I'm pretty sure this is the best place to ask this

I'm pretty sure this is the best place to ask this.
But I'm really interested in gun safety and when it really started to become like a thing you know.
I've seen old movies and no showing no trigger discipline and that usually isn't a clear representation of how things really are.

Pic related made me really question it though.
WW2 was maybe the greatest war that men and women fought in and the world had already a war behind them.
I can see trigger discipline not being a thing because the men and women were dodging shells and gas attacks etc so who cares if you have your finger on the trigger because you're about to get gassed but did it become a thing in ww2 you know for whatever reason?

tl;dr When did trigger discipline become a thing and was it WW2?

Attached: kj222fkj6.jpg (376x452, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mu51rszgotI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cooper

Attached: jeff-cooper-2.jpg (661x496, 34K)

It always was a thing. It's just very loudly promoted now because of lack of manual safeties.

I believe it first started off as a way to index your hand into proper position on the 1911. And then as most things do, it carried over into law enforcement and then civilians.

>tl;dr When did trigger discipline become a thing and was it WW2?

iirc, trigger discipline was taught in the US military after Vietnam.

It's pretty much always been a thing, but nothing is springing to my mind before WWII.

when reading Otto Carius's memoir Tigers in the Mud, a careless German tanker sprayed and killed an accompanying infrantryman with the coaxial MG34 before an operation. He would've been strung up for not following proper procedure (no live ammo, gun pointed as high as it can be) resulting in death, but they were literally seconds from rolling out in an offensive, so the sentencing had to be postponed.

And here's a kinda inaccurate account from The Pacific where an enlisted man is completely in the right to berate an officer for his lack of muzzle discipline
>youtube.com/watch?v=Mu51rszgotI
Inaccurate because the Asiatic sergeant throws coral at the Lt to catch him off guard, and then run up to take control of his weapon.

Attached: 1446896606037.jpg (600x426, 75K)

td is a basedboy meme

It was common practice to have your finger inside the trigger guard, you just wouldn't point at anything you didn't wanna shoot and you just wouldn't pull the trigger.

Attached: garand.jpg (835x469, 114K)

>British tank towing a German AA

why

It's funny, you can actually see which actors have handled a gun in real life by their TD.

>men and women
>men and women
Well hidden bait mate.

"As you know, you go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time" -Donald Rumsfeld

It wasn't totally out of the ordinary to see commandeered insurgent weapons being used by coalition or pmc during the war on terror

>men and women

Attached: 1467056136438.png (558x744, 428K)

Because it's a video game not a documentary

>It wasn't totally out of the ordinary to see commandeered insurgent weapons being used by coalition or pmc during the war on terror
>t. Elmer

Grand theft Flugabwehrkanone

It's been around a for a long, long time. People were simply more laid-back and confident about it back in the day. The way it used to be was if you knew a gun was unloaded or uncocked, it didn't matter. Plus, people were not taught gun safety as part of big communities back then, they were self-taught or grew up with it. Thus, they simply didn't have it ingrained into them like people do today.

i think the 4 safety rule of firearm was invented by some David dude around the 1960s

Attached: 33719269_609944666038712_4199517209829048320_o.jpg (700x1245, 139K)

>and women

Attached: roza_shanina_1.jpg (1079x1600, 171K)

>There were a few Russian snipers used in desperation/for propaganda so I guess there were disabled women in the British army
I think you would like Reddit more friendo

Male or female, all commies get the bullet.

Attached: soviets_send_females_vs_finnish.jpg (800x490, 50K)

It's time to stop.

The russians were the only ones who did this and it was mostly a propaganda thing.

Based Finns.

>jeff cooper
>david

Fucking Jow Forumsindergartner. Women on the front lines was not and still isn't prolific. There might have been instances of women fighting in armed conflicts in the modern era but it's nothing like what these fucking game "devs" want to promote.

you're right, being safe is absolutely based.

ever heard of a nurse?

You sound like a fag. Do you own a clearing bucket too? Maybe spend 3 hours cleaning one gun cause you have to follow the 4 rules to the letter cause this clearly unloaded gun may fire cause they are magic?
People who are this concerned about safety are a detriment to gun rights, because it makes the gun grabbers think guns are able to just go off, be dangerous at all times.

Read "the unwomanly face of war" by svetlana alexeivich, she interviews every Soviet female soldier she can, most of them never even got photographed and were simply part of the unit. Very few got special treatment, mainly due to Soviet women not having a gibmedat kind of attitude like modern Western women have. They were brought up to work for what they have and that they're worth nothing but the sum of their actions

>dodging shell and gas attacks

the only place a female should be on the battlefield is a nurse, or tied to a pole as the penile relief station.

if you're going to be pedantic like that, nobody "dodged" anything

Holy shit, guy on the right looks exactly like the Doc from TF2

come again?

From what I understand, "safety" just meant safety off, finger off the trigger when you were on a patrol or whatever. Especially the Russians

>Actually thinks women that went "through a war" would say they had it easy.

Attached: 1502028948312.jpg (370x327, 30K)

>WW2 was maybe the greatest war that men and women fought in
>men and women
Commie propaganda doesn't count and they were too busy getting raped by their own comrades to fight. They were literally brought around like we did with war bond tours except you actually had to fight before you went on a war bond tour.

>men and (((women))))

The salt must flow

Attached: B963F311-3838-472A-9957-EFDB2B3DE827.png (1378x1069, 857K)

>"Id dad a girl?"
>>"I dubbo"
>"Leds check"

:DDDD

In their defence, vehicle theft in Battefield games is pretty much a staple

>getting triggered by shit bait
Jow Forums has really slipped

>But I'm really interested in gun safety and when it really started to become like a thing you know.
You must be the most boring person on the planet. How can you even be INTERESTED much less "REALLY INTERESTED" in something like gun safety?

Gender equality.

How many men get their dicks exposed and photographed postmortem?

wtf, this is the last post that had anything to do with the thread. I don't give a fuck if you're an impotent manchild, but can't you keep it on topic? Women aren't ebil cuz you can't get laid, neither should regs be catered towards them.

Fucking Christ, this thread is about the history of firearms safety procedure, I'm so sick of how devolved this board has gotten.

whenever a US soldier gets killed in an IED attack, EOD technicians and Air Force guys look over the corpse to identify what kind of IED it was and what wounds to expect.
It is done with the body in the nude, and pictures are almost certainly taken

Older guns tended to have heavy triggers or some kind of safety. People also didn’t handle their sidearms frequently in battle if they even had them. With a rifle it probably wouldn’t be chambered or would be on safe.

>shoot it like you stole it

Field hospitals don’t tend to be at the front.

If other people are around you should observe all rules of gun safety. Redundancy is there to make up for human fallibility. If you shoot for long enough under varying circumstances, you will lose focus at some point and fuck up at least one of the rules. This could include something like slipping and muzzle-sweeping someone (example of this in nutnfancy video) or suddenly forgetting you're holding a gun after a piece of hot brass lands in your shirt.

If the only person you're at risk of harming is yourself, feel free to be as unsafe as you want. While keeping a bucket full of sand in your house is retarded, you should at least have a safe direction to point in. That is the bare minimum to avoid hurting someone else.

Funny I don't see a goofy robotic arm anywhere in this picture

> I'm so sick of how devolved this board has gotten
>Can't even reply to a post right

booby

Attached: 1489423626537.png (420x420, 68K)

when autism no longer became a reason to drown children

This

Attached: IMG_8077.png (1058x503, 289K)

The guy on the right is John Garand

Also those are some nice tits for an underfed soviet

>WW2 was maybe the greatest war that men and women fought in
>women

Attached: 1492271812068.gif (200x150, 1.39M)

>Jow Forums dindu nuffin
>iPhone filename
lol

Attached: Untitled123789.png (724x1006, 330K)

Top kek