>he wants $50 more a month
>I disagree, I attribute it to his new roommate
>I'm told to fuck off
>got 10 days
>look up workspaces: garages, storage units, etc
>nothing that allows woodwork is remotely affordable
>unless I up my prices
>up your prices and you lose to ikeA

Attached: P9280038-copy.jpg (1500x1092, 270K)

>be blue collar american worker
>have problem with owner/managers and making money fairly
>be right wing instead of commie
why are americans so retarded

Pay him $50 faggot.

You are using the electricity. Ask him if he will lower it if you stop running fans and keeping the lights on.

Haha you just fucked your whole life over 50 bucks

Buy a house with a garage, you dumb fuck
t. 2 car garage woodshop owner

Build one then mr wood worker

>>idiot owner
be owner of garage. idiot pleb non property owner thinks he can dictate to me what my reasonable costs are considering letting his dumb ass use half my garage for business doing wood working which puts me at a serious liability in the event of injury.

I think OP is jewish

Was it meant to store a boat or car and you turned it into your workshop?

should have secured the electricity in advance as part of your lease

>50 a month more makes you unprofitable

how shit are you at this?

Get a meter and pay the bill accurately.

Who rents "part" of a garage?
>side hustle
Ah, a nigger.

This

Get a meter for each outlet that connects the equipment.

This. Rent an industrial storage unit if you have to. You don't need commercial storefront space, just workshop space. That shit is plentiful and cheap if you look in the right area. Figure out what your ideal price per square foot you need, call a commercial real estate agent.

dumb nigger

>buy a house

Avg price of local house: 450k

They're all remote. And expensive.
Don't get enough orders and you're fucked.

Solution? Pay him $50.

Also why are you competing with Ikea? You should be making one off commissioned pieces for rich fags. There is a ton of money just in custom kitchen islands.

Sue him. Squatters rights, etc. Get an ID with it as your address.

Looks like it's time for you to move.

I have cousins who left the city for more rural parts and affordable housing, only now they can't find work...lmao. It's a horrible trade off.

It's the principle of it.
A few cordless tools and a saw are not driving up the electric costs that much.

So sell these people furniture. They aren't buying Ikea shit user.

Get a separate meter installed.

Another thing outpriced by Mexicunts.

Your fault for not signing a lease.

Do the Mexicans do better quality work than you?

>Individual craftsman
>Competing with Ikea
You're doing it very wrong.

I asked. They all want cash in hand through an informal agreement so they can throw you out whenever they like.

Still your fault.

Not really. The cabinetry they're in is pretty basic. They're typically one well paid boomer with $10/hr fags beneath him.

tell him you will give blow jobs for every $50 increase in electricity.

nah... hes mexican.

In that case you have to start making more money.

>Avg price of local house: 450k

go back to mexico dude.

So what's the problem? Richfag's wife Stacy is interested in the quality and originality, not the low price. They want something their neighbors can't get. You shouldn't be competing with mexicans in that market, your skill should speak for itself.

>Get an ID with it as your address.

not possible without utility bill under your name. OP clearly shares the utility bill with owner.

>your skill should speak for itself.

it already did. he cant afford a $50 increase in electricity bill.

OP post an example of your work.

Jej

pay him the $50/mo., stay positive, and make it a priority to find a better option, whatever that is.
learn the lessons from what happened here and move forward.

you should kill yourself

Sounds like it

>Richfag's wife Stacy is interested in the quality

stacy was not happy with the size not quality. OPs grinder is stoo small.

ROFLMAO

srsly
>running a side business, let's assume at least 15 hrs/wk if he's a lazy fuck
>profit is less than $50/month

Your housing problems are not politics faggot

Attached: 1518762295939.jpg (745x633, 80K)

rent is a jewish trick meant to push people like you back in line

This, then install a separate meter in the garage. You shouldn’t be running that equipment on the house box anyway.

OP, here.
That's not it. I can pay it. It was the fact that I disagreed with him.

>15 hrs/wk if he's a lazy fuck
>profit is less than $50/month

you assume 15hr/wk multiplied by 3wk/mo is 45hrs/month. is OP making salad bowls?

>not payibg something meand you cant afford it

Hey user, mind paypaling me 5000$? Youre not too poor to afford that, arent you?

>It was the fact that I disagreed with him.

then prove it before you complain about it. right now it is his word against yours. also, if you have not noticed. you will not get sympathy here if you are too lazy to calculate your actual usage.

>can't afford $50 measly dollars a month
Why even run a side hustle... What's even the point of this thread? Showing your stupidity and lack of foresight. Before arguing at him about the price you should have looked at all your cards, Seen other options now you're left with nothing. Good job dummy.

Attached: pooh.jpg (240x222, 7K)

Sell your twink ass on Grindr for extra income

>this

If I were the owner I would throw you out for running a business out of my garage that could put my property in danger. All this fucker wants us 50 dollars

>install a separate meter in the garage.

OP cant afford $50. how do you think he can afford to hire an electrician to install a separate meter in the garage? not to mention the inspection fee and the owner has to agree to a separate meter. most likely OP is paying under the table and his landlord is not declaring the partial garage rental. that is why OP cannot complain to the local housing authority about the dispute.

If your side hustle nets you more then 200 dollars a month just pay the 50. If the side hustle makes you less then 100 dollars a month then stop doing it.

Also most second meters have a $30-$40 monthly minimum.

>communism is free money lmao
First post worst post.

OP post some of your work I need to know if you have any talent.

>could put my property in danger

his home owners insurance could be cancelled too.

This guy gets it.
Also, running a circular saw and charging a power drill can't possibly be that expensive.
I also began work around the same time a new roommate moved in; that guy has a studio within the duplex. How is the owner not connecting the dots? Just feels like he wants his garage back.

he might as well pay the $50 like everyone else is saying. stubborn as he is.

You jew nigger spic.

It is $50 fucking dollars.

Well within the realms or reason for electricity.

Be a white man and pay your share man.

Are you even collecting saw dust? Maybe you're destroying his garage.

I already pay $500 a month for the space. It's not like I'm living there.

I saw wood outside. I clean everyday.

This is the best option.

This sounds like a interpersonal problem, OP. You’re going to have to get better at these if you hope to run a successful business.

You need to take a step back in these situations and say, “give me a night to sleep on this”.

Over night, you could have done the math and proved him wrong, or saw how much an alternative rental that allows woodworking costs.

Don’t let emotion prevent you from making good, rational decisions.

I actually raised this as an option. He didn't want a separate meter.

Then he just wants you out.

RENTING IS FOR SUCKERS...own your own shit

Also, you give the other person the advantage in any transaction where you’re unprepared. Always stall for time; 9/10 people are reasonable and will give you time to think.

>feels like he wants his garage back.

bingo. end of story. you have no recourse.

>unironically thinking ownership is an option in an American city that isn't Detroit.

What about lighting? And you say it's not driving up electric use 'that much' but an additional $1.65 a day is about $50 a month. If you're there for 40 hours or more a week I can easily see you spending more than enough electricity in a month for the homeowner to notice. Let's say $0.31 per hour for 160 hours.
Also Ikea furniture is cheap particle board crap made in a factory. If you're making decent handmade furniture with decent wood you can't compete with Ikea on price. You're supposed to be targeting a higher class of consumer.

As a side job you wouldn't use $50 in electricity, unless you had a heater or AC.

OP is starting up. you cant buy everything you need. thats bad business plan.

I use natural light. It's a garage.

>heater or AC

oh yeah. does OP have/use heating or a/c in the garage? could make a huge difference in the situation. but OP seems to be holding out on important details. i feel like we are all being trolled by OP.

>Also, running a circular saw and charging a power drill can't possibly be that expensive.
My table and circular saws run 15 amps each, that's 1800 watts. I can air condition the house with the power meter's wheel spinning when I'm running either.

Don't have a heater.
I use fan on occasion. And I'm not there every day. Like 3-4 days a week of work.

How long does the cutting take?

Retard, i hope your life goes down the shitter.

maybe OP can resort to using a gas generator. or try to do things the old fashioned way. no power tools just to prove his landlord wrong.

>What about lighting? And you say it's not driving up electric use 'that much' but an additional $1.65 a day is about $50 a month. If you're there for 40 hours or more a week I can easily see you spending more than enough electricity in a month for the homeowner to notice. Let's say $0.31 per hour for 160 hours.

Well lets do some math!

Your standard fluorescent bulb runs 25W if you have a well lit area with 8 bulbs is 200W. At $0.25kWh and 20 hours a week, you have 80hrs at 200W that's 16kWh at $0.25 is $4 a month in lighting. If he was working full time (40hrs) that's $8 a month in lighting. If he's only putting in 5hrs on the weekend that's $2 a month.

You would need 6.6kWh a day to be $1.65 a day at $0.25kWh, which is 30x25W bulbs for 8 hours.

>How long does the cutting take?

are you serious? you claim to do wood work and dont know how much cutting is needed to make furniture?

you guys are calculating just the cost of lighting which OP says is natural light in the garage. the power tools are what eats up electricity.

How much were you making with this side hustle? I just started wood work as a hobbie.

challenge him to a judical duell over it.

>the power tools are what eats up electricity.
To be $50 at $0.25kWh that's 200kWh.
A fairly standard table saw is 15amps. 15amps x 120V x 1 PF = 1,800W.
200/1.8 = 111hr of max load running a table saw to cost $50.

His actual costs are closer to $5 if he's working with lots of tools and doing it full time.

Attached: e7e.jpg (932x960, 101K)

If you are competing with IKEA you are doing it wrong. You can't beat mass produced trash in price. You can only beat it in attention to detail, customization at the request of the client and quality.

>challenge him to a judical duell over it.

i was gonna suggest OP threaten to tell the IRS of undeclared income by the landlord for not declaring the rental of the garage. lol.

>Avg price of local house: 450k
you're full of shit
fuck this thread im out

>buy empty plot of land
>put steel framed building on it
There you go

I assume that an user that fought over $50 a month does not have the capital to buy anything and so should you.