Why do European flags still have crosses if no one believes in Christianity anymore?

Why do European flags still have crosses if no one believes in Christianity anymore?

Attached: 1542819454180.jpg (395x400, 51K)

Why does Argentina have white in their flag if no one there is white?

/thread

Fuck off sheep shagger

What do you mean no one believes anymore? Also in the Fatherland's case the flag cross comes from the fact that Finland is classified as a Christian nation in the constitution.

Why does Finland have blue in their flag if no one there is da ba dee da ba die?

FPBP

Danish and Swedish one are crusader flags. Other Nordic flags are post-independence redesigns of these.

British flag is actually the Star of Moloch

Crosses are cool bro

Because they DID believe in Christianity when the made the flag dumbass faggot

Attached: 1559045869763.jpg (258x195, 9K)

Technically they claim the flags came down from heaven

Lmao thats bullshit.
Also iirc there was a movement to remove cross from Swedish flag

the cross in the Scandinavian flags was not (originally) Christian; it was the old Sun Cross, the pagan "life cross", the norse Sun Rune. The colours in the flags represent the noble families and tribes that dominated at the time the flags came into general use, some thousand years ago.
>b-but The Raven Banner?
The Raven Banner was never a national, or tribal, flag as such; it was the war standard of The Danes, just like "The Confederate Flag" was actually never the national flag of the American South, but it's war standard, whereas the national flag of said confederacy was The Star & Bars.

Fuck

>there was a movement to remove cross from Swedish flag
no, there was a Jow Forums spread fake news rumour about removing the cross, it was never an actual thing; just like the notion that the runes would be forbidden to display in Sweden, just internet bullshit and shitposting.

Change crosses to pagan flags

Attached: 15A6E2D0-5AF5-487C-AB9B-2516B41E26F0.jpg (1073x722, 39K)

>the cross in the Scandinavian flags was not (originally) Christian; it was the old Sun Cross, the pagan "life cross", the norse Sun Rune.
Ok I didn't know that

I believe in saints.

Attached: tatuaje.jpg (600x600, 80K)

Lol

I strongly doubt that, I been to Sweden and pretty much every house has a flag-pole there. It is basically state mandate to fly the flags on officially marked days. I think only New Zeeland has had a serious debate on changing the flag

Sun crosses are what you find on the flags with even-sided crosses, but Nordic crosses are Christian in origin. Your flag is a literal crusader flag that got adopted as a national flag later

not many people, even amongst the Norse, know this; because the cross today is solely connected to Christianity, and the when The Old North was Christianized, many old customs, symbols and holy places were appropriated into Christianity; amongst these our flags. The Raven Banner though, is still seen as fully pagan.. after all, it was first flown by Regnar Lodbrog (or Ragnar Lothbrok, if you prefer) and his sons when they went into battle.

Oh right I forgot that Canada voted to change their flag

Attached: dick cleaner.gif (1280x640, 155K)

+ = Cross = infidel

Attached: 20190920_232208.png (274x182, 77K)

the sun cross banner of old Scandinavia were, as I stated, appropriated into Christianity and modified for this use, and yes -they were used by the crusaders too. But their origin is fully pagan.

What you are thinking of is the St. George Cross

They look cool

Attached: 2pz9w9e5mzz11 (1).jpg (432x768, 34K)

based

Attached: flag.png (1063x650, 127K)

Not with those proportions. These flags are actually meant to hang vertically, which makes it very clear that it is a Christian cross. On a pagan cross all sides are equally long, otherwise it is not a sun symbol

>doesn't list the Greek flag, where Christianity is the major religion with about 80%

>Not with those proportions
correct; hence the word "modified". I'm talking about the origins, no one disputes that the flags are Christian in nature today, but originally they were pagan.

For reference, this is what a pagan cross looks like, it is not the same

Attached: 480px-Cross-Pattee-Heraldry.svg.png (480x480, 8K)

Hmm okay sure, of course the Christian cross would be pagan in origin since it was a Roman execution device

why Satanists claim this cross

Attached: 1200px-Peter's_Cross.svg.png (1200x1680, 6K)

Because reversing something is the most obvious form to show rejection

They dont, nobody uses that cross as a satanist.

I agree. They all need crescent moons

Christian Democratic Union of Germany . CDU

Attached: images.jpg (486x630, 32K)

>Iron Cross
well, I'm sure it's origin is pagan.. but the design was derived from the cross pattée of the Teutonic Order, so in contemporary context it is also Christian.
valid point, I never thought of that.

because they love to troll.

Because we're waiting for the inevitable last crusade.

because the flags haven't changed in centuries

fpbp

edgy "spiritual atheist" LaVeyan Satanist and weirdo turbo psychotic True Dark & Grim Devil Worshippers used it a lot when I was young in the early 90's.

fucking leaf lol

Because they make good targets

But they werent actual satanist only larping to give their teenage audience a means to rebel from their parents.

Not to worry, it's bollocks seeing as these nations didn't exist before Christianity; as seen on national flags, they are in fact Christian crosses (in some cases with older roots, but the cross is such a basic symbol, it really could be anything)

true, that is true. One could argue that the Vargonian, church burning black metal satanists were more "true"; but in the end they were just idiots.

You forgot one

Attached: Reichsflagge.jpg (280x180, 10K)

>these nations didn't exist before Christianity
bruh.. Denmark, Sweden and Norway are referred to by ancient scribes. The earliest mention of a territory called "Denmark" is found in King Alfred the Great's modified translation into Old English of Paulus Orosius' Seven Books of History Against The Pagans ("Historiarum adversum Paganos Libri Septem"), written by Alfred when king of Wessex in the years 871–899.

Mentions of the tribes, Danes, Jutes, Swedes, Goths (Geats) and Heruli alongside Cimbri, Teutones, Ambrones etc. are older still. Denmark as a country existed well before the Christianization of The Danes, and The Danes as a people existed well before Christianity itself.

I have to agree with you the cross a was symbol used before the christian belief.

Crows besides being the pet birds of the chief of any Indo-European pantheon were also a representation of the sun.

Because the first Roman Bishop(pope) was hung on it.

Attached: 2000px-Flag_of_the_Basque_Country.svg.png (2000x1120, 15K)