ghostbin.com/paste/dhu85
>/gq/ holster list
ghostbin.com/paste/fs24w
>/gq/ approved Radio Equipment
ghostbin.com/paste/bxpag
>google drive of current /gq/ issues
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5CCir6zEaYsRDh1N0d5QWt2UkU?usp=sharing

Previous:

Attached: gear rodeo.png (1213x940, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5VpHaNySw
youtu.be/G3uBezHdjd8
youtu.be/lCRE3QeHZgc
sportsmansguide.com/product/index/british-military-surplus-osprey-armor-vest-new?a=2065060
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can we discuss what a good load out for explorer/treasure hunter/archeologist would be?

Attached: Explorer gq.jpg (2069x1535, 591K)

>Bullets exposed
>Still have a shit button clasp system anyway
Why?

No, make a gay ass load out thread for your bullshit fiction.

Attached: bpre.jpg (736x736, 148K)

there is literally nothing wrong with AR500 armor

Sure, if you don't work in a job where shooting people and being shot at is the norm AR500 is perfect for larping as armor.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's the Naughty Dog doesn't know shit about guns.

>steel plates capable of stopping up to .308
>steel plates can stop more than 5 evenly spread out rounds.
>only good for leaping

user your shitty ceramic plates are for larping. In an actual scenario its better to stop lots of bullets because your not gonna get shot by too many big bullets.

If you are getting shot 5+ times in the chest with 308 you have bigger problems.

Also AR500 Does not stop AP. Ceramics are bretty affordable nowadays.

I'm not argueing that you are gonna get shot 5 times by .308 but pistols also break the ceramic while doing little to nothing against steel

Why is AR500 so bad besides it being heavy? Im sure this is asked all the time and I apologize in advance... but didnt they fix the weak metallurgy issues? I understand why condor sucks though.

For AR500 to match the defensive qualities of ESAPI it needs to go much thicker which already makes a retardedly heavy plate even heavier.

Then you have the risk of spalling which is only mitigated by truck bed liner for the first round.

There's a reason that people who professionally kill other people are not putting AR500 in their kit.

AR500 is the lesser option, chosen by poor people who do not know any better.

The only benefit AR500 has is lies in durability for some ridiculous post-apocalypse The Road-esque scenario which is never going to happen if you live in the first world.

Heavy, Spalling, Wont stop AP or 30-06, multicurve drives up price to ceramic level

Once you price out the "strongest" ar500 plates with multicurve and built up coating you are 75 bucks away fron getting a lvl 4 ceramic.

Most of your points are valid.
>heavy
>just lift more faggot.
You know any company that makes non shit tier metal plates?

Spartan armor systems

And? You'll still be alive with ceramic from pistols all the way up to threats AR500 couldn't dream of stopping without turning into an MRAP door.

Just order new plates and a carrier that same day after you get shot if you're a civilian or be issued your new kit if you're mil.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5VpHaNySw

It's foolish to ignore weight in terms of gear selection.

There's a reason slav trash like the altyn helmet is not the norm and everyone is moving to light weight high cut modular helmets.

Just a general question, if I get some decent poorfag-tier gear, where do I start with it? (Training-wise.)

I've wanted to pick up a plate carrier and chest rig for a while, but I have both not known what's the best budget brands on the approved list and how I should start training with it for anof unlikely SHTF scenario.

Attached: swat-training.jpg (3329x2205, 492K)

Garbage Reddit tier crap.

Literal Rick and Morty autism armor

Attached: 1460385055049.jpg (420x439, 31K)

>thinks that everyone will shoot AP
There's a reason SF keeps getting killed by niggers with rusty AK's.

If you have zero skills i woukd seek out a local training company that will teach foundation skills, no highspeed garbage. Or smhave a greind teach you. Learn to shoot good without all the cool guy gear. Once you git gud at shooting then start adding the gear.

Attached: I advise you to leave and seek help.png (919x638, 872K)

Thanks, user! I'll certainly do that. I have pretty basic shooting skills, mainly relegated to my Remington 700. I'll ask around for local companies and courses and start getting basic instruction for my AR.

If im going to dump a large chunk of money into something thats made to stop bullets, im going to want it to stop as many threats as possible, within reason.

And the reason for that has fuck all to do with AR500 vs Ceramic.

A good class will teach you how to train, Take notes. Take what you learn and apply it to your own shooting practice. Good luck my dude.

>what is dispersion

If you weren't a fucking moron larper you'd know. If you are being shot at with enough bullets to break through ceramic, you are being shot at with enough that some will land on areas outside the plate, such as the neck, face, balls, spine, liver, kidneys, femoral arteries, etc.

So a couple years back I got super LARPy and got a pair of those leather Corcoran boots and they're lookin like they need some love. Anyone have some good recommendations for boot polish?

Thanks for the answer user. Discord didn't explain much and i couldn't find anything online

Posting actual gear

Attached: 4DF73C76-E2D7-41D4-8F63-17F56788E38C.jpg (1616x3014, 1.23M)

Your most likely scenario where you as a non-mil/leo are going to be killing another person is being a victim of violent crime while out and about. The most useful thing you can do is take a handgun course with whatever your CC is and that you CC as often as possible if not at all times.

Find an IDPA group near you for practice too.

WHAT THE HELL IS THE BROWN THING ON THIS DUDE?

Attached: Gear.png (717x865, 1.07M)

Part of his miles

>TFW want to into gear but too fat to get serious.
Time to hit Jow Forums

as the other user said go to a good trainer and lock down the fundamentals, then you can worry about the gear queer shit.

MILES
it's military version of 1v1 laser tag

cardio is king

Attached: file.png (1038x830, 1.29M)

what's in the baaaaaaaaaaaaax?

it's a laser system from Saab, the small block in the front of his rifle is the laser that will activate when shooting(blanks). And the sensors will pick up and determine the injury.

next BPRE will feature garand thumb

too thin to fit lots of PC's also spalling.

>Once you price out the "strongest" ar500 plates with multicurve and built up coating you are 75 bucks away fron getting a lvl 4 ceramic
fake and gay

Attached: Capture.png (1166x203, 202K)

Closest he'll get to seeing combat.

Whats your point? Are you implying you cant get ceramics for 200? 55 more bucks per plate you can get these ceramics.

Attached: hue.png (719x992, 88K)

Lol please buy that

Attached: 1A8AC3CC-7159-4236-8C58-FEC9E2D8657F.jpg (1125x1827, 283K)

>spend 30% more on armor
>"you're basically already buying ceramic"
maths is hard

bullets
loaded magazines
and other miscellaneous items

Attached: file.png (984x804, 1.91M)

>spend an extra $110 and get a produt that is superior in every way
>that would take you 4 and a half weeks to save if you saved $25 a week
>even a poorfag can save that

I bet you live paycheck to paycheck

is this more or less triggering

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1104x573, 120K)

>10x12
>sapi/esapi cut

Yeahh I wouldn’t trust them if they just throw buzzwords on their 10x12 garbage. It is hilarious how their ceramics are ten bucks more than their steel

10x12 is a meme size for the most part. Take your measurements and figure out what size SAPI you would need. Also single curve will not hug your body as well as multicurve. Instructions on measuring are in the pastebin.

>10x12 is a meme size for the most part
explain

To avoid them dropping out accidentally, still somewhat stupid though.

That's what I've heard. The bulk of my problem is that I sit down and don't do anything once I'm home from work. It would behoove me to download a bunch of podcasts and go wander the neighborhood for a few miles every night.

I might sound like a filthy shill here but don't discount training videos, either DVD or JewTube. You can at least practice grip and stance technique at home, as well as clearing malfunctions. I've spent a lot time watching the Magpul Dynamics videos and practicing shit in my basement. When I found my pistol skills were lacking, I watched and re-watched Paul Harrell's videos.

youtu.be/G3uBezHdjd8

youtu.be/lCRE3QeHZgc

Look up the couch to 5k program, shits pretty legit if you've never really run before.
I'm proud of you for realizing getting into shape is going to benefit you a lot more than just buying XXXL gucci gear, a lot of people don't, I believe in you user!

Jow Forums might be fixated on Paul lately but there's no shame in cribbing techniques from a guy with boxes of pistol shooting medals

>I'm proud of you for realizing getting into shape is going to benefit you a lot more than just buying XXXL gucci gear,
I fully admit I was fucking around with my old paintball crap last night and when I looked in the mirror with all my gear on I looked like a giant green bag of shit. Finally disgusted myself.

Its the "one size fits all" of plate sizes. If you dont get something that fits you right you may not be able to shouder your rifle corectly. IMO Its also a bit of a red flag if a company only sells the 10x12 and no SAPI sizes. it tells me "we are too cheap to manufacture real plate sizes."

AR500 level IVs are ceramic

Thoughts on UHMWPE armor?

Attached: retard.jpg (472x311, 40K)

thanks, that's literally why i posted it

It's new boot season; what are you guys wearing?
These were my EDC for the last year and basically they suck.

Looking for ankle support for carrying loads on uneven and often wet or muddy terrain for miles a day.
Is it worth looking at military and tactical boots or do the hiking and outdoors people make better boots since they're not dealing w gov bureaucracy and cost?

Attached: 655563_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 127K)

>hiking and outdoors people make better boots since they're not dealing w gov bureaucracy and cost?
quite a few hiking/outdoors companies have mil based boots

Attached: kvrblC8r.jpg (1456x1011, 211K)

Hey guys! the best place to pick up a SADF 83 Battle Jacket? need it for my Wasr10.

Adidas GSG boots. Its like a MK23 you put on ur feet.

Attached: GunSquadGiuseppe's.jpg (395x358, 24K)

Sup gents. Landed myself a contractor gig, and our site manager is cool with us wearing our own gear. It just has to be coyote and needs to have a cummerbund for side sapis

Now I have my old eagle industries flak, but it's all beat to shit, so I'm looking to upgrade. I've got my eye on a Shellback banshee, but I'm open to suggestions

Attached: IMG_20180111_150924_004.jpg (720x900, 120K)

ebay.
they're not meant for 7.62x39 plebians though

are these AR 670-1 compliant?
i'd fork up for a pair of boots with some serious kleet-like soles

do they still have squeak like the gen1 black editions?

is this actual contractor work or just being a mall cop in Kabul?

Thanks, senpai! These are helpful.

Apparently the new black ones still have a tiny bit of squeak at first, but fades fast. All the tan ones have no squeak ever.

Mall cop unfortunately. But I do get to be surrounded by hot Israeli women all day. So that's a plus

and they want you to wear side plates and carry an IFAK? Seems like overkill

what they meant for then?? thought they were for 7.62 AKs?

It's mostly for the company to cover their own asses. So in the event you do get hurt, you can't sue because they failed to issue you the appropriate ppe.

Anybody know what a good price is for a brand new fort defender 2 full molle emerald with full plates, soft armor and pouch set?

Attached: 6BIvBjN.jpg (800x600, 91K)

What’s your budget? The banshee is a pretty outdated pc, there are plenty of plate carriers out there today that are good value for the price and are gonna be lighter and slimmer than the banshee. If you’re looking to go cheap as possible with great quality, the AWS OCPC is a good choice, it’s just a bit outdated like the banshee. I would take an OCPC over a banshee any day, though. Other options are the first spear STT or crye JPC. The more you start stepping into big boy territory, the more comfortable you will be. In general, I would avoid plate carriers with massive shoulder straps like the banshee, especially if you’re going to carry a backpack or ruck with straps. It will also make it easier when it comes time to shoulder your rifle. Modern carriers will transfer the weight to your torso/hips, eliminating the need for super thick padding in the shoulders.

they're meant for the 5.56 R4

will they accommodate a 7.62 though?

from what I read yes they'll take 7.62 mags but they'll be much tighter and you cant fit the full loadout in them.

They are tight and the rear lug will snag a bit

Attached: GalilGear.jpg (3936x5833, 1.7M)

Ok, thanks! I think ill still get it to go with the Chest rig I have already, gotta emulate Mad Max somehow lol

Banshee suffers from thick straps which kind of suck when shouldering. However if you're wearing a carrier all day a JPC might get uncomfortable, it really depends on your budget and body.

In the process of modifying my stt. Hopefully have it done this weekend and maybe get better at sewing in the process and start recreating some pouches.

Attached: C5AD1693-991F-4757-892E-A530BBE80074.jpg (4032x3024, 2.4M)

For $35 should I bother?

Attached: Bongproof.jpg (1155x1155, 137K)

That... actually looks really nifty. Who's selling them?

Attached: Sort_of_want.jpg (237x344, 63K)

Man. I would love for some modern molle gear in leather, canvas, and brass.

Attached: 1428597229511.jpg (700x500, 72K)

I was frankly kinda shocked to find out there's no such thing as a leather plate carrier

does it actually hold plates or is it just bs

Banshee w/3 kiwi pouches $200 any takers?

Attached: 123123123123.png (800x600, 757K)

sportsmansguide.com/product/index/british-military-surplus-osprey-armor-vest-new?a=2065060

It says it's a full plate carrier, should fit 10x12 or 11x14

also high speed gear slim grip belt med MC + Cobra 1.5 rigger belt large MC never used $150

Attached: 45454545454.png (1000x750, 1.13M)

Total BS

Maybe they're in stripper clips?

XXXXL?

How so?

Still, what's the point of canvas deltoid protectors and a canvas collar? Shouldn't those be kevlar?