Did Evola ever explain how to become transcendent?

I was going through this gay little chart but got really annoyed so I skipped straight to Ride the Tiger. I like all the explanations of myth and the existential stuff, but he keeps referring to a transcendental, spiritual transformation and nowhere does he seem to describe how to actually undergo that transformation. The procedure itself is not explained. Does he describe the process in any of his other works?
>inb4 "why did you post such a small image"
the full one is too large to post on Jow Forums

Attached: 00.png (625x478, 506K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/Beelzebubs-Tales-to-His-Grandson-by-G-I-Gurdjieff.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjRntzpjeXkAhVCjK0KHbdLCDMQFjASegQIDBAB&usg=AOvVaw3XCgwj-w6TaZBw2XqbfvGB
youtu.be/CpWpYk_aBUk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump I guess

please lads I need this answered

do self-bumps even count for anything

no, lurk moar

fuck you and fuck cuckchan

It's not something you can make happen, it just happens. Like becoming an Aryan. You cannot become an Aryan if you wish to become Aryan.

yes
Julius Evola - Introduction to Magic

Post 2 larger ones or edit it

Accomplish everything in this pic and skip all the larping "Muh Intellectual" bullshit. Ta-Da! Speedrun to enlightenment.

Attached: 1563140178028m.jpg (1024x760, 218K)

Bumping for interest

>if you do these things I've not done you will be enlightened

Shut up boomer

JUST FUCKING TELL ME HOW TO DO IT RETARD REEEEEEEEEEEEE
Does that actually describe the process of self-initiation? From my understanding it was just a list of rituals.
u r gay

>Raising daughters for raiders to take away

Cancuck I guess

Given that Anglos have a history of being raiders I thought you'd be more excited about that prospect user

this post is gay but most of this looks mad comfy

You're gay but I don't expect you to know that because you're American and your culture is neck deep in Enlightenment-era bullshit

Attached: evola.jpg (5000x3827, 2.72M)

Thanks, user.

Attached: 1564729639523.jpg (717x1024, 90K)

Most of you won't even finish this reading list, let alone ever actually own land for have a family. You're just a ordinary joe, but have the ego to reject what people have been doing since the beginning.

Attached: 1564193433867.png (582x675, 775K)

People have been doing Traditionalism for even longer retard.
bro you aren't allowed to post hot grills in the spiritualiust thread bro

It teaches you the meditations and practices to enter in a altered state of consciousness, in this state you will realize that there is much more than the physical visible world

Attached: Initiation is knowledge.png (2567x3313, 263K)

Attached: Initiation is knowledge2.png (2571x3317, 323K)

In this state of consciousness you can make contact with the transcendent divine that he references so much? That's the final ingredient to become a Traditional man, once you have the basics of the doctrine?

yes, this transcendental experience is the goal of many religions, even if they forgot the real meaning of their symbols, you follow the doctrine you want, becoming a yogi, a monk or a traditional man, but there are natural laws that you must follow to achieve this, which can be summed up in: don't be a degenerate

>reading evola
evola was gay and retarded
>won't own land
yes i'd love to pay the government to own land and sink my own finances into a losing bet dickhead

that said get fucked with your retarded assumptions

Sounds super based, thanks brother. Do you think I should take a look at this right after I'm done with Ride the Tiger or is there other required reading I need to do first?
You also seem experienced with this, so do you mind sparing some advice for a fellow traveller?

It's okay to shit on boomers but don't shit on Evola thanks

Evola is a meme man

evola was ok politically but some of his spiritual beliefs were unironically retarded

Kek I live on a farm
>thinking you need to read all of evola
Also kek
Your projection is cute tho

>t. guys who take their knowledge about Evola from Wikipedia
He's an esoteric writer. He's definitionally hard to understand. That doesn't mean what he says doesn't make sense.
How many of you burgers are gonna reply to the canucuck before you realise he's anti-Evola as well.

nearly forgot to respond to this gem
i'm a fucking reactionary and i sympathize with fascists and nazis
try harder nerd, saged

>227405839
to answer your original question on process, I can only tell you that some people do process for years, the same yogas the same chants, all for nothing. some people lose a finger or hear a poem and instantly experience supreme unexcelled awakening. It happens without your consent, you don't get to decide what you believe or what you know, it reveals itself to you and there is no withstanding it.

Youre not trading in the right social capital, easily 10 years away from enlightenment. to try to help i ask why you need it? how will it help you achieve your goals?

>a reactionary
>dislikes Evola
ok larper
Thanks, I'll still try, but it's frustrating to go into it blind. According to Evola first you need to unify your being and then need to actively access the transcendent in order to finalise the process, but I have no idea how to do that last part. Even just the first part is complicated enough. I have had some spiritual experiences in my childhood, but I don't think those were sufficiently suitable or sustainable enough. From what I've gathered, Evola's talking about a permanent transcendence, whereas my experiences have been transient and product of a very specific environment. Once I left the environment and abandoned the related practices, I returned to my normal state.

>7407047
there it is.

>unify your being
so where are the boundaries of your being, as it stands right now?

Why I need spiritual transcendence? Well, when I was younger I was more involved with lived experience. I had my edgy phases when I thought I was a nihilist, but only just now have I actually become a true nihilist. Nothing seems to have value not only on the grand plane but on the internal plane too. I read this passage in Ride the Tiger about the human type that "is active in wanting to be itself, but not with regard to the fact of being thus and not otherwise". I'm the same. I think I know what my central self and values are, but I can't bring it into being without divine legitimacy. There's nothing in the realm of the profane that is worthy enough to live for. In a purely profane sense, I see no meaning in existence. I couldn't live the profane consumerist lifestyle happily either. I think the only option for me is the lifestyle of a Traditional man, but I can't achieve that without access to the transcendent.

This magical part is not dependent of the political and philosophical part, but as you get in to this you realize is really hard work, you'll need a lot of dedication and willpower to accomplish something, reading about life, philosophy can help you, making you question reality and search for answers. If you really wanna have this, you should start working to conquer your vices and getting discipline, a strong and serious mind, with this you'll be succefull in whatever magical practice you choose.

I haven't read enough to say for sure but my guess is no. In Metaphysics Of War he talks about it, he also has a book on Buddhism. My suggestion is that you learn to meditate, make a consistent practice of it. There are many paths, and you need a tool to help you find yours. Meditation may be this tool

I'm not sure if I've unified my being yet, but I believe I do have a central tendency and that's the aim for perfection or transcendence or greatness or however else you choose to phrase it. I don't want to be happy or wealthy or anything else if I have to sacrifice simply being better. Here I mean better in the metaphysical sense, wholly better. Skills, morality, wisdom, physique - everything. I want my being to grow stronger and be in line with the natural order with the prospect of eventually defending it from the forces of dissolution. I want to do that not of personal ambition, but because it's right and natural and just and if I don't do it then I'm abandoning this world to dissolution.

>Nothing seems to have value not only on the grand plane but on the internal plane too
can you show me the boundary between these things? can you take a picture of it? can you hit me with it?
>"is active in wanting to be itself, but not with regard to the fact of being thus and not otherwise"
he almost put too fine a point on it. youve got the first part of his criticism:
>I think I know what my central self and values are
the second part would require identifying exactly what he alludes to as the True Self.

what if i told you there were no two things to unify, the coin only has one edge, and upon realizing that you can make the coin land on edge every time, like a zen master? the world would move at your command, indistinguishable from the body. asking again where are the boundaries between yourself and this transcendental other?

Also look into Gurdjieff. In Search of the Miraculous by Ouspensky is a good introduction. Some of the stuff in there is a bit outlandish, just keep reading

i empathize; you can visualize the potential, you don't have to think about it, you can see it. if its possible then its sad not to do it, especially if you get it for free. i understand it's not egotism.

Wish me luck then, I'll try my best. Thank you.
Another guy here said Evola describes the practices necessary in Introduction to Magic, but the Doctrine of Awakening is definitely also on my reading list. He did mention that Zen practice in particular is related to meditation and moments of spiritual illumination, so I hope he expands on that in his most topical works.

If you're looking to reach the absolute I wouldn't look towards Evola. He understands a great deal; how the spiritual works in the world. But he didn't devote his life to spiritual pursuits. I can't articulate it well. The man was a genius and well worth reading it's just if that is your aim I suggest you look elsewhere.

Alright calm down OP. The reason you aren’t getting many good answers is because Jow Forums doesn’t read books, but you are lucky, I have read quite a bit of Evola and I will tell you how to become spiritually transcendent.

To do so, you must embrace tradition, Guenon did this by converting to Islam and becoming a Sufi. You don’t have to convert to Islam, you can do so to Hinduism, or as I said, simply embrace a spiritual philosophy and engage in dialogue and rituals between other spiritual members. You must reject the modern world, but drift through it. There is no practical answer because it isn’t a practical thing, it is purely traditional/spiritual.

zen has the best way of managing an enlightened population, has the best touring tests for membership, and has the longest history of these people whom were fully realized.

in the 90s some wackjob was wandering in India with a tour group, and the reason he originally went there was to see if he could find his old Guru. he'd been to a meditation retreat, was invited to another by a high priest, and went on this bus with a bunch of people that literally thought he was their next guru (you try to climb to higher mountaintops avoiding people but they lay stones around you anyways, building a temple without your consent).
While the bus was driving along in India they came upon a crossing, the other way leading to a religious site that just finished important ceremonies a few weeks ago. He said, oh the ceremonies are over, there's nothing to see. what the hell, bus driver take us down there for the fun of it.

on that very road the bus drove by a walking man, and it was his Guru. he stopped the bus, got out, prayed at his gurus feet, it was miraculous. the guru got on the bus, and said, lets go to my temple.

when they got there the student got out of the bus, and was greeted by another monk.
>I'm so happy to see you, we've been preparing for you all day!
Preparing for me, how?
>This morning at 6 o'clock the Guru woke everyone up and said, "Get ready a bus full of 40 people and my favorite student will be here this afternoon!"

in order for this to be true, the man had accessed the transcendental and seen his student would get on that bus, that he would decide to take that detour. he knew it all, as if he had a cramp and knew he would soon shit. there was no separateness.

this is direct pointing, the process of expressing your enlightenment in zen buddhism. your life is a constant proof.

>can you show me the boundary between these things?
I think I know what you're getting at. I believe Evola's view is that the spiritual dimension permeates both of those things, but my problem is that not only do I not know if I can be something, but I don't know if I should want to be that something anymore either. Everything has lost its lustre. I think in prior times I used to be explicitly internally united even if in a primitive manner, but now it's like my divergent tendencies have all gotten stronger because nihilism has flattened the field. I still have a central tendency, but I can't justify its dominance through purely profane argumentation.
>what if i told you there were no two things to unify, the coin only has one edge, and upon realizing that you can make the coin land on edge every time, like a zen master? the world would move at your command, indistinguishable from the body. asking again where are the boundaries between yourself and this transcendental other?
I get what you mean, but I think this is where Evola's "experimental proof of being" comes into play. I know what profane existence is like and until I can contrast it with something different, I can't begin to act differently. I'm familiar with the idea of allowing the transcendental to act through you from Savitri Devi's writings, but unless I can make myself feel it I'll struggle to change myself according to that transcendental ideal.
I have my eye on Guenon and a couple of Indian esotericists as well, but I don't know where else to look. Evola is the first and only writer thus far to have truly poked at my spirituality.

>and has the longest history of these people whom were fully realized
Bruh you heard of this dude Siddharta?

I think I am most compatible with Hinduism, but the reason Guenon suggested this course of action was because of the inherited esoteric religious Tradition, which is currently almost extinct and significantly degenerated. This is why Evola states that in this day self-initiation is the only, if risky, realistic path to transcendence. Guenon chose Islam because it was the most available path to enlightenment for a Westerner, but this is also why he moved to the Middle East. Unfortunately, I don't have the resources to move to India or Tibet, nor would I know where to look for the initiatic societies of the modern age.

Keep searching and remain aware. You have a sense that something is off, you're missing something. Keep an eye on that feeling.

people, plural. a few enlightened and a billion gentiles make for a less successful tradition than zen buddhism, if we define the goal as getting people enlightened rather than merely teaching the stories and histories of it. Zen buddhism has a high success rate.

When the universe is one movement, how can you chop it up into separate people places and things? you can't. How will you speak if lanuage is made out of Nouns all Verbing each other in various states of Adjectives? you could take a vow off silence, or drop nouns.

zen has the best tradition of creating these people and getting them functional again after they lose their minds, since this is ultimately what we are talking about. You won't even believe in the idea of separate people to get enlightened, no one to teach and no one to learn. how will you raise a family talking like a crazy man? zen buddhism is uniquely equipped to get people on the right path and get them through this process which destroys many lives.
>have i heard of sidd
can you move the world the way he did? but you know the stories. knowing the stories is not the goal.
When i asked about the sutras my patron thumbed through the pages of the books in a flurry and said, There you've read them.

To be fully honest, I've never personally assigned much value to the "paranormal", to use modern language. My understanding of the transcendent was a sense of being in-tune to a spiritual whole - natural law, if you will - which provides you with no other power than that to act with an absolute sense of certainty and clarity. I believe in divinity, but think of supernatural phenomena metaphorically, if that makes sense.
Thank you, I'll be doing that. I'm just in desperate need of a catalyst for change and that need is strongly felt.

I used to believe in a universalist approach but now I'm sure it was just beginner's enthusiasm, youthful folly. I like zen, I like theravada and Burmese vipassana. Vajrayana too. I also like Gurdjieff, Hinduism, Christianity, Sufism, etc. It's all gravy baby just find the one that works for you. Maybe you like white gravy and the other dude likes it brown.

It's just a bunch of gobbledygook user.

Attached: q.jpg (640x640, 38K)

You're a gobbledygook

Attached: 1562607797007.png (400x297, 84K)

>bro who gives a fuck about this nerevarine shit just hit this moon sugar and take a swig of this skooma

now this is the functional approach. i thought i was an atheist before, i thought i hated the church. now there is wisdom and fun everywhere. I love the songs. once the student has gotten through it there is no religious lockdown, which is where all the art comes from.

right now im studying an extinct critical design theory based on old drafting marks found in manuscripts, they use a lot of geometric shapes as if they were sacred and they don't really use dimensions so much as vectors driven by shapes and their meanings. it's wild.

i think we were supposed to believe that cosades left because he thought the prophecy shit was all in the skooma, he thought he was seeing things.

Care to share some? You might enjoy this book, it's a doozy though
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/Beelzebubs-Tales-to-His-Grandson-by-G-I-Gurdjieff.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjRntzpjeXkAhVCjK0KHbdLCDMQFjASegQIDBAB&usg=AOvVaw3XCgwj-w6TaZBw2XqbfvGB

i called him gay and retarded, never said i disliked him
i like rothbard but acknowledge he's gay and retarded

also who tf are you callin larper retard
you're nutting over evola with a deus vult flag rn

It's because this is my favourite memeflag. The others don't do it for me. Anyway, if your definition of "gay and retarded" allows for him to be super mega based and correct, then that's fine and Big Daddy won't put a curse on you this time.

Attached: 1569004142232.jpg (720x1080, 112K)

>tf, rn
30 year old boomer plays fortnite and ends up talking like a zoomer, many such cases

just 22 and retarded homie

wtf same

Nb dude, nb

How to become transcendent.

1. Take up your cross

2. Deny yourself

3. Deny the world

4. Be born again of water and spirit

5. Eat his flesh and drink his blood.

Nihilist here too. I respect my high principles and could not forgive myself by going down the path most degenerates go. I know better than that. Imho all spiritual shit is a trap for those that try to look beyond. Maybe trap is a too harh word. Watch the holy mountain movie

>Raising daughters is cucked

I never got this meme

Attached: 1533486667327.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

The holy mountain is about spiritual paths though, lol
Jodorowsky was a student of Gurdjieff among other things. The movie is rife with spiritual symbolism

drop memevola and start with the greeks

always wondered
do you guys want people to start with plato or aristotle? i definitely didn't start with plato if that's the ideal order

Here is the copypasta
I cannot think or comprehend of anything more cucked than having a daughter. Honestly, think about it rationally. You are feeding, clothing, raising and rearing a girl for at least 18 years solely so she can go and get ravaged by another man. All the hard work you put into your beautiful little girl - reading her stories at bedtime, making her go to sports practice, making sure she had a healthy diet, educating her, playing with her. All of it has one simple result: her body is more enjoyable for other men.

Raised the perfect girl? Great. Who benefits? If you're lucky, a random man who had nothing to do with the way she grew up, who marries her. He gets to ravage her every night. He gets the benefits of her kind and sweet personality that came from the way you raised her.

As a man who has a daughter, you are LITERALLY dedicating at least 20 years of your life simply to raise a girl for another man to enjoy. It is the ULTIMATE AND FINAL cuck. Think about it logically.

The way I see it as that not matter what you seek there is always a bigger boss you need to overcome, there is no end in sight, its justfurther steps of bullshit, there is no end in sight. I think the end message is quite good... Go on live your life the way you can, as for the rich, the evil, the fanatics there is always something they will be sold to reach further

I dunno dude. I feel like once you really hit the bottom and realise how meaningless everything is - especially today - without a divine actor life becomes pure hell with no heaven. I literally wouldn't be able to justify my own breathing in a purely profane world.
Cause you're feeding a woman that another man will fuck. It's a based, redpilled and very epic worldview ;)
Philosophy and Traditionality spirituality are two very different things, frog fren. Admittedly, I did not at all start with the Greeks, but I am fairly well educated on philosophy, generally speaking. I could use some more esoteric shit, though.

you can start anywhere you want but you will need knowledge of greek philosophy if you want to really understand what's going on, see the progression of philosophy. Plato is also easy to read so it's a fine way to start, Aristotle not so much but there's much worse

Evola makes metaphysical claims though

Life is empty true but I do live my life just like before, just that I dont bother as before.. people suffer, people die, normies only care if it hits too close to comfort. Fuck em....

i've read enough philosophy in college to know that most of the western world is some kind of kantian offshoot; i've also read some aristotle for a couple of courses. i'll prolly start reading the republic soon

Interestingly enough Evola didn't considerd himself a reactionary as they wanted to bring the nation and the Nation State to an earlier point while he wanted to eradicate them as a concept

he does in ride the tiger

Yeah but he's really based so it's okay.
I mean sure, fuck normies, but I don't like the idea of going with the flow either. That is, after all, what the normies do too. They just aren't self-aware enough to know that.
I guess that depends on the definition of reactionary you use? Insofar as it relates to monarchism, spirituality and hierarchy he shares a lot with that intellectual vein.
Do you know which chapter? I may have still not gotten to it.

Evola was an anti natalist tho

What? No. Where did you read that?

He literally speaks of a plague of births in the doctrine of awakening and even called for a anti demographic policy in metaphysics of war

This is the first I hear of this but I'm sure there's some context to it. I doubt he opposed natality just because, given that he's a Traditionalist and all.

Evola was clearly opposed to put too many new lives into the world during the kali Yuga, plus he didn't believed in a struggle between races.

By going with the flow I see it as living a stress free life meaning having a stable financial situation and keeping myself healthy. I dont know man, there is a path for everybody, My ideas might change as they do every so often. Each to his own bro. Stay safe

Are you dense, he expicitly stated that the differentiated type it is not neccesary to become secluded and live the fucking instagram woodlife dream. Also op if you want to catch a glimpse behinde the veil through transcendence go take a walk in arrillery fire and catch a grenade Fragment in your spine. In metaphysics oft war he stated More than clearly that even being cannon fodder for the merchant caste you can have moments of such supreme consciousness through those life or death situationans. But there were other books also
I am not sure you will find what you seek here...

Its all lip-service, only a fool would believe these works oft fiction

He was certainly very fond of Indo-Europeans, at any rate. He didn't believe that race is all there is to it, but he valued blood in a traditional sense.
Fair enough dude. God bless.
>TFW wanna transcend without getting crippled like Daddy E.
Also ignore the canuck, he doesn't like Evola anyway.

Also feel the need to throw in gurdjieff, not sure how "intertwinable" it is with Evola but he gets mentioned multiple times.

G. Speaks oft 3 ways to "enlightenment"
The way of the fakir, monk and yogi.

I.e. crystalization of character (soul(?))
Through one of these ways.
"...combines and harmonizes what he saw as three established traditional "ways" or "schools": those of the emotions, the body, and the mind, or of monks, fakirs, and yogis, respectively. Students often refer to the Fourth Way as "The Work", "Work on oneself", or "The System". The exact origins of some of Gurdjieff's teachings are unknown, but various sources have been suggested."
His life work seemed to be paving the forth way but it is quite a brick to chew. Ouspensky(gurdjieffs student) search of the miraculous is a good and easy enough start.

Attached: f815eff582f92d5895e2a23555ce87a994a2f43c9f31538c9a14757e692ecbd6.jpg (1024x651, 111K)

Also on a sidenote, dabrowski's theory of positive dissolution is worth looking into.

This is a brilliant take on it, thank you so much. I never thought of that in fact I was blind to it. I still say it's a spiritual film but you are entirely right.

This may help familiarize anons with Gurdjieff
youtu.be/CpWpYk_aBUk
Did he say that about this age? I was under the impression that he said fighters of this age are more driven by external influence and passionate impulse rather than a higher principle. It's one of the reasons I've been conflicted about going to war myself

Those are some unfamiliar names. I appreciate the pointers. If you'd like to add anything else, I'd be happy to listen.