Why do Protestants have such a problem with Mary...

Why do Protestants have such a problem with Mary? We were singing her praises hundreds of years before Luther even lived. Luther himself considered Mary worthy of veneration and greatest among saints.

What gives prot bro’s?

She has the best hymns in my personal opinion.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NS97lvtyayA#

Attached: 226CFAAA-D4A7-4124-AB8A-F9CF4779087C.jpg (425x750, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SmqLKr6gF-Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pCgk-b4iMOk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vST--E8suls
youtu.be/pwp1CH5R-w4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XqSjIQBtuVY
youtube.com/watch?v=QC37VXrVNjE
youtube.com/watch?v=PdJJszJUuiY
youtube.com/watch?v=xt-qYDb7UcI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rVoWh7faBvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SmqLKr6gF-Q

Attached: E0819AE5-2AB2-4926-9885-0C32FB7B6E27.jpg (1247x1001, 59K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pCgk-b4iMOk

Attached: 7CF371E5-9A30-4394-BE16-922CB1E0DC10.png (1313x1688, 3.77M)

let's see, a monk decides he wants to have sex with a nun, so he decides to cause a continental war just to get his dick wet, and a great deal of retarded people decided to listen to this asshat. Just think about it, their literally fucking spirituality, the stone upon which the answers to the questions of "who am i?" "why am i here" "where am i going" was decided entirely upon the lust of a single man
but it doesn't end there
then, following the habits of their spiritual predecessors, the protshits in the shitislands near europe decided that they needed to take it to the next level, and decided to change their spirtiuality yet again using their king's infidelity as the basis for God's existence
so when it comes to the holy mother, who woudl ask, "why do protshits have such a problem with mary?" rather we should ask if a protshit might not have a problem considering the basis of his spirituality is whoremonging when God was incarnated through a virgin maiden.

worshipping a giant vagina is bad for the inside of your head.

Sound like total fags to be honest

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vST--E8suls

Attached: B1309B94-FBC4-4D6D-B0A2-60E751113DED.jpg (890x1048, 416K)

Classic music's greatest hit

youtu.be/pwp1CH5R-w4

Not a protestant but
Mary—Mother of Jesus not “Mother of God”

Mary was Jewish by birth, and she was a direct descendant of KingDavid. (Luke 3:23-31) She was highly favored by God for her faith and devotion. (Luke 1:28) God chose her to become the mother of Jesus. (Luke 1:31,35) Along with her husband, Joseph,Mary had other children.—Mark 6:3.

Although the Bible shows that Mary became a disciple of Jesus, not much additional information is given about her.—Acts 1:14.

Why do some consider Mary the mother of God?

The earliest evidence of devotion to Mary dates from the late fourth centuryC.E. At that time, the Catholic Church became the State religion of the Roman Empire. As a result, many who had a pagan background became nominal Christians. The church had also adopted the unscriptural teaching of the Trinity.

Thedoctrine of the Trinityled many in the church to conclude that if Jesus were God, then Mary must be the mother of God. In 431C.E., a church council in Ephesus officially proclaimed Mary the “Mother of God.” Mariolatry—the excessive veneration of Mary—flourished after this Council of Ephesus. And as those from a pagan background joined the church, images and icons of the Virgin Mary gradually took the place of their fertility goddesses, such as Artemis (Diana, to the Romans) and Isis.

In 432C.E., Pope SixtusIII ordered a church to be built in Rome in honor of the “Mother of God.” It was built near the site of an earlier temple erected in honor of Lucina, the Roman goddess of childbirth. One author described this church as “an enduring symbol of the assimilation of the Great Mother of the pagan cults to the cult of Mary after the Christianization of Rome.”—Mary—The Complete Resource.

No, the Bible does not teach that Mary is the mother of God, nor does it suggest that Christians should either worship or venerate Mary.*Consider:

Mary never claimed that she was the mother of God. The Bible explains that she gave birth to “the Son of God,” not God himself.—Mark 1:1;Luke 1:32.

Jesus Christ never said that Mary was God’s mother or that she was worthy of special devotion. In fact, he corrected a woman who gave special attention to Mary’s happy role as his mother, saying: “No, rather, happy are those hearing the word of God and keeping it!”—Luke 11:27, 28.

The terms “Mother of God” and“Theotokos”(God-bearer) are not found in the Bible.

The expression “Queen of Heaven” in the Bible refers, not to Mary, but to a false goddess worshipped by apostate Israelites. (Jeremiah 44:15-19) The “Queen of Heaven” may have been Ishtar (Astarte), a Babylonian goddess.

Early Christians did not worship Mary, nor did they give her any special honor. One historian states that early Christians “would have rejected cults and probably feared that undue attention to Mary might evoke a suspicion of goddess worship.”—In Quest of the Jewish Mary.

The Bible says that God has always existed. (Psalm 90:1,2;Isaiah 40:28) Since he had no beginning, he cannot have a mother. Furthermore, Mary could not have held God in her womb; the Bible makes clear that even the heavens cannot contain him.—1Kings 8:27.

Mary—Mother of Jesus not “Mother of God”

Mary was Jewish by birth, and she was a direct descendant of KingDavid. (Luke 3:23-31) She was highly favored by God for her faith and devotion. (Luke 1:28) God chose her to become the mother of Jesus. (Luke 1:31,35) Along with her husband, Joseph,Mary had other children.—Mark 6:3.

Although the Bible shows that Mary became a disciple of Jesus, not much additional information is given about her.—Acts 1:14.

She ia not mother of God and teach blasphemy.

Nice pasta, not one single Catholic on earth believes Mary is the mother of God, the Father almighty. If you make it into heaven you’re gonna feel like a huge dick head when you see the Holy Queen my guy

she gave birth to the physical body of jesus

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XqSjIQBtuVY

:)

What the Catholics do is idolatry, is frowned upon in the bible. Mary is just another imperfect being, like Peter
Who is not God, but the firstborn son of God

Thanks JW, but actual Christians are trying to talk here.

Catholics believe that Mary was sinless to have Jesus. I don’t know if she remained that way....

Literal Arian heresey. Jesus is God. Mary was conceived without original sin.

She did indeed remain sinless

Idolatry is a sin.

Idolatry: worshipping anything but God

We celebrate and love and honor Mary. We do not WORSHIP. No one kneels before Mary and thinks she is God. She is the Mother of Christ. Who can know Jesus more than His own mother? Who can love Mary more than Jesus Himself?

Protestantism is just another Christian heresy, like Satanism or Evolution

Arianism is that the Son was not eternal but was created. The leaf is saying Jesus isn't God at all, which is a Jehovah's Witness position.

Luke 1:47. MY SAVIOR. Straight from her own mouth, calling Mary sinless is the blasphemy. Just like you ignore she had other children, let alone James his half brother.
You equate Mary with Jesus in righteousness, and even more.

Who is my mother and who are my brothers?

Being against Marian worship is not just a Protestant thing but an orthodox thing as well. Roman Catholics don’t realize that Rome created Marian worship as a way to fill a vacuum left by pagan fertility goddess’, the patron goddess of Rome, Juno, specifically.
Some of you don’t even realize that there are Native American tribals in the Amazon and in Mesoamerica that are considered fully Catholic yet out right will only refer to Mary by the name of their respective native fertility goddess’.
It’s a weird form of mommy worship and is a nigger tier practice.

You're a catholic, you're about as close to Christianity as a Jew. Can you use bible to back up your claims or do you believe everything the pedophiles priest told you?
Then what was the point of Christ coming down on earth? The bible never said she was sinless. Can you show me that scripture?
The bible does not say Jesus is God. In fact Jesus himself says his father than him. How could he say that if he was in fact God?
John 14:28
>You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am..

Show me in the bible where it says Mary was conceived without the original sin. Or it is some shit you Catholics made up?

You phrased that very poorly. Catholics obviously do not think of Mary as having divine nature like God does, she is not like God who has always existed, This is not a part of our theology, nor is it even mainstream - any catholic worth his salt knows Mary isn't God. If she were God, it would only be by virtue of theosis [becoming one with God], which occurs for any human in heaven, not just Mary.

We do however believe Mary is the mother of God, because that follows logically and inescapably. If Jesus is God, which we all believe, and Mary is his mother, which is literally true, then Mary is the mother of God. To separate Jesus's from God is to invoke heresy saying that Jesus the man isn't God - this is inescapably so.

To explain in further detail, let me illustrate the trinity: There is the human nature of the Son that entered history as Jesus - this human nature belongs to the Son, who is God. The Son has 2 natures, one human, one divine. The son in acquiring his human nature did not mean he lost or muddled his divine nature - he has both, and both of these natures are God because if the human nature wasn't God's nature, then it would have to be someone else's nature - which is obvious heresy. Jesus the man is God, not just his divine essence - he even went to Sheol when he died like a human normally would, we repeat this every time we say the apostles creed.

>"He descended into hell;
>on the third day He rose again from the dead;
>He ascended into heaven,
>and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;

Attached: 1567647449297.jpg (550x546, 86K)

I could very well have made a mistake on the theosis part*

tl;dr there cannot be any separation from Jesus the human and God, and so if Jesus the human was a son to Mary, then Mary is quite literally the mother of God.

To think otherwise is simply to misunderstand Jesus' nature.

Prayer is a form of worship. Papists pray to Mary. There's nothing wrong with Mary from a Protestant perspective and she is to be seen in a positive light; but she's not worthy of worship, should not be prayed to - and a lot of other Catholic actions are very nearly heretical in regards to her. The veneration was such that the mohamadans from their outside perspective thought she was a part of the 'Holy Trinity'.

Based

Attached: be5941a0ed3af79f3de5142e55a638f4.png (630x750, 986K)

>Prots vs Mary

Psychological Trauma as a result from circumcision causes mother issues as they resent her for failing to protect them.

Attached: 1533149310627.jpg (599x428, 51K)

Protestants don't get circumsisions. Only Amerikikes do.

Phrased what poorly? What you just laid out is basic Catholicism. What poorly read scriptural fundamentalists think is that we believe Mary is the literal mother of the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. This we don’t believe, even though Jesus and the father are cosubstantial.

The Saints are offering all of our prayers, right now, to God in the form of sacred incense. How can they offer prayers to God which they cannot hear? How do you explain this part of Revelation?

No Henry 8th
No Reformation in England
No dissolution of the monasteries
Wanton destruction of lives and property of the working class through greed
No crowding of the dispossessed peasants into urban slums
No cholera epidemics
No Spanish Armada and centuries of ceaseless religious war
No English Civil War
No Highland Clearances
No Irish Genocide

Jesus prayed to the Father. As did everyone in the Bible. Even if praying to dead people wasn't heresy, why would you even want to do it when you could pray directly to God?

>problem with Mary
Mary is the not just the mother, she is also the Whore of Babylon and the "Queen" of Heaven
>We were singing her praises hundreds of years
Case in point, religious praise belongs to the Lord alone, not the false gods who are the Lord's enemies.

>best hymns
youtube.com/watch?v=QC37VXrVNjE

Attached: TIMESAND___The+Blessed+Mother.jpg (1194x1314, 484K)

So...no explanation for that part of Revelation? Scriptural is heretical to the Protestant? I pray to God, through Jesus Christ. I also pray the rosary and it has had a tremendous impact on my spiritual life. You should try it for yourself, look up how to pray a proper rosary and give it a chance before you dismiss it as heresey. In a weird way it was Mary who led me to Jesus and it’s obvious to me that Jesus would rejoice in my love for His mother and His first love.

Where does it say in the Bible that we must worship Mary?

>it’s obvious to me that Jesus would rejoice in my love for His mother and His first love.
disgust

Attached: TRINITY___GedaliaGershon.jpg (480x480, 20K)

You are truly smooth brained if you can not fathom how Catholics glory God through the veneration of Mary and the rest of the Saints. We honor eachother for the great works we have done throughout history because we have done all by and for the glory of God.

Why? This is why;

John 14:6 New King James Version
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

>Whore of Babylon
Talmud

Okay "very poorly" was an exaggeration I shouldn't have used but you did word it rather poorly.

I get what you were saying, just the way you said it is misleading, as if you were saying Mary is not the mother of God, which she is.

It says in Exodus, and elsewhere, quite plainly, that God hates it when you worship false gods such as the so-called, alleged "blessed mother"

There's only room for one on God's throne. Everyone else trying to sit there is evil.

Attached: TIMESAND___21fdiytdob7doht45t848853150hpsdpgpohwdb58ZZfd53150hpsdpp5627.png (1200x677, 368K)

Proddies really are clueless and they willingly remain so.

Attached: saturn-configuration-5.jpg (609x459, 20K)

>It says in Exodus
That's the Old Testament, Christkiller

and you are retarded if you think deliberately violating the 1st of the 10 commandments is something pleasing to God.

“Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with you” (Luke 1:28)
“Of all women you are the most blessed, and blessed is the fruit of your womb” (Luke 1:41-42)

“Why should I be honored with a visit from the mother of my Lord?” (Luke 1:43). (the mother of our lord is quite literally the mother of God.

No one thinks Mary is God.

Refute Or go away

Ok this is based. I know I have a crusader flag but I'm protestant and want to become a Catholic.

I'm not comfortable with praying to anyone but God. Jesus told us how to pray. I'm not going so far as to say that there are no Christian Catholics like some Protestants do; but I do think Catholicism is laden with traps that ensnare many.

Mary and Saint worship is one of these. You have black churches that invite the spirits of the 'saints' to possess their bodies, and after that they act like a typical demoniac but rather than see it cast out, the "Catholics" praise it. Now I am sure that most non-retarded European Papists would realise something seriously evil was happening there; but it does stand as a great example of how those ideas can lead to confusion and worse.

Go to mass!

We are called to venerate our mother. She's your mom too you know.

More like Catholics have a mommy fetish due to child molestation trauma. Something that’s actually occurred far longer than the recent practice of circumcision in the west. I mean you don’t see orthodox acting as if Mary is the 4th part of the trinity.

Because modern women deserve no praise you feminist cuck

If you understood what the rosary entailed you’d know we do not pray to Mary. We are asking her to pray for us, actually. Which we believe she can. Every Saint become a Saint by a life dedicated to service of the Lord. Do you truly believe it dishonors God, to honor and revere those who have most suffered for and served Him?

because they stray from the right path

Attached: 1555183526060.jpg (1024x759, 53K)

>More like Catholics have a mommy fetish due to child molestation trauma.
Protestants just drink the coolaid

Attached: jonestown-massacre-02-gty-jef-180920_sl_9x13_1600.jpg (1105x1600, 317K)

I believe all Christians are the Saints. I am also not convinced that the Saints are in heaven yet, judgement day has not happened. I do not know how time affects heaven; but for you to take that one reference in Revelation and ignore the rest of the Bible strikes me as very strange.

Why pray to the dead to ask them to pray for you? Why not ask living Christians to pray directly to God for you? Why not pray directly to God as well?

As said before, I'm sure there are true Christians among the Papist ranks... But these ideas of yours are snares for many.

If Mary was God then worshiping her wouldn't be an act of wickedness

Attached: TIMESAND___21fdiytdob7doht45t84885rpohwdb58ZZfd53150hpsdpp5627.png (1230x924, 810K)

If you were actually a Christian you wouldn't be worshiping a woman

Attached: 7bcac86857d099c476b227b74cf7227488f2aa056611bcf29e7a6c742a707f82.jpg (640x800, 53K)

>I believe all Christians
You have no authority to say anything, there King James

>we are asking her to pray for us
So your sending a message in the form of a prayer to an entity with a request made on behalf of yourself, and this isn’t prayer? You “asking Mary” is itself a prayer to Mary.

this guy gets it

Attached: TIMESAND___7tcrnytijub67bi16wg1tzgs7767i7is871gd0908980000001.jpg (900x652, 96K)

We don't have a problem with her.

Evangelicals sell their women to Negros and listen to nigger church sangin'

What precisely am I ignoring in Scripture in asking Mary to pray for me? Why do you presume that I don’t ask the living to pray for me as well? What do you think we do at Church? Mary’s prayer might be a bit more effective than my neighbors though, as I do believe she is enthroned as the Queen of Heaven. Not because of Jeremiah like that other dude is spewing, but because of Revelation as well.

Why are you friend to Protestants and foe to Catholics, Christkiller?

No...it literally cannot be prayer because prayer in itself can only be made to God. Look up the Catholic definition of prayer.

Because catjolocs are idol worshippers and liberal cucks
You fucking pigs run beaner rat lines into this nation for your parasite congregants in violation of the trust of your neighbors

You fucking scum

I've heard the argument that since she is the mother of Jesus, if you pray to her she will approach him with your prayers and he will find more favor with it because it's coming from his mother.

I dont believe in praying to saints but the idea is if people that are favored in Gods eyes stick up for you then your prayers pull more weight.

youtube.com/watch?v=PdJJszJUuiY

>look up the Catholic definition of prayer

Attached: D2B2150F-15A4-4259-8A25-592399CBDC2D.gif (480x270, 2.12M)

The Bible outright says that all Christians are Saints and are the Priesthood of God. Papists somehow twisted that to mean: "only special people as proclaimed by our special person in a hat are saints".

Matthew 12:46-50
Mary is just another person. One glaring issue is she's dead. Praying to the dead is necromancy, which means necro being dead and mancy being speaking. Ask the living to pray for you, sure. Praying to the dead? Why?! And if she is in heaven already and time is irrelevant, still why pray to her when you could send your prayers directly to God, as everyone did in the Bible and as Jesus told us to do when He told us how to pray.

Even if it is ultimately spiritually harmless; it's still a trap for many others that had allowed all sorts of demonic cults to exist across South America, Africa, India and Pacific.

>The Bible
Any asshole can have an opinion. You think you got a magic book printed by a fucking English king. You worship a book and a king.

I love it when LGBT-friendly protestants try to lecture Catholics and Orthodox Christians on religious matters. There are more faggot friendly churches in the protestant countries than there are sensible ones.

Imagine thinking your take on theology is relevant when you sit next to trannies in your church.

Kek, as if the amazonians need Mary as an excuse to be pagan. The world was pagan before it was monotheistic, everywhere.

That verse is one single interaction between Jesus and Mary and it was to prove a point that there was something more important about fellowship in Christ than even ones own family. However ultimately Mary is of BOTH families to Jesus.

I don’t believe in sola scriptura but they do have a point about about following the Bible. The stone tablets could themselves just be called a “magic book.”

Praying to a woman is religious cuckery

Attached: poker face.png (1211x1100, 622K)

Nice to see top quality posts now and again!

Attached: 1543393411513.gif (320x240, 1.79M)

>idolatrous child rapists lecturing anyone on theology

Wew

Catholic Church was usurped by outsiders long ago. Of course the protestants have been infiltrated as well in the worst ways.
Christianity seems to be back to individuals finding the truth through the word itself in scripture and rejecting the world without a church.

Why do Christkillers always come in twos?

>>idolatrous child rapists lecturing anyone on theology
>Wew
Child killers lecturing anybody about hypocrisy.
Wow!

>knowing about the Old Testament and accepting it as canon makes you a Jew

Attached: A427B219-110D-41D6-89E0-CE03845F1BD6.jpg (558x614, 18K)

No, the Catholic Church is still filled with thousands of extremely devout and faithful priests and bishops who are still fighting to restore the Church. Go to a Tridentine mass and you will see true faith. Christianity is not something you do alone. To think the Church is lost already is literally a satanic trick, the Church is eternal although there is definitely masonry afoot in the higher places

>people unironically taking the bible at face value
youtube.com/watch?v=xt-qYDb7UcI
It's a fucking allegory for sun woship you mongs.

>not praying to qt saint knight
imagine being this gay/protestant

Attached: Albert_Lynch_-_Jeanne_d'Arc.jpg (770x1062, 1.07M)

Mountain Meadows

Keep your allegories to poetry you baguette faggot, every story in the Bible quite literally took place from Genesis to Apocalypse.

The Dead Sea Scrolls predate the New Testament - Christianity was created by the Jews to control the goyim.

Attached: IMG-20190913-WA0005.jpg (490x531, 45K)

Based.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rVoWh7faBvg

Watch the video, retard, and enlighten yourself. The bible is nothing more than the latest version of sun worship.
When water bearers start appearing and pretend to save the world you'll see this is true

It would be pointless. There’s no combination of words that can be spoken that could convince me all of Christianity is just an allegory for sun worship. Crack pot astronomers and astrologers and mystics always think the real truth is some vague occultic numerology is the stars. No, God is literally real and Jesus Christ walked the earth. The Bible is not only a story but a record.

Protestantism was definitely financed by Jews.
Cromwell let them back into England, from there - the New World. Now, just imagine an America without them.

Why do jews spam this bullshit every fucking weekend?

What does this have to do with mormons

Jow Forums is a Catholic board.