AR THREAD AR GENERAL /ARG/ TRIPFAG CONTAINMENT LEAF EDITION

OLD

Attached: J8e4CCI[1].jpg (2867x1911, 834K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mbd97s23Q4k
worldoftroy.com/product/guu-5p/
slatestarcodex.com/2017/06/21/against-murderism/
tacswap.com/post/5b0741499cc8100024d3f695
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do newtrips get to make threads?

Kahles K16i or NX8 1-8 on an 11.5.

Y/N?

Attached: B4A7BD3F-A0A9-4C81-9579-3EF1876ABCEB.jpg (960x720, 223K)

plz no new trips

Yeah when they have decent ARs.

>I can't believe you're admitting all that
The notion that I'm some arrogant self righteous asshole is just projected insecurity from a bunch of jelly skellies and whales.
>slide going back
There is no way I'm sending shit back to Adams Arms for them to stick it up their ass to ferment for 8 months then return it with nothing changed. I guess I could have the sights peened, but I wanted them upgraded anyway so why pay some smith $20 to peen the shitty sights I don't like when I can just buy new irons for $50 and have them install it for $10.

I've been eyeing the CZ P10C Suppressor ready. Thinking about buying one then sending it off for an RMR or other red dot cut. In Europe CZ is doing a CZ P10C with built in optic cut like Glock MOS, but I called CZ and they made it clear that would not be hitting the states in 2018. The shame though is that I'm hearing mixed reliability and durability reports on the P10C.

I find it really important to get good purchase on the front of the slide for press checks and other manipulations.

Depends on POU. I went with a 16" for my DMR because I set out to be able to hit man sized at 900m tops.

Thanks. Nice digits.

No.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (3579x1278, 564K)

16i out of those two
But no

Yes

No

youtube.com/watch?v=mbd97s23Q4k

Less recoil than my AR SBR, 5.45 is softer shooting.

Attached: BrokebitchM4.jpg (4032x2268, 2.27M)

should i buy geiselle stuff

Attached: DSC_0784.jpg (4500x2992, 3.06M)

>Depends on POU

Mostly going to be use for hunting, and bench shooting, so really I'm looking for a good middle ground for portability and long range accuracy.

Looking at proof research carbon fiber barrels too, if that matters. Was torn between 18 or 20 inch.

I wouldn't the P10C. Either upgrade the sights or go for the other glock since you have glock mags.

Yes but tomorrow.

I'd get the P07 over the P10C if you're worried about durability. P07 is thicker and feels more robust

Yes.

Attached: facialabuse.png (836x547, 551K)

Only if you want to fund Bills pizza party's.

Attached: Bondage.jpg (4032x2268, 3.34M)

Why not just get a Canik TP9SF with the red dot

Attached: DSC_0077-660x440[1].jpg (660x440, 69K)

No
>turkshit
>any year

Attached: 1526833428401.jpg (425x282, 61K)

Alright boys memorial day weekend sales are up on the east coast. What do you got?

>Long range
This is pretty simple. How far out are you trying to make hits. Determine that distance. Pick a barrel that with most loadings will keep your bullet supersonic out to that distance. Bingo.
18" is likely more than enough for your use.

Yeah I think I'm just going to try to make this glock work. Put new sights in. Go from there. It is at about 800 rounds with no malfunctions save for shitty ETS mags with a Pearce extension, and running suppressed with the wrong recoil spring.

>P07
>Robust
This has to be a meme. Have you seen the cracked frames? Also the P09 and P07 triggers are dog shit. Legitimately worse than the striker P10C which is just a testament to what a half assed company CZ is.

First of all it is Turk shit, second of all it is way below my budget, thirdly removes the rear iron which I'm not down with. I like it on paper though I'll be honest and I was considering one at one point.

Attached: 20180225_125121.jpg (1281x831, 579K)

heheheh

>it is way below my budget

Attached: 1449105540053.png (201x226, 73K)

Why do I feel the urge to buy a carbine with a fixed carry handle?

Do, I just ordered one of these: worldoftroy.com/product/guu-5p/

Now I have to wait a month...

OC

Attached: GregariousEvilCaracal[1].webm (480x270, 518K)

Yeah, and I've seen cracked frames for every other handgun in existence too. The P10C is a noticeably slimmer gun, with a thinner magwell, taking the same magazines. If you're worried about the P07 being brittle, the P10C should be like glass in comparison. It's actually pretty much the same size all around as a G19 so yeah.

Won't argue the trigger though, seems like a preference thing. Most people I've heard have liked it

That movie was great.

I mean they are like $350 used...

I'm not actually that worried about frames cracking.
>Most people I've heard have liked it
>Most people so fucking stupid they don't realize how shitty it is to have a hammer fired gun with a mushy indistinct trigger with no wall nor crisp break to speak of.
Checks out.

Attached: 20180303_152231.jpg (1319x837, 882K)

Ain't buying shit. Mount and targets will be in today. Otherwise gtg

Man, we had two good Bill threads and then it go all psuedo intellectual and toxic again

Attached: BloqueUno.jpg (1000x400, 366K)

Nothing involving bill is good

>Bill
>good

Guess so. Why'd you even consider the P10C at that point? It's basically a worse P07.

I am still deciding on getting the dbal-a2 from a friend.

But, I just realized if I get a high-powered class 3 laser... if it breaks im SOL and DHS or some agency might confiscate it... so should I go for the dbal d2 instead?

Attached: maxresdefault[3].jpg (1920x1080, 55K)

No full power unless it's not for a clone then go vodka beam.

The Canadians had the right idea desu

>Worse
Trigger is better. Striker fired has advantages. Cheaper.

>psuedo intellectual
Here, read this.
slatestarcodex.com/2017/06/21/against-murderism/

Attached: 20180225_125131.jpg (1323x886, 598K)

can you rephrase that or clarify that... I cant into your english

Just buy vodka beam

I wish there were more videos of Perst 3... or should I just get Perst 4 and get a surefire that can into IR?

Go for the full power unit, unless it's not for a clone. Go T-I-G-E-R beam instead.

>$2,500 budget
Here are my two options
>buy an AUG and trick it out
>save up a little more and buy a barebones Scar 17S

Any extra money with the AUG will go towards glass or other accessories

>trigger is better
I guess it's more impressive when someone figures out a striker trigger rather than a hammer trigger.
>striker fired has its advantages
That seems more like a preference thing. DA/SA with decocker has always seemed superior.
>cheaper
They must've gotten damned cheap then because I remember them being more expensive.

Vatnik beam with Adidas stripes

Also I know neither of these are ARs but idk where else to ask and I don’t want to start another thread

>5.56 bullpup vs. .308 standard config
While you're at it why don't you ask us if you should get a 2019 Subaru BRZ or a 2019 Ford Ranger?
Whatever. Get the 17S.
Aug is meme shit. Bad trigger, meh ergos.

I liked DA/SA, but there is an argument to be made for every trigger pull being the same.

Attached: GlocksAndRocks.jpg (3784x2940, 3.7M)

Scar. Augs are for gay furfags and sissy soiboi twinks.

buy a quality m4gery and a good optic

This is the only thing you need to know about Perst 4

Attached: UNLIMITED POWER NS.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

Fair enough, but there's also an argument for double strike capability and the trigger always causing the hammer to drop.

get the 17. 308 is a blast to shoot but get ready for expensive ammo compared to 556 (assuming you wallet is tight after rifle purchase).

Get an FS2000

Nevermind, the warranty expires after 2 years or 1 year on any civvy model. Fuck it.... ill get the

Attached: 8205205_01_an_peq_15a_dbal_a2__640[1].jpg (640x480, 56K)

Both fair.
For me it came down to the P09 and P07 triggers being horrible, and the P10C trigger being like an upgraded glock trigger.

EATS LESS DUDE

Attached: 20180515_185720.jpg (2381x1351, 1.81M)

holy fuck.

308 isn't that bad to pay for, and I like to feed as much as possible.

Gotcha. In that case I'd just stay away from CZ entirely. Maybe get a VP9 or something.

I have strongly been considering a VP9 Tactical with threaded barrel, then sending it off or RMR cuts. Not a bad call. I sent an offer to a guy with a VP9 Tactical threaded barrel used in my area, but haven't heard back. New they are a bit steep to then go and send off.

Bottom line is that my PF940V2 build is working decently so far. The irons came lose. Going to fix that, then keep pushing it. Part of me wants to just get rid of it before more issues crop up, but between the Kydex holster I got for it ($125) and the 3 extended mags ($110), I'm already kinda sunk into it.

I actually agree.

For my 11.5" I'm seriously considering the Perst 4P and then an M600V

Attached: 20180515_164910.jpg (2585x1441, 2M)

Is barrel diameter the only real necessary info for choosing an adjustable gas block. As in, it won't matter if I run it on an AR15 or AR10 so long as the barrel diameter the same?

Yeah I like the price point

>dual 300vs won't become a reality

Attached: 874.jpg (240x193, 28K)

You needs nods first.

I mean for wgws, that setup was his idea

I just bring up the ammo because idk if most people getting into 308 shooting are ready to pony up 44 cpr (cheapest I found last time I got it).

Read the whole thing, that is some clever writing and an interesting series of thoughts big man, good find

I dunno, but I know that gas tubes are being sold as valid for either type, so I would expect so.

Yeah, I know the gas tube lengths are the same on the non-Armalite pattern AR10 setup, I was just unsure if the block itself mattered. I wouldn't think so, but I don't want to buy this SLR Sentry for my AR10 and not be able to use it.

Shitty steel case is 30cpr for blasting steel or sub 400m.

PPU M80 is around 55cpr?

Budget match stuff is between 70-95cpr, but you don't blast that stuff anyway.

I might do it yet. Just Perst4P and M600V to start, but if I get super into it and start doing drills requiring fast transitions between IR illum and vis illum, I'm going to slap another light on there for the triple tube setup.

Glad you liked it man.

>Barrel diameter
More specifically you're looking for gas block journal diameter. This is all that matters. I put a Superlative Arms Adjustable gas block on my AR10. Just had to make sure it matched the gas block journal diameter of my barrel.

Attached: 20180220_214409.jpg (1537x892, 555K)

>gas block journal
Right. That's what I meant. So I should be good with the SLR Sentry then. Thanks buddy.

ARG has went to sleep... dont make any noise!

Attached: DevGru-Delta-Ranger-Night-Vision1-e1431898039106[1].jpg (640x335, 103K)

shhh

Attached: GPNVG18_20[1].jpg (1024x681, 413K)

I'm still up though

Attached: IMG_Dallas_20180525_032927_processed.jpg (1080x872, 246K)

i love that AR

Stop.

You gun needs work dude.

Attached: 20180515_164901.jpg (2481x1283, 1.85M)

what do you think of this?

tacswap.com/post/5b0741499cc8100024d3f695

Do PSA deals on the main page scroll from the top or to the bottom of the page before they are over?

A2 cleared this already
If you don't buy it I will

It functions adequately. What I need is plates, an IFAK, and more training.

Precision Armament M4-72 a worthwhile MD in .308? Or would I be better off just getting a plain flash hider?

he was pretty vague, I dont know if I should get it.

Ty my dude. You new trips keep the thread interesting.

Attached: IMG_Gothic_20180524_141916_processed.jpg (810x1080, 192K)

Blem isn't bad. You need to ask A2Grip about the dual AA battery housing, but as far as I can remember dual AA housings are good to go. Price is fair. I would offer $1500 then go up to like $1600
The image looks pretty crisp though which is a sign of low hours.

Idk about the dbal though.

Yeah I mean you need that stuff too, but your gun needs work. I'm surprised with all the "shooting" you claim to do that you haven't realized what a PITA the FSB is.
Also you that patch needs to go.
I just ordered some new gear to make my stuff work with the DMR.

Attached: 20180303_153509.jpg (1223x886, 789K)

You're just as new as he is and he's kicking your butt.

Attached: twins copy.jpg (2160x1440, 3.42M)

Hey komrades, eurobro reporting in, I want to SPR my Colt and would like some scope and grip suggestions. I like the way the A2 grip looks but the little ridge thing bothers me so I'd like to replace it. I'll be buying a new upper so that I can mount the optic and I'm getting rid of the fsp and putting on a rail (it's an MI rail but fuck you it's the best I can do) for the bipod (suggestions for that welcome too, I'm currently looking to get the new fagpul one when it drops so something in that price range). Scope price range is around 900 buckaroos and I'd prefer a ffp.
The muzzle brake i have now is pretty good but if yall have any suggestions I'm all ears. Unfortunately cans are illegal here, and even though I could technically buy one from out of the country, I couldn't use it so it doesn't matter.

Attached: sketch-1527233474598.png (1920x880, 2.24M)

My shooting buddies make fun of me for wearing plates when we shoot out on land where there's no lanes, defined downrange or any other safety other than our own discipline and attention to detail
One decided it was okay to just shoot at rocks with a 45, one NDd unholstering
They still say I'm a queer wannabe
Such is life not owning property and having to mooch off dopes

The FSB isn't a pain in the ass. It's a good indexing tool when getting on target, past that it disappears when you're focusing on your target.

Attached: IMG_20180314_085847_processed.jpg (1080x1440, 193K)

>He's using lower 1/3
whew lad

Attached: 20180515_185733.jpg (2435x1357, 1.92M)

I have a d2, and honestly it's illuminator is comparable to my friends mawl c1, but it's $1500 less.

Although it is honestly too much illumination at close range and indoors, and steiner doesn't make a diffuser for it to my knowledge.

We get it, you have a short neck. Not everyone else does, optic height is preference, you are way too autistic about HOB

That sounds rough. My last 2gun we were made to carry every bit of kit we brought. The guy who ran it told me I always do it anyway, so it evened things up for me.

>Front sight base is a pain in the ass
>Useing the optic height that minimizes it's intrusion into the sight picture, but still allows utilization
I dunno what you're trying to say at this point

Attached: IMG_20170921_165035_processed.jpg (888x1152, 231K)

If it concerns mount height you should pretty much just ignore him.

You're like the little sister of the group apologizing in the wake of your big brothers retardedness and your dad's grumpy brand of aspergers

It's hard being the only marginally normal member of the CO crew, trust me.

Attached: 15208080318467.png (657x527, 46K)

>Optic height is preference
>Not understanding how height over bore affects hold overs and zeros
Okay.

I'm saying you should go absolute cowitness with no fixed front sight.
Minimal height over bore. Least occluded field of view.

>T. the dude who is cool with a red dot 5" above bore

>Marginally normal
Surely you're not talking about BMI?

Attached: 20180225_125304.jpg (1235x889, 527K)

as stated previously you are way to autistic about HoB.

If you were really interested in a clear field of view you would realize there is a balance to be had between HoB and FoV. A higher optic allows a more erect shooting posture, which in addition to allowing increased situational awareness and easier usage with night vision, also allows less of your FoV is occupied by your gun. You are going to be learning how to utilize a parallel zero once you get your laser, so you would presumably be just as capable of remembering how your HoB affects your PoI.

>Not training to account for HOB
Come on dude. It's pretty easy once you know how.
>you should go absolute cowitness with no fixed front sight.
I like being heads up on the gun, not bore down on it. Same reason I run the optic forward as possible.

Attached: IMG_Tokyo_20180512_085549_processed.jpg (1080x898, 262K)

Pls respond

Attached: sketch-1523975031378.png (1080x1440, 1.83M)

magpul grips are pretty cheap. Also, plenty of ffp scope at that price range.

I was thinking fagpul grip since I have their stock and would like to color match. And I'm aware there's plenty of ffp optics but I'm looking for suggestions and opinions regardless

do i need a new gas tube to switch from a railed gas block to a low profile one?
i have an apf 16 inch carbine if that makes a difference

thanks in advance for the help

>My shooting buddies make fun of me for wearing plates when we shoot out on land where there's no lanes, defined downrange or any other safety other than our own discipline and attention to detail
fag

Attached: pocahontas the CO crew imouto mountain twink.jpg (980x324, 50K)

Also what magnification should I be looking at?