Was talking with a friend tonight and he brought up pic related...

Was talking with a friend tonight and he brought up pic related. Was a bunch of seals going from Kentucky to Indianna for training and they attached a Trump flag to the antenna. I remember it being in the news but after reading it says two of the Seals were disciplined. My question is why? It was in Feb. After the election ended. Why aren't troops aloud to represent the commander and chief (who ever that is)?

Attached: trump.png (840x420, 330K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EqRquLskAu0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Allowed* sorry

Attached: 1525124866091m.jpg (1024x764, 68K)

You're not suppose to use your position in the military or your uniform for political advocacy. You're entitled to an opinion but that's you're personal opinion and not representative of the military as a whole.

That makes no fucking sense though. Hes the head of the USA, who are they supposed to be in favor of?

witnessed

Are you serious? I'm starting to think America would love a Kim Jong-un authoritarian to take any responsibility they have to know about their government.

So fly the Stars and Stripes then. It represents the country, which includes it's leadership, right?

Your pride should go toward your nation, not a man. Flying a Trump flag, whether anyone likes it or not, specifically brings up the issues of the man's personal character. Just flying the American flag would avoid all of that.

That's a campaign logo dumbass.

Are tanks road legal in the US?

There are regulations about using your uniform for political advocacy. It's simply a no-no and it's been in the rules for a long time.
I'm in the military and voted for Trump. I shilled a lot for him leading up to the election too, while not letting anyone know what job I do. If you asked me in uniform (or likely any other time) who I voted for I wouldn't tell you.

The military serves the Republic, the guy in charge atm isn't the 200 plus year old institution

Also this is definitely a Jow Forums topic.

>Being this spooked
Institutions are nothing but the people who run them.

Anyone who says otherwise is selling you something

Totally agree. How in the fuck is it political advocacy to support the POTUS? Literally the Commander-in-Chief? There was nothing to be impartial about at that point.

Better stop flying the American flag too boys, wouldn't want anyone to think that you're advocating for one country over another.

Go away little dick Jow Forums.

if they have rubber treads/tires, yeah.

Under the Hatch Act public servants can support the CinC but not campaign for him. That is a campaign logo. Would you be okay if the bureaucrat negress at your DMV had a big Obama logo stuck on the window of her booth?

*not campaign for him while on duty. They can volunteer and shit in their private time.

Nice projection

Yes, but only if they represent Obama.

Bullshit you and me both know not even a eye would batt at an Obama flag.

dont assume other posters are as dumb as you

And you're telling me, based on the reaction I'm getting from you right now, that you wouldn't have batted an eye if you had seen that on the OP's pic on the road, without any of this debate?

Plenty of the same type of people on either side of the fence would've raised a modicum of hell if they had seen a flag flown in that situation for an opposing political leader to their point of view.

>How in the fuck is it political advocacy to support the POTUS?
>how is it political advocacy to advocate for a politician
gee, user

Because they need to keep up the facade that everyone in the government hates having to answer to “muh bumbling inkahmpetent tv actor president”

No I wouldn't. If you're not actively at a protest in uniform I don't give a fuck what you do after an election. The literal only reason this is noteworthy is he's flying Trump and not Obama or Hillary, or even Bush.

how to trigger the shitlib gungrabbing trannies lurking Jow Forums 101.

why make america gay again if we already gay?

if he flew an obama flag in 2009 every republishart would have howled and his command would slap him on the wrist exactly the same.

Obama endorsed officer corps who got rid of all the experienced bush era NCOs and Officers are reprimanding servicemen for a Trump flag, who knew

"It happened with the Romans, as it has with others since, that a people who failed to rule themselves became the willing subjects of a man with an army to enforce law and order."

-Finley Hooper, Roman Realities

Supporting the President is racist.

I am not being ironic. This is what the media is pushing 24/7.

Because the liberals are still whining like little pussies because their cunt didn't get elected to further ruin the country.

Really? Tanks are road legal in the UK without requiring any modification whatsoever.
Strange.

Because SEALS are 95% white and the spics and liberal niggers cry like babies over white supremacy.
>tier 1 operators
>tier 1 race
>tier 1 president
The POCs are just mad that they will never be white and get to partake in the brotherhood of the Aryan master race.
Haha and Im laughing at them.

Attached: 1526853067230.jpg (750x464, 78K)

You have to fit rubber track pads if they're over 5 tonnes

No it is not. It's what your sore asshole interprets everthing that isn't your opinion into.

that would be nice if it weren't for the fact that deploying the army to enforce law and order isn't very kosher in the US

>muh aryanian race
Hahahahahaha

Attached: image.jpg (1788x2870, 2.51M)

It was AFTER the election

Because political advocacy while in uniform or on duty isn't allowed.

>but he's a currently elected politician and not a politician running for office
The US military doesn't serve a politician, they serve the country. Stop acting like the president is some supreme ruler, they're just another politician.

What disciplinary action did they receive?

Soldiers serve the Union, not the President. Makes coups and tyrants less likely.
The President also isn't the head of the government, that's divided between branches. Makes dictators and monarchies less likely.

>You're not suppose to use your position in the military or your uniform for political advocacy

Then why did Obama get away with this? Where are all the court martials?

Attached: obama shames the troops, military slut walk high heels.jpg (885x516, 92K)

Wow, surprised anyone actually bothered giving a real reason.

If it was a Hillary or Obama no one would has said shit. Nothing to see here move along.

No gay sex for a week.

Well you see, son... Obama was a straight up traitor to America and her people, just like the media likes, so he was allowed to get away with everything from fast and furious to pardoning AWOL cowards without criticism.
It's only when you publicly support a God-fearing conservative that you get in trouble.

this, its a campaign logo, just because it says Trumps name and Trump is pres doesn't make it not his campaign logo. I would be interested to see what would happen if they just flew a flag with his name in standard block letters tho.

I kek'd

I would consider it improper to fly any unofficial/unauthorized/personal flag from a military vehicle, desu
As a DOD civilian, the specific example given to me vis-a-vis the Hatch Act was "You can have a portrait of the current sitting President on your desk, but not campaign materials or a picture of a candidate." I would think any flag with the president's name counts as campaigning if displayed publicly, even if itsn't official campaign material.

That's supporting a specific candidate or party or even political position.

You can do it if you get approval for it. I mean I respect those guys for being able to actually do that in the picture, it seems rather humiliating. I wouldn't do it simply because you're not suppose to wear your uniform wrong, I don't mix match parts of my uniform with civilian clothing, and I don't mix match civilian clothing with my uniform if it doesn't fix regulations. I mean if they're going to make me cross dress at least put me in full drag or something.

>I mean I respect those guys

What the fuck is wrong with you?

No book deals for 6 weeks

SEALS DGAF.

Except that they wouldn't, and you know they wouldn't. Why you're trying to fool yourself into believing otherwise is concerning.

With a $200 tax stamp, yeah.

Whiter than you boy.

What? I can respect people that would do things I wouldn't do. If they're doing something I think would personally be humiliating they obviously feel fairly strongly about it. Maybe there is something there. That's just surface level appearance stuff.

You're delusional.

But that was true of the Roman Republic too

>can't appreciate the commander in chief
This is at least one reason why Roman armies had better morale, and how you know (((they))) want the US military to function like mercenaries for profits.
Why can't a soldier like their commander?
>oy vey, these Triarii are carrying Marcus Aurelius's banners! The Magister militum needs to stop them!

Attached: IMG_5873.jpg (600x799, 104K)

>Tell the gladiators to stop kneeling so the plebes get back to watching them again!

Attached: 1024px-Maccari-Cicero.jpg (1023x638, 255K)

your dirt opinion < military doctrine and code service discipline

>yes goy, extreme alienation between cannon fodder and commanders is necessary
>stop waving that banner--no leadership for goyim!

I personally have a dislike of you people that bring up oil. The oil that greases the war machine didn't come from there. If you're talking about who gets it in the end, it's going to be a democracy in the area.

Horseshit. Sean Hannity would have gone on a ten minute tirade about Obama "corrupting the military " and the "politicization of our troops."

Are you fucking stupid? Do you know what Legions who "liked their commander" kept fucking doing to the Republic?
Hint: it's the reason they banned legions from approaching the city of Rome at all

You can like your commander. You can't engage in political activity on his behalf while performing your duties as a government employee. What the fuck don't you get about this? This is civics 101 you utter nigger.

Attached: 1525286806689.jpg (301x412, 32K)

The constitution, not an elected official.
Elected officials often make dumb choices, look at Venezuela, that’s what happens when the army puts the president above the constitution, the people and democracy.

>let military personnel attach whatever random ass flag/banner they want to their shit
>that will end well
think about what your asking for 1 second before you bother making a thread about it, or are you retarded?

Democracy was a mistake

>it's okay to selectively punish soldiers goys
>the doctrine is a guideline not rules! Only enforce it when it goes against (((our))) agenda

IIRC there were several major appologies after troops complained that advocating for feminism while in uniform was sexist and distasteful, also that one time soldiers were told to go to gay pride parades in uniform in support of repealing DADT

But user he's the commander in chief. Literally the top of all of our command structures. I remember changing his picture with obamas, did so with the biggest shit eating grin because or ncoic was a Bernie bro.
Again once or commander in chief I believe it is no longer a political statement as long as you fly a trump flag and not a Republican flag.

you follow his orders, you do not wave his campaign flag on govt property, that is the moral of this whole thread...

>Again once or commander in chief I believe it is no longer a political statement as long as you fly a trump flag and not a Republican flag.
flying a campaign flag with a campaign slogan is still political, flying a flag with his face is apolitical, but probably weird as hell

that was an ROTC group at a libfuck college, not actual military personnel

watch this libshit about have a heart attack over it

youtube.com/watch?v=EqRquLskAu0

Attached: election night.webm (480x480, 2.54M)

Tier 1 blacks go into pro sports.

You do realize they were ORDERED to do that, and their commander was reprimanded (albeit unofficially and very lightly) for doing it because it was an unlawful order, right?

Several of them filed lawsuits against their school over it (which are still pending) and many of them dropped from the ROTC program over it.

You must not understand what the constitution is...
And who it applies to.

Anyone working for the government has a right to political speech. No one in the government can regulate workers from that type of speech.. so the issue isn't the flag they are flying - its what they are flying it on, which is government property.

Lmfao does anyone here drive those? They look fun as fuck to party in with a group of your battle buddies inside.