How do you deal with an urban sniper? Someone who can accurate range out to 700 yards in a concrete jungle...

How do you deal with an urban sniper? Someone who can accurate range out to 700 yards in a concrete jungle. Move from room to room building to building after take 3-4 shots. I can see accurately sussing out a shooters location if the area is prevetted and covered by security but what of a lone gun man just trying to do as much damage as he can?

Attached: 345634573457.png (600x400, 452K)

>how do you deal with

do you mean how to take them out, or how to survive/escape?

Yes

Just bring an APC, or just dont go into the city.

Say you were in complete control of New York police and there was a mass murdering fucknut with a great degree of skill at distance shooting who was just randomly picking off police. How do you take down a sniper in a massive populated city with sky scrapers on every block?

Artillery.

Unacceptable collateral damage. This is state side 'Muricans. Not sand people. Blowing up innocents is no bueno.

>muh one man sniper meme

Real snipers have spotters for a reason.

If the location of the gunman is not known, they use advanced technological sound equipment to track the exact location of the gunman. Then, they attack the gunman in the most direct and quick route possible.

This really is how they (usually) do it.

Find him and shoot him.
If someone's determined they get at least 1 shot off so you can't really stop or defend against that outside of social and behavioral manipulation

Sub sonic suppressed rounds
338 spectre or 500 whisper

You can pinpoint a shooter within a square mile from 20+ buildings with 70+ floor and 30 rooms and window on each floor? What does your cape look like?

>NYC
>Americans

read fry the brain. it's got some materiel on snipestopping.

combatting a sniper in a city is best done strategically, like planting trees and stuff.
Also, fight snipers by running a decent government that doesn't create sympathy for guerilla or terrorist groups.

Attached: 1849c6f922.png (564x363, 131K)

Microphone receiver.

>effective at 700 yards
That is pretty much saying the shot came from the East of a huge fucking city.

Yes but think of all the contracts.
Then you can do wound analysis and figure out what floors he likes.

Helicopter insertion of SWAT from rooftop.

Yes. Individual Gunshot Detectors can tell you the direction, from which you just work out based on sightlines the possible positions and narrow it down with thermal imagers. Vehicle mounted ones give even more precise data, notably azimuth which would narrow it down to within a few windows straight off. With the whole NYPD at your command, cordoning and clearing a couple of buildings at most would be cheese.

Drone loaded with C4.

Same way they dealt with the ones at Sarajevo.

you need some sound location device.

>but what of a lone gun man just trying to do as much damage as he can?

i guess you wont do much damage becouse people will start hiding. Maybe you get 5 but not more.not much at all.

It's impossible OP

see: DC sniper
read: the urban sniper by john west

Attached: 1512188116500.png (545x370, 169K)

But the DC sniper got caught.

You level the building

Because of a mistake that was not related to his shooting/camouflage/etc

Man, imagine being silently picked off by a 510 whisper snipers. Sending 750grains off death around from half a mile away and absolutely no way to know where it's coming from.

>Evacuate immediate area
>Call in swat copter with thermal imaging cameras
>Locate chimping mongoloid
>Drop in swat team for suspect apprehension, mandatory baton massage, and maglight colonoscopy

I'd pay a guy to fuck a goat. While he's watching the goat fucker I'd shoot him.

>no bueno
>Americans
Go back faggot.

shotspotter is shit if you're inside a building or car

It might let you get a block face, and then you could look at all comings and goings into that building that day to look for people coming and going with large packages. But shotspotter ain't going to get you "10th floor, south face, this building". Too much CSI.

Snipers themselves are just shit. I'll never forget reading the book by Carlos Hathcock. Him and one other dude held 30 or so men in a rice paddy dyke during the Vietnam War. They held them there for like a week or so. Because they couldn't run through the water very fast, any runner were immediately dropped, so they were basically held in one spot. A lot of them died of dehydration or got extremely sick from drinking the water in the rice paddy until they finally just artillery shelled the paddy. A sniper is such a morale killer in war. From anywhere at any time, it can all just end. You aren't even around the register the shot.

>Someone who can accurate range out to 700 yards in a concrete jungle
Is this post: you? You aren't going to be able to shoot nearly that far with subsonic ammunition. An 800 grain subsonic .510 bullet traveling at 1050 FPS will have a similar amount of drop at 700 yards to a 175 grain .308 bullet traveling at a bit over 1250 yards and will take just over 2 seconds to make it to the target. A 350 yard shot with that .510 Whisper loading would take have as much drop as a 750 yard shot with that same .308 loading and both would take about a second to get to the target.

>Move from room to room building to building after take 3-4 shots
How do you plan on doing that without attracting the attention of the people in those buildings? Unlike how it may be portrayed in video games cities are full of people including in buildings, suppressed guns do make a lot of noise that people in the immediate vicinity will hear, and they don't let anyone off the street dick around in any tall building uninvited especially not when carrying large bag for a rifle. There's also the problem of windows on most buildings over a few stories not opening which would drastically limit the locations you could shoot from without breaking out a window. Street layout would also vastly narrow where you could shoot to.

You'd get caught pretty quickly.

>see: DC sniper
That was before a ton of counter sniper equipment was made due to the US needing it in Iraq/Afghanistan.

>It might let you get a block face, and then you could look at all comings and goings into that building that day to look for people coming and going with large packages.
You wouldn't even need to look at surveillance videos to narrow it down, simply interviewing people would be enough. Looking at the surveillance footage would just be needed to get an actual picture of the person.

unironically this

Attached: 1523098696762.jpg (639x919, 109K)

I haven't heard of new antisniper tech coming from afghanistan and Iraq, sauce?

The way the current civilian versions work is simple triangulation of sound. Since sound shows lots of variation depending on weather and the triangulation relies on two a straight uninterrupted lines, they're not that precise.

I think the most effective hide innacity would be in a vehicle. See Juba, South Armagh, DC sniper.

artillery
pic related

Attached: schwerer-gustav-head-725503.jpg (590x350, 31K)

WHo was the author? I get a bunch of different results when I google books about Hathcock. Was it by Charles Henderson or the autobiographical memoir by Roy Chandler?

>How do you deal with an urban sniper? Someone who can accurate range out to 700 yards in a concrete jungle. Move from room to room building to building after take 3-4 shots. I can see accurately sussing out a shooters location if the area is prevetted and covered by security but what of a lone gun man just trying to do as much damage as he can?

Attached: cd348e3a785c41ca447dd06224da38cf[1].jpg (1600x1054, 368K)

>who was picking off police
send him some ammo and MREs

Sounds like NY is concerned with freedom fighters fighting back against the statist goon squads

gee what could they be planning to do that they expect might result in retaliation form gun owners?

fuck you

>No bueno
Shut the fuck up and speak English

>How do you deal with an urban sniper?

How acceptable is collateral damage in your scenario?

Shelling buildings or counter sniper generally.

>take cover
>assess where the shots are coming from
>cover team members with concealment and cover fire so they can move on the position

Or

>get the fuck out of the area using cover and concealment

Or

>locate sniper
>call in chopper

Found the black marine

how hard can it be?

Attached: dummy.png (621x601, 19K)

Just tear of all your car doors make a safe box and crawl through like a turtle.
You'll probably still get shot but you will go out making us proud.

it's not hard at all, if you fucking know where the shots are coming from. You hear a single shot ring out, after somebody has hit the deck bleeding and choosing which way to run isn't so easy.

This guy has the right idea. If anything, help him with suppressing fire on the ground, possible IED usage as well. Jew Yorkers deserve death from above.

Jokes on you.
Strategically placed bears.

Attached: 900 hours.jpg (596x647, 42K)

I‘m from no buenos aires and i say kill em all!

Attached: FED8F73D-B5F3-49B1-BF83-3DE957B1B8FF.jpg (530x295, 19K)

You mean the equipment that most police departments are suing manufacturers for because they can’t do as advertise and can’t locate shooters?

God I hope they lose those suits.

Anybody dumb enough to buy that deserved to lose their money. Because anyone with a highschool degree should have known the issues it would have.

This scenario already unfolded in Dallas a few years ago when a military trained sniper took out five policemen. At least, that was the official narrative.

...but even if a gunshot detector worked well enough to pinpoint the location of the shot, who's to say the sniper wouldn't have fucked off ages ago? Cops are a lot of things, but I don't see them running towards precise gunfire for half a mile, tearing ass through a building, going room to room in places, before the shooter is gone.
I won't claim to be some super sniper vigilante, but provided you had a rifle that takes down fast, who's to say you can't chuck it in a backpack and be far as fuck away by the time the police show up?

Really this. Please Mr. FBI not planning here just working the scenario out in my head. If a sharp shooter with dedication toward carnage went on a shoot spree and knew how to move and relocate could any current police force deal with him?

Attached: 1525705584732.jpg (791x648, 70K)

>NYPD is asking a weapons board on a Mongolian basket-weaving forum for tactical advise.

Out of all the insane ridiculous shit going on in the US, is it really such a ludicrous idea?

Attached: 1527134202036.png (1000x1000, 289K)

>cutting holes in walls and so the sniped becomes the sniper

Attached: wall guy.jpg (1247x819, 380K)

No it didn't you mongoloid.

The DC beltway sniper proved how difficult it is

Oh yeah!

>antisniper tech
wasn't the Dragunov sort of used for that purpose? I know originally it was designed as a sniper rifle but I think better rifles came out for that purpose and the Dragunov was sort of used as a front line skirmisher rifle or counter snipe..

Attached: AK-Dragunov-Scope-3-9x40-3.jpg (640x480, 21K)

If they would have quit while they were ahead we may never have caught them. Could have moved to Philly or Jersey or NC and set up shop again, could have terrorized half the country. Look how far those retards in Boston got with zero forethought, I mean shooting your way right through the police??

just run the other way lol

Attached: faget.png (621x647, 151K)

It was more a doctrinal difference. We both said "Sniper" but soviet doctrine was more a DMR than the crawl in 4 miles in our own filth, take out high value target 1 mile away, crawl back we came up with.

your assuming backpacks aren't illegal and you wont be shot on site if scene with a backpack

Locate his position, call in arty/CAS/etc.

Converge on him with multiple APCs, then fuck him.

Strategically placed AIDS

Attached: 901 hours.jpg (810x645, 52K)

ok you idiots. gtfo with your artillary/CAS

in ops scenario, destroying buildings is not an option.

try again dipshits

gotchu senpai

Attached: arty.jpg (776x975, 150K)

Well, if the building of the shooter is located before moving the shooter is kinda fucked.

Gas the city

this is acceptable

Attached: hitler.jpg (236x298, 16K)

>crawl back we came up with.

the british came up with that. their snipers are still generally solitary also.

They got caught because they started leaving evidence in the form of calling cards. They got cocky therefore they got stupid. If someone dupilcated what they did they would also be near impossibe to catch.

>Also, fight snipers by running a decent government that doesn't create sympathy for guerilla or terrorist groups.
Where's the fun in that?

DC snipers' MO was completely different than OP's scenario. They were shoot and scoot from a vehicle across a rather large geographical area.

>police find the building the shot came from quickly
>blockade the streets around it
>sniper is now trapped
inb4 he just runs away in 2 seconds after shooting. If he is using the skyscrapers, he spends alot of time going up/down

a good sniper will take ,at most, 5 shots from 1 position, then re-position or E&E, so good luck.

what kind of range did they get?

kind of thought so

a few blocks

kind of thought so

fucking kek!

Nonono, we already killed the bear.

>How do you deal with an urban sniper?

countersniper

>700 yards
>Urban

A goddamn miracle for a field of view.

Massive
Ordinance
Air
Blast

Attached: MOAB.gif (331x350, 25K)

send our best guy

Attached: Enemy At The Gates.gif (332x186, 779K)

all I want to know is if we are gonna see surplus M40's on cmp or anywhere now.
has there been any news about the m40's hitting the market?

Isn't CMP for rifles completely phased out of service and even too outdated for the National Guard?

That's no way to talk about my Bavarian bee keepers forum.

Attached: harryhed.jpg (921x619, 53K)

remove the urban

The environment or the people?

I chuckled, thank you anons