Why has furniture liek pic related died out?

why has furniture liek pic related died out?

Attached: b35682223abf5cbd5f1494fe96d64e71.jpg (2700x3800, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornament_is_crime
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>massive-auz-holz

you cheeky germans need to get a GRIP

Because its fucking retarded. My wife already has an entire set of dishes we can never use I'm sure I'll be forced to buy one of these cabinets soon enough.

Probably doesn't fit in with the cheaper IKEA stuff that everyone has. I appreciate renaissance-ish looking furniture a lot, feels like it's got real soul. And that's comming from someone who typically likes modern homes. Also not really pol

How are millennials and zoomers supposed to fit them in their tiny apartments? And who the hell uses (or simply collects) fine china anymore other than boomers??

Everything is mass produced and liquidated to brick and mortar stores. Nothing is locally crafted and most of it is made of crap wood as the age of digital empire economy relies more on synthetic materials

WHAT PART OF THIS IS POLITICS

Attached: 1568148549452 - Copy.jpg (1080x1294, 152K)

Solid wooden furniture is very heavy and difficult to move around from apartment to apartment.

Because communal meals have become less important in our socially disconnected culture

no, it's just more expensive than ever before because we live in a poor economy. jews did a great job brainwashing whites into believing that we have progressed into more wealth than ever before.

>nowhere to put it
>nothing to put in it
>would throw it out if I actually did

Do you mean solid wood furniture? It's astonishing what I find and buy at my local thrift stores. I basically furnished my father's new house for him by going to Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity, etc. and buying secondhand solid wood furniture. Oak dressers for $30, mahogany side tables for $10, a 6-person walnut dining set for $120, a 1960s mint condition sectional sofa for $300 that was kept in plastic...

and all the traditional realism pictures in nice frames sell for $5. Most people nowadays apparently are so insane that they want their homes to look like a mental asylum, so they put up the abstract CIA propaganda art like Pollock's paint splatter, or cubism, or just blank canvases, lol. Anyway, I pick up giant oil paintings for $15, if that... and I always manage to make a place I'm living or whatever into something nice by taking advantage of the changing taste, because everyone apparently likes trash now.

Attached: Antoni Gaudi- Prie Dieu (Prayer Desk), Casa Batlló (c. 1906).jpg (1875x2500, 495K)

Wait, what are they getting replaced by? Ikea or something?

and the problem is transport, moving giant solid wood pieces takes manpower and America is big, so distance can be an issue for delivery. A lot of old people sell these big pieces and then they sit around in thrift stores because no one has a truck or the 3 guys needed to move the cabinet or wardrobe or whatever.

Attached: (1650) Jan Couchet the Elder - Harpsichord.jpg (1231x1500, 248K)

It hasn’t, the kids just suck off the China garbage goods nipples... nom nom nom nom... that precious “good deal”... nom nom nom... they take conspicuous consumption to the highest peak of plastic mountain

Well, yeah of course. Wayfair stuff, people even get furniture at places like Walmart, Target, Big Lots, etc. lol

We could bring it back.

More expensive than pressed wood mass produced furniture. Difficult to put in your home if your house if it isn't on the first floor. Multiple reasons, but I don't think it died out,just used less by younger people, when they get older they appreciate finer thingsin life more and have better salaries to buy this.

Culture is politics.

It's heavy as fuck and a complete pain in the ass if you ever move + it's not functional at all. Women fill it full of dishes that are never used.

In America, you can get solid wood dressers and bookcases and cabinets for much cheaper than even Ikea at secondhand stores.

New, "furniture galleries" are insanely expensive. So Americans either have Ikea, the internet, or secondhand wooden stuff.

Of course the upper class does go to Ethan Allen or West Elm and spends $6000 on a sofa. That's just retarded.

Also why have buildings like picrelated died out. They are much prettier than stupid smooth blocks of glass and concrete. We are supposed to be prosperous now compared to the 19th century, so what gives? I guess (((they))) just hate everything pretty.

Attached: Birmingham_-_Lawcourt_2.jpg (450x300, 48K)

politics are determined by the prevalent culture. and this culture in turn is determined by a dominant taste, including the manner in which people design their homes. i feel like there is soemthing very significant in the air when people prefer cheap furniture with simple geometry. the sterile as a new cultural paradigm.

I've got a fine china cabinet I inherited from my Grandma full of antique crystal glasses and dishes. I never use any of it because I'm afraid of breaking something. My palms get sweaty just opening the cabinet doors to dust in and around them.

To be fair its really fun to make high value wood furniture, though too bad its so prohibitively expensive, I wouldn't mind seeing it become more common. Capitalism, ho, I guess.

Actually I know why hutches have died out. Built in kitchen cabinets are basically standard now

it doesn't fall apart after a year so you can't sell more of it

>antique china and crystal
lmao 90% chance they are all generic worthless garbage

Because it's ugly as all fuck.

>why has furniture liek pic related died out?
Boomers...

Well actually its that people have no taste and think Ikea furniture is quality.

Attached: 3b6tb6.jpg (750x500, 186K)

i really like this post. cant give any meaningful input, but this is good lol.
but see, i notice some strange vice behind problems like that. it's as if effort in itself becomes undesirable. and to me it seems that all beauty requires effort, in things small and big, including putting in the effort to move around big and heavy items like the one in your pic.

God, shes perfect

>2020
>no antiques left
>everything made to break eventually for more shckles
>nothing local
>no art
>no craft
>just chinese shipped industry pieces
>non-boomers have no disposable income
>those who do move often and live in very expensive small condos
>tfw leave ur children antique plastic ikea-ware

Attached: badthg.jpg (852x536, 97K)

This, I see all kinds of antique armoires and china closest out at the curb because mobody wants them. I recently picked up a hope chest from 1957 that's worth $400 easily once I fix the busted lock.

Americanisation. The death of art and culture.

The fucking swedes

This.

It's not out of style and is readily available for adults with money.
You kids go buy your Ikea shit and cry moar.

Both ideology and costs.
Ideology because of all the shittastic leftist movements in architecture to foul up the common space.
Costs because a grey shoe box of metal and glass is cheaper so they can charge the same as for something beatiful and then skim the rest of the profits.

See places like Bath in England that go the exact opposite route to the hellhole capitals.

Cant kill something that never existed in the first place.

Attached: 3UkJKFZns.png (750x683, 204K)

I have a very similar one, but in cherry three wood

I have had a really really strong constant urge to build things like this my whole life..but never had any area to do it

Pretty much all the furniture at my parents and grandparent's place is pure rose wood with designs similar to the one in OPs pic. As far as my grandmother can remember, the furniture at her place is at least 200 years old.

AAAAAAAA oh man I'm gonna COOOOOOOM!

Because women work now frankly.
Women used to stay home, and part of what they did was 'keep' a lovely home and cook good dinners for their families and extended familes. For special occasions and holidays they would have special meals and would showcase these with special plates and dinnerware because this was all part of featuring the womans special contribution to the home. They then wanted to have special cabinets to keep the special dinner ware.

Now women don't even cook and nobody has family dinners anyways because you need a family first to have those. So 'special dinnerware' is out the fucking window as an American tradition. Chalk up one more thing women destroyed.

people nolonger think that plates are a sign of wealth, so there is no need to show off "fine china".
Also people tend to store plates and stuff in normal wall cabinets and in the kitchen, and cabinets like that take up a shit ton of space. that space is wasted on non-functioning decoration. Most people would rather have more counter space in the area that would otherwise occupy.

We have one of those at my house, you can come check it out if you want.

>. i feel like there is soemthing very significant in the air when people prefer cheap furniture with simple geometry. the sterile as a new cultural paradigm.
Cheap is the key word here. Real wages were falling for decades before Trump.

See thread about white men having no friends and no truck.

Simple. It's related to the deliberate breakdown of our families by our enemy.
In past generations, hutches like these kept the expensive china and silverware for special occasions and holidays. A time when all family members gathered together to celebrate life and be grateful. Grandparents, aunts, uncles and all their children would get together to feast and celebrate in large numbers. Invaders do this now but don't typically use hutches or nice china and silverware.
One of the many casualties of this attack against WASP culture is that we no longer have large family gatherings. Mostly because the family size has dwindled coupled with most families are broken up, usually by the mother.

Attached: 1568764693576.jpg (1024x576, 120K)

Rate my trash

Attached: P_20190921_224745.jpg (2304x4096, 2.91M)

Bc plates like these were used for dinner parties which used to be quite common and the china cabnit was to put those nice dishes on display no one has dinner parties anymore at least not with enough frequency to warrant a cabnit and special dishes in it now most people have parties where they serve snacks and watch tv or drink. That or we just go out to eat

what should i display?
my huge fucking bad dragons?

READ THIS

in the future, "things" will be divided into 2:

1) pre-globalisation, manufactured by native members of national states. the blond artisan.

2) post-globlisation, manufactured by basedmen or by chinese, indonesian etc

IN THE FUTURE VERY SOON everyone will want and covet original items made in the pre-diversity age. IT IS COMING. find and covet artisan made items made when men were men. "MADE IN [YOUR COUNTRY] BEFORE THE 1980s". find it, hoard it.

nice, i will bring a cheap 7€ scotch with me alright.

Yes... feel the sociology move through your veins... feed it, you really don’t need those quality goods... the crisp lines and efficiency of Chinese garbage.. let it consume your entire being...

Doesn't Putin want many of the new buildings in posh areas of Russia to be built in Classic European styles?

really interesting. i did not think about the functionality of such a cabinet, only about it's aesthetic value. but now that you say it, maybe looks and values (here traditionalism) are intertwined? very interesting indeed, maybe appereance is only a manifestation of certain values?

i came here to hate. not to feel

My Mom’s house still has furniture like this. I really enjoy it.

Same here i have nothing new,from ikea or shit like that.

>star of david on glass
oy vey

Germans, as usual.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornament_is_crime

No one under forty owns china or any special dishes. They every thrift and antique store to the ceiling. We will inherit boxes and boxes of sauce dishes, gravy dishes, and roast plates. Nobody wants that shit anymore or has a use let alone social setting for it. As someone who refurbishes furniture, unless it is solid wood you cannot give display cabinets away. They are too big for the 1 bed 1 bath apartments we live in.

Attached: 1560977487732.jpg (1100x828, 86K)

why do you know such a weird specific thing? i dont argue against it, but i never heard of this.

In the United States, it's very difficult to find a job in one city that you can keep your entire life. Americans move on the average 11.7 times in their lives [2007 report], and the ones who have itinerant jobs, well, they get sick and tired of having to cart these large pieces of furniture around with every move.

The lack of a stable middle-class and long-term association with a single community has lead to the decrease in demand for large, fine furniture such as OPs pic.

I'm 38 and collect depression glass ._.

fill every antique store*

Hello, Abdul Hamid II.

> be last sultan of the Ottoman Empire
> don't give a shit about your crumbling empire
> make shit like pic related

Attached: Allah tier carpentry.jpg (600x1034, 155K)

Do you collect uranium glass too? There are some cool pieces out there

Attached: 1566766620613.jpg (576x768, 96K)

To make way for the sleek black (((modernist))) Ikea furniture.

fill it with china plates and get rid of them jars.

No, a few errant pieces might be in there somewhere, but I haven't gone out of my way looking for it. A lot of green glass though, and it might glow... never stuck it under a black light desu

Attached: lovebirds.jpg (500x333, 42K)

Nice place.

i have never heard this term before. this is absolutely amazing. thanks lol.

Attached: Hazel-Atlas-Fruits-Green-Depression-Glass-full-1A-700_10.10-895-r-84a8de-152c4e.png (720x720, 675K)

Reddit spacing and awful grammar aside, this is an important post.

It's heavy as fuck, takes up a lot of space, expensive, and virtually nothing in them is used.

I like silver im in the process of replacing all of my tableware with silver. Its really cheap and looks good.

Attached: 116641.jpg (414x188, 67K)

Because plates and cups (even very beautiful plates and cups) are not valuable enough to have them as a central part of your salon. Because people don't buy enough paper books to produce and sell massive solid wood bookshelves. Because it's more convenient to have an electric piano these days. You save space, money and also you'll breath less dust.
This or jooos.

It's kind of happening today, and it's not that nice for the other side either.
The average romanian buys ikea, if not cheaper shit.
There's plenty of romanian carpenters, but their products are decent quality so they sell for a pretty penny in the west and most locals can't afford them.
Then again, I can have pineapples in december. I remember the times before globalization reached us, the december choice was between wrinkly apples and potatoes. So it has its perks.

Idk, I just read about it somewhere on the internet. I wondered for a long time why the fuck architecture has gone to shit, so when I red about this it got fixed in my memory.

Do you collect old glass bottles too? People on the East coast are digging up 1800's dumps for old glass/watches

>duh, globalization good because me can eat exotic fruits
Thanks for permanently painting Romanians as troglodytes in my mind.

we have one of those huge things in the living room... and we had a much nicer one for years when i was growing up, its so huge and heavy and how in the shit do you ship something like that its like a piano, i think as local regional furniture sales move from stores as more online options exist that you save tons on by assembling yourself, these big crafted heavy items just arent appealing and they do not fit with other more modern furniture styles

A lot of this stuff was originally moved via horse drawn carriage. You have no excuse.

Deja-vu

No, no bottles... only so much space and time and money and so forth... gotta pick something, you know?

The reason that furniture died out is because of property taxes and rents and the fact that everybody has to be mobile now a days. That stuff is too heavy to carry around and move in and move out.
My parents have a house filled with this shit and when they die I am just thinking about all the labor I will have to do

Why are you keeping all the empty jars?

Expensive to make, hard to keep clean, not. Dry practical.

Also ugly as fuck.

Why does no one call this shit tacky?

Because it looks like shit, it's heavy and expensive af. You can't even resell it. You can't even give this to someone for free, because nobody wants this shit.

Attached: IMG_20190921_233145.jpg (3264x1616, 1.27M)

Unless your granpappy made it, there's no point in having something like this. No personal connection, it's just another thing to spend money on.

Because it's fucking responsible

>it looks like shit, it's heavy and expensive af.
Go buy an IKEA couch you imbecile.

Nice jew stars on the glass, retard.

Wut. 21 and I regularly use it. Will buy one of those cabinets when I have my own home on the woods.

Attached: 20190921_223401.jpg (4032x3024, 2.65M)

>af
You need to go back.

You ever move that kind of furniture? I agree the Ikea shit is shit. But this stuff is a PITA and expensive.