British vs English

Bongs, do you call yourself British or English ect? Do you even care?

I tend to see white British persons identifying as the country they were born in whereas 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants would call themselves British. Thoughts?

Attached: 612-eO6gP3L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x750, 68K)

fuck off paki you will never be white

Your next dole payment says I'm whiter than you

Cornish or British

Scotland Rules! Fuck the English twats! The Welsh can fuck off as well!

Only brainlet norf tard alcoholics and some clueless immigrants refer to themselves as "British". The entire concept of Britain is a stupid and was hijacked by Jews a long time ago.

Attached: downloadfile-3.jpg (474x321, 31K)

Northern Australian surrounded by Mudbloods

I am from Yorkshire and I describe myself as a Yorkshireman, I'm nothing to do with those anglo cunts, I've more Dane in my DNA according to my test.

English. British used to be a multiethnic word that represented the different ethicities of the British Isles. 'British' has now been co-opted by lefties, since it's so easy for foreigners to claim to be British. You will never see a minority claim to be English.
Also I identify much more with my English identity than my British identity. While I view myself as a Brit, and have an affinity for the Welsh, Scottish, and Irish, England is my number 1 priority for me.

English Ethnonationalism is in my mind the best way forward given the situation.

Attached: 15392665895094916.jpg (834x554, 52K)

Anglo-Saxons and Danes were culturally and genetically really similar though

Angles = Dutch?

Angles are the people from Angeln. The Frisians were the Dutch who came over.

Attached: Anglo_Saxon_migration_5th_cen.jpg (634x600, 125K)

I have an Irish surname so call myself British.

Is there even a difference? British/English are pretty much interchangeable. England makes up 90% of the population of the UK.

It's the almost the exact same as they way "Soviet" and "Russian" were interchangeable during the Cold War. Sure, on paper the USSR was """15 Soviet Republics""" but we all knew Russia was the only one that really mattered.

England owns Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland like Russia owned the other soviet republics. The UK is just greater England.

where's that? sounds like an interesting place

Nice to see such sympathy for the Celtic identities coming from an Irishman. Might start calling you lot British.

A lot of party workers and even country rulers were from Ukrainian SSR or have some heritage.

Call us whatever you like, you don't matter anymore.

And 25% of the Irish-born (and future UK prime minister) Duke of Wellington's army at Waterloo were Irish - that doesn't mean that Ireland had any significant political power whatsoever in the nascent United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland (as it then was). It was a """co-equal""" """union""" utterly dominated by England and run for England's benefit - just like Russia vis-à-vis the USSR.

>inb4 greekto*d posts here

Meanwhile you never mattered, Taig.

Good point

At that time 99% of English didn't have significant political power in the United kingdom either.

norn iron reporting in... british. good to see the bitter taigs above having the brass neck to talk shit about what british means and the empire.... while they sit in their hobbit holes and do nothing as feral niggers roam the streets of dublin, house given away to rapefugees before irish natives and they're all under the thumb of an unelected queer paki. absolute pottery.

>Cornish
Cringe

So some mutts gonna call my identity cringe. You probably couldn't put Britain on a map let alone Cornwall lol.

>Cornish
Cringe

>Memeflag
Cringe

Anglos seething only validates it

I'm British (Welsh).

Do people see themselves as English (or whatever) rather than British because they think they're meant to be ashamed of le evil rayciss empire?

Attached: Gordon's_Last_Stand.jpg (586x800, 85K)

>or England's benefit
Implying the average coal miner down a pit saw the benefits...

Funny thing to say at a point in history where we hold immense political leverage over you and have paralysed your entire country ten times our size, but okay.

Not remotely equivalent. In order to be equivalent, the language, religion and property rights of the vast majority of England's population would have had to have been criminalised by a minority ruling Irish class. That hypothetical minority ruling class - let's call them the "Hiberno-English Catholic Ascendency" - would have had to have owned nearly all the land in England. The majority Protestant English would have had to have been legally excluded from the political sphere by virtue of their religion and ethnicity.

I don't think there's ever been a point in English history where anything like that has happened. You brexiters have a weird fetish for larping fabricated oppression narratives.

>Do people see themselves as English (or whatever) rather than British because they think they're meant to be ashamed of le evil rayciss empire?
It's the other way round, the term British is an invented construct and our newly arrived visitors love calling themselves that once they're straight off the boat

No, lefties love the word 'British' because they can apply it to any ethnicity they want. "I was born in Pakistan but I'm just as British as you"

If somebody asks my nationality, I would say British. If somebody asks where I'm from (e.g. if I am talking to someone while I am abroad), I would say England.

>Cornish
Yikes thats gonna be a cringe from me

what's the welsh hate about? redpill me about welsh people? how are they compared to the rest?

English, and recently most people I know swapped to using that. Who wants to be lumped in with "Proud British Londoners" and Scots

This

I think people seem to equate England with the British Empire's activity, and see the other British countries as having their hands clean of colonial issues.

>we hold immense political leverage
That leverage is with Brussels, not you. You're essentially a prop.
You're the child whose custody mummy and daddy are fighting over during the divorce.

I'm English.
English is an ethnicity, and a nation.
British is a nationality.
If you come here legally, integrate, abide by our rules and cultural norms, then you may become a British citizen.
If you have children here and raise them in our culture, then they may call themselves British.
But being English, Scots, Irish, Welsh, Manx or Cornish is genetic, not cultural.
Maybe if you're a halfie and identify with that side in particular, but you should pick one and be consistent.

>If you come here legally, integrate, abide by our rules and cultural norms, then you may become a British citizen.
>If you have children here and raise them in our culture, then they may call themselves British.

Bro that's not cool bro. You can't just post cringe like that bro. Not cool bro.

Attached: 1527453605401.jpg (608x464, 110K)

england, scotland, wales, northern ireland are countries, they are united to make a nation.

basically migrants are merely citizens of the government of the nation, they are not countrymen

"British" is a political identity that can be applied to almost anyone who moves to our country from the Commonwealth, that's why a lot of people with shit coloured skins call themselves such.
"English", and for that matter, Welsh, Scottish and Irish are all identities based on actual regions. I'm an Englishman because I have English roots. The paki around the corner is "British" because he just so happens to have moved here from his shithole country that we colonised.

Its not that.

its just that the British Empire was basically Globo-homo version 1.0

That's pretty much the leftist argument Karl Marx himself was making in 19th century England. Curious to see on Jow Forums.

Even accepting that argument, the coal miner's religion wasn't banned, his language and culture weren't suppressed, he enjoyed immense and he enjoyed unprecedented economic development in his homeland. It wasn't all rosy for him and none of us ITT would trade places with him, fair enough, but his circumstances were less shit than those of the agrarian de facto colonies of Ireland, Scotland and Wales who had virtually no economic or political power at any level.

If Brussels wanted to drop the backstop, they couldn't because we hold a veto.

>You're the child whose custody mummy and daddy are fighting over during the divorce.

In that analogy, it's more accurate to say that Northern Ireland is the child. We had a custody agreement in place where you would had primary custody and pay for its upbringing and we'd have visitation rights through the open border to help co-parent the little basket case. Now you've broken that agreement to go move in with America and you want take our troubled child with you into that abusive home.

English.
I don't want to be associated with the Welsh, Irish or Scots.
I guess the Scots aren't too bad.
Definitely fuck the Welsh though.

>"English", and for that matter, Welsh, Scottish and Irish are all identities based on actual regions.
>Irish
>regions

Have you looked at a map since 1922?

I'm English

>Definitely fuck the Welsh though.
Answer this. I've noted a lot of welse hate from british flag posters

It's just rivalry you get it going all ways especially the English talking shit

Souf.

Mainly banter

Irish first, British second

>I am from Yorkshire
My ancestor :^)

I know you didn't ask, but I definitely consider myself an Ohioan first.
Granted, I also deal almost exclusively with other burgers, so drawing the distinction makes sense.

It's a meme.
But they meme us right back.
The Angles and Saxons drove the Welsh into the mountains and valleys of the west part of the isle in the Dark Ages, after we were invited to the island, allegedly by foolish petty-king named Vortigern, who couldn't fend off incessant raids from the Irish and Scots after the Romans withdrew their administrators and military as the Western Empire collapsed.

British or English. But I'm also part Spanish. Fucking mutt problems.

Unbearable accent.
Shit place, boring as fuck.
They're not as fun as Scots or the Irish.
They just have no redeeming qualities.

The point is that the word British doesn't really mean anything other than being a geographical demonym.

Briton might indicate a welsh or at any rate pre-roman "Brythonic" ancestry, but "British" is just geographical.

English, Scots, Irish, Welsh (see; Briton), Manx (also Britons), and Cornish (also also Britons), are the races of the isles.

Oh thanks mate.

Uh I mean cheers. Sorry

>"British" is just geographical.
No it isn't you fucking civnat spastic.

A Welshman is British. An Englishman is British. A Scot is British. A Pakistani living in the British Isles is NOT British.

Not to mention they both came from
the exact same geographical area
and only ~300 years difference
in the time of their invasion of Britain

English. The Scots can go independent for all I care, fuck them. I like girls with Welsh accents though.

Let's suck some cock. Feel it inside you. Embrace the hard-on. Let it explode in your mouth. *Whoops* ^_^ let some slip out

English
There's no reason for Britain to exist any more without the empire

fuck off leaf

>A Pakistani living in the British Isles is NOT British.
Which is an early attempt at the
Coudenhove-Kalergi plan "multiculturalism"

remove kebab
remove paki

'British' identity is just another way to cuck us.

The 'British Empire' existed, but most people spoke of 'England' and not 'Britain' as its ruler.

British doesn't identify a single ethnic group like English does so the term was pushed by (((those in power))) to allow for mass immigration.

Just watch any of the sandmonkey activists in England these days, they all identify as British or European - never English

Attached: gib me dat.png (462x414, 84K)

I'm English. You're pretty much right, "British" is for nonwhites

I like the Welsh personally. Scots can fuck off tho

Cornish

Attached: 1564228290308.png (747x944, 64K)

Britain created in 1707. Run through the monarch houses since the 1688 Glorious Revolution: House of Orange-nassau (German), House of Hannover (German) and Saxe Coburg Gotha (German).

>le queen is German posting

"Alright let's see if 'cringe' is a pointless answer"
0/100!
"Yes an excellent pointless answer. You also could have gone for 'retarded', 'unintelligent', 'foolish', or 'knuckle-dragginly stupid'"

Attached: p06nh0vf.jpg (480x270, 27K)

English. "British" should represent the relationship between the English, Scottish and Welsh. But, it's been co-opted by leftists.