This is just a meme, right?

The government would never let allow companies
to sell pans that emit toxic fumes, gassing your entire home,
and poisoning your food, with the result lethargic and brain fogged all day,
would they?

Attached: 1565609215546.jpg (728x551, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymer_fume_fever
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lmao, okay. Take your meds and go to bed, schizo.

Uhh, if you buy teflon coated shit and overheat it you will get the "teflon flu" which is exactly what you described. The government in the US lets you buy a gun to kill yourself with and exposed countless soldiers to agent orange, why would they give a shit about teflon flu?

Yes! And them blue jeans are causing autism!

Don't care about the chemicals, cast iron does a superior job anyway so that's what I use. I have 2 that I bought for $8 each and they kick ass.

old news

/thread

you can buy a used cast iron at a secondhand store for under $10 or new for like $35, and it will literally last you decades. OP probably already has cancer from Teflon.

The main issue isn't that it gets into the shit you cook, its that it degrades at the dump and enters your groundwater. Heat isnt the issue, its long term acid erosion.

teflon is inert and very non-toxic. you could literally eat the coating and nothing would happen to you.
i don't trust the government to look out for us in all instances, and you can obviously buy cigarettes and that synthetic weed shit and toys softened with phthalates and all kinds of toxic and carcinogenic shit, but teflon-coated pans are fine. maybe if it's some no-name chinese brand and when you heat it it smells really bad you would have cause to be afraid. but a normal pan from kitchenaid or t-fal or some shit is giving off less fumes than your fucking carpet.

Based and castiron pilled. You can always find used cast iron pans cheap and they are easy to restore.

No, teflon material honestly begins to destabilize at an internal temperature of around 400F. On one hand, you'd have to be a bad cook to let a pan get this hot. On the other hand, it actually produces toxic fumes beyond about 500F.

Nope. Teflon is poisonous. Just use a cast iron or copper pan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymer_fume_fever

>brain fog

who let the chiropractor out?

Oh yeah? Then why do birds fucking drop dead if you use teflon pans near them?
They release fumes that destroy their sensitive lungs.

Cast iron is the shit, we have a few diff sizes and they're the only pans we'll ever need. I've found that the people who get into fancy coated cookware, are the same faggots who get into other gadgets and trendy "high end" bullshit.

Maybe they where just sensitive to your body odour

I don't have any non-stick cookware in my house.

you need to heat it a lot to emit fumes
correct me if i'm wrong

why would i use shit cast iron when carbo steel exists

what about this ceramic pan, will it kill me

They won't emit fumes unless you overheat them, but they definitely will leech shit into your food, especially with wear.

Got myself a cast iron and never looked back.

bump for cast iron

no, he's right

use stainless steel if you need high heat, use non-stick for low-medium heat, never apply pressure using metal utensils on non-stick pan and you should be good

Attached: 1552272056820.jpg (1366x768, 121K)

it would be extremely painful

Attached: 1552271600846.jpg (618x568, 135K)

You're dumb.
You'd have to overheat a teflon-coated paint to the point where it'd be ruined and unusable to reach the temperature at which toxic compound gets vaporized.
If you aren't retarded, hell, even if you are, this never happens unless you deliberatly put an empty pan on huge flame and leave it there for an hour.

I have pet birds, so i am especially careful of the toxic fumes that come off of teflon pans.
Pic related, it is scientifically backed up that Teflon is toxic. The reason why birds are affected more dramatically is because they have very complex and efficient respiratory systems. Canary in the coalmine isn't a saying for no reason. They are indicators of toxic fumes in the air.

Attached: toxic teflon.jpg (1003x631, 113K)

>love cast iron
>new dorm has no oven
>mfw

Attached: 1566693942460.jpg (482x430, 130K)

We're taking about burgers here Pawel

This has been disproven. Fumes start as low as a few hundred degrees Fahrenheit and wear causes the coating to wear off and leach into food.

I recently switched to the stainless steel frying pan. First off... it doesn't stick any more than the non-stick pans I've had. Also, I don't end up eating the the whole non-stick coating by the time it comes off after using it 40 times. Overall, non-stick is a meme because the steel frying pan is equally non-sticky.

Attached: TIMESAND___21111111r11zpzp1z001zffrd5235235353fefewf53150hpsdpp5627.png (575x641, 673K)

I have carbon steel too, it sticks a lot more, much harder to season because it's less porous.

They are ok, as long as you don't heat them up too much.
I wouldn't use one though

This. I need to use a lot more oil for shit not to stick. Eggs are the most difficult culprit to deal with.

Does it have multi-pour, organic castor oil pre-seasoning?
Otherwise don't waste my time.

Attached: 6CD6A868-7524-4607-842F-4E0B6DCE6213.jpg (1120x2016, 447K)

Pic related is all you need to know about pans.

Attached: 1568101337961.jpg (542x800, 41K)

>tfw Gucci Mane the whole entire time was talking about cast iron when he was mention seasoning.

>tfw no face

Nah, I think people are generally incompetent or evil. The food chains are contaminated with a lot of bad stuff, espacially the more processed your food is, the more stuff you are going to find. So some pans will be toxic and some will be not. Do your own research and educate yourself

Shut the fuck up shill

Based kiwibro.

Where did you get them? Only place I know which sells cast iron is briscors but it's expensive af

>wear causes the coating to wear off
This. So much this. We used to have cookware with various coatings, and were always careful with them. Regardless, a few years later the coating wears off almost completely. Wonder where it went? Buy pic-related, live happily ever after.

Attached: skillet.jpg (1500x836, 130K)

I have cast iron and all clad stainless steel.

I usually cook in the cast iron but my wife is a small Japanese girl so it's heavy for her and she prefers all clad. Honestly all clad might seem expensive but you only need two pans and not a whole set.

I got them at briscoes senpai, they were $10, I converted to usd. Just wait until they're on sale. Buy one to fit your stovetop size, not too big, I think my ones are 8 inch. Go into Farmers or something and look at le crueset, that will show you expensive af.

>Wear causes the wear

No shit genius

Yeah but in 850 years you'll end up needing to buy a new cast iron pan, that's where they make their money.

I think i will go to my local briscoes and look for one. Ive been meaning to try cast iron.

Stainless is OK, but cast iron is where it is really at if you want nice even heating.

>eating your high-tech coating is normal
That's not wear brainlet, that's stupidity.

also consider getting both a full-sized and a smaller one. Comes in handy, and since they're identical except for size, the aesthetic is good.
>main course in large, sauce/gravy in small
>pancakes in large, scrambled eggs in small
>Steak in large, veggie side in small
etc.

To all the retarded mutts believing everything they read here. Teflon melts at 330Centigrade, which is way above what most stove can get to, keeping food in the pan also diverts the head to the food, and not the coating, the whole point of a cooking pan. Teflon is inert, it won't Interact with anything unless a considerable amount of energy is introduced. This also means it is not metabolized in your body and just passes through. The only way it could ever be a hazard is if you have a strong Stone and leave it empty on max for 15mins or more, only then would the smoke be toxic to inhale.
>t. son of an obnoxious chemist

>and it will literally last you decades
It will literally outlive you by centuries.

Wait for a sale. Be aware you will probably totally fucking fuck your first cast iron pan and it takes a few months to learn how to work them well, never wash with dishwash liquid is the most important thing.

Why would I use a pan my food sticks to, will scratch, and fill home and food with toxins? When I can use pans my grandmother bought used when she was young

all clad is better for even heating than cast iron actually

>Stainless steel, PTFE.
WTF is wrong with you?
Learn to cook.

If you have to season them does that mean you have to season after every wash?

Not really, you can tell if it's still seasoned because after rinsing them the water beads right off.

My current pan I got from briscoes, $29 in 2007, this year I stripped it back to raw iron and re-seasoned it for the first time (checking for cracks etc)
It is still as good as it was the day I brought it, absolutely flawless.

Ask me how I can tell you're a NEET who doesn't do much cooking. Don't give a fuck about your amateur chemistry flex, I've had numerous non-stick pieces of shit pans, and the coatings start coming off with normal use almost immediately. I don't want to eat that shit. Extra points for cast iron since it's all one piece, and doesn't have stupid handles and fasteners and crevices that are hard to clean and also wear quickly.

>Don't use dishsoap but use steel mesh
Dishsoap is a meme. I wash my cast iron probably a couple times a week for years now. The seasoning is fine and it's basically non-stick at this point. Steaks sear beautifully and eggs slide out no problem.

Yeah if you get polymer fume fever it's properly best for you to never come near a kitchen other than heating your tendies in a microwave.

Not at all. Once you've cooked enough greasy meals (bacon is ideal) in one, it should stay seasoned for life.
>never wash with dishwash liquid is the most important thing
I also break this rule occasionally. A couple drops once in awhile isn't going to hurt much, just make sure to rinse it thoroughly. Also try the brushes lodge makes, they're better than plastic bristles.

Attached: brush.jpg (425x425, 11K)

If you're using coconut oil, bacon fat, or lard (any oil that solidifies at room temp) and cooking non-reactive food, you can just let the oil cool, which protects the pan and preseasons it when you heat it up the next time you cook.

I use the chain mesh too. Since the links are rounded, I thought it would be fine for the dough mixing pot (kitchenaid style) and ended up making swirl lines all over the inside. Oops. Got all the dried up dough off fast though

It's not the overheating that is a problem, it's the wear. Where do you think that coating that wears off over the years goes? Straight into your food, that's where.
>it's not dangerous
Neither was Asbestos until suddenly they discovered it was (and they still used it and told people it was safe).
>Be aware you will probably totally fucking fuck your first cast iron pan
How? You shouldn't be near a stove if you're too stupid to take care of cast iron.
>don't use dish soap
>be careful with acidic foods
>don't scrape off the seasoning
>season your pan when it needs to
>fucking dry the fucking cast iron retard of course it will rust
>worst case scenario just grind off the rust
What's so hard about it? It's arguably easier to take care of than non.stick coatings since troglodytes scratch and scrape those with their trog strength/tools.

cast iron is the most forgiving too as in you can just season it again if you fuck up

This pan (pictured sitting on top of a Kmart induction benchtop cooktop) is 12 years old, it has only been seasoned twice, once when new and again 6 months ago when I figured it was time to check it for cracks. It has not been washed within that 6 month period, and when it had been washed prior it was with hot water only and dried immediately, before being coated in oil/fat and heated.

This pan sees a lot of work, typically being used 5~10 times a week.

To season a pan one must coat it in an oil/fat of choice (contentious issue amongst cast iron enthusiasts) and heated in oven for a period of time at a high temperature (again exact details a contentious topic)

Attached: 20190914_223948.jpg (4128x2322, 2.61M)

I've been wondering about buying an expensive French one with screwed enamel and stripping it down to the iron. Was it hard to do?

Most normie cooks don't know those 6 things brah

I was objecting to the logic of wear causing wear. Pay attention.

only kikes say this, kys

Do not go down that route, the enamel coating is glass. It is difficult to remove and hazardous. As a cooking surface enamel is shit. Buy a proper cast iron pan, not overpriced wank.

kek

Attached: 7612322-6511451-image-a-20_1545218078783.jpg (221x280, 14K)

I have 2 all-clad pans, love them

Kek, was just about to post this

An iron pan is better just because it has no shelf life.
You can't ruin it as long as it's not worn through.
Fuck those shitty plastic pans.
I am using my grandfathers pan that used to belong to his mother, it was bought in the 1910's and there is not a thing wrong with it.

Some chemical coating coming off in my food after 15-20 uses isn't "wear" brainlet, it's pure technophile stupidity. Try to get off your Dutchie high horse for a few seconds and grasp the difference.

Good to know bro. Yeah I hate enamel, I see cheap fucked enamel ones and it got me thinking. I already have some cheap but fantastic cast pans

I have a flaking enamel dutch oven given to me by the neighbour, I use it in the shed for melting lead and pot metal, it is useless for anything else (and even before the enamel started flaking off IMO)

>To season a pan one must
Not disagreeing with you, but the ones we buy come pre-seasoned, and if you use them often you should never have to season again. I also wash mine pretty much after every use with no negative consequences. It's just that perma-seasoned, and I couldn't stand leaving grease or food particles in it for the next meal.
>dried immediately
This is important though.

The government in the US lets you buy a gun to kill yourself with and exposed countless soldiers to agent orange, why would they give a shit about the teflon flue?

One of these things is not like the others

everything sticks to steel, unless you're speedy iron cheppu

Ok.

Iron skillets are based as fuck, oh and they double as weapon too.

Attached: Cast-Iron-Skillet-Over-a-Campfire.jpg (940x705, 107K)

OK, why are you melting that shit then?

Didn't realise so many poltards were wise to the ironpill. Posting in epic bread

just a warning to anons ITT. prolonged exposure to food cooked in cast iron can lead to severe metal poisoning. it's best to use a wooden skillet where possible and use an iron one sparingly.

The only way to fuck it up is running cold water on a pan that just came out of the oven or something.

>not cooking over a bonfire
Plebs

>gassing your entire home
it was the only way i could get the jews out of my woodwork

Attached: 1555873760227.jpg (500x600, 63K)

Sensible chuckle before bed, thanks user.

Attached: 2018-12-07_18-40-28.png (1700x696, 191K)

Going to bed at like 4am?

7am, dumb desert limey.

sav'd

5am! Few hours rest, can still make it to Chik-fil-a for lunch with the wife.

Too late bro, that plus Jow Forums will give you depression. Good night.

Look after yourself bro