California Passes AB5 "Gig Economy" Bill

>Hundreds of thousands of independent contractors, including Uber and Lyft drivers; DoorDash, Uber Eats, Instacart and Postmates couriers; Amazon Flex drivers; taxi drivers; translators; medical professionals; franchise owners and more, could become employees after the law takes effect in 2020. Unions, which pushed passage of AB5, hope to organize newly minted employees, especially those at gig companies.
>State Sen. Maria Elena Durazo, D-Los Angeles, who co-authored the bill, began Tuesday’s debate by blasting tech companies and some traditional employers, saying they have, for decades, exploited workers with false contractor labels.

How does everyone feel about this? I haven't done much research into it myself but I am interested in discussion. Since the (((usual suspects))) seem to be behind the push to pass this thing I'm inclined to be against it. However if it passes it will likely cause problems for certain (((corporations))) so I'm really not sure who is jewing who now. This board lacks relevant political discussion and absolutely sucks. Faggots

Off topic, but what has been your worst uber/lyft experience?
web.archive.org/save/https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Senate-passes-AB5-gig-work-bill-turning-14430204.php?psid=mZUAT

Attached: SpicDrivers.jpg (1200x800, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

huffpost.com/entry/uber-loses-billions-dollars-ipo-payouts_n_5d4c8c40e4b09e7297438fc3?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAARAH9vct9yi2OXz6rreF297zQ0FAe0HlkgYorIPfobGFGjKj98Rfn52tqRv3YzEjW10fE6c3pL3UvMwIviC2lTD7TXaky7Ed6G9_-WIgSOtb2SdS_L0rsv4aliP0QAGJYQWXANC-9eZgLAFjkDKHYUZLl61OfCaa1_K2JRDwPmn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: whiteeuropeans.jpg (1440x574, 273K)

Uber drivers are not employees, what the fuck

They should just stop operating in California. Simple.

Yes, support capitalists against workers.

Ameritards really like supporting their oppressors.

Once again California ignores the real problems and goes after insignificant ones

Attached: thunderous screeching.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

>CA: Hey user, tell me something you like
>user: *Something you like
>CA: *Shits on it
>CA: Hey user, tell me something else you like

Not everybody is a Marxist retard that views everything as an opressor/oppressed dichotomy

I'm very conservative, and I firmly believe that unions are needed in every big corporation. If you're not part of the union, you're fucking retarded.

The problem with unions is that the corrupt liberal commie ones are equally as hellish as the unregulated corporate slavery. If your union threatens to strike over the flavor of coffee, fills every position with niggers and blue haired whales, and forces workers to bus in for fag protests and Hillary rallies, then you are in a shitty company and would be better off without a union.

Well I hate people on both sides of this issue so it's hard to figure out who is jewing who. I know though you don't care, you are used to a cock in your mouth and ass simultaneously.

Attached: 3efcb2f66ac1d0a882f08a3201e78b4b611c1556745614351c5bb0c55ada6678.jpg (255x255, 14K)

California isn't a right to work state so anyone that doesn't want to be apart of a union gets royally fucked up the ass. Not to mention unions constantly make empty promises like more vacations and higher wages when there is nothing they can do about them so most people will end up losing money from being forced to pay union fees. Commiefornia is going to collaspe sooner or later

It makes no difference if you don't live in a right to work state state

many unions today will sack you based on your political view. They also take a % of your check to donate to political bodies that you yourself may not agree with, so it's kinda just like extortion. "Agree with us on the top brass views or be fired or on the waiting list forever with no work".

This is good you turbo faggots, would you rather support poor white people or guzzle the cum of pajeet tech faggots?

Unions, purged of their corrupt elements are a good thing. The idea that all unions or good or all bad is a retarded idea. I'm not a union memeber myself but i support working people more than i support rich Jewish CEOs

>doesn't know what Unions actually do, or don't do rather
See

I want businesses to gtfo of California. All of them.

If you're huwhite and still living in Commiefornia you're part of the problem giving your tax shekels almost entirely to the brown 5th column and the traitorous kikes and shabbos goys running the Golden State into the ground.

Is this a parody of a Jow Forums post?

Yes they are. They work for Uber.

Attached: 1567202907462.png (478x354, 131K)

>ancap meme flag
Show us your jew star israeli

>directs to own comment

Excellent rebuttal. I post with said flag because I don't want to be associated with retarded mutts who can't debate like you

What exactly is your point?

My point is that you aren't a source kike

based diaspora jew. Does your boss pay you to suck his cock and shill for him or do you do it for free?

I was directing to my post because low IQ faggots like you wouldn't read it if I didn't
>also implying I'm a kike
You're just a cancerous newfag that never bothered to lurk before posting.

Been here for 5 years buddy

Not really. They have no boss at Uber. They work whenever and where ever they want. They provide their own work equipment. They are independent contractors. I don't even like Uber but this reeks of union fuckery. The fact is that Uber doesn't make any money at all - they lose billions. It's one thing if a company is making bank and pocketing all of it, but there isn't even any money to share in this case. If these laws expand, they are just gonna go under and all the drivers will be out of work.

>still refuses to address the point
You are a perfect example of why IDF kikes have such a stronghold on Jow Forums. Oldfags from /n/ and /new/ were actually capable of debating, something you clearly have no experience with

And you are proud of that? What a fag

>been here since 2014
>after the time reddit basically ruined every fast board
Case in point

Someone doesn't know how Uber works.

>debate me with facts and logic
Go home ben I'm busy sucking on your sister's giant kazar milkers

>another retarded post by another retarded burger
Another reason for to put my flag back on

The gig economy needs to go. It traps young people in temp jobs, their services are awful to consumers.

For from being environmentally friendly "ride-sharing", Uber and Lyft are creating unnecessary traffic as drivers prowl the streets for their next fare. Their drivers are also awful and getting increasingly obnoxious - multiple times I've spotted them stopping in the middle of traffic, emergency lights on, to onload or offload passengers when there was ample space to pull over.

>being embarrassed of your nationality
Damn what a faggot, I bet you want to give niggers reparations and suck up to the (((international community))) too

Are "commission only" sales people included? That is the biggest scam. Also real estate sales agents - work long hours for "commission" that never happens.

I'm not embarrassed by the country itself per se but rather all the retards that I'm surrounded by. You're probably ignorant enough to think voting actually matters

Good

Is Uber a company?
Do you sign a contract with them?
Do they make money from your fares?
Do they do any of the work, or do they just make a glorified app for phones?

Not only are they your boos, they don't even do the labor that a typical boss does. Fucking millennial/zoomer retards will go on for hours about hos CEOs make far more than the labor they produce and worker's rights and shit, but this company that produces NOTHING and skims off the top like some crooked gangster and makes billions a year and owns over $20B in assets is totally fine.

Imagine believing you're your own boss when you work for a worldwide cab company. At least legit cabbies have the medallion system to cover their asses.

You fucking retards.

Attached: 1328140475226.png (301x348, 190K)

Pretty much this. Bad bill for consumers, and maybe mildly beneficial for workers in the new economy. But the real winners are the traditional cab and delivery companies.

They don't have a regular schedule. By putting them on a W2 employment scheme then Uber needs to pay them regularly and set their schedules for them. It wouldn't be an endgame for Uber, but they would suddenly find themselves in a situation where they are no longer a ride hailing company, but are a Taxi company and would need to buy medallions which they would never do.

>be me
>16 y/o Albertsons grocery bag boy
>forced to join local UFCW (union)
>pay dues
>Aunt gets in massive wreck and in ICU
>call work and say I cannot make it family emergency that's life and death
>boomer manager Chuck O'Tool (real name btw) says okay hope she gets better
>come in for next days shift
>Chuck O'Tool says I "voluntarily quit"
>call union
>crickets.wav
>"You still owe union dues from your final check
>mfw
FUCK UNIONS!

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Uber's service is they provide an app that connects people who need a ride with people who are willing to provide one. That's literally it, they're a middle man who facilitates a transaction and takes a modest fee to make this happen.

Uber drivers are no more Uber employees than eBay sellers are eBay employees and this bill is fucking retarded.

Uber should relocate to comfy Nevada

The hilarious thing is that they do all that, and still lose money.

This is pretty clearly benefiting the current unions, not to get new members that’s a cool side effect. They are stamping out the gig nature of the gig economy, you can’t easily go work a weekend here or there if your not a contractor. And all the tech jobs will go over seas because tech companies do not want to pay unemployment to under achievers.

So communist "business" is about pretending to be a legit business but shafting your "partners"(employees) out of benefits and money.
God damn fucking people under 40 are laughably retarded. At least our grandparents took bats to people's knees.

I can see this backfiring. Paco will mow your lawn for $30 and then hire some shyster lawyer to claim he was your "employee" and now you owe him healthcare and workman's compensation after he stubs his toe on your property. Same with guy who washes your car, the cleaning lady, etc.

Marxism is a list of sophisticated complaints against working for a what you get. Youre a faggot and so was Marx.

They facilitate the transaction, vet the drivers, maintain a rating system and fire drivers who don't keep a good rating, set the rates that drivers can charge, and maps the route for a driver to follow with a fare.

Maybe you'll have to start using legal services from legit companies instead of under the table illegals

>im a conservative
>”unregulated corporate slavery”

Pick one mother fucker

>Uber drivers are no more Uber employees than eBay sellers are eBay employees and this bill is fucking retarded.
But they are, because without uber, you're just some creep offering rides to people you don't know.

Uber LOSES money? How? Are they hiring all of Industrial Light and Magic to program and maintain their app? How do you lose money doing this?

I'm not sure if you are disagreeing or agreeing with me. All I know is that Uber and many other businesses that use an independent contractor model are unlikely to survive this shift. It will likely mean higher costs for everything in California and the average consumer will immediately notice the price inflation. I'm secular at this point on if it is good or bad because I only visit California on occasion.

>Uber LOSES money? How? Are they hiring all of Industrial Light and Magic to program and maintain their app? How do you lose money doing this?
>The ride-share's giant has yet to make a profit since its founding.
huffpost.com/entry/uber-loses-billions-dollars-ipo-payouts_n_5d4c8c40e4b09e7297438fc3?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAARAH9vct9yi2OXz6rreF297zQ0FAe0HlkgYorIPfobGFGjKj98Rfn52tqRv3YzEjW10fE6c3pL3UvMwIviC2lTD7TXaky7Ed6G9_-WIgSOtb2SdS_L0rsv4aliP0QAGJYQWXANC-9eZgLAFjkDKHYUZLl61OfCaa1_K2JRDwPmn

It's almost like you suck at your shitty job and they used any excuse to get rid of you. No union can save you from yourself.

Nope. Went across the town to the other grocery store and they hired me on the spot! The manager's daughter was married to the union rep. New store (Vons) frequently hired people that had "voluntarily quit" from the other store with no issues. The fuckers at the union were corrupt with an obvious conflict of interest. I worked at Vons until I received my bachelors degree, no issues at all.

I can only imagine they took out a ton pf loans to buy adspace in stadiums/on TV and haven't paid them back.
What else could it be?

I'll also point out that paradoxically, this will be the end of many small and medium size enterprises in California. This is defintely the final finishing touches on the complete corporatization of California.

Worth noting that headline was deceptive - even without the IPO payouts they lost over a billion. They've also upped the cut they take from drivers for fares - it's now something like 25%

notice how they're all fat, brown and old

>capitalists
>government regulation
>capitalists
>government regulations
Well you are obviously stupid

They're spending quite a lot on r&d for driverless cars and flying taxis, apparently.

I have to admit that i am ignorant on pros and cons of unions. I am working at a cuck wage job at the moment till i finish my schooling, but i had to watch some cbl on why unions are bad. I know they are good for protecting the worker and fighting for better pay, and benefits, but also know they can be corrupt and make it harder to firer incompetent workers.

>want to make a little extra money on the side
>companies now can't hire you because they have to pay minimum wage for your services and a fuckton of other things
>you actually end up losing money
>only people who are most experienced and die-hard competitive will get the job, adding further educational and experience barriers to working at these places
The lefties suuuuuuuuuure are doing a good job of helping people make money, and totally don't screw us out of potential cash and drive us to suck the tits of the academic-media complex.

lol, nailed every meme talking point. 5/5 bretty gud :DDDDDD

Attached: 1567792745322.png (291x292, 40K)

nope, independent contractors from what I can gather. I we is basically a broker for their work

Uber. Fucking tablet trash

fuuuuuuuccccckkkk he does it for free!!!

Attached: 1567364329210.jpg (288x288, 25K)

Uber employs lots of drivers who just see this job as some money on the side who enjoys the flexibility of working on your own hours, people who uber have other jobs.

You can try and make something like mcdonald’s the sort of job that can support a family plus benefits with kids and a pension all you want. But the fact remains that uber is a side jobs or 17 year old kids who are getting the feel of working while also taking advantage of flexible work hours, it’s like being a bus boy. Places who force this type of thing see those kids get replaced by machines or by older employees.

The youth unemployment rate in france is double of the youth unemployment in the UK partially because minimum wage is flat in france while staggered by age in the UK. This bill levies certain costs and obligations on the employer which they would have to factor into whether it is worth employing the person in the first place.

You fucking dumb-ass retard. Uber has no required hours. It's something you do in your spare time. It ISN'T a FUCKING JOB. The only people THIS BENEFITS are the trolls at the bridge guarding the fucking stupid-ass medallion fees which cost thousands of dollars and the Union fuckers lining their pockets with dues.

So they truly are a company made up of sheltered upper-middle class whites/jews who think that driverless cars will work in cities where niggers exist.

>You fucking dumb-ass retard.
o rly? Let's examine-
>Uber has no required hours.
They still make the rules. That makes them your boss.
>It's something you do in your spare time. It ISN'T a FUCKING JOB.
Tell me MORE about how you'd drive strangers around in your car for fun when no money is involved.
>The only people THIS BENEFITS are the trolls at the bridge guarding the fucking stupid-ass medallion fees which cost thousands of dollars and the Union fuckers lining their pockets with dues.
Cab companies and their cabbies have a lot of power in their cities. Uber drivers have zero power. Uber itself has a little power.

Dumbass retard huh?

Attached: 1566857528955.jpg (834x834, 50K)

I never understand why people in Jow Forums are so keen to leap to the defence of massive firms that are literally structuring themselves to rip off workers

>illegals
White people are the new illegals.

Define "ripping off workers"

>Uber itself has a little power.
BULLSHIT THEY HAVE TEAMS OF SUPERLAWYERS AND THE BL;ESSING OF THE GLOBOHOMO MONEY PRINTING AGENDA 2030 CREW.

California will be a nanny state dystopian shitscape after 8 more years of Democrap control.

That's not enough.
You need bargaining power and backing of organized crime in cities to be truly mighty.

I don’t have a problem with it.
You never know how life pans out...
one day you might need a job like this

bootlicking silicon valley companies and billionaires has to be one of the most inane shit you can do.

IT'S ENOUGH

>They work for Uber.
No uber coordinates between the service provider and the client. Their only problem is handling the cash, if they had a 3rd party handle payments and payouts they could get out of this.

Nice job straight copying the Academic Agent video.

> We need government to handle our jobs!
> We need government to handle our pay/benefits/hours

These fucking people have no idea the power they have if they would unit together and demand better compensation for themselves. Ideally, you could make a “favor app” that allows you to do all these gig jobs without the need for any of these apps.

Fuck this gay earth.

>Cab companies and their cabbies have a lot of power in their cities
What? How? Who the fuck rides in cabs these days?

Attached: 641fcc78a17d39556ef308780e96c3c36ee64f71c00223778c90c3a12fbe750c.jpg (850x1280, 121K)

OH WOW
GHOST COMPANIES ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED TO BREAK LAWS? WTF BROS

>>Their drivers are also awful and getting increasingly obnoxious - multiple times I've spotted them stopping in the middle of traffic, emergency lights on, to onload or offload passengers when there was ample space to pull over.

Those are called niggers. Take a nigger, give him some scrap of authority ‘I’m working and here for a minute to pick some honkey up’. Watch them go turbo nigger and abuse the fuck out of everything. Nigs gonna nig.

Attached: FD13C2A1-0598-4DF2-BF42-115CCD74D89A.jpg (620x828, 64K)

>cabs have a lot of power
Subways: allow us to introduce ourselves

>they don't know about the mighty power of money laundering

Attached: fd6fec6dac43546d07d8c36d44f8a9a4.jpg (640x480, 163K)

The IRS has gudielines which are used to define who is an IC and who is an employee

among the factors which would determine a worker is being used as an eployee are what are termed;"behavior controls" such as you are made to wear a uniform or display your employers logo or to carry out the task in a manner defined by the employer or their customer ... if any of these are the consistent norm you are an employee.. if you are free from any of that you are an IC

There are better money laundering operations, like massage parlors because at least you can get an occasional tug job out of them.

It's anti-anarchy, therefore hierarchical. The left-right paradigm continues to fall apart.

The only reason I like cabs is because of the real business element of it.

All of the fucking uber and lyft drivers want to tell you their life story of how they're definately going to land that acting gig after they're done with their improv classes, or how they're nervous about their next final, or how they're retired and just doing this for fun and you would not believe this story I had from my youth, or I was molested by my uncle at a young age yadda yadda ITS LIKE SHUT THE FUCK AND FUCKING TAKE ME TO MY DESTINATION. I PAID MONEY FOR THE CAB RIDE NOT TO FUCKING BE YOUR ONLY SOCIAL INTERACTING YOU HAVE. GET A REAL FUCKING JOB AND THEN GO THE BAR IF YOU WANT TO GET SOCIAL. I HAVE PLACES TO GO AND I DO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING ABOUT YOU. JUST DRIVE.

That was the best part about cabbies, it was just a bunch of semi-literate wops and browns that would be just talking to some other semi-literate wop or brown on the phone while you got to just chill the fuck out and watch them rack up their fee by taking all of the stupidest directions, but at least they weren't fucking obnoxious pests.

Attached: do_not_stir.jpg (1522x856, 139K)

This is why the third way is needed. You retards are falling for the trick of the left/right debate, where the left has good ideas on economics, healthcare, regulating Wall Street etc., while the right has good ideas on race. They intentionally divide the good stuff between the parties to make it so National Socialism doesn't rise again. A third party that is NatSoc is needed to end this bullshit distraction once and for all.

Maybe he was using the word literally in a literal sense and not an actual one.

Unions in a nutshell;
Formerly it was a uniform requirement that we wear white t-shirts under ours uniform shirts. Some people wanted to be able to wear black-shirts as well, so they sent the union to negotiate.

The union representatives then returned pleased to tell us they had won the negotiation and now we could only wear black t-shirts under our uniform.

Freedom of political thought is anarchistic, not conservative, silly.

You're a kike bootlicker programmed by kikes who run the GOP. You don't even realize how brainwashed you are because you're so stupid. Cuckservative kike bootlickers get the gas first.