I'm 26

I'm 26.

No, I'm not a supporter of any politician obviously lying that they will "forgive" student loans.
No, I'm not a NEET.
So how am I (and millions of others in even worse debt than me at even younger ages) supposed to realistically deal with this.

>YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!
I've been told all my life that I needed to go to college by all my teachers, all my relatives, and by the media. You can stop teenagers from making this mistake, but the damage has already been done to the rest of us.

Again, I ask, what am I supposed to do besides living in a car or my parents house until I'm 40?
>get a better job!
I do have one, but even if I paid 100% of my salary to pay off my loans it would still take 3 years to become free. That's not counting a mortage if I owned my own house...

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-14_115357.jpg (622x620, 67K)

You and everyone else in this position, and I know it there are so many of you, are fucked. Welcome to indentured servitute, thanks for signing up.

My uncle finished paying his student loans when he turned 51. It's too late to do anything about it now besides make regular payments on time. If you don't miss payments it won't affect your credit too much.

It's pretty criminal to allow someone to take a $100,000 loan for "learning".

reminder that most of the student debt is owed by women
we should forgive women their student debts
[spoiler]this is your hint that men aren't going to college and a college degree is now a fetish more than anything else

Go into the military and use your G.I. Bill. Wait, you are a fag.

no what happens is the loans have something called interest.

>I'm 26.
Who cares faggot? We don't need a thread for every narcissistic loser on here.

Fake your death maybe.

You feel into the trap. You'd have been better off experimenting with drugs in your early 20's getting a manufacturing job and working your way up to plant manager.

Student loans don't accrue interest while you're in school you retard. So $100,000 is living expenses, school supplies and tuition. The cheapest schools are ~$5000 a semester.

Either your student loans can be paid for with your superior job or you shouldn't have gone to college. Being retarded after a full decade on the planet is your fault and no one elses.

Move to another country. Go live in Croatia and just work there. Now you have no more debt

We don't prove anything by making them accept their indentured servitude based on giant loans. School shouldn't be as dramatic as a small house purchase, especially considering it barely even helps most people. Killing that debt only stands to serve our economy by allowing many to once again spend without fear.

Why should everyone else have to suffer because you sold yourself into slavery? Fuck off. It is every responsible citizen's taxes that go way up to forgive YOUR debts. I can accept the idea that we freeze interest and loans are no longer given out to people who can't pay, but you have to pay what you already owe.

That's not true, retard

work harder.... get a better job.... work 2 if you need to.... all you do is complain.... and thats all youll get!

>smoke crack because your friends tell you
>become a junkie loser
>BUT MY FRIENDS SAID CRACK WAS GOOD
Impressionable faggot. I hope you die in debt up to your eyes and uncle Sam fucks your family until they.pay.

>be me
>be 26
>withdrew from college in 2012
>no degree
>have house, paid off truck and motorcycle, lots of guns
>slightly more debt than OP

Bruh. At least tell me you got a degree in something not retarded

you only need college if you're a doctor or a lawyer, otherwise you pissed a bunch of money away for nothing.

Lol fucking idiot. I went to community college first and got 2 academic scholarships. Got my four year degree and only 13k debt.

coordinated mass default

Retarded bong... I AM PAYING MY LOANS. The problem is that I will be paying them for the majority of my life due to the interest rates.

First don’t vote for any politician that wants to give everyone “free” college. You think paying for yours is expensive, just wait until you have to pay for everyone that comes after you.

I don’t care either way, I have been saving my nest egg for years. If you have to spend the next forty years paying taxes to fund someone else’s college education you will never be able to retire.

Now what should you do? Get the interest rate as low as you can, know the rules so you never miss a payment and build it into your budget. But also invest. Wait on the mortgage, live is some cheap apartment, maybe drive a bit farther.

Remember those who came before you had roommates, apartments with no washer/dryer, pools, AC or fitness centers. There are lots of amenities that have become common place but have driven up the cost of housing.

everyone who told you to go to college to get a good job lied to you

should have gotten a trade and not fallen for the university jew, you are now a slave, sorry

How the fuck do you rack up that much debt without having a graduate degree? Lmao just go to community college and work part time you fucking mad lad

>It would take three years at 100% salary.
>~$33k/year.
You're the latter if it wasn't obvious.

Not too many places allow professional jobs without a college degree. In fact, a lot of places are now requiring a masters to become a manager. Just my two cents. May be worth it to hold off and see if your company contributes to an education and use that. But this circle jerk of not getting an education is silly. You can climb up a small company maybe, but not a large private or public company without an education.

Attached: A2F59F66-8953-4F0D-98AF-3B26D41410FD.jpg (233x216, 7K)

How the problem will actually get fixed:
Let all the idiots like yourself suffer under the weight of your bad decisions. You will then be a cautionary tale for the following generations as what not to do and that'll be that.
Thanks for being an easily led tard. Your sacrifice will not go unappreciated!
PS. Your next payment is due Thursday. Better get those shekels in, moron!

>I've been told all my life
maybe your retarded parents can help you out. unlikely though, seeing as they're retarded

unsubsidized student loans do accumulate interest while in school and are likely the bulk of OP's loans

What did you go to school for? Pretty important detail

alternatively you could work in a coal mine and get $60k + benefits straight out of highschool.

Indentured servitude would only last iirc seven years. They have far more of this dudes life.

Attached: 1f7ceiyc3hg31.jpg (506x960, 29K)

Attached: Student Loans.jpg (892x767, 79K)

I’m 35, was a double major in economics and finance, masters in finance, and a few certs and licenses. Have no student loan debt and make over $120k/year. That being said, I really want to leave the corporate environment, go back to school, get a PhD, and stay in academia. Corporate life is stifling, stale, and boring. My friends and family act like I have lost my mind wanting to leave a good job, go back to school, study meme shit, and hopefully get a professorship. Academia was just so comfy and awesome, and it bothers me not having a PhD. What do?

>it would still take 3 years to become free.

Ok, so pay your debt off for the next three years.
Or or, pay a large summary of it off.

It's really not as hard as you're making it out to be.

I work and it took me two years to pay off a car loan. I live in a low income area and proportionally it was a large amount of money.

If I can live off bare minimum and pay my debts, why can't you?
You have low willpower.

Also
/thread

If you're paying more than 20k dollars and not landing a job that will pay off that debt within a few small years. You were scammed and this is natural selection at work.

Fuck off, Jew

this ethos underlying this sentiment is why society is falling apart

lol falling for the college meme. Serves you right you retarded faggot.

thanks for your excellent contribution to the thread, retard

You failed the first test of adulthood and fell for the college meme. Debt is poison, debt is your chains.

Ursury is a sin shared by both the debtee and the debtor.

If you live in West Virginia, sure. Unstable jobs always pay a lot. My neighbor works in oil and works half the year. Makes a ton while he’s working, but then you have the cold season downtime. Never the same company either. I’m sure coal is pretty similar, plus you must live in and area with coal. Coal country is pretty, but it is realllll hillbilly, and all you’re doing is building skills in an industry that keeps you in coal country.

Attached: 21EB1B9B-2B8D-4D6E-BF74-E59650B64626.jpg (500x500, 55K)

Edfag here. Use one of the government loan forgiveness programs. Gi bill or inner city education.

Hell no. You teach people how overpriced this shit is BEFORE they jump in, and control spending on garbage programs. Not bail the highly idiots out afterwards.

What should be criminal is that they don’t put up front what your projected loans over time vs expected entry level salary day one, and the “well rounded” college grads are NEVER required to understand the 4000 year sucker trap of compound interest.

I've been saying this for ages:
Split the debt between:
1. The college
2. The bank
3. The student

They can't. I've been paying for half my parents' bills for the past year due to my dad's business being bought-out by Johnson and Johnson, thus cutting his pay in favor of retirement benefits. I live here, and they are my parents, so I feel like I can't say 'no' when my dad asks for money so the water/cable/electricity does get shut off.

You think I meant 3 years to EXACTLY pay it? I make $54K a year, and with interest it would take 3 years paying all of that salary to kill the loans off. Maybe you should care more about your government laughing in your face as they ignore your votes, you celtnigger.

I like how your cartoon ignores the reality of this thing called INTEREST

Also for actual reference.
12 dollars an hour before school.
Go to wood working school to become a Luthier.
Now making 18 dollars an hour.
6x40x4x12=11520x2=23k
It takes two years to pay off any school loans for a similar program.
This doesn't include that fact during those two years you will get raises. So after your debt is paid you will have a shit ton of money you originally didn't have.

Just get better at money management.

>I've been told all my life that I needed to go to college by all my teachers, all my relatives, and by the media. You can stop teenagers from making this mistake, but the damage has already been done to the rest of us.

I was too and I still had enough sense to say that I'm not going to owe a hundred thousand fucking dollars to learn shit I can learn on the internet. A HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS. Unless it's law or medicine you are a complete idiot and should accept your debt and warn others.

Academia is awesome. I don’t get why so much hate.

>100k turns into 150k in 3 years.
Top lol. Did you take your loans out from a shark?

You know what, OP? We got fucked over. Plain and simple.

But tough shit. Why do YOU deserve loan forgiveness and not the poor Americans who couldn't go to college because the costs were too restrictive? How do you reconcile the people who put off buying a home, cars, other debts to service their loans?

My entry level salary from my degree is ~45k. Not bad, not great. I'd have great trouble paying my debt, fixing my broken car, paying rent, and food. After all that I'd make only yearly dents in my debt with nothing to spend personally.

You know what I'm doing instead? I'm taking a job outside my field of study that requires me to live on the road and working 60+ hours a week on a one year contract. It pays $125k a year. It's not really what I want to do, but it's what I have to do. That money is getting saved and going straight towards servicing my debts.

>Again, I ask, what am I supposed to do besides living in a car or my parents house until I'm 40?
You do what you have to do you fucking pussy. Go work in the tar sands in Canada or something. You're young. Break your back for a year and come back to live your life. Don't put your chips in loan forgiveness because it's probably not going to happen. We'd need a dem senate, house, and president.

Attached: 1564892892703.jpg (1200x903, 64K)

I've always wondered why millennials go and shoot schools and not banks.

flee the country

Ok shecklestein

I went to school in my mid twenties for electrical engintarding. Totally enjoyed the academic environment more than corporate. I’d go study maymay shit for a living if I could. It’s fun.

Attached: D0066346-4B42-4430-B0F0-97D71712C177.jpg (1242x1075, 276K)

>boomer bullshit
Literally, if I saw you burning to death, I would jerk off and shoot my wad in your eye so it's the last thing you see

>Seething libtards
>JUST GIVE US FREE SHIT BECAUSE WE'RE SO FUCKING SPECIAL!
>NOBODY TOLD US LOANS HAVE INTEREST!!!! HOW WERE WE TO KNOW?

It's the government's fault. Get the government out of the student loans business.

Fuck travel jobs. Run! It’s not worth the money. I did that for three years and gained forty pounds, stopped working out regularly, lived out of a suitcase, had no life, etc. it is no way to live

I legitimately believe all student loan debt should be cancelled and all banks should eat the cost. If they can't, just fucking go out of business. Any federal student loans default back to the public universities, who likewise eat the cost or go out of business. Also no further student loan debts are allowed. Universities must reduce costs to be affordable to the common man (yes man, ban all women from universities too, but that's another matter).

Then OP deserves what he has to pay :) Taking an unsubsidized loan for education is retarded. And having gone through the loan process, it's very VERY clear what you will owe.

>Again, I ask, what am I supposed to do besides living in a car or my parents house until I'm 40?
Get a job that pays more than 50k/year, and make your minimum monthly payments for the rest of your life. They may be forgiven the next time a Dem gets elected, but then again, the Dems managed to shit the bed when they had the opportunity for universal healthcare, so maybe not.

>if I paid 100% of my salary to pay off my loans it would still take 3 years
Sounds like you already have a strategy. Live frugally like you should have lived while in college (the way everyone over 40 lived when they were in college) and you will be able to knock those loans out in a few short years. Google Dave Ramsey.

Attached: 1567410113722.gif (320x180, 3.28M)

Libtard detected

>Listening to boomers
>Not making your own decisions
Live and learn, that's what you get.
Good luck, you're gonna need it

He racked up the debt on his own accord.

I like how your opinion ignores the reality of a thing call "PEOPLE NOT PAYING BACK THE MONEY YOU GAVE THEM". I'm all for interest free loans if the result of not paying them is being sent to a labor camp where you work your loan off at $10/hr.

>You shouldn't get relief because other people suffered

Look guys, I know you want this cure for cancer, but how is that fair to all the people who suffered with cancer for years and spent millions of dollars on expensive treatment? You should suffer like people in the past had to.

>I legitimately believe all student loan debt should be cancelled
how much do you make a year?

Come on. Last time they mentioned free education and shit they made it pretty clear it wouldn’t be retroactive. Quit being a retard like every democrat on earth.

You should include tax on your wages if that's the reason you're retarded. If you earn a million and get taxed half you're only on 500k.
>Working for 33k in fucking dollars of all the shit tier currencies.

I got my degree in economics and finance too. As you know the economics professors who have their doctorate is like a revolving door with the private sector. They teach for a while then go back to Gilman Sachs then teach for a while. You should do it user I’ve felt like doing something similar but I have two kids at this point and I don’t know if my family would be willing to take a pay cut so dad can go hypothesize on better monetary policy. Although that sounds amazing.

>The cure for cancer should be free. Because my life is so valuable that I won't pay one fucking cent to save it.

>All for me and mine but not you
So you're gonna make all of us who didn't make the same mistake as you, have to pay for yours?
Suck a dick

Is it not good advice? I agree "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" is fucking annoying, but there are simply a lot of moral implications to loan forgiveness. It wasn't fair to impose that debt on students, but the solutions of forgiveness aren't fair either.

And given that it's highly likely the conditions for loan forgiveness won't come into existence, you do what you have to do. The alternative is to rot in a dystopic debt slavery.

Make an actual point or shoot your load into your own eyes, faggot.

I like the fact that you're doing anything you can to not take responsibility. You fell for a scam and you dont want to suffer repercussions for your mistake.
Kys you lazy faggot.

Unlike cancer, these people knowingly signed the piece of paper explaining in detail they were getting a loan that they have to pay back.

>live in a car
>or live with parents until 40
Live with parents until 40.
I'll be 40 in a few years, but when I move out I'll have enough to buy a house (with cash) in Tennessee.

You fucked up user

Thats a lot of money. It doesn't matter who pays it off, it's still a lot of money, whoever pays it off is fucked.

The answer of what to do? Live extremely frugal for a few years. Eat nothing but beans and rice. After you pay for your bills every dime goes to paying off your student loans. Give up your hobbies if they cost you more than 20$ a month, take up something cheap like book reading (the library is free).

People get up in arms about it, but forgiving outstanding Federal debt and coming up with a different answer for how college is funded would be a hell of a stimulus. People get mad that it would mostly benefit the middle class rather than the poor, but people in the middle class are better with money than the poor are (otherwise they wouldn't be poor, lel), and the economy would feel a boom.

You pay it off as quickly as you can.

What is the point of this thread?

>i like owen benjamin
kike detected

>even if I paid 100% of my salary to pay off my loans it would still take 3 years

So throwing 50% of your income a month for 6 years is impossible?

>hurrr that's like the rest of my life

Ask me how I know you're under 25...

Why are you dumb niggers arguing about loan forgiveness when I literally said
>No, I'm not a supporter of any politician obviously lying that they will "forgive" student loans.
It's a scam just like "free healthcare."

I may have been """stupid""" to listen to people older than me about life/career, but I'm much older now despite being young. I can't be tricked anymore, and I'm not listening to retarded Jow Forumsacks who can't even read an OP before replying.

Attached: 1568375085809.jpg (400x600, 335K)

You deserve worse for being so fucking dumb.

This. These fucking retards signed on for this let them suffer.

Knowingly, you fucking faggot thousands of 18 year olds across the country were coddled cajoled and forced into loans for school by boomer parents and predatory university bursars, go fellate a gun

why don't you save money before you go to uni?

like 2 years savings of a normal job

you finish school at 16 and I saved for uni when I was at community college

you wouldn't have needed a full loan

Attached: 8b6.jpg (680x554, 31K)

you're the seething retard who can't provide a legitimate logical argument instead just spewing ad hominem

What did you expect?

What bothers me about the student loan forgiveness is that I went to a state school despite getting accepted into an Ivy because my parents could not afford it. Lack of resources changed my whole trajectory in life.

That's how student loans work. It's a scam and has been known for decades but OP is too dumb to realize it.

Because we've already given you advice on how to deal with your debt.
1) Get a better job
2) Keep making minimum monthly payments
3) Move out of your parents house and stop giving your money to your dad, for fuck's sake. You're making over 50k a year, you can afford a 1 bedroom shitbox.

Not a bad idea considering all three are partially to blame for this idiocy. But it will never happen. What NEEDS to happen is a renegotiation of interest rates and a hard cap on the total interest that can be paid. But no forgiveness of the principle balance. Not a bad compromise but people are too extreme on both sides of the issue to see it.

I pay a good amount of my parents' bills now. I have people that depend on my income to keep their/my house.

I cannot simply subsist, though many others could. No, I'm abandoning my dad just to pay off loans, you Jew.

The uk isn’t the the us you inbred retard, loans and costs and even university education is entirely different

Fair to impose that debt on students? Are you not aware that going to college and getting a loan to go to that college are both optional and require the student to act to make happen?

Student loan forgiveness should only happen if the student is also forbidden from getting any sort of loan in the future and forced to have their name in a registry like a sex offender and are required to tell every lender that they had student loan forgiveness.