What's your general opinion on lever action rifles and revolvers? Or "cowboy guns"

What's your general opinion on lever action rifles and revolvers? Or "cowboy guns"

Attached: IMG_6127.png (500x500, 76K)

i have been craving an 1894 carbine lately

they are for real americans only

Attached: scsa0.gif (320x240, 1.85M)

And what's stopping you user?

They're cool as fuck, plus you get bonus points for it in Texas if you kill niggers with them.

Objectively inferior to semi-automatics. But so much cooler

For a second it looked like OP image, vault boy was holding the knife with the blade up and down, gouging into his lower lip

He doesn't even swallow any....

They’re cool and fun and I wish I had a carbine length .357 levergun but they’re kind of hard to find right now ilunless you want a Henry which I don’t.

>Objectively inferior to semi-automatics.
For what? Semiauto is only a necessary, or even really desirable feature in a combat firearm. In any other firearm designed for any other purpose, the added weight and complexity probably make semiauto a net negative, really.

most aesthetic firearms on the face of the earth

Attached: win73.jpg (6444x1596, 1.74M)

You have no clue how serious the WWF is with their actors

Anyone who says anything negative about horsie manual action firearms is a communist.

Attached: 31D75342-A0BE-475E-854F-A3314A084B22.jpg (786x627, 172K)

I want a single action army.

They are super fun.

You know you can buy guns online right nigga?

Not him but
I have hesitations about buying without handling it. Every store I go to I ask if they have 1895CBs, they say ‘no, but we can order one’. I won’t do it though, what if I decide that it’s Remlin junk and don’t buy it, now this poor guy did me a favor and is stuck with it and no sale. So I get user’s troubles.

>aesthetic as fuck
>perfect innawoods/trail guns
>reliable, simple, and versatile
>great for reloaders
love 'em both

That is an understandable and respectable position to take, and one I hadn't considered

The epitome of being Murican

Attached: 25484bc2e1d7839e38a0f5cab69879c1.gif (320x240, 1.67M)

I love the asthetics of classic cowboy guns but practical/tactical side of me will never carry a single action revolver.

So I got RedHawk .45ACP/.45LC. It's heavy hunk of metal, and at first I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it, but after replacing the factory sights with Hi Viz, I love this thing.

So for me, as much as I appreciate single action revolvers, I'll only ever own double actions.

As for lever action rifles, I think it's great for SHTF if you only ever want to buy two guns and one caliber.

while .44 mag will be more liked, .357 mag is very veritile for a revovler and lever action. It will take care of most banditos and medium sized game.

Large Game is where .44 mag would shine.

Tactical cowboy thread? Tactical cowboy thread.

Attached: IMG_1763.jpg (750x1000, 200K)

I loves my revvy baby

Attached: IMAG0161.jpg (2448x3264, 1.16M)

>lever action rifles
Fun but novelty wore off pretty fast for me.
>revolvers
Fuck yes.

single action army

Attached: Screenshot_20180524-230827~01.png (720x588, 501K)

Many I sure am glad no one can reload faster than me.
delt this

Attached: 1492898913073.gif (300x226, 1.8M)

They are awesome. Fun as hell. First cowboy purchase was a SAA clone in 45lc. If poor I would recommend a 357 magnum instead

>Revolvers
I love mine but I would take a semi-auto handgun over it for self defense. I plan on adding one or two more to the stable in the near future however.
>Lever-Action Rifles
I love them too, although I don't own any yet. If there was a lever action with a detachable magazine in something like a 9mm or 357mag I'd be all over that as a self defense option.
I'll probably end up with a tube fed 22lr or a 223 version some day.

I've never a lever action revolver operate. Sounds cool

Attached: circuit_judge_lever-tfb.jpg (900x248, 18K)

>Anyone who says anything negative about horsie manual action firearms is a communist.
Which reminds me of pic. My dick is diamonds, thank you for reminding me.

Attached: 1512301409593.jpg (1024x455, 205K)

I'm really wanting to get a SAA clone. Been leaning towards a Taylor's & Co smoke wagon deluxe. Seems like after all the tunning they do to the already pretty nice Uberti cattleman SAA Clones might make an one of the nicest off the shelf product single action revolver on the market.

fun

Attached: 1416444761581.jpg (1200x718, 1M)

ouchies

>engraved guns
get fucked

I love revolvers. They're the only type of handgun I buy.

I have a levergun in .357 Magnum. Fun gun for plinking with .38 Special, but wouldn't use it for anything else other than home defense.

This more your style?

Attached: 01.jpg (1000x470, 187K)

Bump

they DO offer a tactical advantage

Badassery at it's finest

I want a .45 long revolver so bad, but I can't afford one. Reeeeeee
And out of curiosity, what was the first swing-out cylinder revolver?

>being poor

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAYAYAYA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The adjustment screw on my Marlin 1895 SBL's rear sight (XS lever rail ghost ring) is pretty firmly stuck, and I'm afraid of ruining the head of the screw if I use much more force on it. Do you guys have any tricks?

bella.
Pieces of art more than fireamrs though

Colt 1889. The cylinder rotated backwards, too

Super glue the bit in there

No holster for you, my bean-eating friend?

Attached: B160C1F6-8A24-4E76-A1BB-35F064EC5342.jpg (640x480, 138K)

They're even more fun with your own reloads.
It gives you a real appreciation for each shot.

Attached: Reloads.jpg (3264x1840, 2.12M)

>Anyone who says anything negative about horsie manual action firearms is a communist.
Your jib is cut perfectly and I would most certainly like to subscribe to your newsletter, if you, in fact distribute one.

Attached: 2f6843ed2c36457ca6414d0a61d6710ee194aa59a057697243c1cb1f8d12e12a_1.jpg (640x643, 106K)

They're fun but I won't rely on one to save my bacon.

>...unless you want a Henry which I don’t.
Why not a Henry user? I own a few of them and have had no issues of any kind.

Attached: 1489900411985.jpg (640x425, 86K)

1st day on the internet?

Go clean your daddies glock brand glock and leave us adults alone to enjoy things that are both pieces of art and functioning death machines.

Attached: and-they-say-kids-shows-arent-violent-0_o_6573107.jpg (640x1200, 554K)

>ouchies
What do you mean? Sorry, new to guns, to sure of the implications.

The Henry rifles look really nice, and I'd love to get one soonish. The .22s look really fun as plinkers. I think a lot of people are making an unnecessarily big fuss about the lack of a loading gate on the receiver.
I could see that being a dealbreaker if you-re doing some fun shooting stuff like CAS, but for slaughtering paper and tin cans on a lazy Sunday... I don't see it mattering much.
Same deal for hunting. really. If what you're shooting at won't drop to 5-6-7 rounds of .45-70, I imagine you'll be too stressed out to drop another round into the receiver, and you might want to reconsider your gun choice; People, both in ye olde times and current. have hunted grotesquely huge and often fuckoff dangerous African game with wimpier calibres in single shot guns.
I should clarify; I do not mean to rag on loading gates or tote the tube loading as a superior choice - I simply believe the lack of a loading gate should discount Henry rifles when picking a lever action.
That said, since Marlin got their shit together and came with the 1894 in SBL flavor, I think I'll get no more than a .22 Henry.

They burn the shit out of your wrist

He's probably thinking of the cylinder gap (between cylinder and barrel). Escaping gases (warm and ouchies-y) from the firing of a round escape out of it and burn the arm you're using to support the foreend of the gun.
...Or at least that's the theory. I haven't heard anyone mentioning it outside of Jow Forums, but I've also not seen many - None at all, to be honest - revolver longguns.

You are like a little baby

Attached: IMG_20180121_000118155.jpg (3264x2448, 2.01M)

He just enjoyed smelling like PBR all night and getting everyone else sticky. Rednecks seem to be amused by alcohol abuse.

SA revolvers are for the range but lever actions are perfectly valid general purpose repeaters. And I want them all.

Oh. It's supposed to have a little plate on the front end of the cylinder to avoid that, although I don't know how well it works.

Attached: m8a1p4si.jpg (769x450, 65K)

Yeah, it seems strange to me that they wouldn't have accounted for it. Looks like a really fun gun to shoot.

I think they look badass. Wouldn't really use it for a self defense situation though. Better options for that. But I really want one nonetheless.

I have a circut judge, It's a fun gun and I use it for turkey hunting. mine doesn't have a gas plate like that but I don't even notice any hot gas when shooting.

Love muh wheel-guns.

Attached: Screenshot_20180525-155810.jpg (1440x1186, 1.38M)

Also love muh Marlin. Been in the mood for another. Maybe one of those original Henry repros.

Attached: IMG_20161114_160300.jpg (2703x2703, 3.64M)

Fun to shoot

Expensive and obsolete

A Marlin 336 weighs 7 pounds, whereas an AR can weigh from 6 to 7. If I'm shooting a deer, I'd rather be able to make a fast follow up shot so as to kill the deer quicker; both platforms present enough accuracy to hit reliably in the terrain offered by most of North America. More caliber diversity in the semi-auto market, from .22lr to .308 in just the AR family. Easier to mount optics and other accessories. As a lever-action enthusiast, they are blown out of the water by a semi-auto.

Are falling blocks considered lever actions?

Lever and revolving guns have killed more people that all generations of Glocks combined. Therefore, I like them a great deal.

I'd allow it. Falling-block rifles are pure sex.

They really are. I want one pretty dang bad. I just like giving her a hard time.

Have you looked at the Ruger no. 1?
I've been wanting a no.1 Tropical so bad for so long, but I can't seem to find any.

I have a Henry h001.

Cons:
-The sights aren't great and you'll need to adjust them out of the box.
-Receiver cover plate isn't the greatest material and the laquer finish isn't super strong. Right under the rear of the lever has chipped away a tiny bit on mine.

Pros:
-Everything else. Tack driver; and mind you I'm an awful shot.
-Super smooth action. Just remember that getting it that final centimeter as it locks the breech is slightly more and it might take a little bit of time before you get a feel for that last bit. The throw on it isn't too far.
Also if you're a big guy it might feel a bit small.

Ruger Security Six?

>sights aren't great
they really aren't. I put a simmons 4x30 scope on mine and it really brought out the accuracy

cowboy guns are the few gats that look good engraved.

Lever-action rifles kick ass. Old West revolvers, though, are kinda obsolete, in a couple ways, but still look a little cool. I plan on getting a 30-30 lever action soon, when I have the cash for it.

Lever action rifles are very inaccurate
>rounded bullets
>dovetail sights that can easily be bumped or shifted
>tube feeding messes with the barrel harmonics
Revolvers are nice tho, there's a reason they were used by most police until the early 90s

Attached: DSCN2784.jpg (660x811, 181K)

Lever actions are definitive proof that ARfags really do have small penises

Attached: cRT1E6S.jpg (3264x1836, 1.45M)

For the love of god get it in 44 magnum, whatever you do just don't get 30-30 you will be cursed with 65 cents per round minimum and ballistics that drop to 7.62x39 specs at just 100 yards.

Haha retard if you think barrel harmonics matters for accuracy youre retarded. You arent some l33t snipar. You shoot at dinner plate sized targets 100 ft away

There's also a reason they phased them out and the only reason it took so long was cause it took that long for auto loaders to become what they are now.

The 1895 and the current blr & henry long ranger run not just spitzer style booolits, but the 1895 can be had in 762x54r and the current prod. Blr in 308

>7.62x54R
Fun fact: If you get the 1895 in anything but .405 Winchester brand Winchester, you'll cause Theodore Roosevelt to make a full rotation in his grave.
Betcha you didn't know that, eh?

I fantasize about shooting up an university while dressed up as a cowboy.Dying in a shootout with police afterwards would be so amazing.

Attached: i0kUOCM7BotlAREDE5kds1MrXXCuiaDGELqXjwF3ZaA.png (1005x504, 96K)

I just bought a house and found this one in the attic 3 weeks ago. Haven't shot it yet but it seems pretty cool

Attached: 20180503_022611.jpg (4032x3024, 2.94M)

gb2 dead teddy

Attached: 9965175_1.jpg (1203x414, 107K)

not until i bust those trusts

Convince me to get a Henry 357 lever rifle over praying for a Marlin 357 to come back or getting some other repro.

Marlin are making 1894 rifles in .357 again, bro.

>>Objectively inferior to semi-automatics.For what? Semiauto is only a necessary, or even really desirable feature in a combat firearm. In any other firearm designed for any other purpose, the added weight and complexity probably make semiauto a net negative, really.

This. Self loading is useful, semi auto is only marginally less useful, self loading leveractions, bolt actions are perfectly fine. Semi auto will and can jam where a self loading will soldier on.

Chill out, Ocelot.

My favorite kinds of guns.

Attached: kimber k6s.jpg (500x500, 37K)

>buying Remlin

>tfw can't shoot lever action prone

>tfw can't rapid reload revolver

Attached: that-face-you-make-when-you-hear-julian-edelman-is-27310931.png (500x700, 125K)

I know the memes are great, but I gather they've gotten their shit fairly well together as far as Marlins are concerned. I've had no issues at all with my 1895SBL, a 2016 model.

lel

They're fun, they're cool.
They're still plenty useful, and anyone who refuses to accept that is an idiot.

What gun is that?