What defines the 2010s?

What defines the 2010s?

Attached: faf.jpg (1400x700, 105K)

Nothing, 2011 was wildly different from 2019, like a different era

Attached: 73917be72797385250683069832d7112.jpg (1080x1350, 132K)

Refugee crisis

omnipresent technology is one of them

A decade where we all waited around for something to happen, but nothing ever happened

Obama giving birth to ISIS

Jow Forums
online videogames
reeeing

social media, an "always connected" culture via smartphones, snark and cynicism, insistence on being "special", political correctness finally at the forefront, and civil unrest from 2016 onwards that's probably going to spill well into the 2020s.

This, the culture of a decade usually isn't defined until you're a few years into it. I wanna say around Gamergate in 2014 is when things shifted.

funny how all that unrest appeared out of nowhere once DJT was elected... you're forgetting the riots under BHO?

>mumford and sons culture built on formulaic nostalgia, acoustic instruments, movie remakes
>memes especially image macros and gifs going mainstream
>indecipherable political fractures with odd names that people will struggle to learn about in history classes
>ecstasy and coke

underdog winners

>rural and suburban retards making one last stand before being crushed for goods by globalism and shitskins.

Clown world

Meme culture

Mental retardation

Robert Redford lookin' ass

Attached: inCollage_20190920_193857352.jpg (3416x1920, 3.67M)

social justice warriors

Ai Shinozaki

The decade globalist US politicians decided to kick deliberate US decline into overdrive.

Consumerism as a religion and materialism

I guess I’d forgotten Ferguson, but that’s the only one that comes to mind. You can’t say it was nearly as loud under Obama, Trump unequivocally opened the floodgates when he defied the expectations of the political establishment, the media, and half of the country - they’ve been screaming ever since.

>nigger music
>memes
>pewdiepie
>minions
>social media/mobile apps

Consumerism has been a religion since the 80s at least in most of the world. It has been American religion since the early 60s.

2010’s the era where mass media realized they fucked up by letting the internet go uncontrolled for too long

Obama = Osama

Reddit

I agree user. it's still a defining characteristic of society. Is it not?

Tech is that new frontier of the 21st century that has become the consumerist moloch do you not agree?