And the highlight states “for military purposes.” So why is it available to individuals?

And the highlight states “for military purposes.” So why is it available to individuals?

Attached: 1557441844806.png (613x696, 370K)

Other urls found in this thread:

constitution.org/cons/wellregu.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shall not be infringed.

For that exact reason

>.22
>Military use

Imagine thinking a .22 caliber rifle is for military purposes.

It isn't without a special license from the ATF and none of them have ever been used to shoot civilians except by the military that buys them without the special license. Maybe make the military license each troop to be able to buy one then they might quit shooting civilians.

Can't have much of a militia if your arms aren't suitable for military purposes, now can you?

Not an argument

Individuals are entitled to military equipment per the second amendment

KEK
this

Sage

Red flag laws.

Why are nuclear bombs in the hands of politicians known to be the most immoral, lying, corrupt cowards the country ever produces?

I don't follow. The article is asking if the rifle in a new calibre is suitable for military purposes. Nowhere does the article imply the rifle is only intended to be used by the military.

.223 rounded is .22. They aren’t referring to 22 long rifle you fucking imbeciles

Attached: 86ED1150-5AF8-4B69-BCF7-FD0FE96B42B3.jpg (911x1024, 80K)

They have no authority to put a rule on mankind like that. Shut up and sell guns if you want money.

So fucking what?

This. It was a marketing scheme.
.223 is not .22, is it? .22 is probably the most ubiquitous round in the world, nobody is "rounding" to that number.

>report says it's too weak for military purposes
Lmaoing at this guy

because the second amendment guarantees the right for civilians to own military grade weaponry.
the second amendment covered artillery pieces at the time of writing.
but, just for shit's and giggles how bout you tell me the difference between an AR-15 and an M-16

If they would do something that fucking retarded the rest of it isn't even worth reading.

Yes it is, it just has much more powder behind it.

Because the 2nd exists to protect the people's right to be every bit as armed as any state militant group. A federal military wasn't even on the radar back then, the very idea was absurd as the states were always meant to serve their own interests first and pool resources when need be for emergencies, not have a standing federal force perpetually looming like we have now. The point is, the 2nd amendment was abolished the very first time any gun that a soldier would see a use for was denied to the people, simple as that, the battle is long lost and larpers need to realize this. Can the marines have full autos and hand grenades for their engagements? Yeah? Can you? No? (m-muh tax stamps and regular searches and ammo counts!! lmao) there ya go. No 2nd amendment.

Today, as defined by the Militia Act of 1903, the term "militia" is used to describe two classes within the United States:

Organized militia – consisting of State militia forces; notably, the National Guard and Naval Militia (Note: the National Guard is not to be confused with the National Guard of the United States.)

Unorganized militia – composing the Reserve Militia: every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age, not a member of the National Guard or Naval Militia.

We are all part of the unorganized militia that should be ready to answer the call. That requires owning firearms for military applications which an AR-15 is good for. It saves the government money by having citizens purchase and possess their own weapons. The only thing that's left is training.

"The .223 Remington is officially a .22 caliber, and is listed as such in technical manuals, as is the .22lr, .222 Remington, the 5.56x45mm, the 5.45x39mm or the 5.7x28mm. The .22lr is also known in metric as the 5.56x15mmR. ... So yes, the .223 Remington IS a .22 caliber round, as is the 5.56x45mm NATO."

Please point to the part of the second amendment that states what type of arms the people are restricted to having a right to keep and bear if you could please you good damn kike shill faggot?

Attached: rkmtrEA.gif (821x1088, 156K)

this is actually a good point, we place the largest military in the history of the world into the hands of a known liar every four years and you faggots are worried about a third of the population having guns?

Unconstitutional, insofar as the 2nd and 4th amendments are concerned.

This
>sage

The second amendment is for military purposes. Guns were invented for military purposes

What caliber do you think the IRA accomplished the most with? Any insurgency? You think all of the eurofaggot uprisings in modern history were spearheaded by dudes with .50 cals playing rambo? It's sharpshooters taking opportunistic shots with small calibers, doing the most damage possible and using their possible presence and the fear it generates as a tool to break morale in state forces. That's the reality.

For forming militias

Fuck you kike, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Deal with it.

>.223 = .22
The absolute state of no guns fags.

Because I want it. It’s not about what Communists say I “need”, it is about what I WANT.

yeah but when has the government ever cared about the law? the law is just for us peons who pay taxes.

>.22 is actually .223

Liberals shouldn't own guns. They'd get a face filled with metal after their first shot.

It says .22 CENTERFIRE in the article you dunces. What could that be referring to but .223/5.56?

You are allowed to own anti-tank artillery

> .22 caliber
Just in case we get attacked by an army of angry hamsters or pigeon ...

you complete fucking moron, thats not how rounding works.

Imagine equating a .223 with a .22LR.? How more ignorant could you be?

You are fucking retarded.

FULL AUTO (military/LEO/class c) vs. SEMI AUTO(civilian).
assault weapons have been heavily restricted for years in the US. Try harder

Attached: 49728064_746562969053803_426162877200596992_n.jpg (570x640, 27K)

What's your point? Imagine thinking the constitution is being respected in current year +4 or +5 or whatever we're at now. It's a dead document. We're already like any other authoritarian shithole in Europe, the laws are just being rolled out now rather than in place for centuries. There is no safety net, there is no ethical leadership respecting the spirit of the US or the intent of it's founders. That shit is long dead and neither you nor anybody here is going to do a thing about it. Grow up and get over it.

I'm an unironic liberal and I own a few ARs, a WASR, and an SKS. I haven't been shooting in a few months due to life, but I enjoy it and will never give up the 2A.

that’s not the same gun as the AR15 today, that was standard issue in Vietnam. Do some googlin’

What do you think the SS109 cartridge is?

A bullet is not just a bullet. It’s a cartridge. The amount of powder is also important. That’s the difference between .22lr and .223. Both are smol bullets, one has much more powder.

B-but its the same!!

So i have monies to buy another gun. Should i buy an AR so it gets granpappied in? Love the platform, wish i never sold my lil plinker. RIP in peace stag arms budget with them sweet holo sights.

Doesn't matter. The whole argument that "an ar15 isn't a military weapon" or "the phrase assault rifle is made up" are dumb arguments when there's much better ones. Like the fact they account for the smallest number of gun deaths out of any category of firearms.

they don't round numbers for a bullet, because that would only make a lot of problems(the .22 caliber bullet was being used back then, but not for armed service use

Attached: 22 vs 223.jpg (4608x2592, 3.15M)

>.22
>military purpose
what's that supposed to accomplish
amuse the enemy?

Attached: 3eccb1ce26215610a1e4d3b6accef334f6de6376r1-720-700v2_hq.jpg (720x700, 59K)

It's still the same fundamental weapon though. The only thing that's changed are barrels for grenade launcher attachments, rails, free float hand guards, optics mounting, collapsible stocks, etc. That doesn't change the inner workings of the initial design.

How do you deal with the fact that your party members want to take away those rights?

make your liberal friends this way, seriously if you guys would stop attacking the 2a we would pretty much let you do what you want.

The .223 Remington is officially a .22caliber, and is listed as such in technical manuals, as is the .22lr, .222 Remington, the5.56x45mm, the 5.45x39mm or the 5.7x28mm. The .22lr is also known in metric as the5.56x15mmR. ... So yes, the .223 Remington IS a .22caliber round, as is the5.56x45mm NATO.

It's a gun that shoots bullets. Many different types of guns shoot many types of bullets. Just like many types of cars go different speeds.
The way it looks is not inherent on it's functionality.
It could be labeled ChadPenis-123 and it wouldn't have anything to do with how it works.

Get a .308 AR and stop sucking dicks

Quick question:
Who has killed more innocent people?
A. government
B. civilians

You sound like a complete douche. I know something basic about firearms, it makes me smert. Wow I'll bet youre impressed with yourself. Dolts like you make gun owners look bad. Sad pathetic loser.

Let's pretend for a moment that I "get over it". What happens next?

Hey by all means go ahead and shoot a .22 from a AR-15.

>internet commandos btfo

The ar-15 was a available in 1962? Where were all the mass shootings from 1962-1991?

if you have none, buy 2.

dont go cheap, save your money and buy something reliable.

Attached: 47578892_2280148712203031_2741982545687085056_n.jpg (720x595, 38K)

Rifle is semi-auto, like every other firearm that isn't a revolver.
Hunting rifles are more powerful and more deadly than an AR because they're designed to actually kill instead of just wound.

It says right there in the article there are talking about small caliber rim fire ammunition. .22 is not .223

where does it say, "except for military-style weapons?"

Attached: download (18).png (1094x731, 1.29M)

.223 means 3/1000 of a difference. Common rounding makes it .22

Attached: F9B29D82-AB08-4FDF-BFDB-EEA8636E98EC.gif (220x153, 31K)

shill

it's about to kick off
the rise in suicides and mass shootings is proof
this recession will change everything

because all american males capable of fighting have a constitutional duty to be well prepared to fight in the civillian militia.

No its not ive dug way into this wanted to cast my own .223 prohectiles onto a .22 casing it wouldn't have worked they are nut the same caliber

The article is about downgrading from the in use M14 to the new M-16 military variant of the AR-10/15 platform and the usefulness of .223 in low intensity military conflicts.

The same thing that's been happening. Only you're not beating yourself up thinking there's any chance of reversal. That's where we're at, modern Americans have had all real fight stripped out of them systematically from birth for generations and the ones with any semblance of it left are sent to die for Israel. The only difference is that you'd see the world for what it is and maybe pick up a few hobbies and live a slightly happier life until you die, probably in a far worse country than you grew up in, and hopefully having equipped your kids with the right values and realistic takes on the right things to give them a chance at the same. It's where we're at, that's all that is.

Dont skip over the "well regulated" part. People always seem to leave that out...

you would not be a good machinist

You fucking retard, the article says .22 center fire. The .223 is a fucking .22 center fire cartridge. Stop commenting on things you dont understand

it's for niggerling rushes

has to be easy for retards to handle under pressure

OK shit for brains

Attached: 675BF715-BEDD-4D8B-A610-2D304EECEA74.png (326x250, 25K)

>.22 caliber
>military purposes
does the military seriously use such a tiny caliber rifle? I thought .22 was used for trick shooting or hunting small game like rabbits.

Living in a AWB ban state the best I can get is a ruger Mini 14

constitution.org/cons/wellregu.htm
nice try kike

I cope regularly and it sucks, but I highly doubt the democrats will actually be able to repeal the 2A. The most they'll be able to do is pass a UBC bill. HOPEFULLY we see suppressors removed from the NFA.

Lol. he thinks they meant regulations (infringements). I regulate my watch, nigger.

>well regulated MILITIA
People in the old days were allowed gatling guns and cannon ships.

When autism meets retardation

>And the highlight states “for military purposes.” So why is it available to individuals?
2nd amendment is about military style weapons because the weapons have to be effective in warfare or else they wouldn't say "necessary for the security of a free state".

A well regulated milita. The militia is regulated. SEPERATE: The right of the people to own firearms shall not be infringed.

You are ordered to delete this

Attached: paul vance pfi.jpg (487x644, 86K)

.223/5.56 is a good cartridge for killing people

Because the armalite rifle was made for the military you dumb faggot. It has select fire. None of the rifles we buy now are made by armalite and none have select fire. Kys

You know there was a time in this country when schools had shooting ranges?

A well regulated breakfast, the right of the people to have food shall not be infringed. Whats more important in that sentence the food or the breakfast?

They think .223 vs .22 thing is like 9mm vs .380 I'm thinking. "it's identical but with more boom behind it" is commonly said, even by people who own guns chambered in both rounds.

Those aren't bad if you know what you're getting. First gen or 180 series were the worst, but virtually every iteration afterwards are fine carbines. Just know you're mostly regulated to smaller weight bullets.

what a perfect picture and comment
they really go together

that means "well trained", it essentially explicitly says it's your duty to practice to be an expert

By all means then, chamber a .22LR in an AR-15 and get back to the class with your results, numbnuts.