zeus and so on are just Fallen masquerading as gods

2 Thessalonians 2:9-11 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

We literally empower kids who claim to be the other gender and chop their genitals off. People are insane.

I was an atheist for most of my life, or at best an agnostic, but I kept an open mind and sincerely kept searching for truth, after ~45 years and getting baptized, just to please my wife, I still didn't believe, I was granted insight and discernment, the gift of the holy spirit I guess, I couldn't stop believing now if I tried, blew my mind, I hope for all of you to someday receive something similar, it's wild

i'm not going to argue with you, just keep an open mind and really seek truth and hopefully you'll be gifted with it

>I literally brainwashed myself into believing.

Yeah, it's not the Christians doing that. And no the incredibly small, flaccid Karen Priestess churches with rainbow flags are not Christian anymore then modern liberals are liberal.

lol

Atheism is a teenager's disease. Any adult can recognize that man is a religious creature, and atheism itself is a religion.
Do we know the secret of the mystery? no. its supposed to be that way.
>muh god of the gaps
there will always be a gap, thats why faith is powerful.
youtube.com/watch?v=nlaoR5m4L80

Right? Same experience man. I was so fucking done with religion and was in the pits of neetdom and despair. I heard a voice in my head saying "It'd be okay to kill yourself". Months of this crushing, black cloud.

I was researching Orthodoxy and found the Jesus Prayer (what the monks repeat over and over, Lord Jesus Christ Son of God have Mercy Upon me the Sinner).

I walked around one night and repeated it over and over. Swear on my life, I heard myself going "This is so fucking stupid, just stop. You're better then this. You don't need any help". But I kept repeating it and BANG.

Suddenly, the months and months of constant dread and mental agony was gone. I felt clean and at peace. I was so shocked that I took my wife to the 6am church prayers at the orthodox Church that morning. The peace lasted for days and days. No more crying for no reason, no more dread. Just peace.

I feel that same peace now every time I enter the Church and pray.

Attached: 69842687_911488982552699_2766349007553822720_n.jpg (691x960, 162K)

Yes, we shouldn't confuse the fallen deities with our righteous child-killing god.

Attached: Exodus 12.jpg (1611x906, 660K)

Think about Christianity for real. It's so dumb. It says that the red blood cells in animal bodies are magical and the deity who made the stars and the galaxies wants to smell those red blood cells burning on an altar in order to forgive people for eating shellfish. Then later, the red blood cells of that very deity, now born into human form by way of a virgin are even more magical, and now that it has felt pain, it now agrees to allow anyone who believes this story to live.

What the fuck.

Christianity will stand the test of time

A.D 40k internet archives what's up

Why do christians always have these ridiculous stories?
My dad claimed he had a friend who was about to die of cancer. His body was full of multiple tumors. He was about to die and decided to repent and devote his remaining days to Jesus. He went to the doctor for his next chemo appointment and the cancer was simply gone, all of it. All the big tumors just gone. And that was it. Not further checkups, doctors didn't want to study him to figure out how many pounds of cancer tissue could just evaporate practically overnight. I called B.S. and my dad just got mad and was like
>you calling my friend a liar!?!?!?
Yes. Yes I am. And if he simply walked away and didn't let them do some tests on him to study the miraculous cure of the cancer he is a fucking asshole. Why wouldn't a "Christian" want to contribute to understanding a cure for cancer?

God is necessary to explain metaphysics, and the edges of physics possibly explainable by rationalism.

Materialism is fundamentally incorrect, there is a superior world of mind/ideas that precedes it and a world spirit which this emerges from.

You are misunderstanding God and the sequence of events of Being and reality unfolding. Our existence is the consequence of Being. Being exists within God. That which exists within Being is here because it exists within God, due to God. By turning to God, you can understand and experience true Good, and become part of the Good, and come to understanding that Good is the part of Being which turns shittiness and darkness into Beauty and Light. You can also turn away from God and live for yourself, or live for false Gods. This leads to despair and the illusion of pleasure and 'Goodness' through temporal sensations. To understand worshiping God, you have to understand the true Greatness of God, and the true benefits of a relationship with him (which is optional - you can just choose to live for yourself, but 100% of people who do this end up miserable given infinite time, and since the soul is eternal this is the trap of pride and materialism which all religion and spirituality describes), which brings you to understanding why we should truly fear God, fear our own weakness and fallibility, and look to God for guidance through any and all means he has given us, which leads us to living by his Word and Law, to prayer, to seeking guidance through religions, scriptures, other people, etc.

Your view on God shows a severe misunderstanding of something that is eternal, infinite and incomprehensible, which you can derive benefit from and which benefits humanity when they truly turn to it (to virtue, to holiness, to goodness, to love, to mercy).

>months of it
>months
Noob

If you think of Heaven being a different dimension it makes more sense for me.

God is not of this world, but he did create it. He then had to be born here as a flesh/blood/living being. Fully human and fully divine.

God being in flesh changes everything. God experienced life as flesh and worked his secret plan to spite the devil and to save us, his fallen children.

When he died he visited hell and rescued all of the trapped, righteous spirits. He then rose from the death, a living being, that ascended into heaven.

Now in Heaven, right now is a living, breathing, God and the Saints are likewise alive with him and they are serving and protecting the world.

To become more of the spirit we follow specific rules, eat specific foods and practice physical and mental discipline. We then eat the sanctified flesh and blood which is then broken down and absorbed into our bodies. It is the holy transmutation of matter.

Yeah it's a pretty wild set of circumstances, which is why I'm so surprised he never investigated further.

Cast not pearls before swine. Also I live in central FL and do construction so..... planes doing Jesus stuff and people falling off ledges is pretty common. It all happening at the same time is pretty miraculous though.

You’re to afraid to believe...all atheists are the biggest fucking pussies because they pretend they don’t know there is a God and still follow the laws of men. Fucking pathetic. You’re afraid because you should be. Fuck you.

nobility ruling things is the natural order of the world
someone who has outgrown the disease of republicanism would see this any day.

>How the fuck do I argue this?

you can't all religions are fake

Attached: mushroom_and_sex_cult.jpg (869x626, 127K)

How To Be Saved And Go To Heaven When You Die

youtu.be/YS-IjoeDuic

Attached: BC6E3037-44E6-4E8F-B1AD-1A8B3A3D8D0E.jpg (1024x756, 210K)

Have sex

wasted trips

Attached: 1565897175137.jpg (1697x979, 533K)

If you research into stories of miraculous healings, especially those attirubted to holy sites and saints, you will find there is much truth to them. If you go looking, you will meet plenty of those who were personally healed, or witnesses, or Doctors who have affirmed it. Read about the canonization of some Saints and if you feel brave, go and disprove the multiple doctors of different faiths and beliefs who all affirmed the miraculous healings did happen. Plenty of investigation has been done, and those who have eyes to see and do not dismiss anything that disagrees with their reality quickly come to realisation that there is either some supernatural force fucking with us, some great conspiracy at play that is bigger and more ridiculous than the Christian religion, or simply that the Christian religion is the basis for certain truths and God is real and active in the world.

You may also be interested in learning about incorruptible bodies of certain Saints, which are provable, well documented, and have not found a good explanation yet.

If you are interested in learning about some prominent and recent miracles and incorruptibility then look at St Charbel in Lebanon and his story. Easy to disprove if bullshit, and very well documented. Ongoing healings to this day.

Ohhh Eeeemmm Geeeeee two thousand years and billions of believers who devoted their lives, BTFOd by a celebrity. Welp, better throw all that in the bin now!

Attached: cornelius eyeroll.gif (352x217, 1.64M)

>all major scholars rejected Allegro's ideas, including his academic mentor
>even his publisher regretted publishing the book
Now that's some next level big brain source right there.

Which of the 3,000 should I do this to? I dont think my odds are good if I just pick one. Can I just bulk blast it to all of them to be safe?

Ultimately if you're working purely on logic or reason, then I believe you can still see the wisdom of Christianity.

You could ultimately have pic related, or you could have a blue haired turbo thot who aborted your kid and a cat.

People will not exchange God for worship of a figurehead or political ideology. They are false Gods and the human mind does not accept them as anything higher.

Attached: Option1.jpg (550x367, 47K)