Rod of God

If you were to have access to twelve of them, where would you shoot them and why?
If I understood correctly these are pretty much like nukes however without the *nasty* part, and they go deeper into structures like DUMBs and the like.

You have twelve of them, where would you aim them? Be it a capital, some govt agency, a private enterprise, or in a poor lads farm just for the laugh?
Come on, lets have a laugh and discuss the implications of this weapon being real.

Besides the US of A, who else could have them, Russia, Japan, Iran, or Israel? Oh almost forgot China.

Attached: rod.png (600x527, 201K)

They have a very narrow impact site however.
Worse, its only equal in energy to get them there, IE the launchpad can tank it, so will the same level.

So think wrecking American housing and assasination over city killer.

Twelve largest ships of the Argentinian navy

Mom's fine china gravy boats dont make a navy dad.

the 1st to DIA & maybe the other 11 immediately after if i feel like being a dick about it

>takes several billions to bring into space
>drop them
>reach critical velocity
>realize you brought a solid rod into space for zero effect

Might as well throw it out of a plane,
it's a fucking meme

I have thought that a sufficiently wealthy private investor would, with current technology, and ability to recruit a good astrodynamicist, be able to launch a probe with ion thrusters and solar sails etc such that they could capture a small space rock (maybe one of the Perseids) and alter its course in a precise manner, to weaponise it. With sufficiently fine guidance it could be aimed at a chosen city, and if maneuvering was timed well it could go undetected by others and thus appear to be natural.

Beijing, Moscow, Pyongyang and Washington DC (3 each).

Plz Elon, save us all with "natural impacts".

Damascus, the entire Gaza strip (at least 5), Moscow, Pyongyang, Beijing (twice), Tehran. Last one gets a fuck off huge American flag and goes straight into the heart of Antarctica, which we would then annex and use for solar collection and data storage, maybe some environmental engineering in the future.

>If you were to have access to twelve of them, where would you shoot them and why?
Hold them in reserve till russians or chinese get frisky

Attached: 67_.jpg (890x890, 327K)

The launchpad only has to take the energy in the first few seconds of its ascent. There's a looooot more energy being burned up in the sky, and then probably a little more getting it into just the right orbit and position. It will land with more force than the launch pad felt.

Even then, you are now dealing with terminal velocity over powered thrust.
And the whole flechette teeny hole.

>what are recoilless rifles

•The Whitehouse
•Congress
•The Pentagon
•Raven Rock
•NSA HQ
•CIA HQ
•remaining rods used on the top FiveEyes facilities.

Watch the world go crazy.

Lumbini
Mecca
The Vatican
Wittenberg
Badrinath
Harmandir Sahib
The Pentagon
The Kremlin
Church of the Holy Sepulchre
House of Saud
The Utah Data Center

The Panama Fucking Canal.

A rocket system

The most important national monuments of the 12 countries with the most nukes.

>Panama Canal
Oh fuck, I just realized; if you hit the Panama, Suez, and the Turkish straights (knock down those bridges) to plug them off; the world hunger scenario would kick off something fierce.

And bingo was his name o.

New York City

Toronto

Tel Aviv

Jerusalem.

Then I'd save the rest for when the Jews regroup and consolidate then hit wherever that it with the rest.

All twelve across Israel

Without targeting anything specific?
>total casualties: 2 crows, assortment of insect and bacterial life

all in on FSU

go gators

Not bad you thoughtful cunt.
Not bad at all...

>If I understood correctly these are pretty much like nukes however without the *nasty* part, and they go deeper into structures like DUMBs and the like.
They're pretty much like whatever the fuck you want them to be, because they're so far from practical reality that if we assume they exist reality itself no longer has any jurisdiction.

>If I understood correctly these are pretty much like nukes however without the *nasty* part
You did not understand correctly. There is no explosion, the rod from god will just burrow a hole a few hundred, maybe a thousand feet deep, but only as wide as the rod. Like a full metal jacket bullet compared to a hollowpoint.

In all seriousness, if I would drop each one on a different globalist hub like the Fed or Lourdes, I'd probably just drop *two* -- before announcing each strike -- at around local apparent noon exactly twelve hours apart: the first would strike the one of the tallest buildings in the eastern hemisphere (Birj Dubai or China World Trade Center III); twelve hours later, the second would strike the New York World Trade Center Freedom Tower.

The daily warnings that anonymous w/ pgp key #xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is going to do something huge will begin ten days before the first rod is dropped.
One week before it happens, it will be described as a devastating attack, and each subsequent day the warnings begin to include ever more detailed facts about the attack, it's nature, and eventually, it's targets.

Three days before dropping the first rod, NYWTCFT & CWTC3 are announced as targets.

Two days before, a modest ransom is demanded.

The day before, the ransom doubles.

>first rod hits china's WTC

The world is warned: pay the now-exhorbitant ransom or evacuate WTC NY.

>second rod either strikes wtc or has launch aborted

I now offer my services as a mercenary orbital bombing company.

>we may have to drop a couple more on any rockets getting set up to launch from various nat'l & gov't contracted launch pads.

Oh, the profits!

Attached: 1526424963867.jpg (640x853, 44K)

How has no-one said the three gorges yet?

The next meeting of the IPCCC

>ATF HQ
>CIA HQ
>MI6 HQ
>The Kremlin
>4 scattered around Beijing
>The Vatican
>The wailing wall
>OP's house
>Wall Street

If your think kinetic bombardment is anywhere near as destructive as nukes you are a dumbass

>thats a nice carrier fleet you got there.. It would be shame if anything was to happen to it..

Attached: I_wanna_do_things_to_your_butt.jpg (1328x1552, 494K)

> If you were to have access to twelve of them, where would you shoot them and why?

Captain America
Captain America
and Captain America

> You just said Captain America twelve times.

BECAUSE I WANT HIM TO DIE TWELVE TIMES!

Attached: untitled2.png (638x359, 260K)

major israeli and saudi populations and falkland islands for the lolz

>dodging the question
Yes that’s because that would be a good use for KB but it is still nowhere near as powerful as a nuclear weapon

All of them on Southern California. All of them.

The "International Panel on Climate Change.. Committee"?

I love this image because the rods are getting launched backward.

That's how you're supposed to de-orbit something from a satellite.

And leave San Fransisco untouched? The fuck is the matter with you?

Mecca
Tel Aviv x 4
Riyadh x 3
Karachi x 4

Launching the rods from the satellite like that would result in, depending on the orientation of the launch axis compared to the orbital direction, either:
prograde: rods enter higher orbit.
nadir: rods enter atmosphere sideways, resulting in excessive braking and heat. Rods are impossible to aim/steer.
retrograde: rods enter atmosphere fins-forward.
There's no possible scenario where that launch orientation works. The correct orientation is for the rods to come out of the launcher fins-first, with the launch axis oriented along the orbital retrograde.

no, you're assuming that the rod stays intact through this impact. the rod will be very hot and combined with the force of impact the rod will disintegrate. this disintegration with release kinetic energy into the surrounding material and have an effect which is essentially explosive. the impact will also cause shock waves to propagate through the medium, just like a bullet. the exact depth that this happens will depend on the composition of the material with which it impacts. it's basically a kinetic kill vehicle.

it's also fucking stupid. the energy released is considerably less than nukes, for the about the same price (i think actually more) and can anyway be replicated with modern conventional munitions. the air force studied it and concluded it was a waste of time.

>muh rods of god

why would you ever do this? orbit is expensive. supposing it wasn't, the reentry plasma sheath cripples guidance systems. you're getting a shitty IRBM at 100x the cost.

and you're missing the big point of cheap heavy space lift. instead of lifting shit to orbit where every third world with a laser can dazzle or overheat it and every backyard astronomer can see it coming...use that spacex BFR to throw sub-orbital projectiles. Now you're throwing a hundred maneuvering hypersonic gliders with every launch. build a rocket-bomber force of 10 BFRs, now you're firing thousand-RV salvos every 24 hours like clockwork, no need for B2s, B1s or B52s.

You forgot the Vatican and Salt Lake City: get all the Abrahamics in one go

>If I understood correctly these are pretty much like nukes
You did not understand correctly at all. I suggest a remedial kerbal space program course

Attached: 1524908803243.png (1440x1557, 738K)

Literally every fucking one straight into the ATF headquarters. It will do nothing, it will solve even less, but goddamn. I'd feel, for just a brief, fleeting moment, like a fucking hardcore motherfucker, raining down pain on those dog-shooting power-tripping assholes.

Attached: 1526848123818.jpg (766x1024, 67K)

Hello SPECTRE

All 12 on myself

Turkey
All of them

Are you an wizard? The impact energy of a tungsten rod would be that of its orbital velocity x mass. The force the launch pad must endure is the vessel's velocity x mass. As the vessel is moving much slower on the ground, the force is much less.

I would shoot them on the idiot who invented it and the politician that approved that waste of money on a meme weapons

My mistake. I'm too damn sleepy.

>All those targets containing priceless history, architecture, art, and artifacts.
>You'd blow away all of this because you don't like religion

Literally worse than ISIS. The Vatican alone contains 70,000 irreplaceable pieces from a wide variety of cultures. You'd destroy all of this and it wouldn't even get rid of Catholicism.

Attached: 800px-Statue-Augustus.jpg (800x1200, 196K)

That's when your satellite gets blown out of the sky and black pajamas come through your window in the dark of night.

/thread

ISIS are just a bunch of muslim incels.

israel 10 times
mecca
canberra

A bunch of Muslim incels that destroyed thousands of years worth of history because they didn't like that other people believed things that they don't.
I don't give a fuck if retards want to shoot each other over stupid shit, but intentionally destroying history because you don't like it makes me absolutely furious.

Attached: Palmyra-Al-Lat-lion-after-photo-credit-DGAM-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 1.03M)

>falkland islands for the lolz
Still mad eh argie?

Badass

They shouldn't have decelerated to terminal velocity by the time they hit the ground unless you're actually de-orbiting them which is dumb. The idea is to have a orbital velocity with a high enough eccentricity to intersect with the Earth
Still stupid expensive though.

Pure autism.

Good luck with that, autist.

oh no, a bunch of old rocks got destroyed. how sad.

you have autism.

You're not wrong, I'm just pointing out that they're no different than the other mouth breathers here.

>Tel Aviv
Did you mean Jerusalem?

>Like a full metal jacket bullet compared to a hollowpoint
So what you're saying is we need hollow point rods.

This post is bad in every way.
It's either shitty bait or the shitty opinions of a shitty person. Get off of Jow Forums and go call your grandmother or something. She'd probably love to hear from you.

What would the impact velocity of such a rod be?

Every where KJU could be and mecha then Id keep the rest on stand by and hold Iran hostage til they paid me 300 mill in cash. Buy an island in the south pacific and make my own county with the rods from god as my national defense strategy.

We have a winner

>If I understood correctly these are pretty much like nukes
NO
THEY
AREN'T

Pound-for-pound they're only like 3x more powerful than high explosives (as opposed to roughly a million times more bang per pound from thermonuclear warheads).

Lemme guess - you listen to Sean Hannity a lot.

no

The HOUSE of Saud isn't actually a single building you dumb shit.

> 4 scattered around Beijing
> don't actually know the name of the compound of the Chinese leadership

>Da JEWS!!!!!!

I’d put one straight into the dome of the rock. But the rest I would save for the Mecca & Medina and the nine largest muslim capitals.
Heebs are just collateral damage

>all these Jew posters ITT
oy vey it's like you WANT to give them another holocaust to guilt-trip the world into giving them free shit.

11 on Hollywood, 1 on Mecca.

Attached: F8669733-B8D7-4ED4-8931-9BB6CD2725F7.jpg (350x254, 29K)

>2 in california
LA
San francisco
>3 in China
Beijing
Shanghai
Guangzhou
>1 in North Korea
Pyongyand
>1 in UK
Fuck the shit out of London
>1 in Saudia Arabia
Bye bye Mecca
>1 in France
Goodbye paris
>launch everything that is left at fucking Turkey

Yellowstone, Lake Toba, Mount Etna

Ah you got me there. I meant Salman's bedroom.

>Goodbye paris
Why though
Get us rid of our politicians, not the civils. The town's beautiful, these penguins dont deserve to claim being representative of it all anyway

All twelve to Israel.

Attached: 91203A3B-5BEC-4232-8DAA-423BF5B990DF.jpg (900x600, 238K)

It's about as much bang as a rocket blowing up on the launchpad.

Don't get me wrong, that's a lot of bang and heavily focused into the ground at that but at the end of the day it's not in the same league as a WMD. We're looking at a MOAB or FAEB levels of multiple city blocks but not entire cities.

It's a good bunker buster, though. All that force will hit the ground first, causing shockwaves that turns reinforced concrete into powder and wreckaged.

Depends on if you accelerate it in space. You could give it a lot more velocity than it had going up.

Best space weapon is always going to be a comet or meteor parked in orbit with propulsion on it that you can use to send it hurtling down at a target.

Problem is that we haven't mastered stable orbits completely and this type of weapon could easily make the Tsar Bomb look like a cap gun and extinguish human life in a single hit if you pick a big enough comet, so a bit crazy to develop.

all in on Gainesville

go noles

so says the random, uncited random on Jow Forums. I mean im not saying im any better, im unsourced as well but ive definitely read defence department or DARPA documents that talk about them being only slightly les capable weight wise than a standard nuclear charge, that ends up leaving zero radiation and fallout.

But yeah im sure its just 3 times more powerful than normal explosives huh...

i know hte US government and its military spending are often braindead retarded but to say they would invest the money they do on budget, and the classfied budget they do towards this project just for it to be only 3 times mor epowerful weight by weight is just rediculous to me. Its simply not economically feasible to put something into orbit, maintain it in obit and drop it acurately on target just for it to be 3 times more explosive than conventional explosive.

Like really just considerwhat yor actually typing and realise how sily it sounds. I know the black budget of the US is off the scale and they spend rediculous money on rediculous shit but i dont think even they could justify a globally illegal space weapon that if they ever usd would result in conddemnation and attack by evey other nation in the wold that upholds the non weapons proliferation of space treaty just for a weapon only 3xstronger than normal just for the shit s and giggles of it coming from space.

no quiet the opposite i never want it to go into the hands of Argentinians ever again i want all hope of their gay lil malvinas coming back to be gone forever what does Britannia lose some sheep farms?

the buttmad the argies suffer would be orgasm inducing
fuck niggertinians

Attached: 1388237127386.png (807x547, 402K)

Attached: db0.png (200x186, 77K)

>notice non on isreal

who could be behind this??

>
|
\V

What're the twelve most populous cities in China?

The rothschilds, wherever they may be, preferably several at the same time to save ammo
Cia hq
Atf hq
Nsa hq
Both houses of congress get a seperate rod, i dont care if one would be enough, scorched earth motherfucker
Keep the rest in reserve to destroy any attempts to bring back tyranny to the american people

ghettos of orange county california

>What're the twelve most populous cities in China?
They don't level cities

Omnicidal asshat
some of us like not being dead

>one on paris
>one on korea
>ten on Japan

That is about what I would do.
>Why Paris?
Fuck paris it is a city of whores that's why!
>Why korea
Because they fucking hateius that's why
>Why 10 on Japan?
not enough justice was brought and not enough revenge was carried out and they never apologized nor were sincere about it and they got off way too easy from the war.