Can anyone give me a recap on Russian history?

I'm confused with all the smaller states like Kievan Rus', Novgorod Republic, Grand Duchy of Moscow etc. Also, since when is Russia considered a single entity? From 862 or from 1547?

Attached: napoleon-invades-russia.jpg (620x349, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/video/index/383057/the-best-71-second-animation-youll-watch-today/
journals.openedition.org/estetica/2525
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russkaya_Pravda),
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Veles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ossian,
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorian_Dołęga-Chodakowski
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wawrzyniec_Surowiecki
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Naruszewicz
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Józef_Maksymilian_Ossoliński
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Christian_Slavic_writing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coptic_alphabet
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kievan Rus is not Russia. However Russians like to claim heritage from them, even though they are from Muscovy region.

Also Russian history can beat be summarized as imperialist and barbarian, with everyone near them hating them for obvious reasons

>t. butthurt shill

>smaller states like Kievan Rus', Novgorod Republic, Grand Duchy of Moscow etc
What?
>when is Russia considered a single entity?
What do you mean?

This. Every single Romanian, Pole, Lithuanian, Estonian, Latvian, etc. I’ve met all hate Russians and described them as worse than Germans during WW2

>t. Dumbfuck

theatlantic.com/video/index/383057/the-best-71-second-animation-youll-watch-today/

Anyone got the Russian edit of this where they pretend the Sisyphus guy is russia and the castle is Europe lol

What is there to be butthurt about? We defeated USSR and Russia is nothing but a post-Soviet shithole

Dry your tears, incel

But, didn't the Kievan Rus' include Muscovy? Because the initial territory of Muscovy is inside the Kievan Rus' eastern territories. And Muscovy came about from Vladimir-Suzdal, which was one of the most important successors of Kievan Rus', along with Novgorod.

I mean, since when is Russia considered to be Russia? From 862, when the Kievan Rus' was established, or 1547, when the Tsardom of Russia was established?

Amerimutts can't into history because 'Murica is 200 years old and has no authentic culture of its own.

Attached: cockhole detected.jpg (588x399, 88K)

Here's a brief history of r*ssia
>raped by viking
>raped by mongols
>raped by poles
>raped by turks
>raped by USA
God bless and goodbye.

this

Кaкиe жe кaклы дeгeнepaты, пиздeц пpocтo.

Modern Muscovy was created after destruction of Kievan Rus with Mongol/Khan overlords.

Neither does Russia, which involves colonizing lands not their own

The term "Ρωσία" (Pѡcїѧ) has been used by the rulers of Moscow since about the 15th century. There was no "official" establishment, just in fact.
"Officially" the Russian Empire was proclaimed on October 22, 1721.

Oн хoхoл

Attached: hohol detected.jpg (1200x1852, 751K)

>Can anyone give me a recap on Russian history?

Raped by Mongolian hordes. Raped by Germany.

How do you know for certain he’s a hoh and not one of the other millions of ethnicities that had enough of Russia’s shit? You’re universally hated by everyone

Thats a good question, but usually it's cockholes who get triggered by this particular topic.
I mean their shithole has no history on it's own and everything they do know comes from Russian sources so they have nigger-tier complex and constantly we-wuz us

Butthurt beltoids aren't "everyone"

Doesn't the term Russia derive from "Rus'" though? And Byzantines always referred to Kievan Rus' as "Ρωσσία", that is from the 862, when they first encountered them.

Russian history is pretty simple: they cycle between being "behind" and being modern. Russia never really became "Russia" until recently, as said.

I know, officially is what the Russian user says? But practically, aren't they characterised as "Russians" since the 860s, from the Kievan Rus' and the RUS' people?

Not even Russians know how to describe their history.

Russians think that the heart of their country is in Kiev, as the capital of the Rus, while Ukrainians think that Russians are somebody separate who were formed in Northern parts of Ruthenia. Then the other major part of Ruthenia was the Novgorod Republic, but it was conquered by Moscow in 15. century. So it's all a big shitshow with nobody knowing who is who.

>Can anyone give me a recap on Russian history?
One day,long AGO, there was bear, you see bear was always hungry and cold so he decided to build house, other bears say you crazy blyat why no use cave? This made bear angry and said I show you all, so he fuck a woman had half bear children and built not only house but whole empire, he then got very drunk and started dancing, it was on this day the cold wastes became Russia!

Attached: Rossiya – svyashchennaya nasha derzhava.jpg (369x438, 62K)

Everyone knows who is who. Prior to 20th century "Russian" meant East Slav. Thanks to WW1 and Bolsheviks now we have shitshow that is called Ukraine, just like Bulgarians for example have "Macedonia" and Romanians have their Moldova.

True story

There are other interpretations. That "russki" is a different word that "rossisky" or something like that.

>Thanks to WW1 and Bolsheviks now we have shitshow that is called Ukraine
It's more complex than that: journals.openedition.org/estetica/2525

>Both in Western Europe and in Russia Second scholasticism became “a zone of cultural exclusion”. However prevalence of Second scholasticism in Orthodox schools of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth concurred with making up of the Ukrainian cultural originality and in many respects defined characteristic features of the Ukrainian mentality.

Ukraine and Belarus are different from Russia because of union with Poland.

>derive
Yes, derive. But this is not exactly the same thing. Romania derive from Roma (SPQR). The land of the people "Rus" was called by the Greeks "Ρωσία", and in the 15-16 century the word returned to us as "Russia". This is something like an exonym (Ρωσία) appeared from an endonym (Pycь) and returned again as an endonym (Poccия/Russia).

heres recent spark notes

Attached: 1495787596641.jpg (640x887, 209K)

Things were bad, then they got worse.

>Let me guide you how things are really was and also you should read dat greentext from noname poland IPN historian point of view
Ok

Attached: y-zMT-c4VlA.jpg (1200x752, 277K)

Novgorods were created by Swedish Vikings.

POLISH LITHUANIAN RUSSIAN COMMONWEALTH WHEN??????????????????????

Attached: 15603476701750.jpg (512x512, 45K)

This sounds accurate.

Russia was a loose confederacy of nomads until one day the art of distilling vodka was discovered. With an iron fist the first czar was able to unite the tribes as he cornered the market on hard liquor. Then some jews came along and got all of the peasants riled up in a drunken stupor which allowed them to install a communist dictatorship. After that ran its course and collapsed our lord and savior Vladimir Putin rode into town on his mighty steed taking everything back from the jews that swindled the now drunken and opiate addicted masses forming the world's new super power.

Attached: Putin.jpg (728x546, 86K)

What? This is a russian academic from Petersburg.

So, basically, you were always called Russians. But you were unified into a single entity in the 16th century.

When in doubt, throw the bodies of 50,000 serfs at the problem

This would make Christendom unstoppable.

No it wasn't always called Russia or Rossia. Peter the great used this term first when he announced it an empire 18th century. They even didn't use russian language they spoke old Slavic, russian language became official in the 19's century when Pushkin wrote the first book in russian.

Golden Age during Catherine's reign. She happened to have great restrictions on jews.

Romanov dynasty were white af and restricted jews as well, although to a lesser degree.

Jews were always behind the scenes trying to start revolts.

All sovereign rulers had alliances with Prussia and Germany.

All communist rulers went to war with them.

Nicholas II was a poor tactician during WWI, so the government was overnthrown and Stalin and his jews moved in.

Facts.

>So, basically, you were always called Russians. But you were unified into a single entity in the 16th century.
Conditionally, yes. Some lands of the so-called "Kievan Rus" became part of the Polish-Lithuanian state and were "returned" only by the Russian Empire in the 18th century. This is about "single entity ".

Clarification. I do not consider “Kievan Rus” (this term is used only by modern historians) as a real state. It is rather a shaky confederation of warriors-princes, cities and dependent tribes. The rulers of Kiev tried to copy the Byzantine institutions (as a single right en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russkaya_Pravda), but little came of it. So date 862 is rather part of the legend.

>tyrant
>russia grows
>famine
>war
>russia shrinks
Repeat ad infinitum

Romanovs were German ancestry. Russian empire had a lot of peasant revolts. Also there was a Decemberist revolt no one of them was a Jew. But yes Jews couldn't own land in RE.

>russian language became official in the 19's century when Pushkin wrote the first book in russian.

Hah, no. Modern Russian Language was formed thanks to Pushkin and after him. It’s not that he officially created it. "Russian Grammar" was written by Lomonosov in 1755, for that matter.
Well, in general, language is a living environment, and Pushkin’s language no longer seems so modern.

Are there any significant pre-christian remnants of culture in Russia, like say, Edda in Iceland? In Poland we practically don't have anything slavic.

Haven't a lot of letters before 1755 been removed? You had a lot more letters, many of which were pagan in origin, before 860.

I agree. I also don't agree that Kievan Rus' was a single entity. It was, as you've said a confederation of various East Slavic (Russian) states ruled by a Grand Prince in Kyiv.

we are all Russian until 1917

Attached: 57247140_640728176350231_8844059914802733501_n.jpg (1080x810, 98K)

No, nothing like Edda. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Veles is almost certainly a fake of the 20th century. Like en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ossian, only it is poorly written.
Epics refer to the times of the 10-12th century, the Word about Igor's Regiment (if this is not a fake) is the 12th century.
Apparently, the Slavs historical memory began to form later.
By the way, I read the Russian translation of Gallus Anonymous "Gesta principum Polonorum".

>By the way, I read the Russian translation of Gallus Anonymous "Gesta principum Polonorum".
Read Wincenty Kadłubek's chronicle - he created the polish nation.

>Haven't a lot of letters before 1755 been removed?
Yes, the reform of Peter I in 1708-1710. This is his sketch, he wanted to bring the Russian alphabet closer to the Latin.

Attached: 425.jpg (630x1017, 103K)

pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorian_Dołęga-Chodakowski

pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wawrzyniec_Surowiecki

pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Naruszewicz

pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Józef_Maksymilian_Ossoliński

Walenty Majewski - Skorochód

Those people are precursors of attempts to reintroduce/create slavic, pre-christian culture, in the spirit of german pagan romanticism, but they didn't have similar influence. In general, there are dozens of polish books from 18. century and early 19. century but aren't translated or re-issued. Shame, because a lot of them are interesting stuff.

>You had a lot more letters, many of which were pagan in origin, before 860.
Pagan in origin? I doubt.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Christian_Slavic_writing
To my knowledge, no exact examples have been found. Although maybe some runes were used, since the Scandinavians had them.

And what was the influence of Vikings on Russia? Russians usually say that Vikings were simply assimilated by Ruthenians, but did they establish some form of politics that was different from other Slavs?

>Wincenty Kadłubek's chronicle
It seems to be translated into Russian only partially. I don’t know Latin and Polish, maybe there is an English translation. But thanks, I'll see later.

>be villager
>killed by viking
>300 years later, be villager
>killed by mongol horse archer
>200 years later, be villager
>killed by vampire
>100 years later, be villager
>killed by czar
>drink
>100 years later, killed by czar's grandson
>killed by czar
>drink
>killed by czar
>killed by communists
>20 years later, killed by nazis
>15 years later, killed by KGB
>move to city, work in factory
>drink
>buy dashcam
>post on pol

Well, like this:
Ѧ
Ѭ
Ѩ
Ѯ
Ѱ
S
Ѡ

Some are pagan (clearly more ancient than the Rus' state) and some are straight off Greek.

By Vikings I doubt it. The Rurikids and Varangians were Vikings but were quickly assimilated by the East Slavs, as they were very little in number. As for Mongols, that's a meme. They were killed, but not interbred or raped the Russians.

The rest are correct. Basically. Even though the Tsars did way less than commies.

>ice niggers settle in tribes in shitty ass northern land nobody wants so they can fuck horses and make potato wine in peace
>Russia gets their horsefuckers together and dab on Napoleon by just waiting for Christmas time and burning their own cities and villages to starve them
>Russia falls behind, but one of their leaders steals all the technology for them from other countries by posing as a tourist because nobody really recognized him
>Cathrine the Great fucks horses
>Stalin gets surprise attacked by Hitler and he mopes in his room for a fucking week like a pussy when he should've been backstabing him first
>Germany acts like a shit and Russia uses it as an excuse to anex Finland, but Finland shits on Russia
>Russia wins World War 2 by spamming infantry so when they blew up their guts clogged all of Germany's guns and they had to surrender
>Gorbechov snags the throne and dabs on Communism
>kinda just sits there and sells vodka and AK-47's to every terrorist organization around them in exchange for not having their economy collapse

>And what was the influence of Vikings on Russia?
Varangian. It was. That’s all you can say for sure. No one will say for sure the percentage of Scandinavians among these Varangians (I suspect that it is more than 50%, but not all), it seems that the beginning of the boat and ax was more important than ethnic origin.
>Russians usually say that Vikings were simply assimilated by Ruthenians, but did they establish some form of politics that was different from other Slavs?
Most likely. Since such things that were in Ireland, England or Iceland, we do not observe. It seems that already in the second or third generation they were completely assimilated with the locals. Russia looked more at Byzantium and the Bulgarian kingdom in search of an example, and not at Scandinavia.
In particular, I don’t know what "some form of politics that was different from other Slavs" were in Russia, so that it could be attributed to the Varangians.

I’m not sure that some are directly “pagan”. Monks could modify Greek letters or even invent their own "out of the head" for specific Slavic sounds.
Funny, here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coptic_alphabet seems to me very "Old Russian" in appearance.

You know what’s fucked up vlad? You’re right. American whites all come from lineages that turned their backs on their homelands. Now, some worthless inbred sandnigger gets to claim a false right to shit up my ancestral homeland while kikes and poltards alike all tell me that I’m not Anglo, I’m “””american””” simply because I was born on some dead tree nigger’s mound. Nevermind that my family maintained our genetic line ever since our geographical betrayal. Nevermind the achievements of the many, many knights who served directly under many an English king.

I’m ethnically pure, but I’ll never escape this mystery meat identity thanks to kikes.

Attached: FA46C532-F3F1-42C2-9A93-4D43CB9B520A.jpg (199x250, 5K)

Kievan Rus had Kiev at its center, although Russians will seethe and deny this. Moscow is first mentioned historically in the 13th century, shortly before the Mongol invasion of Eastern Europe.
The Russian Empire was founded by Ivan the Terrible in the early 16th century shortly after the break up of the Mongol Empire.

Based and Anglopilled !
1776 was a mistake, time to return home. The Queen will understand and forgive.

>Kievan Rus had Kiev at its center, although Russians will seethe and deny this.
I didn’t hear anyone deny it.
“Kiev is the mother of Russian cities,” we taught in school. (Although "Kiev" is a male grammatical gender, it should be "father".)
Just by the time of the Mongol invasion, Kiev had almost lost its political significance, although it was recognized as the "first throne."

Too bad the “royal” family had been corrupted by an oil drilling ginger kike.
I wonder if coming from a lineage of knights (Cheshire archers) gives me any claim to the throne

Attached: C6366C3C-3E8E-49F4-98A5-5769C9BDB920.jpg (482x539, 65K)

I have no doubt. The closest relatives of Richard III are found, it seems, in Canada.
It is time to drive the usurpers back to their Hanover and return the Throne to the true heirs of King Arthur. Or Elendil.

Attached: Return of the King.jpg (1280x534, 57K)

Misery.

>1776 was a mistake, time to return home. The Queen will understand and forgive.
Then they should go to Canada, which was created by the French and American loyalists.

Not to mention that Canada, with its cold weather and darkness is a natural place for Whites, as opposed to sunny America.

agreed

Attached: apparently ho ho ho.jpg (265x231, 11K)

Well, if 300 million amers move to Canada, then those will have to build a wall. And very fast.

All anglos are fags, sorry retard

Doesn't 'Rus' mean red?