Is Apocalypse Now what started the degeneracy?

First true anti war movie, worships drugs, worships killing, lots of foul language, ultra long, confusing, bullshit ending. So was it?

Attached: DA909A52-09CA-46AF-BB57-45389273A06E.jpg (860x484, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu8J0Bfboj-9jPiDaTLk8Hr5vMnW22Fxo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why was it confusing to you Muhammad?

The thing about anti war movies
Is they are pro war movies to young guys interested in war

this a very good point

It's such a boring film.

What year were you born Hans? That was the start of the degeneracy. Like the anti-christ had risen

>ultra long, confusing, bullshit ending

Attached: 1514555978838.png (190x266, 5K)

>talmudvision
go back to your containment board jew

I'm pretty sure you can find older examples here:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu8J0Bfboj-9jPiDaTLk8Hr5vMnW22Fxo

>First true anti war movie
what about die brücke and johnny got his gun?

What about All Quiet on the Western Front?

Hippies couldn’t handle the jungle

>first anti war movie
lel

It wasn’t patriotic.

Wrong

did you watch the original theater cut (superior) or the extended redux version?

Boomers are only concerned with their generation and what they grew up with. No wonder they're all zionist and legally braindead about questioning it

Yeah, it was the 70s for sure.

>commander goes rogue and stops following orders
>US government wants him terminated
>captain willard executes the orders of his country
what wasnt patriotic about it?

This
I thought All Quiet on the Western Front was badass

Paths of Glory (1957). Faggot OP

Attached: paths-of-glory-execution.jpg (1600x900, 182K)

It’s a good movie, you’re just retarded

>Be German
>Did degeneracy start in 1979?

God, you really are a lost nation. Look up cabaret.

Attached: cabaret.png (600x477, 349K)

no, because hippies started appearing around the sixties.

Explain the ending

>thinks cinema has a meaningful cultural effect
t. Brainlet

Read heart of darkness you bookless nigger

It's such a boring post.

Attached: 1567609028502.jpg (2000x1646, 970K)

The thing is, a culture is only worth as much as its ability to sustain, withstand and ultimately repel degeneracy. Look at what happened in the 1930s, after the degenerate 1920s. Thinking that degeneracy started in the 70s is dumb; degeneracy appeared before, but the difference is that before, we could repel it. In the 70s, WE failed because WE couldn't repel it in time. Have some pride, white man. We could have ended this fourty years ago before Apocalypse Now even came out. We had the muscle, just that stupid boomers didn't have the backbone to pull it off.

Now, AN is a very good movie, not my fault some manbabies can't shield their opinions about society from a moving picture. If you're confident about what you stand for, so-called propaganda has no effect on you, unless you're a woman, of course.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (220x220, 361K)

You didnt understand apocalypse now. It may seem anti war if you are unable the message its trying to convey at the end, which will only confuse you unless you have read the source material. The source material is about a guy who goes into the centre of africa up a river during the colonial error when the savage area was getting explored for the first time. Apocalypse now is just an adaptation for a modern audience.

I recommend you read it. "the heart of darkness" by conrad, an amazing book imo and not too long. The book isnt about colonialism, more about how an envronment can twist a man, especially in the face of horror. You could see the film trying to convey the same message but its just too hard to do so through film, so it could come off as anti war for those who havent read the source material.

cinema can create false memories

I have
There's a lot of takes on it, mine involves metaphysics. What does the ending represent if it's so fucking obvious?

American soldiers didn’t go rogue, it is a ridiculous notion

Compared to the utter piles of literal shit Hollywood puts out now a days Apocalypse Now is a shining star of pure cinematic genius

>colonial error

Is that before or after the colonial 404?

Also, I have read Heart if Darkness and Apocalypse Now is pretty much only “loosely based” on it and includes a shitton of clusterfuckery.

fort hood shooting. an muslim army major killed 13 soldiers and wounded ~30 others. his actions werent apart of any SOP. he went rogue like colonel kurtz

The "heart of darkness is about the woes of colonialism" take is so fucking braindead. I can't believe this shit is taught at a college level; it's completely missing the entire direction of the book. It's taking the skin of the higher idea, and assuming that's the main message, like if all someone got out of Don Quixote was that he was crazy and Sancho was funny

It also started the pile of garbage they make today.

No, he didn’t go “rogue like Kurtz”, he didn’t at all. Just a run off the mill amok shooting.

It's obviously fiction. Men were constantly going AWOL but usually to bang hookers in Saigon. It's not a stretch to think that some MIA actually did something similar to Kurtz, if perhaps less extreme.

neither complied with us army sop. they both went rogue.

This thread is a fucking monument to kraut giga autism.

Attached: 1566182003845.gif (462x321, 966K)

this. he sums up the book pretty nicely with a story of how the romans may have felt rolling up the thames for the first time. The meaning of the book could be seen here from the beginning.

“I was thinking of very old times, when the Romans first came here, nineteen hundred years ago... Imagine the feelings of a commander of a fine trireme in the Mediterranean, ordered suddenly to the north; run overland across the Gauls in a hurry; put in charge of one of these craft the legionaries—a wonderful lot of handy men they must have been, too—used to build, apparently by the hundred, in a month or two, if we may believe what we read. Imagine him here—the very end of the world, a sea the colour of lead, a sky the colour of smoke, a kind of ship about as rigid as a concertina—and going up this river with stores, or orders, or what you like. Sand-banks, marshes, forests, savages,—precious little to eat fit for a civilized man, nothing but Thames water to drink. No Falernian wine here, no going ashore. Here and there a military camp lost in a wilderness, like a needle in a bundle of hay—cold, fog, tempests, disease, exile, and death—death skulking in the air, in the water, in the bush. They must have been dying like flies here.... Land in a swamp, march through the woods, and in some inland post feel the savagery, the utter savagery, had closed round him—all that mysterious life of the wilderness that stirs in the forest, in the jungles, in the hearts of wild men. There's no initiation either into such mysteries. He has to live in the midst of the incomprehensible, which is also detestable. And it has a fascination, too, that goes to work upon him. The fascination of the abomination—you know, imagine the growing regrets, the longing to escape, the powerless disgust, the surrender, the hate."

The degeneracy always starts when jews get too much say, too much control to make such movies.

which reminds me of

Attached: 1560962283759.png (2760x720, 185K)

>He's never read Heart of Darkness
you're never gonna make it, brainlet

Attached: 1507428132684.png (586x578, 37K)