Life on the surface of a rogue planet (Planet without a sun)?

What would it look like and what would politics look like on a world without sunrise or sunset?

Attached: IMG_0289.jpg (1280x720, 346K)

>still thinking space is real

This is you.

Attached: IMG_0294.png (350x419, 26K)

No, he's right Bong. That said, it would probably be similar to deep sea life. Bioluminescence for any species to have developed eyes, but then why develop eyes? No photosynthesis. Life would be a bunch of worms and molds and slimes.

TEst

That's an interesting take, I'm thinking of a geothermically active world with mould forests and glowing predators. But space is real, I have seen UFOs come from space.

There would be no life. The only energy transfer to run the engine of life would be geothermal, which would be A) not enough energy to support complex life, B) not enough energy to support the amount of life necessary to keep anything larger than bacteria alive.

Cold, dark.
Depending on if it's a gas giant or not it'll be covered in some layer of ice. If there is any life it'll probably focus on making sure what little food it has is available.

But if that was the case, why isn't the deep parts of the ocean dead?

Attached: IMG_0276.jpg (1200x800, 111K)

>Be sessile filter feeder.
>Live in submarine thermal vent.
>Filter feed.
>Filter feed some more.

Lather rinse, repeat.

I can imagine sulfur-metabolic mouldlike organisms. I mean it could have a few moons to make it very geotherically active.

for some reason they do not want to explore the deep sea to find it out

That would definitely be a lifeform, but there would always be a food chain.

There could be things like geothermal vents, but they would have to be very big to heat an entire planet.
If there was a big enough cluster of them then it could make a large pocket where life could occur, but it would probably only be micro or very primitive.

>still thinking it’s not

deep parts of the ocean feed on quite a bit of shit that comes from the upper parts of the oceans

because that still has a chain of energy connected to the sun associated with it.

They have already proven there is life next not far from geothermal vents. I could imagine similar things on land of this planet, perhaps a glowing predator with a lure and tubular eyes.

it would be super cold and google would buy it for a data center

It would be meaningless! It would be colder than fuck!! The best thing would be frozen ice at the surface. You’d need a star with a planet within the habitable zone that is terrestrial in order for life to grow.

Could life from the deep-seas here thrive in the deep-seas there and then progress onto the dim land?

no

It would have to depend entirely on planet's internal heat so all of them will be deep beneath the ocean/ground
And then here comes the (((heat exchangers))) who thrives on hard working heat miner, in effect creating their own isolated second ecosystem.

Possibly, but they would need an incentive to go onto land.
Early life came onto land cause plants evolved, which was food. On a rogue planet it would be too cold and dark for plant life to exist so there would be no incentive to go onto land. Why go onto the land when your food is in the water already?
That doesn't mean that intelligent life can't evolve in the oceans though.

what if it was a huge chunk of radioactive material with a layer of dust over the top of it. The heat would keep moisture in the gas phase and create an atmosphere.

Look up similarities between alien abduction and demonic possession. Why would a Zeta Reticulan run away from the words "Jesus Christ"?

And again, there's no point in evolving eyes if there's no light. Reptiles and such have those infrared pits, but those aren't strictly speaking eyes. Sufficiently advanced creatures would possibly look like the zerglings from Tremors. Even animals that once had eyes thay moved into subterranean environments lose their eyes. There may be enough starlight to create a soft enough ambience to see things, and some bioluminescence may arise for unrelated reasons like glowing mushrooms and jellies. So maybe limited eyesight in specialized species, but the best senses are going to be sound, touch, and smell.

It would be an anarcho-tranhumanist monarchy with juche characteristics and socially vampiric tendencies
t. ayy lmao shitposting from area 51

Attached: voynich.jpg (2048x728, 600K)

Attached: Mechanical_demon.jpg (1298x258, 50K)

>always be a food chain
Why?
Have you no imagination

Attached: large_5EzPQs7yDboIVZJa7Feaw7SioZa.jpg (400x600, 94K)

As the others said, think about all the shark shit and dead whales and detritus that sinks down to those creatures.

I'm thinking of small to big mushroom-like organisms moving onto land to capitalize on fallen volcanic ash and washed up dead creatures. Then mobile life follows.

I like it. Very deadly and efficient.

Energy and heat could come from particles or sub atomic particles drawn into its gravity well.

>Planet without a sun
It would have no real forms of life on the surface for being too cold. You'd have to burrow beneath the crust to where there's at least some warmth from the mantle and core IF it gives off any heat. Not every planet or even a sun is hot. There are stars that are only as warm as a cup of coffee if one were to physically touch it. Also, heat from suns is only given off if there's a planet with an atmosphere, otherwise you could be inches away from one and be colder than ice. Planets are similar. Some cores are absolutely cold and made of other metals besides nickel like ours.

yeah, life on land evolved because things were peaking through the water and thinking "IWANTSUMMADAT"

It’s not possible. Life cannot exist without a star.

Mushrooms like dark and damp areas. A rogue planet is dark already, but it wouldn't exactly be damp.

Food chains are nessicary for lifeforms to evolve.

What if the sun stops working?

Subterranean mollusk people

It would be a planet of subterranean complexes and highly technical psychic pale beings that came to Earth to make man in their own image. They would have a King and like to wrestle.

PAGANISM BTFO

Furthermore, water cannot exist in liquid form on a planet without a nearby star.

Possibly it would depend on atmospheric composition. Life in the stratos for instance could feed on floating compounds.

Yeah, that's probably what you would find.

Our sun? The solar system would fall apart to an extent, and Jupiter would be the de-facto sun until it forms into one.

Subterranean, and/or clustered around deep-sea thermal vents, if present at all.
Probably non-sapient and largely sedentary.
A bit like people who spend all their time on the internet.

Maybe some sort of geothermal vent-dwelling polyp with a mobile larval stage, like a barnacle.

If a rogue planet was big enough wouldnt the force of gravity generate some amount of heat near the core?

Yes. Also moons.

That's not how it works. It's the density inside the core itself. Basically, a planet's mass, not size is what determines its gravity level.

Waterbears would be able to live like that I think, but a normal flying animal I don't think would do very well.

I don't mean animals as such, I mean like stratospheric bacteria/archaea.

People would put it down as simple and useless but it already sounds like the complex beginnings of something great.

I don't think that's necessarily true. If earth spun off into space, it would still have a molten core and thus heat enough for at least some liquid water. The core is molten due to the decay of radioactive elements, which is still going on.

Europa is thought to have liquid, despite being too far from the sun for this, due to heat generated by the tidal pull of Jupiter.

Yes, if they don't freeze solid first.

Antifreeze proteins, surprisingly common.

Based mass vs volume poster

That's very true.

True, forgot about that.

What about the bottom of the chain?
Does lichen have a food chain

This.

I find this whole alien thing (at least abductees from earth) highly suspect. Those abductees also espouse New Age bullcrap or have dabbled into occultic and New Age material themselves to have these experiences. These "aliens" are more likely extra-dimensional than extraterrestrial aka demons.

Yep they are a symbiosis themselves and are eaten by Reindeer. Everything has it's part.

I've seen UFOs exit and re-enter a wormhole.

>omg space guys!!! i hecking love science!! did you see the new rick and morty!?
space is a zog lie to placate redditors so they don't learn the truth

Attached: 1539990298106.png (293x172, 9K)

I know this sounds crazy but envision a planet convered in glowing frost resistant "Mushrooms" several meters tall and frost resistant predators with tubular eyes and lures hunting in the groves.

>wormhole.
So, a dimension.

I thought Rick and Morty was axed when the creator was caught creating cartoon snuff?

Take your meds leaf.

Well, only the entrance to our own.

No sun -> no heat -> no liquid water -> no life.

I can imagine that, but it also requires a bit of disbelief.
Those proteins would already have to be there before it became a rogue planet. Or it could have evolved, but that depends on life surviving there.

What is magnetism.

Attached: IMG_0295.jpg (800x450, 44K)

No illumination no racism there is only voicism

>Life on the surface of a rogue planet (Planet without a sun)?

It would look like very simple organisms clustered around things like hotsprings and geothermal vents. That's all that could survive.

Well, it's said every rogue planet is just an orphaned planet, left to fend for itself after an event casting it out from it's sun.

What people don't understand is that every hot core is basically a proto sun.

I think that's how it would begin, but life would find a way to hack into the rest of the world.

True

There is no magnetism without electricity and there is no electricity if you are no longer is a stars electric field.

Essentially.

>ooga booga
>OOGA
>BOOGA
>COOOOMMMMM

Attached: 6DAE4010-7536-4EC6-8B49-9A15D8C37E44.png (605x455, 166K)

It's scary to think it could happen to us.

Fpbp

Today I was driving and I saw a bright light in the sky. It was very bright, didnt move, then faded. The sun glinting off a jet with no contrails? Tom DeLong showing off a CIA orb? One thing I was sure of was that it wasnt an "alien".

What is free movement.

Attached: IMG_0297.jpg (218x232, 9K)

The entire rest of the world would be absolutely frozen solid.

why don't you enlighten me, never even heard this term in regards to any cosmological theory.

Antifreeze proteins. Moulds could burrow in using these and make their claims to the barrens.

That's ocean floor in general. Thermal vents have their own independent ecosystems sustained by bacteria that get energy from the vents as opposed to photosynthesis

Kinetic energy?

Impossible, because even with geothermal vents, the surface of the planet would be near absolute-zero and therefore incapable of sustaining life because of the lack of atmosphere (gases would freeze). Only underwater vents could sustain life.

Antifreeze proteins don't save you from absolute zero lmao. We're talking frozen hydrogen here.

That would depend on the pressure also. A large planet could prevent such dilemma.

maked me thinked

Likely a planet engineered to be a spacecraft
The inhabitants not having warp-speed per-say but compensated by making their whole planet the vessel to travel long distances

what

I don't really see how kinetic energy is going to help anything if the entire planet is disconnected from the electrical system for an extended period of time. There will be nothing to drive the internal dynamo, there will be no magnetic field, no atmosphere, no life. It will be a giant frozen rock in space.

I've read a sci fi story about such a planet. It was tidally locked, one side was perpetually desert, the other side was perpetually frozen. Humans only lived on the thin strip of land dividing the two, which was subject to incredible windstorms as air rushed between the two sides.

Attached: 1524516392723.jpg (1600x990, 1.56M)

We exist inside of a black hole.
Every black hole in our universe contains another universe. The black hole we exist in itself exists inside a black hole.
Life on a rogue planet would be unlikely. And likely nothing would be particularly large or fast.
Imaging life on a water world is much more interesting. Imagine a super Earth, but completely water, miles of water down before rock. Imagine the size of the predators. Imagine sentient life. Technology advanced life.