Has there ever been any historic accounts of women with prosthetic limbs serving in WW2?

Has there ever been any historic accounts of women with prosthetic limbs serving in WW2?

Attached: 1527120591123.jpg (1394x745, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Hall
youtube.com/watch?v=46TiMwMSq6E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

>cricket bat wrapped in barbwire
what is this The Walking Battlefield?

Battlefield:Liverpool Urchins

Not strictly defending EA BUT didn't Dice's twitter say this game was going to be alternate history?
Steampunk WW2 seems pretty gay but interesting.

oh god its going to blow

What is this, mutant chronicles?

>alternate
>ie making it inclusive becuase they think it will boost sales

>alternate history

That's a shitty way to say "we want to be trendy and cool :)"

I thought they said the opposite.

All they had to do was make a polish resistance faction if they wanted their womyn inclusivity. Half of the Americans drafted were black, colored, and generally poor so they could have had poc there.
Maybe have the non-white soldiers fight europeans only on the appropriate maps but keep it accurately white other than that.
THAT'S IT. THEY COULD HAVE HAD THEIR DUMB INCLUSIVITY AND NOT MADE EVERYONE MAD BUT NOOOOO.

*fight for europeans

would be cool if its a steam punk style WW2 theater game

Oh god, pls don't. That just might manage to force dice to go bankrupt

They could do so much while being historically accurate AND have their snowflake characters. Even on the axis site. But this is ridiclious

that'd actually be fucking awesome. have a polish resistance campaign, builds up to warsaw uprising. start of one of the missions, protag looks out over the river and can see the soviets waiting for germans to shut the uprising down so they can "liberate" the city.

>Disabled unattractive female played by a "bullyhunter"
It's like this one picture perfectly captures everything wrong with the modern video game industry

People were saying the exact same thing about BF1

Give over m8. No one from Liverpool plays cricket.

WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN THE FUCKING POLISH RESISTANCE MOVEMENT BUT INSTEAD WE GET A FUCKING MEME GROUP OF PEOPLE WITH A WAMEN MISSING AN ARM

They fucked this up in BF1 too. All the player models and skins had a place, but the way they were distributed was ridiculous. 20% black 30% middle eastern british teams. Russian teams who were 10% women.
They should have delegated these skins to different maps where they would be appropriate like you said. Maybe make the female russian player model a 1 in a thousand not 1 in 10 chance for the sniper class.
It's just so dumb and obviously forced the way it is.

Attached: 1527120324898.png (1080x553, 99K)

Well, their aim is clearly already off the mark.

>Jow Forums has girls with gun threads all the time
>RO already exists as a realistic form of industrial era warfare.
Jow Forums will complain about everything.

Attached: 1516072022689.jpg (726x960, 116K)

This is a game about an event that already happened.
Making up shit and claiming your game is respectful and believable is not gonna fly. CoD WW2 already got backlash from this.
They should have known better.

>Has there ever been any historic accounts of women with prosthetic limbs serving in WW2?

photo titled 'Me As Al Jolson', from an album belonging to Hitler's companion Eva Braun, depicting her in Munich in 1937 in blackface as American actor Al Jolson

Attached: article-0-0D8BF092000005DC-446_634x899.jpg (634x899, 139K)

The bullyhunter part is edited in you do know that?

People said the same thing about their WW1 game, and Dice answered the same thing "no it's totally realistic, we are following history to the letter".

And it's probably gonna be just as ridiculously fast and retarded as BF1
>We will never get another BC2 and BF3
I'm not even gonna bother with triple A gamed anymore.

>could have called battlefield 1, "battlefield 1900" and alot of the criticism could have been avoided
>actually avoid meantioning whatever war the new battlefield is about but display your politics so obviously, it doesnt really matter anymore in the first place
i mean, i have long since jumped off the battlefieldwagon and am currently awaiting post scriptum, but fuck me. its like they want to alienate people away from their games. its funny tho since when i think about cripples still fighting in ww2 i think of hardcore nazis like hans ulrich rudel that flew his stuka without legs.

Not only no but there have been no historic accounts of British women serving in the British Army in any capacity they were ever issued a weapon much less saw or were in threat of seeing combat.

This alternate history bullshit has been going on for years. All battlefield games are based of a period but never accurate. Even 1942 was just WWII themed but had a lot of inaccruacies in which people could call it "alternate"

People use the term to make BF seem disingenuous as to what it is portraying.

BF1942 took some liberties on realism back in 2002 and i don't remember complaining about it

Attached: 1498460098586.jpg (650x500, 101K)

>half
7% and only 26% of those were deployed OCONUS.

The fucking Germans, historically, had more blacks in their ranks in Europe than America did

What's the problem? It's a miracle EA hadn't killed them already.

1942's expansions were not played straight like this is according to the devs you disingenuous cock.

I phrased that very poorly and my memory was fuzzy.
Gomen.

Attached: 1517083806512.png (538x442, 138K)

Yeah but 1942 didn't have the gay ass diversity, you were either a kraut or a bong, or a chink or a burger.

Even the base game had some inaccuracy. Off the top of my head, STGs were never in Africa, market garden was portrayed inaccurately, battle of Midway was also massively wrong.

Saying the series has always been about accurately portraying of the theme a specific title was based of is what is disingenuous.

If you're going to claim diversity, than that shit started with either bad company or BF3, I don't really recall.

>respectful
>believable within the era of WWII

Attached: Tokio_Kid_Say.png (412x554, 448K)

There's a difference between inaccuracies created by virtue of it being a videogame and deliberate disrespect for history while you claim you are respecting it.

>Has there ever been any historic accounts of women with prosthetic limbs serving in WW2?

Actually Yes.

Virginia Hall: The One-Legged Spy

Despite having lost her left leg from the knee down after a 1932 hunting accident, Baltimore-born Virginia Hall carried out missions for both the highly secretive British Special Operations Executive (SOE) and the American Office of Strategic Services (OSS). Fitted with an artificial limb, which she nicknamed “Cuthbert,” Hall worked early in the war for the SOE in occupied France. She often posed as a journalist for The New York Post. After the United States joined the fighting in 1941, Hall, now 35, returned to France as an operative for the OSS. Disguising herself as an old lady, she gathered intelligence for the planners of the D-Day landings. Once the Gestapo became aware of her exploits, they put her on the Nazi’s wanted list. In fact, German counter-intelligence codenamed her the “limping lady.” Hall survived the war and later served in the CIA. She died in 1982 at the age of 76.

Attached: Virginia_Hall.jpg (560x353, 40K)

F

That's pretty awesome.

>Not only no but there have been no historic accounts of British women serving in the British Army in any capacity they were ever issued a weapon much less saw or were in threat of seeing combat.

Nancy Wake?

Perhaps best known for planning and leading a raid on a Gestapo headquarters that left almost 30 Germans dead or wounded. The New Zealand–born journalist was living in France at the outbreak of war and quickly became involved with the resistance. A natural born spy and a crack shot to boot,Wake parachuted into occupied France in April 1944 while suffering a raging hangover from a party the night before. In late July 1944, while senior Gestapo officers in the old town hall in Montluçon were enjoying a glass of schnapps before lunch, Wake led a group of armed men into the building and started shooting. On reaching the local chief’s office, she opened the door and tossed in two hand grenades. “I hate wars and violence,” she later recalled. “But if they come then I don’t see why we women should just wave a proud goodbye and then knit them balaclavas.” Wake would go onto become one of the most decorated woman combatants of the Second World War. She continued to work in intelligence after VE Day and later would run for a seat in Australian parliament. She died in 2011 at the age of 98.

Attached: 220px-Nancy_Wake_(1945).jpg (220x336, 16K)

>serving in the British Army
She did all that as either a civilian or a nonmilitary employee of the MoD.

She held a rank of captain in the SOE you retard. Or do you think he bought her own plane and parachute?

>pic
Now thats the game i want made, and a ww1 game with monstergirls

t. GF is cute as fuck and was trained in underwater demolition and knife fighting in the 80s in eastern Europe. She'd fuck you up son and not in the nice way. Likes soft furnishings and cooks well to.

Hélène (SOE) , Nancy Wade

Captain Tardivat greeted her remarking, "I hope that all the trees in France bear such beautiful fruit this year.", to which she replied, "Don't give me that French shit."

/ourgirl

>alternate history?
So that's codeword for niggers and trannies right...nice.

>That's pretty awesome.

Remarkable women are as rare as remarkable men.

Mare Nancy Wade the most /k woman that ever lived
She killed an SS sentry with her bare hands to prevent him from raising the alarm during a raid. During a 1990s television interview, when asked what had happened to the sentry who spotted her, Wake simply drew her finger across her throat. "They'd taught this judo-chop stuff with the flat of the hand at SOE, and I practised away at it. But this was the only time I used it – whack – and it killed him all right. I was really surprised."[

cool story bro but the bitch still needs a man(not you obviously) to open a jar of pickles for her.

Attached: giphy-2.gif (640x357, 3.04M)

>cool story bro but the bitch still needs a man(not you obviously) to open a jar of pickles for her.

Are you a homosexual?

What about any historic accounts of MG42 being fitted with huge muzzle brake and skeleton forward grip?

Attached: mg42.png (1264x748, 1023K)

>Remarkable women are as rare as remarkable men.
ummmm no sweetie every woman is remarkable in their own way, it was thanks to our women that we won against the white nazi scum.
Don't @ me.

She killed a German with her barehands, and when her and some other fellows captured an enemy female spy the men wouldn't kill her, but Ms. Wake put her down when the men wouldn't.

And also katana-wielding british commandos Bren gunners?

Attached: katana commando.png (912x902, 862K)

>MGs are gonna do that retarded shit where bipods are always extended
How did DICE get LMGs so right in BF3 and then constantly fuck them up every time after?

Looks like it's gonna be bad company ww2.
At least its battlefield. Flying a 109 is gonna be fun

When asked why the hell she sold a trio of Croix de Guerres, she said, "There's no point in keeping them… I'll probably go the hell and they'd melt anyways."

/ourgirl

Attached: wake3.jpg (313x345, 15K)

>every woman is remarkable in their own way

No they are not and neither are most men. I associate people who use the word sweetie with the mentally ill.

user you are replying to a clearly ironic post and your are obviously braindead.

>the white nazi scum.

Open a history book the people who defeated the Nazis were mostly white men and you shit on their sacrifices with that modernist shit

Well he is a Jow Forumstard

You two aren't very smary

Attached: cat.jpg (235x235, 8K)

>your are obviously braindead.

My what? The braindead one is OP and his opposite the shitty company that made this shitty game and all of you for buying into their marketing.

"Freedom is the only thing worth living for. While I was doing that work,
I used to think it didn't matter if I died, because without freedom there was no point in living"

Attached: nancy-Wake.jpg (460x599, 67K)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Hall

Closest thing to OP's pic that I could come up with.

see

>BF1
>fast
what

It should be noted that this was NOT campaign footage. It was a multiplayer footage showcase of the accessory and customization options that'll be available.
At least that's what I saw it as and hope to God it is. Playing in a campaign with Diverse TV street gang #5 would be an awful thing.

We are all obviously shitting on this game, ZERO BRAIN ACTIVITY MAN

Compared to literally any other battlefield the arcadyness is absurd.

This kiwi is pretty cool, everytime I see a NZ roundel I'll think of Nancy Wake instead of laughing because their roundel is a kiwi

Although the battles and certain weapons being used in certain theaters might be wrong, it is still much better than having british black people run around with katanas

Nah I hate everything and everyone equally. With the exception of dogs and weapons.

she was all the SOE and MI6 women were fairly hardcore mode.

Not a woman, but Douglas Bader

Yeah, should have cruised the thread before posting. Oh well.

>50 v 50 battles
>50 vehicles
>40 weapons
>Undivided attention to authenticity and history
>Deep gameplay with tactical, logistical, and strategic layers
>Huge emphasis on communication and teamwork
>Customization that's historically accurate
youtube.com/watch?v=46TiMwMSq6E
It's like Battlefield, but good

Attached: 7d1202b95283c3c1fdd84f4d899c12dfaf1e72bd.jpg (720x405, 318K)

the sword and bow actually has historical providence

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill

>Lieutenant-Colonel John Malcolm Thorpe Fleming Churchill, DSO & Bar, MC & Bar (16 September 1906 – 8 March 1996), was a British Army officer who fought throughout the Second World War armed with a longbow, bagpipes, and a basket-hilted Scottish broadsword.

>Nicknamed "Fighting Jack Churchill" and "Mad Jack", he was known for the motto: "Any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed."

>Churchill gave the signal to attack by cutting down the enemy Feldwebel (staff sergeant) with a barbed arrow, becoming the only British soldier known to have felled an enemy with a longbow in the war.[12] According to his son, Malcolm, "he and his section were in a tower and, as the Germans approached, he said, 'I will shoot that first German with an arrow,' and that's exactly what he did."

>With the help of a corporal, he infiltrated the town and captured the post, taking 42 prisoners including a mortar squad. Churchill led the men and prisoners back down the pass, with the wounded being carried on carts pushed by German prisoners. He commented that it was "an image from the Napoleonic Wars."[21] He received the Distinguished Service Order for leading this action at Salerno.[22]

Churchill later walked back to the town to retrieve his sword, which he had lost in hand-to-hand combat with the German regiment. On his way there, he encountered a disoriented American patrol, mistakenly walking towards enemy lines. When the NCO in command of the patrol refused to turn around, Churchill told them that he was going his own way and that he wouldn't come back for a "bloody third time".

>In retirement, his eccentricity continued. He startled train conductors and passengers by throwing his briefcase out of the train window each day on the ride home. He later explained that he was tossing his case into his own back garden so he would not have to carry it from the station

absolute mad lad.
someone needs to make this mans story into a film.

British spy was a broad with a wooden leg.

Shot herself in the leg though. So. Yeah.

No he’s a faggot.

the original game was pretty accurate for what it was

before that all most people had was flight sims and shit like medal of honor

kek. This.

That's badass

They won't admit it, but it is just one of the many attempts to wash Europeans away from their own history.

Attached: 1524253760680.png (1920x1080, 1.73M)

Here’s a game they should make

>Battlefield: Radicals or Anons pathetic attempt to cash in on American Political Instability
>Play as one of 3 factions vying for control in the US
>Th Far Left: A bunch of left wing factions united together to fight of fascists, or anyone who disagrees with them really, and stand up for the poor and oppressed whether they want to or not! It’ll work this time, I swear guys!
>The Far Right: Fuckin’ kikes have gone too far and it’s time for the Huwite man to stand up for himself! Despite having no real combat experience since the Army is for fools fighting for Israel, they’re gonna show those niggers/kikes/cucks for having the nerve to exist even they probably have some native or nigger in them! Seig Heil!
>The Patriots: Veterans and and True Patriots come together to defend the Nation and the Constitution from Fascists and Commies, damn bastards want to fuck with normal people (and your GI Bill and benefits)! Fight to maintain normalcy, surely this shit won’t happen again if we win!
>fight on several different locations across America and use all the weapons available in the American Market and Black Market!

It’s a gold mine guys

Attached: Black Enlisted Man.jpg (720x886, 40K)

Lmao, is there actually evidence of this? Sounds like complete made up propaganda, like that pilot who killed a Japanese pilot with a pistol from a parachute. WW2 was filled to the brim with made up lies to make each side feel better.

Attached: fake as shit.jpg (735x413, 105K)

>BUT didn't Dice's twitter say this game was going to be alternate history?
I've been thinking that this looks like the most retarded fps I'd ever seen.
I know I won't end up buying it even though I know it'd be fun, but at least I can partially excuse how stupid it looks so far from some of the screenshots knowing it's some alternate history.
>why can't we just have a good reiteration of battlefield 1942 again? no bullshit

>it'd be fun
Battlefield hasn't been fun since Battlefield 2142

>t. Never played BC2
In BC2 if you were going across the map in anything other than a vehicle, your ass was getting sniped by any number of bullshit long range weapons
Not to mention it required at least a modicum of tactics on a squad level to get any meaningful shit done, even if it meant delegating your Assault to be a fucking mortar crew

The last one I played was vietnam, I'll take your word for it.

Nahh that's what BF1 should have been.

Could have even had Ron Pearlman

The Bad Company series was good. Different but good.

Actually, I take that back, I did play BF2.
It was alright I guess, didn't hold my attention too long though.

BC2 was great
>Get put in squad of Australians
>Nonstop banter on team chat
>Figure out you can destroy the Mcom stations by covering them in antitank mines and throwing a grenade in
>For extra fun, we'd all throw mines in, the last guy would activate it and draw the attention of the defenders then Allah Akbar himself when they came to stop it

Nigger That Shit Looks Like Horizon Zero