$125

>$125
Why are meme mags so expensive? I know they have more limited production but it's still basically just a chunk of polymer with a spring and follower.

Attached: Magpul D60.jpg (800x800, 221K)

Do you know how hard it is to make a (reliably) functioning drum mag?

Pretty hard.

Honestly though at only 60rds it's not worth it if you could get a reliable casket mag desu.

It is essentially like overpriced dumb audiophile shit

By that logic, MP5s are just a bunch of stamped steel and some milled bits.
>R&D cost
>Production scale
>Demand
>Early adopter's pricing
Lots of reasons, user.

>I know they have more limited production
you answered your own fucking question

>By that logic, MP5s are just a bunch of stamped steel and some milled bits.
>implying they aren't
off to bed, gramps

You want the actual reason? Because people will pay for them. If humans weren't so bad at falling for memes, they'd be selling the things for $50.

Alright, I get what you're saying, but still, 5X the price of two Pmags? What could the price go down to if they started getting purchased in large numbers by civilians and militaries?

>reliable casket mag
Never have a heard of such a thing. Please point me into the direction of one of those.

A standard P-Mag is literally 3 injection molded parts and a spring. A drum magazine has anywhere between 10-20 injection molded parts.

When you talk about the cost of a mass produced, largely plastic product you have to realize that the vast, vast, vast majority of the cost to produce that product stems from the production and verification of the mold and the development of the production process (figuring out the timing, temperature, and cycle speed of the injection molding process). A product like a drum magazine requires far more molds than a stick magazine which means the up front cost to begin production is an order of magnitude greater than that of producing P-Mags. Combine that with the inherently reduced demand for drum magazines and the further reduction of demand due to the inherently higher pricepoint and you arrive at the answer for why they are so much more expensive than standard P-Mags.

>rpk drum roughly 60 bucks
>ar market retard tier shit 120+

Ar fags truly are the most retarded of the gun circle.

>rpk drum roughly 60 bucks
Mind giving me a link to one. Been looking to get one recently.

I bought one purely to meme with, turns out that its actually pretty good.
It also triggers fudds.
Coupled up with a brass catcher, it triggers the brass Jew as well.

They go on sale for $99, sometime w up to 250 rounds

>What could the price go down to if they started getting purchased in large numbers by civilians and militaries?
>purchased in large numbers
>price go down
do you even supply and demand bro

>do you even supply and demand bro
There's also economy of scale to consider

And people keep buying them anyway. Businesses now are money first, customers second.

Audible keks

I like it

Attached: 1523392448104.png (704x540, 270K)

>missing the point this fucking completely
They absolutely are, but my point to OP (and you now) is that cost to manufacture =/= MSRP. You have to consider all the things that go into making that first run of product, including:
>tooling
>initial materials
>workforce overhead
>factory building/retooling if you already have one
>delivery logistics
They have a saying in medical R&D:
"A pill may only cost a few nickels to make, but the first one costs $100 million"
Same goes for most manufactured goods with a high degree of refinement and a necessarily strict set of tolerances like guns & equipment.

When you make yo ur own you can sell them for whatever you like

One of these two feed reliably and it doesn't fit an rpk

If you got what we were saying you would have shut the fuck up. we just gave you the exact reason why and youre still asking why.

Fuck off

Well thanks for the you anyways user

Attached: 92.jpg (680x544, 30K)