It's a SIN to eat meat today!

Weekly reminder that Christians are NOT allowed to eat meat today, or on any Friday of the year except in a festivity. Fish, seafood, dairy and eggs are allowed.

This is not a dietary restriction based on the Old Law, but a penitence and a fast, practiced even by Our Lord Jesus Christ.

If you have already eaten meat today, try to abstain for the remainder of the day and keep that in mind for next Friday.

>Can. 1250 The penitential days and times in the universal Church are every Friday of the whole year and the season of Lent.

>Can. 1251 Abstinence from meat, or from some other food as determined by the Episcopal Conference, is to be observed on all Fridays, unless a solemnity should fall on a Friday. Abstinence and fasting are to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.

God bless us, everyone!

Attached: fish.jpg (474x474, 26K)

Fish is meat.

The pope can suck my balls

No, fish is fish. Meat is meat.

No man is without sin, that's the entire point of Jesus dying on the cross, why does Christianity make you so insecure? Jesus died for you, please don't reject him.

Attached: 22BFCD7F-E93B-40A0-8A12-8EF35D84BE6B.jpg (1024x633, 238K)

Vivat Jesu

Fish is meat.

Thanks for the reminder. Will try to do it every week from now on.

>being an christian fundy on Jow Forums

Isn’t fish 97% plastic now, just like our kids?

we need a christian general with bible verses daily

better go grab my filet-o-fish wouldn't want to upset god

Attached: 464373474374.png (485x443, 29K)

No, fish from Kazhastan is 100% fish.

Attached: E057402C-C3CF-4F36-A3CA-9859C24A7B3D.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Attached: GXWdZ4YVn.jpg (782x810, 146K)

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.

9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

The pope actually said it's ok to eat meat on Fridays in like the fucking 70's.

>Romans 14:1-5: As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. 2 One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. 3 Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. 4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master[a] that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. 9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

meat is murder

>Christians are NOT allowed to eat meat today, or on any Friday of the year except in a festivity
Christians aren't supposed to jerk it either but that never stopped me.

Just about to devour a whole chicken, bones and all.

U mad, huemonkey?

1-9*

The Pope cannot contradict the Code of Canon Law, which I quoted.

In America, the Episcopal Conference has made abstinence from meat on Fridays optional, but American Catholics are still required to make a fast of some kind regardless. They can simply choose the subject. It can be something like coffee, sweets, alcohol, chocolate, etc...

Do you serve the Pope or Jesus?

who cares

Jesus, of whom the Pope is the Vicar of.

No, brother. I hope you enjoy it, but that next week you can devour fish instead. God Bless.

>NOT allowed

Shut up.

fish is sea vegetable