AR-10 FTE issues

Anyone have this problem. Ran 80 rounds of steel (brown bear silver and Monarch) just fine. Issues started with PPU and Fiocchi .308

Attached: post-1694-136297272693.jpg (1024x768, 78K)

Is the gas adjustable?

Should have bought an MR762. All other AR10s are garbage.

It's that garbage brass cased ammo, stick with steel cased and you'll be fine.

Steel case ammo doesn't expand and seal the chamber as well as brass does. You will get some fouling in the chamber. It's normal. Steel ammo can deal with it.
When you swap to brass ammo, the chamber still has all of that residue. The brass will expand and "bite" that grit.
Clean your chamber very well when going from steel to brass and you should be ok.

so the gun is unreliable then?

Not necessarily.
Nearly all semiauto's need the chamber cleaned when going from steel the brass ammo. Just the nature of the beast.
Clean the piss out of the chamber, and re-try with just brass ammo. It'll probably be ok.

except for AK's
And the PTR

hmmmmmm sounds like a junk gun to me. Time to trade it to some other idiot then

Nooo i live in the germany and it e wery difficulty to get e weapon.

Then just shoot steel case ammo

is your bolt that fucking filthy or is it some sort of coating?

Its not my gun, just a picture I found of the type of malfunction as I did not take any pictures of my own at the range

10/10 fudd lore

Clean it
check your gas setting if possible
try running hotter ammo (more velocity from same bullet weight, or heavier with only a little less velocity)

>your didn't properly clean your brand new rifle fresh out of the box enough

10/10 militarylore

Attached: 1461366664237.jpg (541x498, 42K)

not him but yea bro, clean n oil that shit right

>HK
>Ever

especially

>Hk
>civilian
>ever ever

lmaoing at your life

It was already clean and it was lubed correctly. No gun should suffer stoppages because it wasn't cleaned within 100 rounds, that is literally Vietnam era nonsense

Did you run steel then brass without cleaning the chamber?
Clean the chamber after shooting steel before shooting brass.
Steel doesnt expand to form a gas seal like brass does so fouling gets into the chamber. Its fine if you continue to shoot steel but brass will expand into the fouling in the chamber and it will cause them to stick. Buy a chamber brush.

It isn't an extraction problem, no casings are getting stuck

Ummmm
Have you ever cleaned a chamber after steel vs brass?
I'm guessing not....

sounds like you didnt do it right bro

>low quality powders
>DI
do you even use your almonds? clean your gas tube too bro

This user is right. It's a known issue in the specific case where you have shot a ton of steel case, and are switching to brass.

Its failing to eject because it isnt extracting fast enough. Ive had this problem a lot. If he shot more steel the brass would fail to extract at all.

>80 rounds
>a ton

oh boy

Attached: 1444951750299.jpg (400x386, 25K)

>ak
>massivly tapered chamber to aid in extraction
>ptr
>fluted chamber to aid in extraction
>ar
>flat barely tapered chamber that seals to the case
Golly gee willickers i wonder why fouling is a problem.

>fouling after 80 rounds

AR-10's are shit

Steel cases dont expand and form a gas seal like brass does like multiple people have said. This isnt an ar10 issue.

Don't mix brass and steel in one range visit.

I have had two series of FTE problems with my Ar 10 first was with an A2 stock and the retaining bolt being a 16 too long which made it short stroke.

Second is whit low power rounds like all the comblock steel cased shit. It just does not pack enough punch to cycle the gun well.

I am not enlarging the gas port to run shit ammo. So I buy brass NATO spec ammo and it runs like a champ and is 1 moa with quality ammo

so the gun is a shit

>Put diesel in a petrol car
>wow what an unreliable turd

>implying steel is the problem
>implying just about everyone else with .308 ARs aren't have the same issue

AR-10's are a shit

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (908x812, 50K)

>AR-## is shit
>here's this video of a bottom of the barrel example to prove me right

go do a quick search on Ar-10's, pretty much the same issues across all manufacturers

Mine has never had any issues with FTE's. I mean, it's never had any issues at all. I guess I own a trash gun now because other people are having problems. Damn.

Attached: DSCN1178.jpg (2464x944, 837K)

AR-10s can be picky with some ammo but like said this could cause some issues.

Attached: ass.jpg (1024x768, 166K)

he is kinda right though
op this user has it right. My rock river arms ar10 was pretty picky and had some quirks to sort out.
>failure to eject
>double feds
>doesn't like X brand ammo
>likes Y brand ammo
after a few hundred rounds of trying this and that I swapped an oring on the extractor spring, and a heavier buffer. Rifle works like a champ now loves that Malaysian surplus 7.62

Attached: MuhLar8.jpg (4032x3024, 3.5M)

still completely unacceptable

guns should work coming right out the box, none of this "you have to tilt it sideways, on a Wednesday, and only on a full moon with bullets made from a unicorns tears" bullshit

AR-10s a shit

Attached: 12096359_892591770818690_1588136414497687550_n.png (567x320, 247K)

This is why you never use steel cased ammo! MORON!
You have fucked your rifle shooting cheap ammo to save money! Clean the chamber, especially the neck/shoulder of the chamber, run a wire up the gas tube.
Stupid fuck

People who actually shoot their guns and use them would disagree with you.

Hey friend, nice to see you in a thread.

wrong

There are AR-10 pattern rifles that shoot steel just fine

A good Ar-15 will shoot steel just fine

stop being an apologist for bad gun manufacturing

This is the worst thread I've ever seen. SAGE this bum