Google knows your hotel reservations

Made reservations with a single local hotel, not a chain. Didn't use Chrome, didn't use a third party site, just the hotel's crappy website. DID use an android phone.
Typed in hotel's name in Google maps to see travel time and I'm conveniently reminded of my reservation.
W
T
F
!
Google needs to burn.

I need to trash android, but that's gonna take awhile. In the meantime I need a crash course for internet anonymity, preferably geared towards 30 (OK, OK, 40)yr old Boomers.
This shit isn't right.

Attached: Fuck glow Googles.png (431x369, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2019/8/23/20830120/apple-contractors-siri-recordings-listening-1000-a-day-globetech-microsoft-cortana
theverge.com/interface/2019/9/10/20858028/google-antitrust-investigation-state-attorneys-general-facebook
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I need a crash course for internet anonymity
there is no such thing
the end

Google records voice conversations that aren't even your fucking phone. They feed that through to voice transcription to text. That is then fed to their neural nets. After that, they can either feed that advertisers or they can just plain try to fuck with you in ways that you probably haven't even imagined yet.

I should say that I haven't determined if google always does the voice recording. It seems that facebook might do the recording and feed it to google.

I believe this too. Do you know any articles on it?

just install gentoo and accept your new technocracy overlords. thinks will only get

A good start, but it gets so much worse than this. You have no idea.

The company needs brought down for certain. Too much power concentrated in their monopoly.

>he uses Android
YIKES, switch to Huawei if you don't want to be tracked by the ZOG

No, but I have been conversing with the person that has the phone most likely doing the majority of the recording. They are completely convinced. Our conversations have no advertising value. It can be obscure movie references from the 80's. Youtube videos will then show references to remote conversations that were not within range of my phone. I'm not logged in to youtube, but still conversations I had show up in ways that could only result from these remote voice conversations. It used to get to me. Now I'm accepting it more. I'm not sure why this doesn't happen to more people, but I suspect it has to do with how much shit I talk about the Intel agencies. Beware.

Theres a lot of ways google could know this. Did you use a google owned browser (chrome) to make the reservation? Is your email a Gmail account? Or linked to your google account? Does google have cookies installed in your browser? And finally yeah you did use an android phone.

>CHOG is better than ZOG

Attached: 1562372449904.png (957x798, 563K)

I don't Facebook, but way too into Google because of the phone.

>thinks will only get
Don't leave me hanging, user

Had a Huawei before. Was still Google android. Didn't give a shit what the Chinks saw, tbqh, but still Google. Would like an alternative that isn't Jewgle or fucking hipster apple as far as phone goes. Guess it's time to root. Any recommendations in that regard?

I don't facebook either, but let me give you an example. Fuck it, they already know who I am on Jow Forums. Note this is only one example of dozens over the past year. I was with someone in my car. My phone was in my pocket. The passenger had their phone out and facebook is installed on that phone. We were talking about references to Gene Wilder and Richard prior in an 80's movie. A little bit later, Dick Cheney came up and I mentioned that he was from Wyoming. When I got home, I fired up youtube and among the recommendations were videos on Gene Wilder, Richard Prior, Dick Cheney, and Wyoming PBS. This happens all the time to me. Anyone else have this kind of thing happen?

>Is your email a Gmail account?
>did use an android phone
Both. Been meaning to degoogle myself for awhile now, just haven't had their shit thrown in my face like this before. I guess it's time to get serious about it.

Forgot to also mention that sometimes the videos are references to voice conversations that I have with this person phone-to-phone. This implies that recorded/transcribed phone calls can be the source of recommendations for videos on a youtube display with no user logged in.

I don't use Chrome anymore.

The youtube display device is Roku, so that could be a factor as well.

What's funny is Google probably knew what you were doing way before the reservation.

Did you get a confirmation email?
Do you use gmail?
I would probably want to off myself if I was a developer who had to put up with end users like you.

I don't doubt it.
A simmering potential war between supernational powers is a cold war. What should we call a simmering potential war between private citizens and transnational companies?

>I would probably want to off myself if I was a developer who had to put up with end users like you.
Do the world a favor and pretend you are.

They knew you were going to get that room before you did.

So you're telling me they read my emails. Nice. I'm at ease now, and no longer want to see Google in flames. Thanks, user.

Do they know what I'm going to do as a result of showing their hand? We'll see...

Lolwutnigget

Attached: googlewormeye.jpg (1873x943, 125K)

Agreed OP. Any google developer that is lamenting their users who pay their multi-100k paychecks needs to go away. People have no idea the kind of invasive shit that they are really doing. If people really understood what these tech companies are up to, they (tech) would fail overnight.

I should also add that their invasive practices did seem to have their desired effect. I had to leave my nice 6 figure job in order to get my head straight after they first started fucking with me. I won't make that mistake again.

All jokes aside, and so I'm very clear, no, Glowniggers, I'm not violent, even towards Google, but they are way out of line. And yes, I would cheer any misfortune WHATSOEVER that befell them. Especially if it involved righteous hellfire.

Look into lineageos. But honestly you probably consented to giving up personal data and didn't realize it beforehand.

Why is this a surprise? This has been going on for years. Just expect your phone or anyone else's to be a spy device. I went to a restaurant and then the damn thing asked me to review it. (Location data told them I was there).

My wife goes to Wal-Mart a lot, and it told her there is a traffic jam and she would be late to "work" even though she doesn't work there.

I talked about log cabins and then those ads popped up.

That Pokemon game was for Google to get pictures of the interior of buildings (according to Vladimir Putin), and other locations.

Some of it is cool, like when it automatically makes a vacation video for you.

Go to an autodealership and you'll get car ads.

It's invasive as fuck, but the younger generation thinks it's cool.

My friend has a sleeping app for tracking his sleep on nightshift and it knows his fucking breathing rate all night and plots it for him and it is able to distinguish between his and his wife's breath-rate.

Sorry, anonymity is over.

On your laptop, Cortana is doing the same thing, and you can't even un-install it.

My son's friend got a visit from the FBI because he looked up "nuclear reactors" for a class project.

Whatever you can imagine is probably already being done.

Attached: 1567734089198.jpg (584x547, 19K)

Well, I hope you're doing well now, user.

Any recommendations for better anonymity? Specifically with regards to cell phones. I know the are Linux options out there, but not sure if they are any better. Fuck, my biggest concern is functionality, so a phone that let's me call and surf the web is all I need, to hell with social media, but I'm in a fringe area, so don't want a phone or os with weak reception.

>you probably consented to giving up personal data and didn't realize it beforehand.
I don't doubt it

Why did you use Google maps you fucking tard?

Just do it. I did months ago. Maps/nav sucks. Everything else is cake.

The sad thing is, I've "known" this to be true for a long while, and I've planned to degoogle myself for a long while, but laziness and convenience got in the way. And mostly, no obvious alternative. Never had them smack me across the forehead with their gigantic Google dick like this before. So this does change things. But if it takes this to make a longtime enemy of Google to see the way, what hope is there for change?

Nice trips.
We live in an Orwellian nightmare now. Soon they will use the knowledge they have to destroy us all. Trump was supposed to do something, but no such luck. Sorry bros.

OP, I am doing better now. Thanks. I don't think that you can have anonymity these days. As I have already demonstrated via anecdotal evidence, it doesn't need to be your device to be invasive. Just those you are in proximity too seems to be enough. They probably just use voice prints for identification? They don't care who is logged in. Once they have a static IP associated with you, that is you. I am an engineer, so I know how this shit works, but I don't know al the details of what they are up to. It is a lot worse than what the general population thinks it is. It is a lot worse than congress thinks it is. I finally just convinced myself that life is short and you have to deal with what you have. It does seem that the 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendments are really under attack since 2001. I wish the younger generation had a better reference to understand this. Good luck and be happy despite their attempts to fuck us all over is my advice.

This but unironically

I remember the early days of google stock and thinking how the fuck are they making any money. There is no reason for the stock to be rising in price and was bugging fellow investors about it.

One finally pulled me aside and said look, all their numbers are shit. They pump out a bunch of documents to file with the sec that blend in with all the other tech companies. But they are really funded by the US govt and agencies. All the insiders know this and we are following them. Google is going to ride to the top because they are chosen to, you either get on and ride or you don't. But they will be on top.

They would not. Most people are happy to let Google live in their asshole if it can increase their tinder matches or get them dominos 3 minutes faster.

Cause I use it all the time at work because it's worked better than the alternatives. Limited options, use what works. Open to suggestions.

>DID use an android phone
And i bet you have mail synced on your phone.
Gee I wonder how it happened.

>uses gmail

Best map/navs alternatives so far for you?

Mapquest is best. Bing maps is owned by Microsoft. Currently not so evil, but only a matter of time.

>Soon they will use the knowledge they have to destroy us all
Wrong. Soon they will overplay their hand and become an historical lesson.

Replied on your other post. For phone in general, but something bootloader unlocked. Flash a vanilla copy of AOSP.

What are you expecting them to do? They control everything.

Or both

The hotel probably sells information like that.

So the massive antitrust investigation is a larp intended to fool us all?
Holy shit

I appreciate your words, user. I don't like them, but I appreciate you sharing them. I hope you have peace in your life when allowed, and steel resolve when needed.

I'm not sure I buy that. Google found out how to get the old TV advertising money from the internet before anybody else, and the internet allows much more specific advertising. To keep it going, Google gets deeper and deeper into our lives, till the eventual need of an exorcism. I'm no Catholic, but I know I could use a Google exorcism.

Ah, the wonderful past when spazs would rant about the evils of Microsoft. Not saying they are or were perfect, but compared to Google...

You can't stop data collection but you can manipulate data. A healthy social credit score will be useful. Learn early to adapt to your advantage.

Dystopia has winners.

welcome to new age of 1984

>They control everything.
For now
Everything in this material world is finite, user.

Possibly. Doesn't absolve Google of spying.

>Do you know any articles on it?
OH HO HO
theverge.com/2019/8/23/20830120/apple-contractors-siri-recordings-listening-1000-a-day-globetech-microsoft-cortana
>Apple contractors were allegedly listening to 1,000 Siri recordings a day — each
>Each of the big five tech companies has been caught secretly using human contractors to listen to conversations recorded by their gadgets and services. Pro-privacy Apple is one of those companies, and thanks to a report from the Irish Examiner, we may know a little more about the actual work Apple contractors did, including having to listen to an arduous 1,000 Siri recordings every day.

>Apple’s Siri assistant currently records and sends snippets of your voice requests back to Apple to be studied so that Apple can try to make Siri better at giving you what you want. In July, The Guardian reported that contractors also hear some rather personal things, like “confidential medical information, drug deals, and recordings of couples having sex.” A contractor that spoke with the Irish Examiner said his job involved noting when Siri could actually help or if Siri was triggered accidentally. The Guardian said contractors “regularly” hear confidential information, but the contractor speaking with the Irish Examiner said the recordings “occasionally” had “personal data or snippets of conversations.”
They're listening to you, "grading" your conversations, using the data they gather to "only to improve their service" but who the fuck trusts them not to abuse what they gather in this day and age?

Attached: wiretap.jpg (600x600, 52K)

>A healthy social credit score will be useful.
Fuck off. May a bloody death befall any espousing bug think among humans.

People in the 40s: better not say that, my neighbors may be on the line.

>Fuck with you in ways you probably haven't even imagined yet

Reminds me of gangstalking. They have your private conversations and can "reference" them in a nearby conversation you may overhear. You think it's just a coincidence but then it happens again and again. You offhand mention something and it shows up in the advertising. Hell, you think about something and it shows up as an ad or recommended. Whether it be prediction based or mind reading based it's a bit strange.

>how much shit I talk about intel agencies
Welp, looks like going on all of those Jow Forums tier spergy rants in real life may not have been such a good idea. Considering all of the tech that listens to you and records.

Attached: 1568056350609.jpg (170x328, 19K)

Bing is based and redpilled

>any recommendations to degoogle my life are greatly appreciated
Buy a Jow Forums Pass.

OP here, found out I'm an idiot (not the first or last time) and found out a little more about just how deep Google evil can go. Appreciate the conversation and advice. OP is out.

/CyberBoomers/ should be a general.

>Trump was supposed to do something, but no such luck.
Did you miss the news that there's a massive anti-trust probe against Google RIGHT NOW?
theverge.com/interface/2019/9/10/20858028/google-antitrust-investigation-state-attorneys-general-facebook

... And get tracked by the Chinese government instead.
I know IPhone is a bit overpriced, but it's honestly the best option for privacy.

What was deleted?

Gmail is not private, they scan every word and document sent in or out of the address. Why do you think its free?

Maybe he's waiting for reelection to get down to business
nothing will happen. nothing ever happens

Trips of truth met with
trash deception

It's ok, the chinks don't control your country, culture, and life. Better them having your info than your own overlords.

Use a gmail email account?

Did the confirmation get emailed to a gmail account? I'm guessing so. It does it with flight reservations and dinner reservations too.

Attached: 1511042479665.gif (390x373, 2.54M)

It will come. I don't espouse it, I merely observe it will happen because wanting order is human nature. Humans are savage and stupid without imposed discipline.

Ohh noo its not like we know Googles hq adress Valarca R.I.P

it's definitely this
so many people use gmail just blindly assuming google doesn't read their shit
then goog tries to offer a helpful convenience feature and people freak out
like nigger what did you think was happening

Fighting must occur before its called war user.

This

Checked
Sad but true.

I had something similar happen to me recently, but stranger.

Recently I injured myself (broke several bones) and ended up in the hospital. While in the hospital I had no access to the internet of any kind so I never got online to look up anything. When I got home I never 'googled' or research or watched anything in relation to my injury at all but got relentlessly spammed with commercials and advertisements that were very specific to my area, my unique type of injury, . Never looked up anything in fact, and I live alone so no one had access to my PC or phone or anything while I was gone, so (((google's))) algorithms couldn't have picked up anything about my injury. I also don't have any android devices or anything like Amazon's Alexa or a webcam to record my conversations.

I want to know how the fuck jewgle got access to this info about me and literally the very day I got out of surgery and sent home. It's very creepy and stinks of illegality.

Attached: I_wonder.jpg (400x400, 23K)

The app is called PRISM. The big Jew tech companies have intentionally used this tech to record background noises. This in turn helps with ads and showing videos on YouTube. Plus Google and Facebook admits to listening to people having sex.

PRISM is malicious and also used in unison with the CIA and FBI. Google admits this.

It's not a secret and yes it's unconstitutional.

Bump if you didn't know it's called PRISM. The technology that listens to your private conversations.

bump for this. fuck the jews.

Attached: fuckthejews.jpg (480x451, 53K)

>I need a crash course for internet anonymity
pretty simple. Don't use anything from Google (android, google search, youtube; alternatives are apple, duckduckgo, none for yt sadly), use browsers like tor for hiding your ip, don't allow or regulary delete "cookies" (nice word for tracking) in your browser.
Also helpful would be avoiding pretty much any big internet company products (fb, instagram, amazon etc.). That's hard for some, but at least one should try to only use those that are unavoidable (like whatsapp)

Unfortunately true.

op:
its your gmail account retard, confirmation was sent there by hotel website.

inb4 you lie and say they didn't send it to your gmail account. they did. and that's why you got this reminder.

5G baby, China is coming to save you. Get one of them Huawei phones and say fuck Googleroid. The Chinese Communist Party does not give a fuck if you hate the CIA pedophile blackmail mafia.

>My son's friend got a visit from the FBI because he looked up "nuclear reactors" for a class project.

This is bullshit lol.

muh space zombie is gonna save the world

The solution is following the Bible
>But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

the solution is to read Mein Kampf and fight the jews

Apple and Duckduckgo are jewed too, look at the owners. Whatsapp is owned by Facebook, so what's the point?