How do I become a Christian

Former atheist here.
Recently I had a religious exoerience. Yeah laugh it up meme fags, I'm embarrassed by it too and keep trying to tell myself I'm mental.
Anyway so I had this moment and now I'm thinking that maybe I should look into this Jesus thing more. The problem is, I barely know anything about the Bible or faith.
Where do I start pol?

Attached: 1557185852003.jpg (640x742, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCAWDr2F2EW8che-jv7k6jsA
youtube.com/watch?v=bEI6Mx3-MOE
youtube.com/watch?v=99o8nBgpDfc
newble.co.uk/anderson/silence/preface.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Realize biblical literalism is bs and it's more about the moral and cultural values

Bingo.
DESU if some of what Jesus "said" didn't exist in the Bible,like "help thy neighbor" and all that BS
I would be 100% Christian Deus Vult

Start by killing yourself you faggot cocksucker.

Attached: 1568872816478s.jpg (124x120, 4K)

Don't waste your time with desert stories. Focus instead on your history, study everything classical: music, architecture, art, crafts... Being European has nothing to do with Christianity.

You have to admit you're a sinner ask Jesus Christ into your heart believe he died for your sins and rose from the dead

Bro PLEASE don't get discouraged by mockers and scoffers.
Don't cave in to peer pressure.
You'll honestly lose any friends that you've had, you'll stop enjoying any degenerate hobbies, music, media, etc that you used to partake in.
We're in the last days, you're gonna be ostracized and ridiculed, but you should worry more about the opinion of God than the opinion of man.
Dorre Love is a really good & funny street preacher, and the other people that preach with him are all based.
Watch some of his videos, they'll motivate you to not worry about all the immature lost people that mock Jesus.
youtube.com/channel/UCAWDr2F2EW8che-jv7k6jsA

Attached: 5AFE9918-B117-49FD-B403-DF87143854C8.jpg (1024x533, 90K)

This

Attached: C6126158-6F3A-47F6-8477-D528715C3B95.jpg (381x650, 83K)

Attached: 21460FB3-3E4A-4D73-B619-C43357A01850.jpg (867x1024, 219K)

>Russia
>European
That's a negaroonie from me big daddy

Also i would listen to new fundamental Baptist preachers who preach from the king James bible. Also read the bible kjv

>Russia
You might want to recheck my flag, you crumpet.

>Recently I had a religious experience.
plz, tell me more user. I'm genuinely curious.

This.
Also, I'm thinking about Eastern Orthodox, I like their theology and also the fact it predates parts of the NT

Pedovores and their social and legacy media protectors* are being delivered to justice.

youtube.com/watch?v=bEI6Mx3-MOE

*historic first

Attached: 74b214bbc3d461a44b2599dfe0bc9f013dc988dbdceda7b0c269a49646ce2f15.jpg (640x427, 44K)

Ignore these heretics. The way you become a Christian is by publicly professing that you believe what we believe in the form of a baptismal creed, and then receiving from a priest the holy mysteries of initiation, which are baptism, chrismation, and communion.

You receive the holy mysteries of initiation from a priest.

Baptism is being dipped in water. This has the effect of cleansing you of your guilt from sin, and permanently marking your soul as belonging to Christ and his Church. The other two mysteries are complicated in meaning and are best explained later.

The best way to learn about Christianity is from a priest. Jesus Christ sent out the Apostles and left them in charge of his followers. They left men called bishops in charge, and those bishops have left bishops after them until this day. Bishops have priests serving under them who do much of their day to day work.

The priest is the man who has that unbroken connection back to Jesus Christ and the authority and mandate to teach you about Christianity. Christianity cannot be learned from a book, nor can it be learned in isolation from other believers. It must be practiced.

I’m glad you’re thinking about this. Christianity is a very rewarding lifestyle, and most importantly it’s true.

So you are LARPing as a Jew?

Lol the idoltor mystery religion calling me a heretic

Satanists are the biggest faggits.

This.

What do Christians believe?

We believe that there was a time when the universe did not exist, and it was called into being out of nothingness by an omnipotent, eternal being which we call God.

We also believe in the concept of right and wrong. That is, actions made by humans can be described as good or bad. We believe that the arbiter of what is good and bad is the purest form of logic and moral reasoning. This purest logic is the same being as the omnipotent being that created the material universe.

We also believe that humans sadly violate what is good and do things that are bad. As a result, our lives are disordered and filled with suffering and pain, even as a result of bad things done by others and not done by us.

Christianity seeks to use the reason God has endowed us with, in combination with what has been revealed to us by prophets of God and God’s own incarnation as Jesus Christ, to live our live in the most moral fashion and increase the joy in the universe and heal the pain.

Nevertheless, all human lives end in death. It seems to be a law of the universe. But one great hope Christians have is the resurrection at the end of time. Jesus Christ proved he could raise all of us from the dead when he raised Lazarus from death after four days in the tomb and moreover when he raised himself from death after three days in the tomb after death by crucifixion. We believe that God will restore our physical bodies to life and they will never die again. And that he will also morally perfect us so that we can live with him forever in a state of perfect goodness and joy.

You worship a book published by a gay Scottish king sixteen centuries after Christ lived on this earth in the flesh, with zero appreciation for its source texts or their historical context

If i could start from scratch i would read genesis, the 1st book of enoch, ezekiel, daniel and revelation. Only then would i start in on Jesus. Reason is that our tradition is polluted. And enoch and the rest will detox all the modern bullshit out of anyone system.

Start turning the other cheek and licking nigger feet.

Jesus Christ said the most sacred place of worship was within yourself.

Self reflection on the teachings of the New Testament and taking heed the lessons of the Old is how I've become faithful.

Attached: 5518-studios-kenshi-2.jpg (1698x1080, 518K)

Just read the bible. You'll remain an atheist.

God doesn't exist, christfag. Stop deluding yourself.

It's the best translation its not written by James you absolute reprobate

This. /thread bravo slovenac

This is terrible advice. The so called books of Enoch are basically fan fiction. Ezekiel and Daniel are heavily dependent on historical context, as is Revelation.

The first part of Genesis is a retelling if the Babylonian creation myth using the best known science and anthropology to a educated scribe in 6th Century BC Babylon. The parts dealing with Abraham on down are the writing down of an older oral tradition of the origins of the Hebrew people of the early Iron Age of the Levant. While there is theologically relevant material in there, it’s not where I would start in explaining Christianity.

In reading the Bible, you need to know what it is. The Bible is a COLLECTION of 73 different ancient texts written over a period of a thousand years by dozens of different authors. It is split into writings before the coming of Christ and those written after him.

I would start by reading the accounts of his life written by his apostles (the leaders of his disciples) or those close to his apostles. We call these the Gospels (which means “good news”).

There are four - Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. They contain the details of his life and his sayings. They are intended as literal histories. Christ truly existed and truly said and did those things.

The New Testament writings were collected by the bishops the apostles left in charge and copies made and kept by them. The list of 27 New Testament books was chosen by the Catholic Church, who retains nearly all of the oldest manuscripts of them.

Start wherever you want. But this is where it ends, the New Revelation, the true teaching for our age.

Attached: l061b_en.png (1239x1754, 188K)

And even become a stronger one than before.

> I should look into this Jesus thing more.
It's just an allegory for sun worship.
Look up Socrates and Marcus Aurelius instead.

Read the New Testament first

Yeah also this OP

Attached: M8H9fq2Wz4.jpg (750x886, 163K)

You can't go from not believing a god to believing one, you are only pretending

Read the KJV.
Gospels, Revelation, Genesis. And more if you can.
Pay attention to Jesus Christ says, you can get bibles which mark Jesus' words in red.

Attached: 1562285246127.jpg (629x458, 112K)

Go to mass. Traditional, latin mass. Only after that try something more intelectual. Mind my words, former atheist here too.

Retarded

This whole thing don't add up

Attached: JesusTaDah.jpg (310x386, 50K)

If I had to choose a religion I would say Orthodox Christianity or Sunni Islam

I had this idea in the back of my mind that I identify with Christian theology the most. Then I actually read the Bible and looked up the history. The only way to make it work as a goyim religion is to blatantly ignore or misinterpret a large part of the scripture and its innate jewishness.

God chooses his people not the other way around
youtube.com/watch?v=99o8nBgpDfc

Why would one want to look into kike-made desert religions like islam or christcuckery?

There are four different major groups of Christians led by people who can claim succession back to the apostles of Jesus Christ

1. The Catholic Church
2. The Eastern Orthodox Church
3. The Oriental Orthodox Church
4. The Assyrian Church of the East

These groups were founded by apostles of Jesus Christ and have sadly split from each other over the years, but they agree on almost all of of the fundamental aspects of Christianity. They all have bishops and priests.

I am Catholic, and you should seek the counsel of a Catholic priest, but a priest of any of the other three would be infinitely preferable to a minister of a Protestant denomination.

In all of these, one is made a Christian by baptism, and one practices Christianity by participating in ritual prayer services, offering the holy sacrifice of Christ’s body and blood, fasting with the whole Church, etc.

Nah

A lot of people are having religious ‘wake up calls.’ Join your nearest church. It will bring hope and happiness to other parishioners to see their congregations growing strong

Start by reading the New Testament, especially the synoptic gospels (Matthew, Mark, and Luke.)

You don't decide a religion just because it suits your aestethics or political thinking but we are on pol here and everyone is totally retarded.

most of the new testament is just copypasta from the old testament
the jews who wrote it recycled the same stories like joseph and jesus

Forget about a particular religion. Focus on praying and meditating. If you do want to find a church, just go to a different one each week until you find one that fits, but this shouldn’t be a priority. Don’t listen to these edgelord atheists fags here, one day they will grow up.

Start with this:

newble.co.uk/anderson/silence/preface.html

>How do I become a Christian
idk, maybe fucking pray to jesus or some stupid crap, retard
whatever you do. just stop shitting up Jow Forums with even more cancer

Attached: 1568855274485.jpg (1000x1202, 659K)

You seem to be stupid

>The New Testament writings were collected by the bishops the apostles left in charge and copies made and kept by them. The list of 27 New Testament books was chosen by the Catholic Church, who retains nearly all of the oldest manuscripts of them
Your inner roman is fucking obvious. And of course the fucking pope would love everyone to skip all that until the fucking koolaid is drunk. Jesus quoted from the book of enoch. Further op is on fucking pol. Op can figure shit out on his own without help from a fucking international kike operations mediation. Failing to understand the books i mention will turn you into a mindless fucking drone while the priests and popes manipulate shit exactly cuz they got to brainwash you as to the historical context. Youre a fucking perfect specimin. And your Reddit spacing is faggot.

Usually I'd be right there with you user, but there's no chance I'll ever be an atheist again. Hard to explain without sounding mental, but I now know that God is real and now have to work out what I should do about it.
It's going to be really rough aswell because I'm known as a staunch atheist and if I was you, I'd probably be posting insults in the thread too.