Hey Jow Forums

Hey Jow Forums

I'm almost 100% set on joining the air force. I will say that my problems that led me to this decision were mostly of my own doing. I wasted several years on weed, video games, and other frivolous things. I don't have any of the skills I wish I had, or the means/time to attain them. I am not any closer to any of my major goals than I was years ago. I'm not the careless pothead I was back then, but I am still in no position to make any significant progress. The air force seems like the only way to make it out of here, and begin to do something more meaningful with my life.

Any insight from vets or people still serving would be much appreciated.

Attached: 1563587062149.jpg (1200x1175, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H-G_wioWmBQ
army.mil/e2/-images/2009/10/28/54339/size0-army.mil-54339-2009-10-29-141005.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You will most likely be lied to by recruitment staff.
Once you're in, you're in.
The traps set for enlistees around the military towns are legendary.
Do not finance an awesome car.
Try to get out ASAP.
Go to college.

fuck but don't EVER marry military women
don't marry while in the service
keep your own copies of all your medical records
don't tell your TI you like to bowl
save your money

Already set on paying off my debt and not accumulating anymore if it isn't necessary. College is one of my top reasons for joining. So, 4 year over 6 year? Accelerated promotion and bonuses not worth it? Also, elaborate on the traps if you don't mind.

Attached: 1564516218860.jpg (1000x1404, 216K)

I'm gonna join the army and finance a new corvette wish me luck.

I'm hoping to meet a good woman outside of the states. I don't want a marriage while I'm in. I've heard enough of the horror stories. Any particular reason for the medical records? And what's the story behind the bowling thing?

Make sure to get insurance from the warrant officer who moonlights as an salesman for some company who gives you handwritten insurance cards.

You most likely won't get in because the military has recruitment standards.

Oh wait its the US. Never mind.

Save money
Exercise hard
Don't marry
Don't die
Study hard.
Don't talk back.

okay if you think that's the best bet i'll try it.

I'm a guardsman on active orders.
E-5, intel guy.

Ask me anything

>also you should join the ANG instead of going active duty unless you want to go and stay go from your hometown

The bar gets lowered pretty quickly when your country is as enriched as ours. :^)

Probably going security forces(MP). I plan on getting degreed while I'm in. I'm going to take a shot at pararescue if I can though.

Long term I want to be in Europe, so I figured I might have a chance at getting there early if I go active. How long did it take you to get to E-5? Any thoughts on security forces, or other jobs that might get me out of the states?

Attached: 1568432705883.jpg (620x598, 67K)

I was surprised to learn how easy it is to get in.

Here it's treated as a job interview. If you have no recent work history or a history in team sports they'll tell you to go get a job/join a sport and try again in a year. Regardless of what you score on the suitability test.

MP... What causes someone to become an MP... I never understood

Some of them are alright. Ones down in Adelaide would let us walk women onto base if we'd shout them a round at the pub. Before that it was the old "sneak them in the boot" trick lmao

Yeah active will get you... somewhere. Though statistically, you have the best chance of getting sent to the WORST bases as security forces. F. E. Warren, Minot, Barksdale are nuke bases and have a fuckload of SF guys there. You'll get out or kys if you get sent there. Don't do security forces dude. It's all spics and nigs anyways.

Tbh if your ASVAB is low, or you can't get a better security clearance or you're fat or whatever, if you have something limiting you from getting a better job I'd go services. Worst case you make $1300 a month rent free to cook food somewhere cool. You can also wind up working at the base gym or hotel, and from what I've read, theres a lot more to services than most people think. Way better than checking IDs at the gate with a bunch of window licking mongoloids, hating your life.

I made E-5 in 4 years. Pretty good considering the first 9 months of my contract were burned before I even went to basic. I'm likely getting E-6 pretty soon too, though I may dip out and go do some contracting instead.

go to
i'd say its a good choice, army is basically ideal for aimless men in their 20s you sort of get your life on rails once you're in and pretty much have to just do your job well and you're golden.
one advice i'd give is be super cheap with your army shekels, usually when you're on duty you can save a lot of money because the army provides you with almost everything so you can save up quite a lot and i know a lot of people that had a small fortune by the time they got out and invested it well or opened small businesses and live pretty well now. also do networking a lot of people make good connections in the army and later use them for business like starting startups and shit.
t.ex airforce technitian that did 3 years of my mandatory service + extra 2 as a regular.

Attached: 1568937899393.jpg (541x533, 67K)

also all of this

If you join the air force you've already got a well-paying, post-military job, depending on what you do

Dont come in with a shitty attitude like the rest of you shitheads today.

youtu.be/H-G_wioWmBQ

I traveled a lot and was seen at military hospitals all over. when it came time to send paperwork to the VA for service related injuries those hospital records were no where to be found

Yeah, it is pretty sad. The army is the worst as far as standards go. The only things that really seem to matter are health issues.

I want something that involves staying active/fit, and more training after basic.

I haven't gone in for the ASVAB yet. I'm going to study before I take it, but I got a 76 on the assessment at the recruiting office. I was told that's a fairly decent score, but I know I can do better. I really just don't want to be on my ass all the time. I'd like to do something physically and mentally challenging. I'm more interested in pararescue and SERE, but I know they are fairly difficult to get into. How did you get through 9 months before getting to basic?

I'll have to remember that. Thanks for the advice.

It's not bad and if you're fit, you'll be able to try for something a little better. Seems like you won't be the worst fit for SF, but just know that the people you work with will be fucking retards 90% of the time, and you will be lumped in with them. Your superiors will likely be retards with more stripes and will treat you like a retarded child. You will be culpable for the actions SrA Retardo Sanchez that you've never met but happens to be in your squadron on an opposite shift who chose to go drinking and driving last week, guess what, everyone's leave just got cancelled for mandatory drinking and driving powerpoints.

I would definitely go for something you'd be more passionate for. Worst case is you try out for SERE or PJ and drop out and wind up security forces anyways. I'd also look into combat controller.
I'd start swimming if I were you.

In the Air Guard, you sign your contract whenever, but your basic date might not be til later. So I was technically in, burning through my contract but I'd just show up one weekend a month on guard drill and learn about the air force and my unit, practice stuff for basic, do cleaning stuff around base, PT, etc. Got paid for it. Active duty has a similar thing called the DEP, where you sign a contract that holds the job you want, even if it's not currently available.

>Yeah, it is pretty sad. The army is the worst as far as standards go. The only things that really seem to matter are health issues.
that's kind of the point, the army is the one institution that will take just about anyone and will turn them into something useful.
>I want something that involves staying active/fit, and more training after basic.
if your airforce bases are anything like ours you'll have a good gym there,use it. dont pick a menial job to 'stay fit' pick something that either looks impressive on a resume or with training you can use in civvie life.

Go aircrew or nothing. You want to travel and experience a lavish lifestyle (on the DOD's dime) while not getting shit on by nonners? Thats the way to go. 4 years in and out, don't let them swindle you in by saying you'll get promoted faster. I was an in flight refueler for a couple years. Been to 15 different countries and spent that time in hotels with Officers instead of barracks with other sweaty E's.

Attached: Cause your a boom operator.jpg (1176x844, 295K)

i wish to join the military aswell but im not quite sure which branch i should join

DESU do this dude
Go boom operator or loadmaster.

Are you a fucking retard?
>Army
Are you a fucking retard who got picked on in high school?
>Marines
Are you into dudes?
>Navy
Do you want to actually help people and genuinely contribute to National Security?
>Coast guard
Are you only kind of retarded?
>Air Force

Sounds like your on the right path to make a better life. Got up of yor ass and are now going to work and move forward in your life.

Exactly, you want to be a part of something not sit in as a CAC checker. The bases that host refueling squadrons are typically centered around that ONE job. You are the reason why fighters, cargo planes and U2's can fly for hours at a time. Best job I ever had.

Attached: Boom Operator .jpg (4042x2285, 673K)

Good luck in Iran

Thanks for the help user

Enjoy dying for Israel when an Iranian cruise missile hits your chair force base.

Make them sign an agreement that you don't have to get all the vaccines before you sign up. Otherwise they will shoot you up with a plethora of poisons.

Navy it is for me then.

Semper Fi soldier. I hope you're ready to die for Israel you dumb fucking retard.

>implying more than like 5% of military members will ever leave the wire, let alone deploy
lmao

You're definitely inspiring me to reconsider other options. My recruiter said he isn't qualified to book me for any 'special warfare' jobs, but if I qualified after meps I could be transferred to someone that could book me for those jobs. I was told I just needed to list ten jobs I'm interested in, that he is able to book, after the asvab.

Honestly, any of the special warfare jobs interest me aside from EOD. I'm also interested in flying, but it would be complicated at my age from what I have read. I also don't have many college credits.

Does DEP count as time served? I figured it was just a waiting period.

Thank you kind merchant. I don't regularly go to Jow Forums. I'll have to dig through those threads when I have more time. I'm not exactly sure what I want as a career when I'm out yet. I just want the means to live in Europe, and start a family at some point.

I'll have to look into it. I'd like to fly myself if I could.

If I wasn't trying to get out of here I'd go Coast Guard before anything else. My grandfather was in the Coast Guard in WW2. I've always thought about it.

Thanks for the encouragement.

USAF vet here.
Your problems will not magically disappear. They will follow you and probably get worse under stress and due to loneliness. In order for it to be worth a damn, your USAF experience must consist of the following:
>do get trained in a skill that you can use in the civilian world (think trades and don't accept no for an answer from your recruiter)
>don't fall into the drinking or drug trap (since most airmen do)
>don't fall into the laziness trap (most do since it's "government work"
>do get Jow Forums and stay Jow Forums . Not only because of your health but because people will stay off your ass if you are doing good at PT
>do take advantage of 100% tuition assistance (take gen ed. class(es) while on active duty)
>don't marry a fellow airman or local girl
>don't finance a car or buy a new car
>do save your damn money (put half in Roth TSP, other half in USAA savings account)
>do go to the medical clinic if you ever have ANY possible medical problems (and make sure your doctor makes note of your complaints in your medical record)
>don't waste money and time visiting home (unless you have a dying relative)
>do apply for VA disability benefits at discharge
>do use your post-9/11 GI bill after discharge

Any questions?

You can't walk fast like that, you'll fall on your face.
Naruto running is how little kids run.

Well, at least that's a better outcome than continuing serving the ZOG.

They will ask of you ever did drugs
Honesty is not desired results n the military
My story
>Go to recruiting
>Recruiter ask me if I ever did drugs
>I said 15 years ago in high school
>He said "our interview is over
Good luck

Attached: image.png (1165x1139, 1.1M)

All sage advice.

Bad advice if you want to avoid bad influences in your home life. Or if you want a job that provides housing, food, and 100% free medical care. Also if you want benefits like GI Bill.

His reply probably had as much to do with your age as much as your prior drug use. Recruiters only get credit if you complete training. Older guys can't tolerate being treated like shit as much as the younger guys and they usually wash out.

Brah only enlist if you have to. If you it is possible at all, go officer route. This advice goes for literally anyone in existence.

You'll need to commission to get a pilot slot. Do whatever job you choose first, work on your degree while you're in the AF, then try and comission

Protip: active duty pilot slot likely not result in the aircraft you're lusting after unless you're the top shit at UPT. Want a fighter slot? Apply for one at a fighter Guard unit. Then it won't matter if you're the top or bottom student at UPT.
desu if my hearing and vision weren't shit, I'd try to go for a U-28 slot.

Bad advice. It is much harder to become an officer with prior service or to transfer while enlisted. Trust me, becoming an officer fresh is ez mode compared.

My dad a marine said the same
Fact is he said I couldn't handle the authority when I was 18
At the time of the recruitment meet I was clean sober a life guard and marathon runner. But that's not worth much.
Thanks user

Getting trained, educated, and staying fit are at the top of my list. I'm also trying to pay off debt and save money. I don't smoke pot anymore, and I only drink at home with meals. Any perks to Roth TSP and USAA I should know about?

Flying a fighter would be nice, but I'd be grateful to fly at all. Can you even go the officer route from the start without a degree?

>I just want the means to live in Europe, and start a family at some point.
why ? it's pretty cucked from what i know. you're far better off in the good parts of the US. maybe eastern europe of angloland (if it improves after they leave the EU).
have you been to europe ? i mean i know of one guy who did a tour there and his reaction wasnt 'i wanna live here' (he was strayan tho so maybe its a cultural thing.
also you guys have bases there, ask around the guys on Jow Forums if you can get some job that guarantees good chances of being stationed there, i'd recommend lurking the enlistment general for a few weeks before you make any decision. i dont know how it is in your army but a lot of guys here go into army roles they dont really understand and then they're miserable there and its a huge pain in the ass to get transfers. i was kind of an idiot and didnt take the army seriously and didnt talk to specific prestigious units to get tested to go there (your process of getting into the army starts around the last year of HS here) so they just put me where they needed manpower (airforce technical division) and i kind of lucked out and did well on tests so i got a good role in a great squadron.

You need to go through college first, which a lot of people say you shouldn't because debt. But you will have a stable job as an officer afterwards to pay it off. And if you play your cards right the debt shouldn't be that bad. If you don't plan on being an officer long term than enlisting for college is fine. But if you want to go officer then you should take the L and get a degree because like I said going officer out of enlistment is harder

>I only drink at home with meals.
Keep an eye on that shit because when you are stressed and lonely you'll think "so what if I have a few more beers?"

>Any perks to Roth TSP
Roth TSP is the Federal version of a Roth 401(k). You are young and tax rates are at historic lows. At the current rate of deficit spending, tax rate will increase. So obviously you want to pay low taxes on your contributions now instead of paying high contributions on your contributions AND returns later. Choose the C fund.

>USAA
It's just a bank restricted to military and vets. USAA. It's the least Jewed bank out there and they reimburse you up to $15/month in ATM fees.

>Flying a fighter would be nice, but I'd be grateful to fly at all.
Get those pie in the sky dreams out of your head. Those go to Academy graduates.

> Can you even go the officer route from the start without a degree?
No.

>I wasted several years on weed, video games, and
I'm currently in the Air Force. I work a job in IT and have continously wasted my time every day playing video games. I still don't have a college degree, and being in the military is like being in retard land. You will do anti - intelligence shit like EPRs and Bullets, and a bunch of inane shit that'd make people think you were borderline retarded in the civilian work force.

Don't join the military thinking it's going to give you skills or make your life better. All it does is give you stricter rules, treat you like a pre-schooler, in exchange for food and using the hurry up and wait time to take online college classes and then get called back into work for 5 extra hours.

Don't forget all the stupid resiliency days of mandatory fun. It will make you want to kill yourself even more if you have an IQ above 100.

>do take advantage of 100% tuition assistance (take gen ed. class(es) while on active duty)
do you guys have something like open university over there ? (it's basically a uni designed for maximum flexibility and ability to do courses while working full time)
i studied there while i was in the army both as a conscript and regular and finished a lot of the courses i later needed for my engineering degree + you can get into a good regular uni based on your grades on a bunch of courses there instead of HS diploma.
you get a package via mail with all the material you need to pass the course (the rest is in video on their site) and the only complication was getting vacation from the army on the specific days you need to go there physically for tests (i did a really good job around the squadron so my NCO told me he can almost guarantee me to get time off those days unless there's like a war or something).

They are actually bleeding pilots rn, going through ROTC you have a decent chance shot at getting a pilot slot. Direct commission, yea that's a different story.

>do you guys have something like open university over there ? (it's basically a uni designed for maximum flexibility and ability to do courses while working full time)
Fuck no, does that sound like something that the USA would have? There are private and small public colleges that specialize in offering classes to the military or their spouses. For example: I was in New Mexico but Coastline College, a public junior college in California, had a contract to provide hybrid classes (part online/part remote video lecture).

what? The US military has standards. You're acting like it's the IDF

You need to lie to get into the military. People think the military doesn't have standards because everybody who gets in lied about something.

Currently sitting with a high level security clearance and still wondering how I got it.

My entire AIT class. except one, lied to get into the military. The class leader literally had a poll ("Raise you hand if you...")

and does the army pay for that or does it pay for your degree once you're done ?.it sound like the open uni over here and if it's specifically for soldiers that's even better. like said army life is dull as fuck and you can feel your IQ dropping while you're forced to do dumb pointless shit (at least i had the fact that i had no choice to comfort me). if you're studying for a uni degree you at least feel like you're achieving something.

Sounds like a good way to get shot & killed in your 20s.

what sorts of things did they lie about ? medical history ?

I went in 2009 before the immigration got worse. As cucked as things are now I fell in love with the place. The history, the culture, and the fact that it's where my roots are. The states are pretty cucked now anyway. I'll have to do some digging in those threads. I don't have much time to waste. I'm going in for the ASVAB in about a month.

Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to get into something worth while, but if I ever have a shot at flying I'm going to take it.

Can't do it unfortunately. I don't have the time or the money to swing that. I'll try my luck the hard way. Flying isn't the only thing I'm interested in anyway.

>and does the army pay for that
idk about the army but the air force pays 100% of tuition for people on active duty.

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs administers the "GI Bill", which pays for 3 years of higher education plus a tax free housing allowance.

Yes and drug use. Funny because it was the opposite when there was a draft. People not only openly shared but frantically tried to get diagnoses to prevent them from getting drafted. It kinda worked in Vietnam but WWII took almost anyone.

I almost got rejected from the AF for having tons of ear wax. Tell the truth about any condition or history, even a ticket and they tell you to fuck off.

That's why recruiters are grade A liars. Don't forget, once you get into the military, if you develop a history of illness or disability you can get money off of it.

80% for PTSD

>Tell the truth about even a ticket and they tell you to fuck off.
Lying about that would be retarded because they check adult and juvenile criminal records.

My dad married my mom while they were both in the Marines, still going strong after 22 years. Might have something to do with her being a police officer and attack helicopter pilot and him infantry though

>airforce
That is honestly the best choice. They highly encourage taking college courses and due to the very private sector-like work schedule you will actually wind up with a degree or very close to having one for free. Unless you are unlucky and wind up in a highly critical unit and get pumped to every U.S theater of operations. (Stay away from AWAX) even still, unless it has changed in recent years the airforce does 3 month rotations instead of 6 months or 1 year in theater. Like the other branches. Someone mentioned the guard. Which is fine, but, I felt that just exposes you to mostly just the negative aspects of the military and few of the positive. And it sounds like you need a break from your "hometown" anyway to reassess your life. Navy is also technical and education oriented (take college courses on ship) but, living on a ship isnt for everyone. I hated it and i was only on one for a few months. I was actually thrilled to hit the beach.
Source? Me. prior service Marine.

>The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs administers the "GI Bill", which pays for 3 years of higher education plus a tax free housing allowance.

how long do you need to sign up to get that ? like that's the minimum ?. here you get free degree if you served in combat + a bunch of scholarships for extra cash and like 1/3 free degree if you sat in an office.but uni degree costs like 40k shekels.

If i am not mistaken, once the allotment is taken out (you opt into the gi bill, then monthly allotments are taken out until you reach a certain cash value, 1200 bucks if i recall) you are vested and you can do the gi bill no matter what. Even if you get kicked out. I dont recall the instances in which you lose access to it. There also booster and secondary programs depending on your degree. Some double the allotment for a shorter time, ect.

How old are you ? There is a age limit for the military right ?

It's not about how long you sign up for or if you are combat but how long you serve on active duty.
army.mil/e2/-images/2009/10/28/54339/size0-army.mil-54339-2009-10-29-141005.jpg

A BA degree at the California State University cost about $30K if you pay for it. But the real benefit is the housing allowance: in the Los Angeles area it is $2,916 per month during the school year.

Scholarships have no relation but I'm sure some vets can pitch their sob story to get some money.

You're talking about the Montgomery GI Bill, which nobody uses anymore because it sucks balls compared to post-9/11 Gi Bill. Post-9/11 costs the serviceman/veteran nothing.

>thinks he's going to get sympathy and support saying he's going to join the jew foreign legion
eat a bullet loser.

1200$ ? that sounds like an amazing deal.you can sign up for the shortest time they allow and get your degree fully paid for cant you ?.
sounds like a great idea over there since you guys have super expensive education.

28 for active duty (special circumstances they will grant a waver for athletic older people) a little higher for guard or reserves and also for people with specific skills. Navy likes tradesmen for their seabees. So most of the reserve units for those are a bunch of older guys...plumbers, truck drivers and such.

so how much active duty do you need for a Bsc with housing ?

Apparently that doesnt exist anymore. (See above) But, the new program would probably operate the same way minus the 1200.

Well. Before 9/11 that was the only show in town. It worked pretty good for me.

Cool. Stay away from women and fags. They want to be able to ruin your career with no evidence.

Literally signing your life away to kikes. What a retard.

No doubt, it was good. The new one is better, though.

See the link. 36 months or 30 days with disability discharge.

If you're fit enough to pass the physical, then go for it. It's the easiest way to get free education and other benefits. My sister and brother in law are both serving and she's studying to be a doctor and he is a medical tech. They get housing allowances and full medical as well.

>Literally a retard whose scope of knowledge on the military is /pol.
Adults are talking.

Good advice. The military was paranoid before the #MeToo movement. I cannot imagine how bad it must be now.

Stay away from military female. Literally don't talk to them ("He sexually harassed me!"), don't stand next to them ("He rubbed his penis on me!"), and don't EVER be alone with them (He raped me!").

Cool. Glad they increased the benefit.

Also, stay away from deals with the barracks whores to get "paper" married so you can live out in town. It ALWAYS ends badly.

Yep. Post 9/11:
No buy-in, automatic opt-in. Must serve 3 years active duty to get 100% of the benefit. Tuition paid at any public college. Plus $1000 book allowance per school year. Plus monthly housing allowance based on BAH for E-5 with dependents.

My original post in this thread advised OP to not marry any local girls or military girls.

Technically its just a roommate arrangement with potentially huge consequences. Not "lust disguised as love". It is important to warn against both.

Kill yourself. People who join the military are garbage, like you. Kill yourself

Yeah. That is a pretty good deal. I also like how they added the service clause on the end of it (3 years). Instead of being a fuck up for however long it took for the MGIbill to vest (12 months or some shit) you basically serve your initial enlistment.

>wanting to fight/die for schlomo

Join or form a militia instead and train for the upcoming civil war

Attached: ECkhXkyU8AAcIUi.jpg (694x715, 87K)

>taking advice from a french flag on matters even remotely related to armed combat
That's just hilarious

Those programs are fairly competitive and the contracts are fairly lengthy. (8 years) Sounds like op needs to sort some shit out before he should sign up for that.

Just search the fucking archives and stop making these stupid fucking should I join the military threads. If you have to ask you're a fucking idiot and a lost cause.

France has the highest victory:defeat ratio and the highest number of wars won out of any country. You don't know what you're talking about

E-4 Active Duty
Ask away

Attached: 20190922_125741.jpg (4608x2240, 3.92M)

Go be a mechanic or something that translates Into the civilian world

I have only done sere 1

Still the best thing I ever did in the military