I want to get a Ruger Blackhawk. What caliber should I get it in?

I want to get a Ruger Blackhawk. What caliber should I get it in?

Attached: top.jpg (1400x425, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ruger.com/pdf/specs/327-NMBHawk.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

30 Carbine

foty fo magum

tree fiddy seven magnum
so you can shoot sheap .38 for plinkings

.454 Casull

fuck that .44 nonsense.

more like ruger black cock

see
but splurge on the convertible model that comes with a 9mm cylinder. Pic related. Now you can shoot 356 + 38, plus 9mm if you find a good deal on 9.

Attached: 0318.jpg (475x205, 18K)

lol 356 I mistyped.

so I was only half joking with that 454 recommendation

It's a single-action revolver, it'll never be a practical, pragmatic weapon. Get it in the largest boom you can manage, either .44 or .454.

Just curious, don't mean to criticize your choice, but why do you want to get a single action over a double action? Can't you still pull back the hammer and fire single action on a double action?

41 Rem Mag in the 6.5 barrel.

Because I want a single-action.

I already have nine DA wheelguns, I want an SA to add to my collection.

I didn't know this was a thing, ty

.357 mag if you don't reload, .45 LC if you do.

Came here to post this

.44 Magnum is what I would go for.

An option, but mind you can't go absolutely hog wild with handloading like you could with a normal .357 Blackhawk, as the bore on the convertible is slightly tighter, so you get higher pressure than normal with Magnum loads. Not a problem for most off the shelf loads, but don't go feeding it any Buffalo Bore or anything.

The entire point with the convertibles is so you can plink for stupid cheap. For the size of the Blackhawk though, I definitely prefer .44 or larger.

Attached: Blackhawk .44 Magnum.jpg (2832x2128, 1.7M)

.45 Colt makes the most sense in a single action.

Personally I like the 45 convertible. If I'm going snake hunting, I load some shotshells up for the long colt cylinder. If I'm going for a short hike I keep 300 grain hard casts loaded in the lc cylinder. The acp cylinder is great if you've got some loose acp rounds you want to target shoot with. It's fun, and pretty handy sometimes.

One bit of advice, my loads did horrible until I bored the cylinders out. For some reason, both the acp and lc cylinders were way undersized by at least 15 thousandths. After I bored them to .452, my groups got considerably smaller.

Also, dont let any blackhawk fool you with a short barrel size. Mine is a 6" and does excellent with semi-wadcutters.

.327 Federal Magnum so you can get eight shots and fire any of the dozen or so different bullets with the same diameter like .32 S&W Short, .32 S&W Long, .32 ACP (with moonclips), the fucking list goes on and on....
ruger.com/pdf/specs/327-NMBHawk.pdf
>join us here:

Attached: 6234417_03_ruger_blackhawk_327_640(1).jpg (640x360, 22K)

45 Colt. Everything else is for cucks.

>can't handle a mighty .44 Magnum or .454 Casull, needs his low pressure .45 cartridge to be comfortable

You need more meat in your diet. No, not that kind of meat.

seconding this. i've had my 357/38/9 for like 12 years and love it.

if it's single-action, just go big bore, it's not a carry piece

Single-action revolvers are viable for carry.

Can you get one with a .30 Carbine cylinder and a .327 cylinder? That would be pretty nice, .327 for practical purposes and .30 Carbine for retarded fireballs.

.30 carbine