So what happens when all the retail stores close? Whats the end game?

So what happens when all the retail stores close? Whats the end game?

Attached: 5cf9834b11e2050325041af5-750-562.jpg (750x562, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gk5P0KOwedU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayfair#2018
bing.com/search?q=wayfair stock&form=OPRTSD&pc=OPER
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Some legit Jow Forums faggot gave a great and believable explanation on why malls were built 30-40 years ago with the purpose of them collapsing right about now and it would somehow overall net a ton of money through some jewish tricks

u have it?

Guess it would have been helpful for me to mention that I don't have it :(

this was a couple of years ago, they posted it in pol though not biz

decent businesses in which people want to shop will arise from the ashes.

Landlords get fucked.

We have some shitty dying mall over here too, but nothing quite like the US it seems. I get why they are dying: there’s basically very little of interest in many malls in the US. If a mall’s two main anchor stores are Sears and JC Penney, why would anyone even go there? In the rest of the world, most malls have supermarkets as one of their anchors to attract feet. I honestly don’t know why supermarkets in malls are so conspicuously absent in the US.

>I honestly don’t know why supermarkets in malls are so conspicuously absent in the US.
The rent is too high probably.

Ready made re-education complexes after the Chi Com/Democrats take control.

Bathtubs airlifted by quadcopters is the endgame

retail stroes are so 2017 we have amazon now, fuck retail stores noone ares about hem anymore

There's three gigantic malls withing 45 minutes of me that are always packed with people. Trying to find a parking place close to the door on the weekend at Arundel Mills is pretty much impossible unless you are incredibly lucky.
Makes me wonder how much longer that can keep going. Some of those "dead mall" videos I see on Youtube look exactly like Columbia or Annapolis.

Maybe for some malls? The main issue is that TOO many malls were built im the 80s and 90s in blue collar areas that can't support them. They require HVAC on a massive scale and upkeep that outdoor malls don't require. You need stores paying rent and you usually need anchors or a major draw.

Is it mostly a case of greedy landlords? If they discount the rent to stores that will bring in a lot of foot traffic, surely that’s a decent trade off?

This. It's already happening now where mom and pop stores can easily create an online store to expand beyond their local area.
I gladly pay more to buy from my neighbor who knows what's what in his industry.
They compete with wallmart and amazon by providing niche products and experience with them. Like sporting stores, hobby shops, high end fashion, ect.
A place where people can ask the guy behind the counter "I need X for Y, what do you recommend?" or "I need something that fits this." and can get a competent answer.

Everything else you have the option of getting it right now at walmart or a few days from now form Amazon.

A nice mall near me is struggling, some slumlord bought it. Now all niggers hang out there and name stores are leaving

If you notice on Dan Bell's vids, they're almost always in not rich areas, or smaller towns. Leehigh that, Township that, and their anchors are fucking things like Belk or maybe was a Sears if it's "high end".

Its a different kind of customer I think. Malls are sort of a tourist attraction with overpriced gift shops everywhere. The only practical thing there are clothing stores.

That mall is already dead. Once some stores leave and nigs set in, the mall's reputation is shot and that is unrecoverable.

A stable mall will be in a RICH white area with no ghetto bussing. It should have at least a Nordstroms or Bloomingdales, maybe a Saks or Neiman Marcus if it's high end. And if it had those stores, it'll have other high end boutiqus that can pay their rent for a month from just one customer's purchase.

Nearly every time a business goes bankrupt someone makes millions.
They just move all the assets to a different company.

I forget which one it was but even the commenters were saying, "that looks exactly like the Columbia Mall.
Spooky.

A few months ago like 100 youths chimped out. So now on weekends cops patrol

Let’s say for instance a Trader Joe’s or a Whole Foods opens up in a town with a dying mall. Wouldn’t the resulting additional foot traffic be a welcome addition to the rest of the stores in a dying mall? Especially so in a place with shitty weather where people would much rather park in a multistory car park attached to a mall.

>why malls were built 30-40 years ago with the purpose of them collapsing right about now

One documentary I views spoke to "the land" that the mall was on being the most valuable for Amazon shipping centers. At least in Ohio, mall space is being bought up. Initially, Amazon may use some existing buildings. Then they will demolish the structures to build their own superstructures. Amazon warehouses are miles long.

With the land comes a community of blue collar workers; the electrical infrastructure to provide energy and the shipping lanes to get packages out quickly.

Attached: do-do-do-do-do.jpg (480x360, 33K)

Warehouses and comblocks

Honestly I don't think this was predicted but I do think it's an intelligent business choice.

Yeah, if that store opened in the mall and had a mall-side entrance it would help. But you still need stable businesses inside the mall to generate their own traffic.

If your mall doesn't have a Starbucks, it's probably a shit mall.

Maybe it's just zoning laws.

With relaxed zoning laws big supermarkets often buy a plot of land of their own so they pay zero rent.
No mall can compete with that.

But if you have more strict zoning laws supermarkets are pretty much forced to co-locate with other shops, which is great for those other shops.

How long before they destroy the place?
youtube.com/watch?v=gk5P0KOwedU

With our forced multi-culti society, whites will not want to go out anymore. They will shop from their own fortified home place.

Even perishable food will be shipped by Amazon soon with the use of refrigerated drones. How difficult really would it be to attach some drone propellers to a dorm fridge and deliver that frozen pizza right to your door?

Tear them down and redevelop them into low income housing for niggers

Malls are infested with kikes. Think about it.

Jewelry shops, shoe stores, and overpriced food courts. Tweens shaking their ta-TAS like they own the place. Young men shooting coke and sucking each others cocks in broad daylight.

They're not the sort of place one would bring their young, WHITE children. Good riddance.

Attached: 1563527446885s.jpg (125x124, 3K)

Products quality will drop inmensively because they know people will not easily have other products to compare them, so they will use cheaper parts. Quality standards will be almost easily erased from memory

Over here the only open stores in dying malls are the ones from the mall entrance to the supermarket. Anything away from that flow of foot traffic tends to be empty storefronts. Mega-pharmacies also seem to do the trick. It’s weird that those stores keep malls afloat as both supermarkets and pharmacies are also generally present at open air strip malls.

We are further down the multiculti hellhole and unfortunately you still have to go outside of your fortified home to buy stuff like groceries.
Not sure how the life cycle of retail goes in the US, but here it roughly went as follows:
>town centres die because of influx of blacks
>whites flee to mall
>blacks follow
>mall becomes the ‘black mall’ and store start to cater to that demographic
>whites flee to newer further out of town mall and the cycle starts anew
Meanwhile:
>Chinese move into derelict town centres and dying black mall
>dying black mall gets rebranded as a China Mall

The mall killed the small shop owner, now online sales will kill the mall.

Malls and outlets were like a middle man between small local enterprise, and global monopolies.

If they had jumped straight to online sales or super-department stores owned by one entity the public wouldn't have bitten.

>muh Amazon

It’s Mexicans you retards.

They only shop at Walmart and dollar stores. That’s why Toys R Us collapsed. The middle class is mostly white people and white people aren't having kids. The stores customer base no longer exists because the US population is becoming poorer.

We need to do what the consumer wants.

Attached: consumer junk.jpg (1200x900, 311K)

>Whats the end game?
To not have to travel near where niggers loiter.

>Tweens shaking their ta-TAS like they own the place. Young men shooting coke and sucking each others cocks in broad daylight.
Stop projecting your own fantasy, Solomon.

Never need to do this again. Just buy it on Amazon and it comes in before Christmas.

>So what happens when all the retail stores close? Whats the end game?
You get everything delivered to your front door by drones. Everything.

>unfortunately you still have to go outside of your fortified home to buy stuff like groceries.

Amazon Prime Pantry is getting very very good. The prices of many items like snacks and meal kits are now lower at equal to Wal-Mart. The only thing I'm going to the grocery for now is perishables. When I go to Wal-Mart, I go about 3am so as to avoid the most niggers and 500 pound hambeasts

>When I go to Wal-Mart, I go about 3am so as to avoid the most niggers and 500 pound hambeasts
They have a program where you can purchase everything ahead of time and either:
pick it up at the store...
have it loaded into your car at the store...
and no doubt soon:
delivered to your home.

>Just buy it on Amazon and it comes in before Christmas.
Consumerist pig.

Malls are just a way for kikes to make profit off all the division they've created.
80% in the shops in malls are clothing or cosmetics. Kikes destroyed all sense of community so now instead of feeling wanted and secure, everyone feels like they're competing with everyone else (women especially). Malls exist so that all of these people can go and spend hundreds to buy the latest "in" clothing and cosmetics to feel superior to everyone else. Then next season the whole thing repeats again.

Stores are beginning to not carry plastic bags where I am because of whiny leftists. I'll just buy my stuff online from now on which they will send in boxes in plastic packing material and if the items are clothing they will come in plastic bags within the boxes. The left didn't really think this through.

I suppose the only thing that won’t take off is online shopping for perishables. People like to look, touch and squeeze their fresh produce. Guess the same holds for meat. Who cares what your toilet cleaner or toothpaste looks like, so people wouldn’t mind getting that delivered.

one grocery chain around my region delivers groceries to homes and has been doing so for a few years now. good for the old and/or disabled and soon to be good for everyone else.

Not sure how home delivery works in the US, but here you have to book a delivery slot. It’s a bit of a pain in the arse to get a decent delivery slot on a day and time that suits you. I guess if you’re at home most of the day it’s not an issue.

I don't think most people in America eat fresh produce.

Basically this. The average consumer does not spend enough to justify the ever increasing costs these places shoulder just to exist. Walmart is the only business model that fits sustainably within the American consumer market, hilariously enough.

Surely even the most avid consumer of processed foods buys a tomato or an apple on occasion, even if it’s just to make them feel slightly better about themselves.

I went to the mall recently after not having been there in years. It seemed as if most of the customers were now black and hispanic.

Zombie refuge

I might be out of the loop. I know when I was growing up decades ago most produce was canned or frozen. Fresh was considered too expensive and perishable. As an adult the only produce I really eat are jars of jalapenos.

They ruin everything dont they

>arundel mills
I bet you live in Bowie, nigger.

>They have a program where you can purchase everything ahead of time

>I suppose the only thing that won’t take off is online shopping for perishables.

I looked into the WalMart Pickup program. They did not have it at my local store yet. A store about an hour away had it.

I just learned recently that a store 30 minutes away now has it.

Walmart knows that their proper white customers are sick of seeing niggers and white trash shit up the store. White rednecks travel in packs just like niggers do.

With the produce, I read several reviews and watched some YouTube Mommies who said that the very best produce is picked, likely so they can avoid people bitching during the loading process.

They also tend to Trade Up products that are out of stock. Say you wanted generic cherries like Great Value or some shit. They would trade you up to Del Monte if the cheap shit was out.

Walmart knows Amazon will kill them soon. They are trying to innovate. I will likely do the pick-up program. I saw they now have new spaces in the parking lot painted. I saw like 15 spaces so they expect this to be BIG.

This.
Most of them own the entire lots, and other stores within the lots pay rent to them.

This is America, land of the lawsuit. If some mall owners gave the supermarket discounted rent, the corporations owning the other stores (and, other than kiosks with shitskin peddlers, malls rarely have "independent" stores) would sue for discrimination to get the same lowered rent.

Same thing all the preppers talked about.
Homesteading.

Malls are cheaper than online. There's all these sales racks you can't find on the internet. Malls win

It gets fucking cold up there. Who in their right mind would want to take an open-air bath at 10km altitude?

>Whats the end game?
I dont know but I get pissed whenever I need something right now, like a part for a lawnmower or something like that, and theres no Sears in a 50 mile radius.

Attached: f4f.jpg (544x540, 55K)

No. It is that the business model has them owning an entire lot, all other stores within the lot pays them rent. Apparently it works. AND FUCK MALLS ANYWAY.

I get cheaper stuff at the mall sales racks than Amazon

>Is it mostly a case of greedy landlords?
Nope, its the government owning land and selling at overpriced.

>Fresh was considered too expensive and perishable.
You guys live in a country with some of the best agricultural land in the world. How did fresh produce become a rare commodity?
Don’t malls discount rent to their anchor tenants already?
The idea of picking up your groceries is actually pretty smart. I hope a supermarket chain starts doing it over here.

Sears is a dead horsez quit kicking it. Home Depot and Lowes are a thing now. Also, both supposedly competing companies are majority-owned by the same board of directors. GO FUCKING FIGURE.

streamlined business model, no more jewery

Attached: 1434493192252.jpg (950x724, 197K)

A couple of crock pots of Jims famous BBQ and baked beans on the counter for later.

God Damn that is fucked up.

Kinda this, and fuck your pic, and that poor dog.

Am I supposed to feel bad about this? Cause I just feel disgust

Truly we have become Gomorrah

Attached: SmartSelect_20190914-160327_DuckDuckGo.jpg (507x696, 164K)

The external boomer.

look i still used to go to actual stores and never had any problems, but i haven't bothered so much now since i went into a whsmiths to buy a pen and was waiting at the counter while these two staff members were just talking away, i didn't say anything because i was hoping they would realise. Anyway she seemed shocked and pointed to the self service till and did it for me on there, and said "ah we don't tend to use the tills anymore" more like you are a lazy shit, why should i have to checkout my stuff myself if i am the customer.

If only you knew how bad things are.

>Lowes
>Home depot
Literally didn't have the POS briggs stratton carburetor I needed.
Also
>Owned by the same board
I figured as much considering their layed out the EXACT SAME, with the only difference being the orange and blue logo. I bet they share customer info too.

Theres a lot of reasons that malls are dieing but one of the big ones is that online sales have been really murdering them.

How in the fuck would Jews in 1980 have been able to predict the WWW, online shopping, etc? The first web browser wasnt even invented until 1990.

>Home Depot

Home Depot fag here.

They have been lecturing us lately about "two down quarters" and we're getting all kinds of daily lectures like break times; do more; be more; blah blah. They said they are worried about Wayfair of all companies. They are seriously shitting bricks about the retail apocalypse.

Here are the top 20 Brick and Mortar stores:

1 Walmart, Bentonville, Ark. $328,704,000

2 Kroger, Cincinnati $92,165,000

3 Target, Minneapolis $71,960,000

4 Costco, Issaquah, Wash. $71,042,000

5 The Home Depot, Atlanta $66,022,000

6 Walgreen, Deerfield, Ill. $65,014,000

7 CVS Caremark, Woonsocket, R.I. $63,688,000

8 Lowe’s, Mooresville, N.C. $49,366,000

9 Safeway, Pleasanton, Calif. $37,532,000

10 McDonald’s, Oak Brook, Ill. $35,593,000

11 Amazon.com, Seattle, Wash. $34,416,000

12 Best Buy, Richfield, Minn. $34,411,000

13 Sears Holdings, Hoffman Estates, Ill. $30,727,000

14 Macy’s, Cincinnati $27,610,000 4.9% $27,686,000

15 Publix, Lakeland, Fla. $27,485,000

16 SUPERVALU, Eden Prairie, Minn. $27,457,000

17 Ahold USA / Royal Ahold, Carlisle, Pa. $25,845,000

18 Rite Aid, Camp Hill, Pa. $25,392,000 0.5% $25,392,000

19 Apple Stores / iTunes, Cupertino, Calif. $23,998,000

20 TJX, Framingham, Mass. $19,422,000

(1 of 2: Next: online retailers)

Top online Retail stores.

1. Amazon.com $79,268
2. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. $13,484
3. Apple $12,000
4. Staples $10,700
5. Macy’s $4,829
6. The Home Depot $4,267
7. Best Buy $3,780
8. QVC $3,722
9. Costco Wholesale $3,618
10. Nordstrom $2,699
11. Target $2,524
12. Gap Inc. $2,519
13. Williams-Sonoma $2,501
14. Kohl’s $2,367
15. Sears Holdings $2,057
16. Wayfair $1,919
17. Walgreens $1,883
18. L Brands $1,816
19. HSN $1,810
20. Groupon $1,747
21. Overstock.com $1,648

Strong everything

two of three sows have tramp stamps.

disgusting... all of it.. except the poor dogo.

I worked there for a year. Their main concern was Amazon. Wtf is Wayfair? But yeah, there is a brick and mortar collapse in the making. Doesn't help them at all that they treat their employees like shit and pay them garbage. Just an all around sad state of affairs.

>Doesn't help them at all that they treat their employees like shit and pay them garbage.

It's been a good bit soul sucking lately. The job was at least tolerable when I started. Their response to a down quarter is of course to Whip The Slaves more. That is why these retailers always die out. They don't seem to be able to think forward.

Home Depot's strategy is basically selling way overpriced shit to Boomer Wives who come in with their husbands money to overpay for things like Tide and Lightbulbs. Every generation after that is already on Amazon buying shit for cheap because we don't make jack fucking shit at our retail jobs.

Without Boomers, HD is fucked up the ass. They will be relegated to selling sheetrock and lumber to contractors. Anything Amazon can fit into a cardboard box is a business that HD will loose.

Attached: 0157-03.jpg (800x1200, 155K)

Kind of surprised at Arkansas.
Kroger is interesting.
And a Depot in Atlanta.
Oh look, a Publix in Florida.
As for online retail, I thought Sears was dead. Huh.

>Whats the end game?
the starving and killing out of the goyim

Attached: holodo_dees.jpg (568x505, 98K)

Wayfair sells mostly furniture online. They are cutting into home improvement stores because places like HD and Lowes were trying to get into furniture as a new avenue of revenue.

HD and Lowes say they are "not worried" about Millennial buying houses but they are scared stiff. New generations are all minimalists obsessed with their phones and apps. They barely have enough shit to fit inside a Honda Civic.

Anyway, there is going to be a massive retail apocalypse for sure. You can see the big players will hold onto their top ten positions. Others will die out. That means less jobs for Peons in small towns that would normally get hired at these places.

Here's hoping an Amazon Warehouse opens near me so I can be a slave there.

If you had a cable subscription you would know of wayfair. It seemed like it was interior decor and furniture according to the commercials.

Those Cities are where the headquarters are located.

The list is generated by nationwide sales figures of all stores.

>How in the fuck would Jews in 1980 have been able to predict the WWW
agreed
it's far more likely that they simply have the advantage of moving to other industries / business models when an existing one starts flagging.
they are ultra-networked compared to whitey, and probably bail each other out all the time. just imagine how much jewish insider trading goes on, that is fundamentally impossible to discover for anybody on the outside.
remember all the suspicious airline trades pre-9/11?

I did contracting for a bit. There was a rumor circulating that companies like DeWalt, Bostitch, Ridgid, Makita, were preducing tools for Home Depot that were a cheaper version of tool, so Depot could sell power tools for less than smaller companies. Know anything about that?

I went to my Sears in the past month or two. They replaced tv's with mattresses. They got rid of small appliances, luggage, silverware, curtains, and towels. They only sell big appliances, mattresses, tools/snowblowers, and clothing.

Everyone is this photo is a homosex or a dog

Damn. I'm in New England. Sears is completely gone here. Thought they were dead.
Blow jobs are nice, wouldn't enjoy what tandem horseshit is happening in that pic.

Wayfair is a like an Amazon.com in the shadows. They are growing very quickly: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayfair#2018

Stock View: bing.com/search?q=wayfair stock&form=OPRTSD&pc=OPER

Wayfair mostly has an online presence although they have recently opened a storefront in Mass.

That is why old behemoths like HD will suffer as their answer to an online threat is to "Make our Brick and Mortar stores more attractive". They are still banking on "Boomer Bucks" and completely ignoring that fact that every generation after the Boomers got robbed of wealth and will seek out cheap shit to buy online.

We've seen it time and time again with stores like Sears, Macy's, Barnes & Nobels etc.

Online stores are extremely efficient at what they do.

Attached: 5iqp8awwtqh31.jpg (640x876, 129K)

I'm a millennial but I only shop online because of ease not affordability.

>Outlet store as an anchor
No wonder this mall died

>minimalists
Being accepting of zero living space isn't minimalist, especially if it's full of tech junk