What is Jow Forums's opinion on airsoft

What do you think of those fags who shoot little plastic balls at each other.

Am I retarded for thinking it looks fun?

Attached: 1522552543613s.jpg (181x250, 7K)

The opinion is airsoft belongs on /arg/

Airshit has nothing to do with real weapons. Fuck off.

Naw its fun and its cheaper then paint ball. I play with my kid all the time. K will hate this but it dose have piratical training aspects to it as well, as far as learning fundamentals / shooting under pressure and use of concealment.

Anyone who denies that is a too kool for skool fag with to many tactikool opinions

Attached: 7C823950-59A5-411F-BE1C-F3E7D5294EAE.png (640x1136, 1.29M)

Let kids have their fun. Yes you are pretending to be an operator shooting each other but in the end it's a kids game. However if you are in your 20s and play airshit you might want to reconsider you life.

And while we're at it, it is Jow Forums's opinion (in fact it is Jow Forums's opinion) that a legitimate original post does not consist in its entirety of a one-line question.

I don't know anybody else's opinion, but my personal opinion is that if you're self aware and you know you're just fucking around, it's fine. If you take yourself seriously and act like airsoft makes you well versed in firearms or anything, fuck you.

Oh shit, it's been a while since I saw someone post an airshit thread, so I finally get to do this again
>>>/arg/

It looks like it could be fun and decent exercise if you had a nice place to play.

I don't think it contributes much of anything towards skill or tactics. Plus, you have to play with goobers.

Attached: 549402899.jpg (1024x683, 774K)

>What do you think of those fags who shoot little plastic balls at each other.
The AEGs seem stupid since they're just BB hoses, which is the same reason paintball always seemed lame to me. Everything else seems like it would be really fun to play with so long as the other people aren't massive tryhards.
>TFW I don't even know where to start for getting people together to play stock class paintball and the last local airsoft group disbanded a couple years back

>want to post archery, paintball and airsoft threads on /asp/ie

>it's all fake wrestling

what the fuck Jow Forums, /o/ isn't all Nascar.

>K
Git

shit get real tho. patch burning and wot not.

I play it every once in a while with friends but we dont take it too seriously. I dont have any problem with it as an idea.

Here's my opinion, now gtfo faggot.

Attached: Screenshot_20180525-124711.png (1080x1920, 56K)

Announcing a report is grounds for a ban
MODS!!!!

>stock class paintball
Has anyone here ever played this? Manual actions with mechanical triggers only and a maximum of 20 round horizontal hoppers that require tilting the gun to feed sounds really fun vs the paint hose play I've always seen associated with paintball.

Yelling for mods is ground for a ban

Which rule is that again?

The one where you shove your fingers up your ass and shut up. Benis tips if you like it

Hopefully I get this right.
>>>/rules/7

>>>/rule/7
Anyways, it's rule 7.

It's fun, moreso when drunk.
Just don't take it seriously or get involved with fags that do.

But I only called for the mods. I don't see it saying you cannot jokingly call for moderators, only that you cannot announce a report or sage and you can't abuse the report system.

every thread that isn't wrasslin gets shotposted in and report bombed, despite that fact that most of the threads about WWE are about waifus and husbandos

OP airsoft is pretty fun and a good excuse to wear all the dumb milsurp thats collecting dust in your closet, though going by yourself is probably the best way to have a bad time.

Airshit is a great way to train yourself on how to get killed really fast in a real situation. The whole purpose of the sport is rewarding players for doing stupid shit you would never, ever do on a real two-way range.

Yes, it's actually fun. The bullethoses made airsoft/paintball lame as fuck.

One more time.
>>>/global/rules/7

Oops, I thought that was in response to the other poster who announced their report.

>The whole purpose of the sport is rewarding players for doing stupid shit you would never

sure if you play cqb airsoft. outdoor airsoft punishes you for suiciding by making you walk a quarter mile back to the respawn.

>outdoor airsoft

Bruh. The best airsoft "sniper rifles" can hit a target somewhat accurately at what, max 100m? With most high end AEGs maxing out at around 50m?

Train how you fight. That's not how anyone (alive for long) fights.

That actually isn't too unrealistic depending on your terrain, and lets be honest there's nothing fun about shooting at your friends in wide open areas with little cover. It's completely possible to have things outdoors but still inside the practical range for airsoft guns. Also, most realism issues can be easily solved by playing with other people who care about realism (or simply having rules where you can't immediately jump back into the game after being shot).

Attached: average combat distance by terrain.jpg (803x571, 72K)

are you trying to imply that fights don't happen under 100m?

>That actually isn't too unrealistic depending on your terrain, and lets be honest there's nothing fun about shooting at your friends in wide open areas with little cover.

Might not be the worst for MOUT training, I guess.

>are you trying to imply that fights don't happen under 100m?

They do, but that's basically CQB by modern military standards. I'm not an expert but from everything I hear, if you're in Iraq or Syria plan for short range/house-to-house shit. If you're in the 'stan you'll rarely engage anything closer than 300m.

Someone has a retard in the family

>If you're in the 'stan you'll rarely engage anything closer than 300m.
Those cases can be done realistically though. Just have everyone firing aimlessly on the off chance they might hit something, then have a guy with a radio call to someone else to start a timer that starts at a random time between 15 and 45 minutes. If the enemy hasn't gotten board by the time that timer has gone down, then they are eliminated by the airstrike.

Seriously though, there's nothing fun or beneficial from a civilian point of view for simulating engagements at longer distances than you can realistically engage a target from with a rifle (which is why those long range happened in the first place). If you really want that, you can get together with other tryhards and use MILES gear.

>Those cases can be done realistically though. Just have everyone firing aimlessly on the off chance they might hit something, then have a guy with a radio call to someone else to start a timer that starts at a random time between 15 and 45 minutes. If the enemy hasn't gotten board by the time that timer has gone down, then they are eliminated by the airstrike.

>use MILES gear

YES.

Attached: 1526078876287.png (2560x1440, 896K)

yeah just buy miles gear for you and your friends. im sure its not something stupid like 50k a piece.

MILES is getting retired for DISE, right? Maybe we'll get some surplus. If not...

Attached: laser-tag.jpg (250x139, 7K)

Thicc

Its retarded, general topic boards get dominated by one thing.
I went to Jow Forums, hoping maybe I'd learn some shit about finances, stocks, etc. Nope, its all pink wojaks and EVERY SINGLE THREAD is about fucking crypto. They should just rename it /btc/ instead, and make an actual finance board.
/asp/, of course, is dominated entirely by fake wrestling.
Jow Forums isn't totally monopolized, but its pretty dominated by gamerfags building PCs, and intel vs amd bullshit.

Jow Forums is just "guise how do i get rich quick?" the board.

It's pretty fun. I do it from time to time

>this thread is still up
It's official, mods=fags and Jow Forums=shit.