Why are teachers put on a pedestal?

why are teachers put on a pedestal?

most of the ones I have met are often just ones who studied a fluff subject and then realised that they were actually going to need a job after this so they went onto teaching.

Attached: 57ef4b2dc6b2278152684658832460f3.jpg (2034x1019, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_um69RqBpSw
youtube.com/watch?v=aAir6inas-I
youtube.com/watch?v=W3Pee7yJ7xU
youtube.com/watch?v=eeEWPbTad_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=DWWk1Plf5Ak
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trivium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because they have some amount of control over what children think and believe. they've built themselves a pedestal over the last few generations.

It's so you can pay them about the same rate as food service and they don't complain. It's a benefit.

School in America is mostly a day-care. If you do not receive an education from your parents, purchase an education for yourself via private school, college or post secondary, or get it some other way by some kind of school of hard knocks, say the industry or military in the boot camp or even in a combat zone or other situation where you are forced to learn, then you will just be trained to repeat the moving average of what you hear from rich people through their mouthpieces on the TV/Radio/print media.

One thing they still do well is teach away the christopher colombus in the child. The one that says: "lets hire 500 men, arm them with pistols, get a few ships from the shipyard and get the crown to pay for it, pitch to the crown that I'll double the size of your territory in 18 months and bring back the treasury of this other nation, if you let me have 5 percent of it".

Teachers are good at un-teaching that.

>why are teachers put on a pedestal?
The misunderstanding that intelligence comes from education.

100% True

What's the alternative? Demonizing a necessary service is edgy nihilism.

They have insanely strong unions.

When you reach 28 years you laugh about them

>
>>why are teachers put on a pedestal?
>The misunderstanding that intelligence comes from education.
Wew, nailed it.

Although to be fair, it is slightly positively correlated, but only between retardation and average. After the average, a man must teach himself, an institution helps tremendously, but if the man does not pull, the teachers are no more helpful than a google search.

unironically, separation of school and state. if the education industry were completely privatized, teachers could be forced to compete with each other, the unions would weaken and the pedestal would begin to diminish.

It's 2019, nobody above 110 IQ needs school anymore to become educated. Why do you think the first half of this decade was full of people doing spoken word poetry shitting on school?
And they pump you full of lies and indoctrination anyway.

Attached: wanting-to-believe_1.png (592x806, 125K)

Those who can do, do.
Those who can't, teach.

Ugly women who couldn't get a husband.

Is there any group to get behind with this? I like the idea, but it's so removed from what normies want, I feel like I'd be alienated for just supporting it alone. It's what already happened when I supported the physician certification version of what you proposed.

realised this too
youtube.com/watch?v=_um69RqBpSw

youtube.com/watch?v=aAir6inas-I

they dont live in the real world

When I see my old shop teachers I always say hi. They taught me shit that I use irl.

Attached: IMG_1102.jpg (4032x3024, 1.82M)

You cant have complete separation of school and state, the education system was built by the goverment and it cant work without it. Competicion and more privatization could be good, but the state still has to dictate what to teach and regulate said teaching

this
and they aren't even good at teaching, which is why more and more kids come out of 12 years of school as barely functioning retards who act like this
youtube.com/watch?v=W3Pee7yJ7xU

all the good teachers have long since retired because the system does not support them
youtube.com/watch?v=eeEWPbTad_Q

>nobody above 110 IQ needs school anymore to become educated

come to think of it, I remembered back when I was in highschool that teachers acted like Wikipedia and the internet in general was a bad source of information

like bitch, you really want me to sit in the school library going through a bunch of books, looking up the index for key words, find the pages the keyword is on just for the same information pretty much said on the Wikipedia page? then on top of that do the whole referencing bs with year of publication, publishing company, author, page, book, etc etc.

why is school so obsessed with that referencing crap anyways, it's an assignment in itself and as a student its pretty much assumed that nothing in the assignment is original findings. and it's easy to figure out if shit is plagerised anyways

>teachers acted like Wikipedia and the internet in general was a bad source of information

they just want to be gatekeepers of knowledge
only official versions are true, why would officials ever lie?

I remember my history teacher telling us this

charter schools are like the proof of concept for this idea (it's why the teacher's unions hate them). they're not completely private, but they have some independence at least, so they have more leeway with choosing curricula and greater ability to dump poorly performing teachers.

i don't know of anyone out there who's a hardliner for separation of school and state (except myself), but if you want to redpill normies about education, do some research on charter schools and try to talk them up.

Deliberate Dumbing Down of the World, Charlotte Iserbyt

Why shouldn't people like this be put on a pedestal? They are the best people around.

Teachers should be on a pedastal. The real question is how should we inspire, mentor, and initiate the young? You know, do the things modern education should but doesn’t?

Attached: 95E2EB0C-857F-40AE-B4C5-3546B975C23E.jpg (850x440, 55K)

>a necessary service
surrendering your children to the state so they may be imprisoned and brainwashed by globohomo cocksuckery 8 hours a day is not 'necessary'

Because platitudes make stupid people feel good.

Neither is paying taxes for wars of aggression. But arguing that it isn't necessary is more fruitless than arguing for constitutional amendments.

>the education system was built by the goverment and it cant work without it
this is simply not true. I don't know about Chile, but in the US roughly 25% of the schools are private, and they provide consistently better outcomes than the public schools.

>state still has to dictate what to teach
the problem with this is obvious. in a democracy, the people are supposed to have control over the state through voting. people vote based on what they know and believe, and what they learn in school. if the state has control over what people must or must not learn, the state has control over how the people vote. it's a feedback loop - the people's control of the state is supplanted by the state's control of the people. separation of church and state is in the constitution for this reason (as well as others). school and state should have the same separation

Teachers make a lot more money than you think. Then factor in 3+ months of vacation a year. Teachers are on a pedestal because of their powerful unions and years of ree'ing about being underpaid.

> in the US roughly 25% of the schools are private, and they provide consistently better outcomes than the public schools
I am not saying public education is better than the private sector (its clearly the opposite), but private schools work under the framework of the education system stablished by the state in the XIX century (Europe and the US first, then the rest of the world, Chile included, copied it)
>the problem with this is obvious
Yes, and it has always been the problem with the system. I teach history (i know in the US is probably different), the most political subject, and, in theory, the state forces you to teach the democratic dogma and how to think under its framework, giving the student some liberty of thought

restore the trivium
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trivium

ban sugary foods
ban minecraft, fortnite, gta, dota 2
remove affirmative action
no more trophies for everyone
bring back the cane for those that need it

that should be enough

>first part
regardless of who established the current framework, it's still possible to implement a framework, (even one quite similar to the current), without the involvement of the state. i believe that this is well demonstrated by the way private schooling is organized in the US.

>second part
in the US, the state begins to teach history when the child is six or seven years old - too young to truly understand it. at this young age the state is already propagandizing, and will continue to do so until the student graduates. some liberty of thought is still inevitable, of course, but for the state to dictate the facts of history and their interpretation grants the state too much control over the electorate.

Because they are not rabbis and help, not rape and mutilate.

>it's still possible to implement a framework, (even one quite similar to the current), without the involvement of the state
Yes, it is theoretically possible and there are many social scientist that discuss the topic, but i cant see it happening in the current state of things. Its a fun mind experiment though

Cause they have to put up with your stupid ass