So i have a question for the new york Jow Forumsommandos. Im going to fishkill/wallkill...

So i have a question for the new york Jow Forumsommandos. Im going to fishkill/wallkill, would my benchmade 940 get me into trouble as a super scary gravity knife?

Attached: 1EF06681-3901-4735-9E9F-A7F12FA6ECC2.jpg (3374x3022, 2.17M)

Bump

Do you have a fishing or hunting license?

I have an iowa fishing license

Are you a resident of NY and able to get an NY hunting/fishing license?

If not, don't even think about it, and don't carry it in NYC

Well since i dont dont meet those qualifications would my opinel no.10 or case trapper be okay? I dont ever leave the house without a knife for utility reasons

Also im purposely not going to jew york shitty.

Yeah, anything fudd tier will be okay

The general New York rule of thumb for weapons laws is: don’t try it in the city, but north of Westchester precisely nobody gives a shit.

Its amazing how much the attitude changes. Im from iowa and going out there to visit friends, here in iowa literally nobody gives a shit if you have a knife

Attached: BA8A3B5E-3D46-4A91-9379-02503779A102.jpg (1536x2048, 599K)

SC here. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t carry at least a pocket folding knife.

Fellow NY user here. This guys is right from a legal point-of-view, which is basically non-fixed blades and blades above an arbitrary "why do you need that?!" size without a hunting/fishing license are illegal.

That said... for the first few years I lived here I had a spring-assisted folder in my pocket with no issue. Never got stopped, questioned, or anything, and I live in Orange County. I switched over to a fixed blade out of paranoia since then but you get the idea - is it really illegal if no one knows or cares to enforce it?

Local PD won't care unless they are having a really shitty day. Sheriff same. Troopers maybe.

If you're close to the city area, don't risk it, LEOs will argue that any locking knife is a gravity knife. They'll hold it from the blade and swing it out and call it a gravity knife

>Using Jow Forums as a search engine
>Trying to bump after 2 minutes
>Not knowing that OP can't bump their own thread without an user posting or a timer expiring
Dumb phoneposter.

According to the letter of the law you ought to be fine outside of NYC and similar places if there are any, this boils down to whether or not you're worried about a cop abusing the subjective nature of the wording of the law to be a faggot and if so then you can get yourself something cheap and basic that you won't care about losing.

Attached: Kershaw skylines.jpg (1024x768, 128K)

Say hi to Sven for me!

Upstate NYfag here, no one gives a shit what knife you're carrying as long as you aren't downstate (city)
I have never heard of this shit about hunting or fishing license authorizing certain knives, sounds like NYC bullshit or just pure bullshit

I live in Orange County, nobody cares and most guys carry a knife of some sort. Just keep it concealed to avoid any unnecessary drama.

Gravity knifes are explicitly illegal under NY law, so godspeed if you run into a retard cop, particularly State Troopers and most NYPD. Stay out of New York City.

You can have certain knives if you have a fishing/hunting license and are actively engaged in that activity. It doesn't mean you can legally possess them anywhere, any time.

what types of knives can you only have when hunting or fishing.

>Im going to fishkill
Fishkill user here. Local cops don't give a shit about that kind of stuff but we have a ton of state troopers around here and they'll give you a hard time.
The real question though: Why the fuck are you coming to Fishkill?

Ive got a buddy who is a knife maker that im visiting and then im going to go hiking in the awosting falls area

Attached: 898E1A83-9F92-4495-AF11-A67B192B3610.jpg (4032x3024, 1.4M)

>Ive got a buddy
lol no you don't

A butt buddy

No stupid. The 940 is not a gravity knife.

Well i know that but new york cops are purposely ignorant of what a gravity knife is

That's pretty cool. No idea where that is but I see it's in New Paltz and I rarely go across the river. If you're into hiking you should check out Breakneck Ridge, it's my favorite spot in the immediate area.

That's a piece of shit Walmart knife.