Just won a s&w model 10 for $270. How'd I do lads

Just won a s&w model 10 for $270. How'd I do lads

Attached: model10.jpg (1024x678, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

a.co/6Ci4cQt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If that’s the actually piece you did bretty gud. What dash number?

Attached: 01C1B53D-C42A-4099-8AD8-58244116F787.jpg (2214x1654, 878K)

You dun great. I got my Aus Police Trade in Model 10 from bud's about 5 years ago for just under $300. Tiny bit of holster wear on the bluing and cylinder. It came with some sort of rubber grips, that I didn't like the aesthetic of at first but they fit me like a glove so I kept them.

Is that pic of the actual one you won or just a generic one? Either way you'll love it, mine has been my favorite gun the whole time I've had it

I'm a dunce. Here's the actual gun itself. No idea why I took an image off Google for the 1st one.

Attached: model10.jpg (425x278, 44K)

nice
Oooooooooooooooooooo

Also, it's a 10-6

Good deal. 10 dash what?

Pretty excited. It's my first gun.

I've seen forums where people say you can shoot +p's out of a 10-6. Is this true?

10-6 my dude

If anyone could help me out with some knowledge. Can I use ballistol on a blued gun? Is there a supreme gun cleaner I should use?

you should find the proper thread next time.
Yes, you can use ballistol on blued guns, even on nickel plated guns.

proper thread?

Yes you can. They didn't mark their early guns as +P capable because back then it just kind of went without saying.

QTDDTOT

Nice

Awesome, I have a victory model and I love it. Great pistol.

Wanna buy a model 686 for $400?

Damn the barrels thick. Nice user.

A classic. Lots of fun. Kills people very effectively.
Stupid simple to operate. What is not to like?

southern ohio guns has model 64s for $250 and whatever they decide to charge you for shipping

If that's the piece in OP you did better than me. I paid $300. Got a 10-11, plenty of holster wear, a couple deep scratches, and pitting along the edge of the uncle mike's rubber grip...which is the middle of the frame, also a bit of rust.

Not really bothered. If I got a piece like yours I'd keep the wood grips and baby it. Mine is recent production and aesthetically banged up. It cleaned up nicely though, so I'll slap some hogue grips on it and let my gf use it for home defense.

What do you use to clean yours after the range? I'm a gun newbie

>tfw you backed out from buying a pre lock Model 66 for $400

Attached: 1501986259294.png (396x385, 7K)

I love my pre model 10

Attached: 20170902_154703.jpg (3024x3024, 3.67M)

Is that a Regulation Police? I have a nickel plated one in 32 long from 1924

I love revolvers

I got mine for free, so ya dun goofed you stupid faggot.

CLP is great. You can use it to clean and lube.
No need to go crazy on a cleaning kit. I own ~30 firearms and 99% of what I use to clean is in a tiny 6"x 6"x 3" box.

Get a cheapo kit like this plus the following: a.co/6Ci4cQt
>Two old toothbrushes, one for cleaning, one for lubing
>Small bottle of CLP

You should be able to fit all that in one small package.

Order extra cleaning patches as you need them, and I keep a red shop rag in my kit. If you want to use paper towels they work, but they tear apart pretty easy.

The S&W action is strong, but treat it as if it could break. No flicking the cylinder shut like in the movies or anything.

It's just the good ole pre-model 10. Mines also from the 20-30s. Don't know how it's early life went, but it did some time with the USBR.