When will Jow Forums be able to admit it?

> Boomer calibres: boomers swear by these and spread urban legend bullshit about their "knockdown" power and how they'll send targets flying back. They're usable, but clearly not the best choice. The boomer is in denial that 9mm performs as well as .45 (and better for penetration) while allowing higher capacity. Many haven't moved past using wheelgats for carry and act like .357 is the end all be all calibre.
.45, .38, .357 mag

> Useful calibres: These are practical calibres for defense from people and animals, as well as hunting if you can't into long gun.
9mm, 10mm, .44mag
> Meme tier calibers: speaks for itself. Some will unironically use these and defend them, but there is no reason to bother with any of them for anything beyond funsies at the range.
.380, .40, .357 sig, .45 GAP, 50 AE, .32, .25, .22 short
> Useful for plinking:
.22 lr

Attached: download (17).jpg (259x194, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=17&v=pQF7oUA6tKY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>t. so᠌yboy

Found the buttblasted boomer.

I used to think that only fuckhuge magnum calibers were all I'd ever use but then I realized that my penis isn't microscopic so I should just use whatever works, which is pretty much anything over .22lr

>stupid green text
>Boomer
>Meme
Leave you stupid noguns faggot.

>hating .357 sig
It's literally the perfect handgun round. You just hate innovation.

10mm and .44 mag are useful for 4-legged things, and are what I'd carry if I expected to deal with bears. For people, there is no good reason not to use 9mm. It's plentiful, cheap, and manageable even by women and children.

Hey fag with your new faggot memes. 9mm,40 and 45 will always be relevant and considered the 3 most common handgun calibers for Self defense.

Okay, I'll play. Give me a compelling reason to use either .45 or .40 over 9mm. Are they cheaper? No. Better at stopping threats? Not really. Offer better capacity? Nope.

wrong

Play what game fag, I'm just stating the 9mm,40sw and 45acp will always be common. Yes 9mm is growing in popularity and common use but that does not mean 40 and 45 are going away. I'm just stating the 40,9 and 45 are the triple threat of handgun calibers. No bait here buddy.

It's expensive, uncommon, and unnecessary for self defense against humans. For defense against large north American animals like moose or grizzly, it's underpowered. No reason to use it.

And I'm saying that 9mm is objectively better than both .45 and .40. The only people still using either of the latter are boomers who fell for the stoppin powah meme, and cops whose department uses it.

And i was not saying your wrong about 9mm, You stupid fuck. Im just stating your an idiot if you think 40 or 45 is going to go extinct and does not have their own benefits.

t. boomer

>.22 short
>Not useful

Fuck right off, urbanite. .22 short is a great round for close range pest control. Really, really handy to have some around.

.40 has already been dying a slow death, and while it will always be kept alive by 1911 collectors, you're nuts if you think .45's future is bright.

I'll bite. Why is it a better choice for past control than .22 lr? .22 lr is cheaper, more widely available, and is more broadly useful.

Yes both are not as popular as they used to be but loads of people will still want 40 and 45. The market will always be their for them and your dumb for thinking their going to drop off the map

Jesus himself carried a 30-06, don't talk shit young man.

8gr of powder behind a 147gr bullet out of a 5" barrel would make for damn nice hog protection down south though.

>6-700ft/lb loadings available
>"No good for animal defense"

.357 Sig is well into .357 magnum territory in terms of ballistics, it's perfectly acceptable for wilderness defense.

I didn't say they're going to drop off the map. What I do expect is that over the next few decades .40 ends up about as relevant as .25, and .45 ends up as relevant as .38. People will still use them, but the standard for a defensive handgun will overwhelmingly be 9mm.

If I know I'll be in bear or moose country, I'd rather have a .44.

Another user, here your theory is wrong. 40 and 45 along with 9mm will always be the top three choices for self defense calibers.

A few reasons:

1. Quieter in enclosed areas.

2. Zero chance of overpenetration or significant damage indoors

3.Excellent for hunting small game. Less damage to the pelts and/or meat.

4. Useful for hunting groups of pests without completely scaring them off

5. Good for small birds. Doesn't splatter them all over the tree, and shorts tend to knock them down rather than zip right through.

5. Arguably more accurate at close range (kinda debatable)

There's also some niche roles, like usability in older guns chambered in .22 Long.

Stop drinking s o i and work out

Your use of alliteration has been noted and will be reported to the authorities

.22 short is really fun IMHO. And great for taking out a squirrel or something in the city because it's so quiet.

t. Poverty stricken soi boy

Fails to mention 5.7x28mm

SAGE

Attached: disgusted-shock-face-7783281.jpg (800x489, 43K)

.45 users are highly likely to also tote tofu and be fans of rick and morty. They think that carrying a big 'fo five like the negro rappers will compensate for their receding hairlines and small, impotent peens.

You sound like more of a fudd than anyone you're accusing.

45acp is the most satisfying to shoot. 9mm fags only shoot plastic striker shit.

You know they make autoloader .357s, right? Now what do you say?

Nope. Just practical and pay attention to what people who actually deal with the animals carry. Hint: if you go to Alaska, the guides won't be carrying .357 sig.

Only bitchwrists call .40 a meme caliber.

Niggers carry fotay problem solvers. Not 45.

That it's still a calibre that isn't really the best choice for anything, regardless of whether or not I can find some meme autoloader that chambers it.

Why does anyone care what someone else shoots or carries?

Or people who realize that you should just get the big boy version and carry 10mm.

You are in the wrong hobby. Personally, I want a firearm in every caliber ever. Except 40.

357 mag isnt good for anything? Damn, youve gone full retard.

t. can't read.

I didn't say "isn't good for anything", I said "Not the best at anything." Huge qualitative difference there friendo.

>expensive, uncommon
It's expensive primarily because it's uncommon. If it ever does become popular, it will be only slightly more expensive than 9mm.
>unnecessary for self defense against humans
higher velocity = better barrier penetration than 9mm. Not generally important for self defense, but worth considering for law enforcement, and makes it definitely a better choice for them than .40.

It's also close enough to .357mag to be a realistic woods cartridge. Even if you write the .357s off entirely for brown bear, they're perfectly suitable for black bear, pigs, etc. wherever brown bears aren't.
And the idea that .44 is the minimum viable cartridge everywhere brown bears live is just not well supported by actual bear encounters; while I'd definitely go with a minimum of 10mm (preferably .44mag/.460rowland) in Alaska, .357mag seems to do just fine when people actually hit the bear with it, and while it's too new to have much if any real-world data, I see no reason appropriate .357sig loads should do substantially worse. And while I sincerely doubt you'll get to dump a whole 15-round mag at a bear before one of you loses, people emptying 6-shot revolvers is not uncommon -- more rounds gives you more margin for error.

Nothing is really best though is it? Because it all equates to personal preference, friendo.

I carry a 25 it's not a meme caliber fuck you. You are a reverse fudd

I guarantee you half the 'guides' carrying those guns have never done more than shoot in the general direction of a predator.

Found the millennial noguns

9mm isn't the best at anything either. It's mediocre compared everything you title as "boomer rounds" while being less concealable than 380, 32, and 38 special.

tfw my pmr30 holds 30 22mag and weighs a little more than a pound fully loaded

How about I want something with superior barrier pen and bullet performance that doesn't cost ridiculous money? Also most of the "bigboy" 10mm you are buying does the same shit as .40 since they load it light. All with a bigger and heavier gun that can't be CCWed as easily.

So no, I will us the caliber that fits in a 9mm package with better than 9mm performance.

This right here is why i like 40, Good barrier pen and performance.

t. too soiphillic to load his own 10mm.

>hating on .357 magnum
Loser.

>.357 magnum

What, even, is the point of meme-fifty seven magnum? .44 is superior in every way, and unless youre a small woman or child the recoil is very manageable.

I do what I want
YEEHAW

t. Poverty stricken soi boy

9mm achieves energy equal to the .45 acp and had superior barrier penetration and higher capacity going for it. Modern 9mm renders the .45's obsolete, period.

The .357 is of course ballistically superior to the 9mm, but has its own problems. Cost, lack of autoloaders that chamber it, muzzle flash and noise make it a poor choice for use indoors.

>Yes 9mm is growing in popularity and common use
9x19 was designed in fucking 1901 you dumb nigger

it's NATO standard for service handguns and a .355 caliber projectile going 1200 fps btfo pretty much every other handgun caliber for taking on 2 legged predators.

I get to shoot you in the sternum with a:

>.45 230gr HST @ 900 fps
or
>9mm 124gr HST @ 1200 fps

Which one do you choose? And you can't say, "Either one will kill me, so it doesn't matter." You have to choose one.

>a .355 caliber projectile going 1200 fps btfo pretty much every other handgun caliber for taking on 2 legged predators.

If you mean weight, cost, capacity and shootability, yes.

If you mean terminal ballistics potential, 9mm is on the low end of handgun calibers.

>same shit as .40 since they load it light
So do your research and don't buy crappy ammo?

>And you can't say
That's where you're wrong, kid; I can say it 'cause it's true.
Either one will kill me, so it doesn't fucking matter.

I think 10mm is really going to rise.

10mm is best mm.

I'm no boomer, I was born in 1832 and am a firm believer in large cal hollowpoints in the 480 grain range.

It doesn't matter since, being a boomer, your bad eyesight probably means youll miss

>Boomer
get the fuck out, stay the fuck out

>Either one will kill me, so it doesn't fucking matter.
What about a limb shot. Which one?

Well, I have 4 limbs, and you'll miss half your shots, so I'm gonna go with .45. I'll still have one limb left when you run out of bullets.

>all end users who actually shoot living things agree that x is better than y in a noticeable way
>buh-buh, muh jello shows they're practically the same!
>10mm is good despite every single expanding bullet offered for it in full bore loadings being designed for .40 S&W and offering either mediocre or ok performance
talk about babby's first attempt at an incendiary caliber war thread.

No. Just no.
>9mm +p+ achieves energy equal to the .45 acp and .45 acp +p doesnt exist!!!!
for the love of god

>calibres

That's about all I need to know. Eat a bag of dicks op

Attached: 1506297600890.png (1000x1000, 345K)

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=17&v=pQF7oUA6tKY

Attached: 1520975885341.png (600x449, 406K)

>Choosing 10mm
>Over .357mag
>EVER
retard detected

Attached: wutzilla.jpg (906x829, 104K)

Attached: 1520327891177.png (1076x1444, 300K)

44 and 357 need to trade places.

Attached: dont come back either.png (897x514, 189K)

If they make hollow points and high capacity magazine illegal the 9mm is a meme gun!

Attached: 8363883_03_snowflake__640.jpg (640x480, 36K)

>9-11" of penetration, which is perfect for personal defense
Opinion discarded so fucking hard i think i broke my trash can.

220 grain +P .45ACP all day everyday...fuck your shit.

Factory New 45 ACP 135gr HoneyBadger Pistol Ammunition. HoneyBadger is Black Hills new line of ammunition that does not have hollow point. HoneyBadger doesn't need hollow points and does not depend on them for performance. The copper projectile is near barrier blind and its optimized nose flutes; mixed with total weight and velocity, create devastating permanent wound cavities. @1200fps

Attached: 1516052281923.jpg (960x842, 65K)

Yeah but you are wrong and he is right. You listed so many practical calibers in the meme section that are perfectly valid. .380 is completely acceptable in a ccw for example.

This entire thread is cancer and OP may be the biggest faggot I have ever seen post here. None of this matters because all of you failed to post the one point that actually matters most when choosing a caliber. Preference. Some people think .40 is better the .45 and feel more comfortable shooting that out of their chosen platform. Some like 9mm. Some like .50 African Eliminator. Who gives a rats ass if it doesn't align perfectly with OPs retarded ass shit tier opinion. If he likes 9mm and cock let him use both to his hearts content and go about your day shooting what ever you prefer.

Does it really even matter? All of them do the same thing. Be it a .44 Magnum or a .25 auto. I wouldn't want to ve shot with either.

I have worked in a hospital for 2 years now as an ED Tech. I litterally write out the reports for traumas on a day to day process and we see many gunshot wounds. I have seen people die from a single .22 to the abdomen and people live from being shot 6 times with a .40 (He was a big fat nigger, but drove himself to the hospital none the less). And I am not saying .40 is any less lethal..

All of this endless caliber debate is pointless. Anyone who thinks that caliber is more important than shot placement needs to neck themselves.

I carry a .45 auto. Not because it has a "knock down power" but because I am a good enough shot that I feel perfectly comfortable with 7+1. Also because I purposely want a big, slow bullet that isnt going to over penetrate or do a ton of damage if I miss.

If you want to carry a .380 or 9mm or .357 Sig or 9x18 then thats fine too. Dont let a bunch of fucking neckbeards with no actual experience in the matter tell you what to use to defend your life.

Attached: 1527031499191.webm (224x400, 2.86M)

>9mm is the same as 45 but 380 is a meme
Nice b8 m8

t. boomer trying to let us young guns know how things "really are"