How are 14.5" ARs?

How are 14.5" ARs?

Attached: R14M4-7A4T-L.jpg (3374x1170, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ggq1WnS3Kq8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ask the ATF. They know.

Fine, how are you?

If it's mid length gas. Best length IMHO

>ice pick ballistics

>overgassed

they suck ass.

Light and handy. It also unironically is much better inside my home
Then my 16”

Attached: 0D10DBF5-AB51-4926-8011-25CF35E99D97.jpg (1536x2048, 820K)

Caliber is the question here. What Caliber? The .458 SOCOM was made to rock out of 10 to 12 inch barrels...

4.2 inches longer than 10.3" AR's.

Good for most applications

Attached: 1502689807409.png (851x817, 513K)

Yee.

Attached: WP_20180405_006[1].jpg (3072x1352, 1.55M)

ask the military, if they have time to answer you in between putting out rfi's every ten seconds

Average.

It literally perform as well as a 20 inch barrel out to about 200 yards

they're like a party in your mouth and everyone is invited because op is a faggot and cannot stop sucking dicks.

my 12 inch is also much better inside your home. ask your girlfriend.

>It literally perform as well as a 20 inch barrel out to about 200 yards
Except for being 200 fps slower, which reduces your effective bullet upset range from 150 yards to about 100 yards. KEK

>any year
>pinning and welding something on your barrel
It doesn't get any fucking dumber. If you think 1.5" (comparing to 16" barrel) is worth permanently fucking your barrel, you're an idiot.

Either build a pistol an go as short as you want, pay for a $200 tax stamp and build an SBR so you can still go as short as you want, or go 16"+. 14.5" pinned and welded has no purpose beyond you being a fag.

They're all the rage now. My chief objection to them is they generate twice the chamber pressure and therefore twice the wear and tear, not to mention noticeable muzzle hop. Shooting rifle gas is like shooting an Airsoft gun.

Oh another fag who finds some random study to shoehorn in barely relevant threads

And just how many times do you switch out a muzzle device?

had one of those same barrels with the extended FH. liked it lots. nice n tight

This. Solid 16" build first for general purpose go anywhere rifle. Then pistol second for delicious CQB range action. shooting.

Pointless just get a 16” or go pistol at w/e length you want

The effective bullet upset range for a 55 grain bullet out of a 14.5 inch barrel is 170 - 190 yards

Watch this: youtu.be/Ggq1WnS3Kq8

They go barrel by barrel - round by round

I just finished my build yesterday and decided to get my raifus together for a threesome.
So far I love how light it is not that 1.5 inches makes that big of a deal I am just used to that heavy milled AK.
I hope to get some rounds through it next week.

Attached: Raifuseastwest.jpg (1536x2048, 273K)

Do you need special tools to change a barrel on an AR?

Yes there is a wrench for it

Attached: wrench.jpg (1500x1500, 168K)

It's perfect for LARP uppers that you don't plan on changing until the barrel goes out anyways.

Attached: IMG_20180218_153330.jpg (5094x3204, 3.32M)

I got one with a faxon pencil barrel and a pinned and welded muzzle brake. It's really light and handy. I know the difference in length is small compared to 16 but I definitely notice a difference. Would totally recommend if you don't want to go SBR for whatever reason. For me it was because I live right on state lines and I really dont want to limit myself if I wanted to go shooting on a whim since I rarely get a chance to shoot anyway.

>what is a pinned & welded muzzle device?

Attached: Attach7817_20180423_152158.png (230x219, 4K)

About the same as a 4" cock. Shorter for her pleasure.

A loop hole for ATF to shoot your dog still.

It really isnt.

Attached: heymisterGman.png (500x506, 114K)

That's funny, I shot the best group of any AR I own out of my 14.5.

Go 16" or 11.5"

I have a 14.5" midlength-gas SBR. I really enjoy it. With MK262 its just as lethal as any 20" firing 55gr.

I fired it at night and did some muzzle flash testing with a basic bitch a2 girdcage. I tested wolf gold, american eagle, IMI, Golden tiger (steel), and wolf (steel)

Wolf gold was the best, with little no flash, I could keep my eyes on target quite easily. American eagle and IMI were a little worse and about the same, a 2 inch flame was visible... took me a second or two to require my target. Gold Tiger and Wolf surprisingly gave me a 12" fireball that had be blinking away spots on my eyes. Had I been firing on a long range target, I would not be effective.

So yeah, I have no idea why but it seems slavshit has quite a muzzle flash (and stout recoil for what it is)

Attached: ar.jpg (2100x1181, 1.1M)

I like mine, but its my first and only AR
Went with 14.5 and pinned for my compete upper because I wanted shortest possible OAL, and didn't know about SBRs yet, this was >10 years ago.

Does anyone in this world make a mid-length 14.5" assembled upper w/ A2 FSB for a drop-in hand-guard and w/o CH or BCG?

I'm being lazy and I don't feel like building but it looks like I may anyway cause the only ones I have found so far that even remotely fit the bill are on the retarded side of pricing ($600-700 and up)

BCM probably.

inferior to 10.5 inches

Attached: Photo of 2 L119A1s as used by British Special Forces (SAS, SBS) or SFSG soldiers in Iraq..jpg (600x413, 59K)

>have short barrel
>put more shit on the end that's not barrel
>now have 2" of not barrel on your now 16" barrel

I was considering a 12" t91 upper but I guess I'll go with 16.

>have 2" of not barrel on your 14.5" barrel
vs
>have 2" of not barrel on your 16" barrel
I know it's a holiday weekend but at least try to preserve some of your more basic brain functions.

Compared to a 14.5" barrel, a round shot from a 20" barrel will be traveling at about the same velocity as one from the 14.5" barrel about 50-75 yards farther from the point of firing. Realistically the 20" fives you less than 100 yards more of a velocity in that regard. Still an advantage, but not some crazy shit.

Depends on the ammunition, that's assuming a load that favors 14.5" barrels

Former airborne infantryman here reporting that the 14 5" M4A1 is totally sweet and never malfunctions with any ammo we were issued as long as the rifle is kept clean and the magazines are in decent condition (with only 28 rounds loaded in each -- which handily allows you to fire nine three-round bursts with one round left in the chamber when you swap in a fresh 28-round detachable box magazine -- which ruins the nice pattern, but you don't care about that after the first magazine anyway cuz u in sum shit nao).

>shorter barrels introduce failure

Attached: 1525741069601.jpg (581x750, 93K)

Nice reading comprehension there bud.

Attached: ackshually.png (680x680, 124K)