Explaining why gun ownership is low in Europe

Explaining why gun ownership is low in Europe

>About 60-70% of average wage is spent on obtaining a license
>Firearms are on average 50% more expensive sometimes even 100%
>Gun licenses are time consuming

A lot of people who wish to own firearms are turned off by massive initial cost of the hobby. Before they even begin to enjoy firearms they are discouraged by the effort and cost involved in obtaining them.

Attached: clay2.jpg (630x400, 249K)

Can confirm. In the UK, anything other than a .22 bolt action or a shotgun is eye-wateringly expensive.

Attached: 1525294979134.jpg (1600x1066, 742K)

How much does it cost in general to obtain a licence?

in most countries, $300-1000 per year (often that is actually club membership). Then it's around 30-80 for permits if your country requires them

We need a Jow Forums philanthropist to make a fund to sponsor people getting firearms licenses. Like an anti-Soros.

I‘m in the middle of getting a german WBK as a sport shooter, i guess my investment until i am allowed to own a firearm will be one year of my time and about 2000€ in fees, courses, club membership and getting a fucking 500 pound safe.

in france :
200€ average for a 1 year membership for the federal liscence ( require for B category weapons )
45€ for hunting permit ( valid for life, no renewal necessary )

there is also the ball trap federal liscence but i don't know the price since i was never interrested in it, the weapons themselves are costy mostly because of shipping into our country but also becasue of the 20% tax on them ( and other general products like TVs, radios, food, clothes ... ), the CIP also raise the cost of the weapon itself but you can't bypass that

Up to 1000 per year, wow that's pretty absurd just to renew

I fucking hate my country. You're forced to join the army and train with a rifle because the government demands it and this same government is making it harder and harder and more expensive to obtain guns in civilian life. We have no rights, conscription is serfdom and all the Finnfags here overhype it to shit since it's the only time they've handled firearms.

Well, that was the whole point of creating all that licensing bullshit in the first place during the 90's in most nations : reducing the number of gun owners and legal guns in circulation by making it long/annoying/expensive to own guns, thus deterring the majority of people.

It was the first step toward the complete ban on private ownership of firearms, planned for 2025.
It is vital to do that, in order to destroy a country's gun culture, making sure that the new generations won't know anything about guns except what they hear in the media and be completely adverse to them, and the fewer gun owners they are, the less relevant they are politically/the less they can put up a fight for their rights.

The second step is to create new gun laws every few years, increasing the requirements/amount of bullshit one has to go through, banning some types of guns, having a magazine capacity limit, making it easier for the authorities to confiscate everything without any due process or compensation... to deter current gun owners from continuing to own their guns.
The latest law is the EU gun law of 2017/2018, but it won't be the last. From now on, there will be a new law every 2 years, until 2025.

And the last step, since there will be very few gun owners left, will be a complete ban, they'll say "oh well, gun owners are a tiny minority anyway so there is no reason why their right to own a killing machine should trump other people's right to live in peace, might as well ban everything". Of course, hunting, which is demonized ever more by the greens/vegans and various left wing anti-hunters/guns types, is also on the verge of being slowly banned, and will be completely banned by the time guns will, that way there won't be a single justification for people to own guns anymore.

Shooting ranges might still exist, but it's going to be for airguns only, if that's even still allowed by then.

Mark my words, screecap this post.

What about a regular bolt action in 308, are there no animals in the area that the 308 can be used with

what tells you 2025?

sometimes the fee pays for 3 or 5 years

forgot to add, I reckon it'll be around 2040-2050, if the EU is still around then

This is what our government does to us. You Americans don't even realize how good you have it. Never let it get to this point.

Attached: Ei vittu ei helvetti.png (1877x804, 54K)

Fellow Finnfag with about 20 funs here. I know that the legislative draft for new firearm legislation is fucking depressing to read, but do not give up. Have you already taken part in email campaign towards Eduskunta?

Also I do not agree conscription being serfdom - modern day serfdom is what we may experience first hand, if we do not maintain defensive capability that the eastern neighbor cannot ignore.

Damn - that is really outrageously expensive. Here in Funland annual membership of reservist club (which is also registered as a shooting club) is about 40 euros. Civilian shooting clubs tend to be about the same or bit more expensive. Firearm acquisition permit is 86 euros and 40 euros for any additional firearms of the same type for which the permit is acquired at the same time. The part about funs being more expensive than in US is correct though - often 1.5 - 2 times as much as in Murica.

not really any more expensive than in us

>>About 60-70% of average wage is spent on obtaining a license
??????????????????????????????????????????
can pleas

Welcome to the disarming of Europe at the hands of Merkel's EU Reich.

please explain*
it's a stupid statement. i will defer, despite your stupidity and vagueness, that you mean a monthly wage.
But it's not a monthly expenditure, is it?
how retarded can you be.

Hunting license in Germany is between 1400€ and 2400€ for the course (which takes roughly 20 days of 10h sessions), plus 600€ for a low-end gun safe you're legally required to have. Couple of bucks for insurance and a 1-year-permit you need to renew to actually hunt for between 50€ and 100€. Guns are moderately priced as long as they're not imported from the US which often adds another 200-300€ on top. Savage Axis II costs 500-700€ here.

So it is not cheap, but still within the means of most people.

It made more sense to talk about % of what the average monthly salary is considering that poorer European countries have lower wages and cheaper licenses.

If the average monthly wage is 1000$ the cost of a license will be around 600$. In my country it costs around that much and that is our average wage.

Obviously for some Americans who earn 4k per month 600$ is peanuts but for me it's almost a months work

Poland
Sport permit : half a year in shooting club (fees are not so high, like 150€/y), license exam, medical examination next 100€. Mandatory gun safe 200-300€. Guns depends how much you are willing to spend.

>So it is not cheap, but still within the means of most people.

Ofcourse you can afford it but spending so much money makes you hesitate.

I would need to spend nearly 1300$ to own a bolt action .22. And while i have more money than that it breaks my heart to spend so much

And what is the average monthy wage in Poland? The license costs more than some Poles earn in a month.

Avg 1000€
Median 600€

What the fuck takes 200h to teach about hunting?

What are you on about?

0€ a month for "license" and we have 250€ norinco AKs

All different Kind of Animals, Diseases, Work in your Hunting Area, Woodcraft, Disecting the Animal, Shooting all different Kind of Guns, etc...

I know this is an ignorant question, but is there any movement of Eurofags moving to 'Murcia solely because of gun laws? I've grown up in a very pro-gun state (highest ownership rate in the nation, iirc), so I feel very spoiled, but I wish I could help others out.

Hunters in Germany are essentially a form of deputy park rangers. You learn wildlife biology, flora + fauna, nature preservation, law (for example how to deal with poachers, where you can and cannot shoot), weapon handling/theory, dog handling and training etc.
It's not just poking about in the forest with your favorite durr rifle.

Nah America used to be attractive to Europeans in the 90's but moving in is too dangerous now guns or not.

No European wants to move to even more "diverse" country. We have more than enough brown people here already

Interesting, so I assume they actually go into the woods and whatnot during the course that would be painful in a classroom.

It sounds like the type of thing I would gladly do voluntarily if made available (and I didn't spend years learning in the field already), but I wouldn't want that to be mandatory here.

>Also I do not agree conscription being serfdom
You're right it's not. "Slavery" is a far more accurate description.