Why has cosplay become popular in the west?

Every dumb thot is doing it nowadays. It used to be a niche nip thing. Is this a sign that nip pop culture is the next target in the globohomo sjws sights?

Attached: images (3).jpg (180x280, 12K)

Anime has become 'cool' with the masses now

OP hasn't left the basement since 1996.

How could I, if I was born in 97?
Bad bait Burguer

That shit makes me depressed. Japanese media was once a way to get away from the hollywood type propaganda, I guess it won't be that way for long

Thots need to extract money from 12 year olds somehow

Haha this
It is reverse pedophilia

Do kids even watch anime nowadays? I would think they are more into video games and their characters?

For the same reason women all dress like whores on Halloween.

E-thots tapping into another market. Majority of them don't give a shit about the series they're cosplaying as. They just want nu-nerds, who also don't give a much shit about anime either, to pay attention to them and give them money.

Thankfully Japan continues to make anime that pushes the same tropes as its own self barrier. So it'll never be truly "mainstream".

Sure, women will do everything for attention, but why cosplay? That stuff used to be for nerds, fat whales and incels

I should hope so mate

That's the thing. Kids these days have immediate exposure to anime. It's not like back then where you had to go to DVD stores or watch it on TV. The same feeling isn't there and basically all the classics are getting poor remakes.At this point I'm convinced anime will just end up dying with the doomer generation and kids today will see anime as that "old thing that my parents like".

Calarts style of cartoons will be more popular with present day kids.

It's all gay. First you dress up like a cartoon, then dudes are cutting off their dicks.
I'm against it.

It's all degenerate garbage.

Good. The longer it stays degenerate garbage the longer it stays out of western hands.

>doing it nowadays
things are different nowadays, Grandpa

Attached: Back-In-My-Day-nowadays.jpg (550x660, 82K)

Its not popular anymore. It was a few years back, but trends have changed again. Anime is cringe again.

Not for me. Anime is still about as cool as herpes as far as I’m concerned.

because the polytheistic pope (((Bob Iger))) is pushing degenerate capeshit((Marvel Fake War Gods) on the masses. pedowood had double loyalty Ruth Bader Ginsburg bypass our constitution copyright clause and now the bankers/media own the west's intellectual property practically indefinitely. the people who control the images, control the ideas in your head and your mind. we will wake up when we get a working constitution again. Disney, Milne, Jim Jenson... all owned by globohomo banker/media...

King of the Jews and Fake Gods Bob Iger also own your history channel. he constantly mixes mysticism with history like Ancient Aliens. the programming keeps the masses stupid and confused.

beware fake gods. read Epicurus like Thomas Jefferson. Bob Iger is an empty, vain, fake gods pushing tyrant.

Attached: Bob And Harvey.jpg (1024x774, 158K)

because normal clothing sucks

Attached: 1538556298374.jpg (1367x2048, 392K)

>implying there is no market for degeneracy in the west

Pls. Cosplay exist on the internet and thats it. If thats common for you, you need some offscreen time.

because gaming proved to be a thorn in the side of global propaganda so they accepted it into the fold so they could control it

because my dick

Attached: 944763003.png (1080x1350, 2.36M)

What is "In" now?

Attached: Question8.jpg (754x721, 63K)

We don't need to worry about trannies who think they look like madoka.

Wouldn't YOU like to know.

Bob is using his (((ABC))) to pump the world full of racist, tribal, low IQ social justice programming. he would love to see the plebs self destruct in civil race war. however, we should have a Constitution, independent news, and art return to the public after the death of the artist. Mickey Mouse should be in the Public Domain. Mice build trains not teach kids how to tranny.

Attached: Corporate Copyright Forever.jpg (900x674, 86K)

Vaguely interested in what retardation people have come up with recently.

Attached: Anime Scout2.jpg (850x522, 126K)

That woman is really fucking ugly.

Cosplay was always degenerate and bourgeoisie.

Free market

Because if people wanna see hot girls in normie lingerie they can just watch Fasion TV

Cosplay adds a lot of variety. In fact I see the mainstream fasion industry taking more and more from anime styles, which isn't necessarily a bad thing not everyone needs to wear suits pants a plaid dress everywhere.

Hey. I found my first 2d gf. Quiet from MSG5. She is also a real person! When I found my 2d gf and I now can blend Jow Forums community better.

Attached: images.jpg (279x181, 10K)

>calarts style
Please no

Attached: 23E619CA-D67D-4414-AD96-04A4491A95A7.gif (240x228, 858K)

>I'll fit in better at Jow Forums with a waifu

Get out.

Attached: kys6.jpg (600x897, 49K)

Culture has been reduced to voyeurism, watch movies, watch sportsball, watch tv watch the cooking show instead of just cooking a mean. People crave participatory culture and cosplay allows people to transform one thing into the other. They turn the passive in to the active and since it does not threaten globohomo it is allowed to continue. While it is active it still grounds people in a false reality and that is what globohomo wants people living anyplace but the hear and now.

Attached: 1567353768524.jpg (996x720, 98K)

retarded take. anime has always been shit. we actually live in a golden era for it bc now it's profitable overseas. anime productions are at an all-time high quality and only get better as tech improves.

Attached: 1568438335346.gif (240x180, 184K)

I’m not

Attached: 2E01DA1F-4999-43AC-AD52-C64B0E83C0BF.jpg (480x490, 73K)

>anime productions are at an all-time high quality and only get better as tech improves.

Nice joke. You mean the Japs are finally starting to learn how to properly use Maya. Other than that anime hasn't improved at all since 2010.

Women dressing up to play sex games is nothing new. They are just now realizing a lot of normal guys are a bit nerdy at heart. I mean, who doesn't want to bang an alien?

Can anyone redpill me on the Isekai genre? It it just nip power fantasy?

I just hope anime does not get mainstream and ruined by normies

Rezero at least is the opposite of a power fantasy. Slime is a power fantasy

It's just a way to tell a story without it taking place in a school setting or in Japan itself.

I disagree mate, more and more people are watching it nowadays. Soon all the staceys and beckys will watch it instead of netflix

Haha, I'm only kidding. I haven't played with my solid snake on this 2d gf yet.

Japshit has always been pozzed genderbending tranny racemixing crap. Anime is just eastern degeneracy.

That would be a good thing. In anime chastity is still appreciated. How many characters out of all the anime that have ever been released have been sex in the city type whores who are stronk independent women who don’t need no man

this

Last time Western anime fandom peaked with DBZ dub and Gundam Wing

This time it's basically peaked with Jojo. A lot of Japanese animation coming out is really niche, or an entire show animated for a meme.

based

it is just the new fad

We've no other alternative, all other forms of fun are strictly regulated.

Cosplay was a mistake. Just a bunch of narcissists looking like walking jokes ruining fandoms. I just want off this ride already.

That is my problem. For how long will it stay that way? How long before globohomo and sjws say it ain't progressive enough?

it wont be long before even anime is regulated

Fortunately for us, most people in japan give very few fucks about what the rest of the world wants in their anime. There was some attempt by the U.N. to ban depictions of violence against women, Japanese FEMALE mangaka came out against it because it was censorship and no actual people were being harmed

Most people can not appreciate the level of control the great mother will excessive once the sky father is banished.
Think for a moment about the archetype of the overbearing mother who is always smothering her children and always involved in their lives never giving them a moment of freedom. Now combine that force with the technology for a digital panoptican where everyone is watching everyone else and everyone is a prisoner.
You wont even have the freedom to think your own thoughts once they master cybernetics and rule your brain by trapping you in feedback loops they can modify.

Attached: 1568082626547.jpg (695x558, 80K)

is vrchat safe?

Attached: Vrchat.jpg (1200x636, 185K)

Christie is best DOA girl

Attached: 11253_Christie_Dead_or_Alive_6_1eb58aa1e657c83e27e55da57f394787.jpg (950x633, 69K)

>Other than that anime hasn't improved at all since 2010.
sure

Attached: 1568336663547.jpg (417x376, 72K)

They are trying to find husbands

What is DBZ, Naruto, Sailor Moon, Studio ghibli. Anime has been cool with the masses for decades now.

First globalism destroys the exclusivity of White people's cultures by making it a global product anyone can appropriate. Second globalism imports non-white stuff to replace our stolen cultural heritage

Surface level shit. Nobody goes beyond entry level fandoms.

Not to mention Inyuyasha. Every girl in middle school watched adult swim just for that show. Cowboy bebop too. Face it fags your precious anime was always pleb trash

Every girl in middle school isn't into things like Touhou, Idolmaster, or hell even the Fate series. You have the cream on the icecream and then you have the cone, the filling, and the edible wrapper. Most people will never eat to the base because it's not socially acceptable (and never will be) to be heavily obsessed.

I wish women would fuck out of nerd culture. I guess it's good in some way because we need nerds to have kids if they are white.

Cosplay pussy is still reserved for Chad.

Only some whites can actually pull off decent cosplay. Asians are by far the best at it. Mikasa’s voice actress, Yui Ishikawa looks just like Mikasa without even trying in my opinion.

Attached: 980D5A1B-E4F4-454C-9F39-0BC46F2A9DD8.jpg (900x1200, 101K)

Women want to be whores and play like children at the same time in perpetuity as influenced by hostile jewish media thats targeting them for their weakness.

They also work in that industry... so you'd be putting them out of business