Negligent Discharge

Can we have a negligent discharge thread?

>be 21
>out drinking camping with friends
>guns involved
>buddy has a nugget
>has a modded hair trigger
>decided to carry it loaded bolt down
>there is a safety on this thing?
>don't know about trigger discipline
>nugget goes off into the ground between me and buddy
>we laugh
>fast forward 15 years
>haven't had a ND since then

Attached: 1525229780917.jpg (640x640, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/magazine-14897977
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I’ve never done it but
>be 14
>pheasant hunting with buddy
>see a small wood fence
>set shotguns along side it to climb over
>I hold mine while I climb-friend leans his on fence
>friends falls over
>blam.pdf
He cried lol

Attached: 5893EE7F-1373-4E66-9445-20B7FB5E8175.jpg (2000x2495, 521K)

ATF hired an ESL student I see

Namefag u disgust me

Attached: E012D18C-0183-4A42-AC53-6FAD6820E7C8.gif (500x279, 1.6M)

I'm actually right holy cow

Lurk about 44 more years

I had one last month with a 22lr in my house. I was decocking the hammer of my rifle and my finger slipped. The bullet went through the wall and hit a metal beam which stopped it. It makes me cringe to think about what could’ve happened. I since painted over the hole and replaced the door I shot through. Scary shit brahs don’t ever ND. I don’t even keep my gun loaded any more because of this.

Build a bullet trap if you're that concerned.

I've never had one because I'm not some retard who pulls the trigger on a gun he doesn't know the condition of.

Attached: rare plum pepe.gif (600x726, 1021K)

Why the fuck do you keep a 22lr loaded. Also letting the hammer slip cause your a weak fuck who has no muscle to hold back the hammer. Holding the hammer and not letting it slip, is the most crucial part of the decocking process and you fucked it up.

Had a guy have a ND with a blank on a 240 mounted to a HMMWV. The BN CSM and LTC were walking by, as well as the LTC for the OCs who were grading us (ex-eval.) He got raped, they almost discharged his ass but he ended up just losing rank. He thought it was "just like the mk-19/50 cal where you charge twice"

Had a new nco have an nd at the range on the 240 again, rode the bolt forward, got screamed at by a SFC. Cool dude but was retarded for that little moment.

>mixing booze and firearms
Wanna know how I know you’re retarded

Hunting sober? That's like, fishing

Get out

>Fishing sober

Not very interesting but my only ND

>Shooting .22lr bolt action
>Shitty old mag, thought it just stuck a bit but worked
>Would later realize it was rusted to hell on the inside
>Bolt has system where if the magazine isn't properly seated the pin won't stay cocked
>This happens, trying to seat the magazine with bolt open, apparently do it right
>Bolt sticks, push it harder than usual
>Pin goes down with it, basically slamfires the rifle
Barely a sound and just a little puff in the dirt but it gave me a jump. I've since cleaned up the mag, works fine now

Isn't the only way you could double charge a 240 is by physically pulling the trigger? I thought for sure the handle doesn't do anything once the bolt is locked to the rear. So you have to really be trying to ride the bolt home
>could be wrong, haven't touched a 240 since I got out 5 years ago

Leave. You're the reason MADD has drunk driving set to the hilariously low .08. If the law/society says you can't do two things together, more often than not they're two things that go hand in hand.

Please pretty please I need my pretty purple plum pepe

If the gun has a hammer, you're supposed to put a finger between the hammer and frame while decocking.

I dont have an nd. I do have an accidental in a sense
>be 20
> buddies 20 gauge single barrel breaker of unknown origin
>load shell.
>close action
>bang
Uuuuuuuuh
>everyone dead quiet at first then starts hollering about how i just 20gauged the only table we had.
>finger wasnt on trigger
>friend takes gun
>angerly loads round
>points downrange
>closes action
>bang
Ooooooooh
>loads and closes while holding hammer
>doesnt bang
>press hammer foreward without trigger
>bang

Get apologies.

and where was the hearing protection?

Wheres that gif of that guy who can't eat the spoon of cereal out of disgust? Jesus christ.

Yea but a plywood table shattering still makes people shit themselves

A guy in my company NDd a LAW rocket.

>My first deployment
>we are leaving in couple weeks
>the platoon that is relieving us arrives at our PB
>they had somehow never been trained on how a LAW works
>one of our squad leaders decides to give them quick class
>grabs what he thought was an empty casing from a pile of other spent casings
>"so once you've cleared the backblast you depress the launch leverBOOOOOOOOM"
>Sends warhead into the ground 15 feet in front of him
>warhead didn't travel the 20m minimum arming distance so no explosion
>embedded itself into ground only about 5 feet from the mortar pit's ASP
>EOD digs the warhead out and sympathetically detonates it on the next patrol

For some reason, someone had left a live extended rocket laying down in a pile of other extended spent casing. He still should have realized that is wasn't spent by the weight though. This guy wasn't even a retard either. He was a Phantom Fury vet and one of the saltiest guys in the company. Just goes to show this shit can happen to anyone if you aren't diligent.

pic related, A is where he was standing and B is where the warhead came to rest in the ground.

Attached: DSCF0546_2.jpg (1600x1200, 772K)

I totally understand why there are arming distances on that shit now.

>army deserves $15 an hour

Attached: 1519508821415.png (625x773, 111K)

Do you guys just take over mud castles and live in them?

Attached: 1506480240287.jpg (345x336, 214K)

where is all the pussy you guys pound? like what is the point?

Attached: lolcute.gif (320x384, 2.23M)

i think the only time ive ever fired a gun in my entire life without explicitly wanting too was when i was already pointing it down range, i was pretty young, my dad handed me a revolver with the hammer pulled back, i raised it with my finger rested on the trigger and was very surprised at how little force was needed to set it off, it went off before i raised it all the way but it still went downrange so whatever, i have since then never fired a round without it being pointed at a target

Thats what FOBs and FARPs generally are. Mudhuts taken from the locals.

Fuck you, pog

Yup. We inserted by Ospreys and took over compounds deep in the Taliban's opium fields to turn them into Patrol Bases

Lol no pussy to had there. I literally went 5 months without even laying eyes on a human female on that deployment.

Attached: DSC_100284.jpg (950x633, 379K)

>Lol no pussy to had there. I literally went 5 months without even laying eyes on a human female on that deployment.

Jesus Christ. Torture. What happened in your life to take you to that point of not seeing pussy for 5 months? Or are you a pillow biter?

Where was that

Please shut the fuck up. You wouldn't last one day in the shit.

Lots of smokers. How do servicemen feel about vaping?

>Where was that

>have my m8 lick-my-ass-ville

>Lots of smokers. How do servicemen feel about vaping?

You can't swallow.

Attached: lolcry.png (400x400, 15K)

I hope you're a fobbit who sucks off your M4 clone after watching restrepo and crying over your good conduct medal

Not a fag, this was during DADT

Upper Gereshk, the area between Sangin and Gereshk. It has some of the densest concentrations of opium fields in the world.

bbc.com/news/magazine-14897977

This was before vaping really took off in popularity so I'm not sure. About 90% of us used some form of tobacco though.

Attached: _55763161_helmand_divisions_464.gif.jpg (624x1132, 89K)

Thanks. I was in kunar. More weed, less poppys.

>at an indoor range/gun store
>asking the guy at the counter to see a PTR 9CT
>loud crack behind me, other side of some big double glass door with more big glass panes on each side, can see a lot from inside the store
>about 5 of the employees hop up with their hands on their carry guns watching the door
>step to the side and spin around to see some retard looking fudd with some kinda compact with the slide open and ejection port smoking a little bit who ND'ed either into the ground or down the street or something
I think I was there maybe 20 minutes, I boogied the fuck outta there after that
not sure why the retard was fucking with his gun outside of the store though

>be me
>be 21
>live in 2br apt with good friend
>he's out of town for a few days
>im coming off week long alcohol/drug binge
>dry firing my XD40
>rack a round for no real reason
>forget about it or something
>shoot hole through ceiling
>luckily it lodges in a rafter beam and doesnt penetrate to outside
>ears ring for a day or 2
>neighbors never ask anything about it though im sure they heard it
im such a fucking retard.

>Not a fag, this was during DADT

K. So why would you subject yourself to months without pussy if you're not a poo-snapper?

>I hope you're a fobbit who sucks off your M4 clone after watching restrepo and crying over your good conduct medal

What does any of that mean, you gubmint welfare queen?

>K. So why would you subject yourself to months without pussy if you're not a poo-snapper?

because I wanted to kill muslims.

Attached: DSCF0555_1.jpg (1600x1200, 694K)

Oh so you're an airsofting larper call of duty antidepressants didn't make it through meps fag. Got it.

>because I wanted to kill muslims.

Fucking good answer. Have to hand it to you. I'd buy you a beer and let you fuck me brother m8.

Attached: lolleo.jpg (470x470, 31K)

Did that guy get roasted by your command? We had a guy ND a 50 cal from the turret of an MRAP and he was NJPd even though the ND happened at the designated clearing area outside the FOB as they returned from a patrol. We all thought it was some bullshit.

>we

No actually. The highest ranking person at the PB was our 1st lieutenant and he wasn't about to punish his best squad leader after an entire deployment in which he otherwise performed amazingly. We were remote enough at the PB that no one from higher command found about it.

cheers buddy

>just like the mk-19/50 cal where you charge twice
Why is this?

Because of the magic of the top cover on belt fed weapons. There's some sort of thing going on in those I am always too drunk to understand, not having an engineering degree doesn't help either.

I do think you have to double rack a 240 though, I think it's like the .50 or MK19 where you if you push a the start of a belt one "click" into the top cover you have to double charge to get 'er lubed up and ready to fuck. Two "clicks" and you only have to rack it once. But all of that can be avoided by simply opening the top cover instead of trying to shove a 51mm bullet in a 51.1mm slot. In fact I'm almost certain you have to double rack any belt feed unless you lay the belt in the feed tray. The M2 is closed bolt and the MK19 is open bolt with the only real common thing being a belt feed

Also forgot to mention that double racking any open bolt belt feed is pretty fucking dumb since the only way to do that is by pulling the trigger. If youre not paying attention you can easily make a good day bad. Just fucking use the top cover, it looks cooler and is safer

NO STOP POSTING IS YOUR MAKING IT LESS RARE

Been there user. Double check your guns in the middle of the drug benders

This is why the navy shouldn't be trusted with fighting land wars.

Yoink...

Only ever had one. Was shooting on the family property with my dad, fortunately I was pointing down-range. Mid conversation, *POP*
>WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING
>Well now you know not to do that I guess
Only broke one of the four rules, so no one was hurt.

So let me get this straight user...you think drinking and driving "go hand in hand"?

Attached: 9842984984984.jpg (361x490, 62K)

What's with everyone mixing woodlands and desert? Doesn't the command typically set only one pattern to be worn for conformity sake? I didn't think they let you wear whatever you want.

lurk moar

"Now if you wanna, this 44 magnum, you can shoot it single acti-"BLAM
"Did you mean to do that?"
"Yep"

Attached: Capture+_2018-05-25-06-34-38.png (569x412, 174K)

When we left the states we were on a MEU(navy ship) and didn't think we would be heading for Afghanistan. We only packed one set of woodlands as a result. We got called into a very green area of Afghanistan and we each only had 1 set of woodlands with us. We wore the woodlands when we went out on patrol but the command let us wear the deserts when we were inside the wire at our patrol base so that we wouldn't wear out our only set of woodlands too quickly. The guys wearing woodlands probably went out on patrol at some point during the day.

Attached: 110404-M-SB982-057_1.jpg (1632x1088, 764K)

and get my finger squished? no thanks

bamp

AD, not ND

were you with 3/4 Marines?

Not only was that a ND but a reason we can't have nice things. Please don't reproduce.

Okay, I'll play. This happened last week.
>rummaging through my closet at my parents' house
>find cap gun from when I was a kid way at the back
>pull trigger
>BANG
>that cap had probably been in there for at least fourteen years
I've never had a real ND because I'm not a fucking moron.

You're ok, not a real gun anyways.

Send your guns back.

Dude do you teach classes at GTR in FL?

>Please pretty please I need my pretty purple plum pepe

It's impossible to tell the difference between well-crafted bait and a newfag at this point. The undeserved smugness of this post is very effective in getting (You)s. Bonus points for Jow Forums imagery.

no I was with 3/8. 3/4 were the ones that replaced us though.

No I'm in Arizona, why do you knwo someone in Florida who told a similar story? also wtf means GTR.

Well... as shitty as it is to admit yeah i have put a .308 into a concrete patio before by accident.

>Context is some asshole thought we hit his PoS car with our truck, and we hear he's a pvc pipebomber from Neighbors so fuck me running.
>Sits out on the front porch all night waiting for the probable revenge bullshit with my C308, forgot i charged it from before when flipping outta my mind.
>about 4:00am rolls around and i got worried about whether i had charged it or not, so i pick it up and i try to rack it.
>bolts stuck.
>wtf.
>i continue trying to load rounds in thinking I'm not letting the bolt fully work or whatever and the fool i am i never check the barrel that happens to have a cartridge sitting in it.
>i go full retard, remove the magazine, hk slap my charging handle.
>closes fine.
>pulls trigger down at ground to take apart my rifle to figure out what the fucks wrong with my shit.
>GODDAMMIT MAH EARS.
>front porch patio with wooden awning, excellent ambience for gunfire to give to tinnitus for 4 hours.

No one got hurt save me and my Dad's nerves, and my absolute scared shitlessness in the scenario has engrained proper rifle handling when it comes to CHECKING the FUCKING gun for loaded rounds.

Attached: 20170707_061014.jpg (1600x900, 196K)

vapers are fags. Either smoke, dip, or quit.

Heard a story by an 0311 who was in iraq that's similar
>little gook kid in platoon
>wants to kill the enemy very badly
>fucking with his rifle, doing drills and stuff
>fucking with the 240s
>fucking witht the AT4
>goes through all the steps prior to firing the AT4
>slams it muzzle down on the ground after he's done fucking with it, one hand on the back blast cone
>the inertia from slamming it down drops the firing pin, fires the AT4, destroys this guys hand and fucks up everyone in the tent

Holy shit what did command do this gook and what happen to him.

Why do you live near pipe bombers?

>about 5 of the employees hop up with their hands on their carry guns watching the door
kek, it's like an ancap meme
>be american
>accidentally shoot your gun
>get shot for accidentally violating the NAP

Because Memphis, or Memfrica in common vernacular.

Not a racist bone in me but the niggers around here will mug a little kid for bubblegum, a cell phone, and 2 bucks. Speaking of which that shit happened before, this town sucks and before anyone asks yes I'm trying to get out of here but yah know...

>reasons.

>Living sober