Frys to liquidate this year

Another victim of the China tariff
mercurynews.com/2019/09/10/frys-tries-to-quell-rumors-of-its-demise-as-customers-worry-about-empty-shelves/

Attached: 1565890540216.jpg (500x500, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=105&v=t8bEcgJRShw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nooooo

Frys wouldn't fix the computer I bought from them after I bought their expensive extended warranty. After I complained the manager said they would have the manufacturer fix it and they would hold on to my computer for two months. They rip people off. Fuck em.

Fry’s is a victim of its shitty management. Micro center is vastly superior

>radio shack
>circuit city

GUIZE ITS CHINA
>muh orange man bad threads

Extended warranties are worthless

Compusa too

Fuck.

They must of only had $1,370 in their account to have gone out of business so fast from China tarriffs.

I drove an hour and a half to frys in the Woodlands just to pick up a 1080ti a few years ago paid $100 over list prices to be sure it was new and not used for mining. How are they not making money everytime I enter their store I spend like $800 at the least.

Micro center is cool but they don't have the tool selection that frys has last time I went and that's one of my favorite parts.
At least if frys goes tits up I can shift to micro center.

Yeah 100% they are just a scam to help keep prices down and compete with the internet. That's why the employee pushes it every sale they are told to.

Good. That place is such a scam.

You are confused. Tariff has nothing to do with this ussue, the issue is amazon and do not try to say you are not part of that problem.

There's like a restaurant inside. It's dope

i don't buy from amazon

Literally everything I bought this year is already broken. That's the how they keep making money while polluting the environment. Back in the day you would buy something and it would last forever.

Fuck those Chinese assholes! Bring back American made that lasts forever.

Attached: 1568348402054.jpg (634x791, 159K)

Shitty management, like every other store that went under. Used to be a destination that you could spend half the day in. Now you go in just to get the fuck out. Nagging employees all trying to fuck each other over for that commission, dirty aisles noone seems to be bothered to do anything about, open boxes everywhere, and the worst customer service centered around an 'I don't give a fuck' attitude, especially if the whole reason you drove across a major city to one of their 2 only stores is to cash in a warranty.

If these fucks are going under because of international trade agreements then they were hanging by a thread anyway. Reminds me of how shitty circuit city was before they burned.

Fuck Fry's this is what they get for never opening a store near any place I've ever lived. I miss Comp-USA....

>American made that lasts forever
you can keep your FORD

Never even heard of this shit chain. Blame Amazon, not any tariff. The tariffs have not created any shortage of equipment or goods, it has simply increase the price of them.

Amazon has no trouble getting or selling the stuff.

>you can keep your FORD
sorry to burst your bubble but fords aren't american made anymore.

Back when I was 20 yo they refused to sell me compressed air to dust my keyboard because I wasn't 21. WHAT in the FUCK.

i miss when your mom would gargle my balls ;_;

Fry's isn't a manufacturer you fucking boomer shit stain, now get the fuck off my board retard before I fuckin' break a bottle over your head and try to fix that IQ of yours, cocksucka.

Attached: image.jpg (400x400, 97K)

>rely on slave labor after deporting all manufacturing to china
>cry that you can't profit from slave labor
Go bankrupt, I don't give a fuck.

>they're innocent because they never gave manufacturing jobs to americans
>still relying on slave labor which the west cannot compete with
Idiots like you don't even know most whites opposed slavery because it threatened white labor and craftsmanship in America.

No shit they're toast.
I went to the Fry's in Renton, WA last weekend to check out stereo receivers and there were zero available in the entire store. They had nothing in stock. 10000 square feet of empty store. The only shit they had in stock were office chairs. I couldn't believe it. Their suppliers look to have completely cut them off and without inventory they can't even generate sufficient cashflows to keep the lights on. Oh, yeah, there were only, perhaps, a half dozen employees in the entire store. I left and went to Magnolia Hifi within Best Buy.
RIP Fry's
>I'm a retail exec and know what a dying chain looks like right before liquidation. They're heading straight to chapter 7. Even Sears looked better than this a year ago...

Attached: 94WVsX2.jpg (700x394, 23K)

Didn't micro center close a store recently in LA area? If they did, sounds like they are in the same situation as Fry's, retail market is difficult in the era of online shopping.

Lot's of other people do. I go to Microcenter if I need something that day, Amazon if I don't. And I drive by one every day.

Attached: beepboop.jpg (474x456, 24K)

Fry's has looked shitty and empty well before the tariffs. They just have something to blame it on besides failing now.

As a private company, they can say any kind of bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=105&v=t8bEcgJRShw

Attached: CharlesChip.jpg (240x180, 14K)

who gives a shit about frys electronics, they're overpriced retards. Now if you said frys foods i would be scared.

Early 2000s Frys was the shit. I had soo many memories inside of Frys. The quality of the newer Frys has dropped cause Pajeets have taken over the store.

Toyotas and Hondas are more American made than Ford or GM.

Was your Frys taken over by Pajeets? The nearest one for me is in Fremont, CA and I would say about 10-12 years ago, it was taken over by the Pajeets.

>he nearest one for me is in Fremont, CA and I would say about 10-12 years ago, it was taken over by the Pajeets.

Lots of Pajeets but also lots of east Asians and more than a few Moslems as well.

I can't remember the last time that I saw a Fry's employee at the Fremont store who wasn't an obvious immigrant.

>wanting some $8.00 per hour smooth brains to "fix" your computer for you when something breaks
I'd say you got what you deserve.

I remember going with my dad to buy a desktop in the early 2000s at the Fremont store. The place always peaked my interest and I always liked going in there. Now there are very few white employees and the guys around the desktop section nowadays are Afghans.

>This meme again

>frys
Is that a fried chicken store?

My local Fry's was roughly 90% southeast Asian.

No electronics store. Some of them had some pretty cool aesthetics.

Attached: 7B71F4FC-2970-40C8-A7CF-CC4E52161BFA.jpg (500x500, 68K)

Fry’s is terrible and have been for 15 years. It was cool when I was in middle school because I could build gaming computers affordably. However, it was just a giant place filled with shit. With the rise of amazon I don’t even know how they made it this long.

Amazon is not a tariff, user.

The voice of reason has arrived. Thank you user.

>Circuit City: Hi there, welcome to the club

>peaked
ffs, user

the club where service is state of the ar...oh, right

This because of Amazon stupid
Do you just jack off all day fantasizing about trump or what you fucking kike

>not related to french fries
What a misleading name for a company

Oh dang

Attached: 1520513549367.jpg (658x545, 73K)

>In response to inquiries by this news organization, a spokesman for the San Jose-based retailer said Tuesday that the company is “converting most of its suppliers to consignment,” and that its shelves will be restocked over the next few weeks.

so they'll do what Home Depot did for all of its tools.

>I go to Microcenter if I need something that day, Amazon if I don't.
why not newegg?

>buying warranties for computers
>not fixing them yourself
>not building them yourself

KYS smoothskin

>be me
>go-to microcenter knowing what I want to buy in advance on sale
>go straight to the product
>10 employees all Asian all Chinese standing there doing nothing
>they see me pull out an expensive video card
>5 rush towards me but 1 gets in front of them and tells "do you need help"?
>say no
>he says "can I check it" not knowing what the fuck get intends to "check"
>grabs it from me and slaps his commission sticker and says have a nice day
>go home and video card dies after 5 days

Fuck microcenter

Not everyone is a nerd like you

newegg used to be good until the CA tax bullshit kicked in

I was in Fry's yesterday. They look like they have already liquidated. Empty shelves as far as you could see. Isles are almost 20 feet wide.

They are done.

It's probably more likely because of amazin, amazon is the new walmart and most businesses can't compete.

MicroCenter is just another frys only four years ago. The microcenter in Tustin is filled with morons and computer nerds too cool to help you.

Amazon is putting them all under and doing it easily.

No special reason apart from I don't want to expend the effort of creating an account.

Attached: fd3e9df24043369f62584a576788bab5.png (746x900, 299K)

>tfw live on beast coast and never see Midwest shit like "Fry's"

Feels good man

Do you remember when they were planning on building the new Raiders stadium eight next to the Frys in Fremont? Imagine the smell lol.

My favorite Frys growing up was the one in San Jose that was Egyptian themed, the store was shaped like a fuckin pyramid. Palo Alto was alright too with the Wild West theme. But yeah truth be told Frys was empty last time I went, can't imagine many people go there to do anything besides price check and finger fuck things they want to buy online.

Who gives a fuckk?! The American consumer has been fucked by the CCP's predatory policies for years.

I hope Fry's goes down in flames so Trump can pass on it's ashes

Attached: 10463154-3x2-940x627.jpg (940x627, 50K)

There are a few good products to buy extended warranties on. On headphones, routers and small appliances they're basically upgrade insurance since these retailers don't even attempt to repair these products. You can go in with your old device, just say it's broken and ask for store credit for your new one. They don't test it. They might ask, and you can just say it "cuts out sometimes" or "doesn't work like it used to".

I get new headphones every year this way, and you get the prorated amount of the warranty back if you want to do the same thing next year.

Like Anaheim? Or did you Mean Fountain Valley? Or wait, the one in San Diego?

I was in Anaheim off the 91 yesterday.

East coast faggot

it's time for the us government to step in and stop the amazon menace

dude that store has been ripping plebs off since it first opened.

Frys is going out of business because they have spent the last couple decades:

>hiring only non whites
>commission for floor employees
>1980s POS system
>noncompetitive prices, still won't match Newegg or Amazon prices.

magatards are so fucking annoying nowadays, go suck trump's dick

Any company that fails because of the China tariffs were betraying this country to start with.

Went to fry's once to see what they have. All shit quality.
Went to Microcenter to see what they have. They had everything important.

Frys did have chips and capacitors and resistors but their components were shit quality. The kind that fail in five years. Who is gonna replace a leaky capacitor with a shit quality one? Only stupid people. I work in electronic repair: and the biggest problem with LCD tv is leaky capacitors. I'm not going through the trouble of replacing some caps with caps that will DOA in few years.

Might take a drive there to see what they are selling, but I wonder what will people do with those "extended warranties"?

extended warranties are worth it for some home depot stuff

The last 2 times I was in a Frys:

2006, Frys in Phoenix AZ, no open parking spaces. Packed to the rafters with customers, long ass line to pay. Security guards at the exit because shitskins.

2019, Frys in San Jose. Maybe 10 customers in a 250k square foot store. Only saw 2 employees

Extended warranties are great for certain things. Just awful for computers and phones.

Fry's in my area matches Amazon prices and does same day delivery for online orders.

I wish there were more Microcenters on the east coast.
Fry's was great about 15 years ago,but this decline has been long coming.

Honestly they have a great selection and all but they've been scummy on the customer service side of things for the last decade at least.

I used to look at Radio Shack and say that there is literally no reason for this place to exist anymore and I see that for Sears and Frys now

That Frys was not nearly so crowded in recent years. I forgot they used to have security guards! And to be honest I forgot how crowded it used to be in the old days till you posted this. It's been a good year since I've been there though.. I moved away from Phoenix.

retail stores are an inefficient business model and an unnecessary overhead for consumers

A train crashed through my local Fry's years ago and they still haven't bothered to fix it

Attached: rsvl_pic1.jpg (500x500, 52K)

The best electronics came out of japan in the 80's. Best Japanese cars were early 90's Hondas and Toyotas.

Attached: Jared Leto - I'm Not Joking.jpg (284x177, 9K)

Retail stores should all close and just act as warehouses. Move your brand online. Thats it. Amazon is the big fish so directly compete with them and use the advantage you already have (real estate) or die trying to chase the past.

>chips and capacitors and resistors but their components were shit quality. The kind that fail in five years.
You are delusional. Shit quality components have been the norm across the industry since the 1980s. There are no good components anymore. You are simply rolling the dice any time you buy a cap or resistor hoping it isn't shit.

Man, instead of 2 day delivery or next day delivery, what if there was a place you could just go to any time and buy what you needed?

>>go home and video card dies after 5 days
>
>Fuck microcenter
That's where you can go back and return it the same day, one more reason to use them over Amazon. Unless you think amazon cards never die.

It's for the best. Anytime you bring in your hard drive with your computer we clone anything that's embarrassing and laugh at you behind your back forever. Every electronics shop does this.

Yeah but what caused that? There's a 100 reasons Fry's sucks ass now. You're only speaking of problem #71.

Frys is like a portal into the past, a really good store for electronic hobbiests

Kek

This is why I use burner laptops

> Victim of this year's tariffs

> Fry's hasn't been on a downhill slide for years

Fry's was going bust regardless. Tariff just did us the favor of culling all but the worthy companies with sound ethic.

>buying a pre-built
>buying a pre-built from fry’s
>buying a pre-built from fry’s with an extended warranty
>buying a pre-built from fry’s with an extended warranty and taking it to fry’s to be fixed
You deserve it for being a retard

I wonder what if anything will take over those huge buildings. Will be exciting. They where so cool when they first opened

That sounds great but the diabeetus makes it difficult for me to leave the house without my Popsicle stash. Plus with my social media induced agoraphobia I can't be within 10 feet of a girl or chad without sweating profusely. Last time my mobility powerchair worked Pajeet leaked poo on me in line at Fry's. This is why brick-and-mortar is dying. People don't leave the house anymore, society isn't as social. It's part of the plan to break everyone up into their own little pods so there is no more social cohesion. Multiculturalism only accelerates that. While diversity is certainly not a strength, with a strong sense of social cohesion it is minimized as despite differences people still have a sense they are in the same "boat" together.

Attached: 2caf9f4e8be92f57f6e6f5015a2b1dbce3e59091be29fb5f3c942fa51fdb5c3e.jpg (791x800, 115K)

The Fry's in my location lets people pick out components for a custom built PC. Those look okay but I'd never do that because it's a premium. I've watched the people build the PCs though, they do a decent job. Probably because they aren't commission and it's a chill job at 13-15/hr lel