I want to carry my 1911; however, per my employers policy I need to be able to mount a flashlight to it and wear it in a Safariland holster.

Problem: my 1911 does not have an integral rail.

I know Surfire made the MR07 specifically for this but they discontinued production.

Any solutions?

Attached: 1911.jpg (800x800, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

primaryarms.com/SSP Applications/NetSuite Inc. - SCA Mont Blanc/Development/img/STL69279_05.jpg
armslist.com/posts/8227940/phoenix-arizona-optics-for-sale--ramlite-magnetic-laser-sights-and-lights-for-handguns--
guntraffic.com/cb/index.pl?s=surefire
youtube.com/watch?v=ArDRg5SkuT0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buy one of those cheapo tactical RIA 1911s. In 10mm.

>Any solutions?
get a 1911 that fits the requirements?
or join the rest of us in 21st century and get a modern pistol
i have a 1911 too and i love it. but modern pistols are superior in virtually every way

Attached: pan3ipgkgz5x.jpg (1080x1080, 115K)

not op but im looking at one are they really sex

>I need to be able to mount a flashlight to it
>Any solutions?
Zipties.

Getting a basic bitch polymer 9 seems like a more prudent solution.

Will that fit in a Safariland?

TLR-6

its pretty cool and a free bonus laser

drill and tap a rail on it. of course if you do that you will never find a holster for this 1 off gun.
just buy something else.

Buy another 1911

I don't own one but I'd image it meets the dimensions of a holster designed for a 1911 with a light rail. Wouldn't make much sense if it didn't.

Attached: 385a23bdec306516d73097cf1ee89e65c25851041b761c6ce72333762b607db4.jpg (620x709, 64K)

primaryarms.com/SSP Applications/NetSuite Inc. - SCA Mont Blanc/Development/img/STL69279_05.jpg

Get a light that clips to the trigger guard

cheap sex like an asian hooker. it will get you off reliably

sorry for the gay link im not dowloading that file just copy paste

i have a tlr, it's nice, but these are my complaints:

not designed for much mounting/unmounting (plastic coarse threading is tight but wears out)

virtually no water resistance
(this can be addressed with the use of a sealant on the seams of the mechanism on installation as well as waterproofing the battery door)

it's pretty nice and i like it for the rail-less fit. I just wish it was better quality in some regards, but it's not a mil-spec item. I'm happy with it.

>Buy one of those cheapo tactical RIA 1911s
Honest opinion on the doublestack tactical RIA 1911's?

There’s the crimson trace light guards, not sure how good the light is though

Attached: 36D4C55C-FEEB-4BA6-8129-40744B2F63CB.jpg (576x432, 277K)

That thing is a fuckin' disgrace.

Attached: image.jpg (526x563, 252K)

He has a few left..
armslist.com/posts/8227940/phoenix-arizona-optics-for-sale--ramlite-magnetic-laser-sights-and-lights-for-handguns--

>discontinued

You can still find one on eBay, but you’ll be paying more than what it used to be. I won mine through a bid less than a month ago. Safariland was able to make a custom holster for my 1911, which took about 3 weeks

Fun fact: the woman who helped me with the holster chuckled and said I was old school ;_;

Attached: E1F62ADB-D6B5-4163-BFBA-D9859F969772.jpg (995x748, 195K)

Crimson trace lightguard

Surefire mr07

Recover tactical 1911 grips

Tlr-6

There are actually a few options.

my step-grandfather wanted a rail on his 1911 for a light so we found him some grips that clamshell around the trigger guard and form a rail. he's been happy with it so far. might try some of those

why would you do that user. buy an XD45. if you end up having to cap someone and the cops take your gun, you wont be out of your nice 1911

Attached: 1911.jpg (720x960, 155K)

I think he is a cop. I.e. why he is mandated to have a weapon light.

So...do they ever return it? If so, how long would it normally take?

Attached: 20180325_182338.jpg (3750x1495, 3.49M)

How long do criminal proceedings take? I knew a bitch that had her car seized for like 6 years. Just sat in evidence going to shit.

Damn, that sucks

if hes a cops than nevermind. he go home with it in his holster. but if hes private security than hed be better off getting a cheap reliable pistol.

if its home defense you might be able to get out of it. but on the street its just red tape and bureaucracy. its possible nut is the paperwork and hassle really worth it?

do i spy a benchmade?

There use to be a couple methods, like a take down lever based rail, but unfortunately im not aware of anything currently being produced other than those polymer overmold kits with the rails. They've got ok reviews, but not stellar IIRC.

>I know Surfire made the MR07 specifically for this but they discontinued production.

This is probably your best bet, apart from buying a completely new rail gun. afaik, Safariland would have a holster made for a Surefire rail light, if they dont, I would recommend just buying a Springfield with a rail.

I remember searching hard for a Surefire rail adapter for my rail less 226. Here are some prospective links. ctrl+f for the two listings, $75
guntraffic.com/cb/index.pl?s=surefire

if i worked with you, my life would also depend on your gun and i would be pretty pissed you were being such a m'lady faggot that you wanted to use a jammomatic 100 year old range toy to defend me with.

>and i would be pretty pissed you were being such a m'lady faggot that you wanted to use a jammomatic 100 year old range toy to defend me with.

Now, you can get a 1911 that is very reliable and 9mm ones can potentially hold 10+1 which is okay. HOWEVER, if OP does some dumb shit like buy a shitty rail adapter that doesn't even work let alone has a holster option readily available, buys a piece of shit WML or straight up buys a piece of shit $400 1911 just because he wants to play WW1 reenactor, he will be a faggot. Posting a picture of a Remshit 1911 isnt helping his case either.

That being said, OP should just buy a fucking Glock 17, throw an X300U on it and call it a goddamn day.

>Missing the adjacent Michrotech

But having to shoot a person twice is just silly

>But having to shoot a person twice is just silly
Tell that to Jared Reston who took a 230gr .45 round from a Glock 21 to his jaw but was still able to fight and kill his attacker.

youtube.com/watch?v=ArDRg5SkuT0

fwiw, Reston mentions if he were using a low cap gun like a 1911, he would of had to reload somewhere in the fight and that 2-4 seconds wasted reloading would have costed him his life. So take this for what it's worth.

Attached: 1503661629102.jpg (883x924, 231K)

Buy a shitty cheap flashlight and 500 Fahrenheit
thermally activated glue.
>Preheat oven to 6oo degrees Fahrenheit
>Remove grips
>Place 1911 on baking sheet covered in tin foil
>Smear wherever you want light in glue
>Firmly affix light to 1911. Sandwich between two heavy oven safe objects
>Cook for 5-10 minutes

To remove
>Remove grips
>Oven for 5-10 minutes at 600 degrees
>Remove light
>scrape off excess glue

want to carry my FN-FIVE7; however, per my employers policy I need to be able to mount a flashlight to it and wear it in a Safariland holster.

Problem: my FN-FIVE7 does not have an integral rail.

I know Surfire made the MR07 specifically for this but they discontinued production.

Any solutions?

Yeah, ignore all the other shit he did wrong, like splitting up with his partner, deciding it was "go time" and thinking he was getting into a brawl and not doing the intelligent thing and treating his suspect armed until proven otherwise. Add on top he was using a shitty stock Glock that had cheap plastic sights and the old shit grip texture.

The fact is the only things that saved him was his vest, and that he was being shot at by a dumb nigger. Throw in that he got lucky the bullet that hit is jaw deflected out the side of face instead of into his brain pan.

If just one of those criteria was different he would have been dead. Number of rounds was his least concern.

Train like your life depends on it, and treat any potentially dangerous situation like how you train, and your far less likely to wind up like Reston: a product of luck.

>a shitty stock Glock that had cheap plastic sights and the old shit grip texture.
yeah, that makes the bullets work less