Looking to buy a inexpensive pump shotgun tomorrow just to Target shoot with...

Looking to buy a inexpensive pump shotgun tomorrow just to Target shoot with. I'm leaning heavily towards the Benelli Nova Pump as someone is shooting me a deal on one for $350. Any other recommendations? I've considered the Stevens 320 and Moss 500 as well as they are cheaper.

Attached: FB_IMG_1527005870096.jpg (1025x1280, 97K)

Novas are solid. If it's in good shape, I'd go for it.

It's in pretty much new condition, and comes with the ghost ring sites instead of rifled sights.

Nigga spend 180 bucks and get a Maverick 88 to kick around.

500 is great and even the maverick (mossberg) 88 is good if you're feeling particularly jew-like.

>ghost ring
Not sure what you're getting it for, but I'd prefer a bead site for trap/skeet.

Aesthetics. I don't like the weight and build of the Maverick 88 either, shit mad flimsy.

Hawk 982
Ghost Ring
Most parts that Remington made plastic are metal, and it fits almost every 870 aftermarket piece out there.

>Hawk 982
Is it good though?

>shit mad flimsy
Please stop

Nope. It is. It felt so cheap I wanted to vomit. At least the pardner pump is heavy and feels infinitely more stable.

>Claims Mossberg is cheap and flimsy
>Plans to buy a gun that's 70% plastic

Only supernovas are worth the money. Standard Novas are overpriced imported shit.

I have both. Some Maverick 88s ship with a really shitty pump that isn't textured and is really wobbly. I'd avoid those kind, but ones with a decent pump are g2g. The Pardner has a ridiculous amount of recoil and is noisy as hell though, especially compared to the less robustly built Maverick.

>Mossberg garbage
I never said that. The Maverick is flimsy from the ones I've held and shot. The polymer on the Nova is solid, so, incorrect. $350 for a very well built shotgun is not overpriced in any form.

not OP here, what are the differences between the Supernova and Nova? played with one of the two at a gun show once and wasn't happy with the pumping action, felt kind of flimsy. used to a 1989 Rem 870 police magnum that's been well used. i dont expect it to be a solid brick like that but I'd like it to feel nice.

The only difference is the stock and trigger guard. The supernova has better of both but the rest is identical. I own both and they are the best shotguns for the money in terms of ease of use and cleaning, durability, and feel

i'll play with a few then. any tips to finding a gucci one? certain manufacture dates, types, etc

And that's what I wanted to know. I usually keep a gun for a while and then flip it, get something different, but I want something worth keeping.

The main difference is the Nova is a one piece butt stock and reciever. Like a Glock the reciever is polymer over a steel skeleton. About the only thing you can change on them is the barrel.

The supernova is a separate stock and reciever. This you can at least swap stocks on if you want. It also includes the comfortec stock for recoil reduction which is nice with 3 1/2 inch shells.

It's really not. It's not a refined gun, but it's far from flimsy.

honestly looking into one just to run 3.5" shells desu, I imagine it'd be silly to run 3.5" slugs through it and that's why I'm looking into it.

Either way, I'm not buying a Maverick. I would buy a 500 outright for just a little more.

I honestly have no idea man. I would just go finger fuck them at bass pro or whatever.
Make sure if you get a nova with a duck/skeet barrel to oil the part where the rib meets the barrel. I hunt ducks in ocean deltas and thats the only part i have ever seen rust, and my safe is particularily humid.

Im the same guy who has both and I have shot 3.5 inch buck through my nova and the recoil offhand felt similar to a bolt .50 from the bench. Pretty fun honestly but those rounds are like 3 bucks each in canada