For what purpose did Muhajadiins use these huge ass telescopes?

For what purpose did Muhajadiins use these huge ass telescopes?
Rangefinding?

Attached: 16184039.jpg (1353x938, 337K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pjmedia.com/blog/the-problem-of-inbreeding-in-islam/
instagram.com/raulivirtanen/
coolvision.fi/gallery/somalia1.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetica
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_the_Great_in_the_Quran
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Baghdad_(1258)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

delete this

i-is that a plastic bag to carry ammo?

Walmart sells ammo

Attached: 1385671945569.png (600x600, 98K)

you probably don't get many compliments on your intellect

Based mujahideen know the truth about ammo boxes, a creation of the (((military-industrial-sporting-goods complex))) to take your money and leave you holding a box that isn't even particularly suited to ammo.

stargazing obviously, it was the famous arab scholar nasir al din who proposed the heliocentric orbit theory later made famous by nicholas copernicus

Attached: nasir al din.jpg (594x550, 87K)

>two type 56 chest rigs
Top kek

Maybe Im retarded for not realizing but after looking into Afghan war I really want to know

remember the thread where user was trying to justify his ammo storage in literal trashbags?

>telescopes
Recoil-less rifle.

Man where did they go wrong, I mean you can't tell me they weren't advanced at one point

Religion fucks up a lot of good things
>inb4 tippage

Well most Afghans aren't really Arab so...

It's a recoilless rifle, not a telescope.
mind blown?

Attached: index.jpg (271x186, 12K)

that is the single worst photo I've ever seen on Jow Forums. Congratulations, you've ruined my day.

Advancements in algebra, early chemistry (alchemy), and astronomy were made during the Islamic Golden Age, so you can't really place all the blame on religion. The decline of Islamic culture is a bit more complicated, but there is a correlation with their decline and that of the Silk Road. Money and commerce is great for culture and science. Also, one could argue that the Ottoman system was detrimental to Arab culture, which previously had been quite cosmopolitan in major cities such as Baghdad. So basically, dwindling trade and a Turkish bureaucracy we're more at fault for the decline of Arab culture more than anything, and the rise of fundamentalism can be seen as a symptom of that decline.

>turks are the jews of the arab world

Attached: turkish embasy.jpg (500x370, 29K)

Delete all copies of this image

Afghanistan is one of the best countries on earth for skygazing. those guys are just on a little astronomy field trip.

lookin' at things, you know. Don't think it does anything mmhmm

Ancient civilizations rose and fell regularly. The Mesopotamian, Roman, Chinese, Arabs all achieved spectacular advances then eventually collapsed. Industrialization broke the cycle and only took off because of unique context in Britain; access to water, access to abundant coal, the right social and economic conditions, etc. Although the inevitable historical pattern may in fact still be ongoing in Britain...

Attached: 1384934048144.jpg (851x630, 146K)

>reformat your hard drive please

I'm pretty sure he was just shit posting hard. No way anyone would have been that autistic.

What's wrong with that? I usually put long term storage stuff in trash bags. I wrap the bag around it so it has a better chance of keeping water or anything off it just in case it somehow gets wet.

i will find you and i will make you eat your harddrive

This from an economic understanding of the history of Islam and inbreeding being ok'd by Muhammad.

pjmedia.com/blog/the-problem-of-inbreeding-in-islam/

>Massive inbreeding among Muslims has been going on since their prophet allowed first-cousin marriages more than 50 generations (1,400 years) ago. For many Muslims, therefore, intermarriage is regarded as being part of their religion. In many Muslim communities, it is a source of social status to marry one's daughter or son to his or her cousin. Intermarriage also ensures that wealth is kept within the family. Islam’s strict authoritarianism plays a large role as well: keeping daughters and sons close gives families more power to control and decide their choices and lifestyles.

>And then there are the findings on intelligence. Research shows that if one’s parents are cousins, intelligence goes down 10-16 IQ points. The risk of having an IQ lower than 70 (criterion for being "retarded") increases 400 percent among children from cousin marriages. An academic paper published in the Indian National Science Academy found that “the onset of various social profiles like visual fixation, social smile, sound seizures, oral expression and hand-grasping are significantly delayed among the new-born inbred babies." Another study found that Indian Muslim school boys whose parents were first cousins tested significantly lower than boys whose parents were unrelated in a non-verbal test on intelligence.

Tl;dr:

Islam.

Less tl;dr:

They had a slew of good Islamic leaders back in the good ol'days. The Turks were the ones who began fucking things up with their more "conservative" brand of Islam AND them deciding to piss off everyone West of Turkey not once, but multiple times.

Then as the other user pointed out, their gravy train via the Silk Road stopped chugging. They got into military conflict with the West, parts of Africa (via the slave trade) and their cohesion as a unified empire ran out and caused infighting that lasted in large amounts from ~1500 to today. Combine that with inbreeding and lack of money and you get Aloha Snackbar.

Then I'll shove it back up his ass when he tries to shit it out

>Islamic Golden Age
You mean Persians preserving Greek knowledge? Alchemy didn't start with Arabs, it started in Egypt with (((merchants))) trying to rip off customers by selling them fake gold.

Most Islamic scientists were in fact Persians that only converted to be left alone by pesky Arabs.

in a sense alchemy started in grorious supreme china, while best scientists tried to make eternal life for emperor

Implessive. It makes sense early great civilizations would tinker with chemistry and the nature of stuff at some point.

europe>make gold and stuff
asia>make life and mana potions

europe>NAPALM
asia>EXPLOSION

with their powers combined, Jow Forums is what it is today, without both the asians and europeans, Jow Forums would be sitting around talking about which stick is pointier

Plastic bag is from Finnish grocery store. Journalist had bit hasty assignment to Afghanistan in 80's, like plane flies in 45 minutes hasty, not enough time to pack stuff properly so he basically had deal with stuff he had at hand when expecting to do to domestic journalism that day. Camera bag, small backpack containing shit journalists need for a day and couple plastic bags for stuff he bought on way to airport.

Guy pretty much every conflict since Vietnam, but now does mostly travel documentaries, I guess conflict reporting isn't as fun as it used to be when you are 70. He has pretty interesting instagram account, but you have to scroll through plenty of mundane travel pictures and golfing to find old stuff from years ago.

instagram.com/raulivirtanen/
Picture gallery on his company web site has interesting gallery, but quite 90's/early 2000's site and postage stamp sized pictures.
coolvision.fi/gallery/somalia1.htm

Attached: child soldier KNLA myanmar 1991.jpg (1080x1350, 230K)

Attached: haiti 1994.jpg (1080x1080, 149K)

Attached: sandinistas 1979.jpg (1080x1080, 157K)

The origins of alchemy are ancient and murky. No one can say for sure where the practice began, but the word "alchemy" is Arabic.

The Jews are the Jews of the Arab world. Also the Turks. And the Persians.
t. has a large Arab extended family

They weren't nearly made of as much of the much stupider Arabian peninsula stock back then, but more euro asiatic.
Also inbreeding.

Much of the Islamic golden age simply comes from their conquest of the ottoman empire and knowledge taken from the Greeks who settled there later. Also again, the Arabian peninsula dudes hadn't colonized as much with their dramatically lower iq dicks yet. The Levant region was, and to a lesser extent still is, populated by a more Mediterranean ethnicity than it is now (think of a Lebanese person or Assad, my iraqi neighbor is much the same).

>Much of the Islamic golden age simply comes from their conquest of the ottoman empire and knowledge taken from the Greeks who settled there later.
This is backwards. The whole Levant area was heavily Hellenised during the Roman Empire and thus inherited much of the knowledge and philosophy of the Classical era. Plato was a big deal among early Islamic theologians and scholars. The Ottoman came later and slowly turned the place into a cultural backwater.

p.sure the oldest texts dealing with anything we would describe as alchemy are from greek egyptians in the second or third century ad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetica

Arab detected. The only time I saw salt of this level towards Turks was watching an Al-Jazeera Arabic documentary about how the Turks did everything to destroy the Islamic world. Amazing, that's 10/10 madfag.

Attached: you.jpg (3840x2160, 1.46M)

>The whole Levant area was heavily Hellenised

alexander the great is actually in the koran:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_the_Great_in_the_Quran

Thats not salt friendo, thats normal. Turks are fucking garbage.

Attached: 6uUxOn5.png (494x270, 240K)

Oh yes. I've read the Hermetica many times, I'm not sure I'd call it an alchemical text, but it did have a huge impact on alchemical thought. I think Mary the Jewess is the earliest known alchemist who lived in Egypt sometime in the 1st through 3rd C. She's credited with the invention of the double boiler or "bon marie".

It's not salt if it's true.

Attached: Z7RzfjV.jpg (697x539, 35K)

The Turks were an improvement over Arabs. Horse people > degenerates

Please Ahmed, go blame your problems on the Jews or something.

Attached: 1522301160360m.jpg (366x1024, 63K)

>Much of the Islamic golden age
Islamic golden age was era when middle east wasn't as dominated by Islam. Once Islam became the absolutely dominant religion science and culture started to suffer as Islam started to evolve into more fundamentalist religion over the time.

Muslims always blame external factors like Mongols, Jews or in general anyone that isn't us or my tribe. Arabs will blame Turks and Turks will blame Arabs for dragging down glorious Ottoman empire.

Attached: ELF gorillas eritrea 1977.jpg (636x636, 107K)

Mehmed, I think you're confused about who is degenerate

Attached: ynp8VnJ.jpg (972x1600, 464K)

why so mag guys

Attached: nvi,.jpg (660x660, 115K)

that's a fucking mortar or homemade anti tank weapon, RETARD
SHEEESH
I READ THE FANGS OF THE LONE WOLF BOOK OK

I’m not even british and that pic makes me sad

The biggest claim to fame of the Arab Golden Age, Algebra, was from a Persian Zoroastrian.

Didn’t the Europeans originally get gunpowder from the Chinese via the silk road or some shit

Persia had been Islamic for about a century before the Islamic Golden Age started. Besides, there’s no shame in learning from previous civilizations and building upon that knowledge. The Britons would syill be beating each other to death with clubs in the nude if it weren’t for the tech that the Romans introduced.

europeans got gunpowder from trade with the east, but the greeks invented insane burn underwater napalm that was impossible to extinguish... then their degeneracy made them literally loose the secret recipe... the germans did falsely claim that it was a german who invented gunpowder, because they did not want to admit that the greatest weapons technology of the time came from slanty eye people pic related was the mythical inventor of the canonball and gunpowder

Attached: Freiburg_-_Berthold_Schwarz_Denkmal.jpg (1451x2764, 591K)

t. Turk

>Islamic golden age was era when middle east wasn't as dominated by Islam
objectively false

>Islamic golden age was era when middle east wasn't as dominated by Islam
Islam has been compromised by the Saudi Royal family. They have been funding thousands of schools worldwide for three decades. They are completely personable for the radicalization of the religion. I'm in my fifties and I have watched it happen in the USA.
DO a little research into news stories from the 80's about the explosion of these schools in the US.

>hey are completely Responsible for the radicalization of the religion.

Worst
Ever

And i remember seeing that pic dump of a dude fucking a dead rotten cat on /b/

Bullshit, lots of people had proposed that what is important is Copernicus provided demonstrable proof.

Ottoman empire. Didn't industralise fast enough
Nigger they were religious since the 700s

>I mean you can't tell me they weren't advanced at one point

No they were not, they pillaged the eastern roman empire for knowledge and then pretended it was an Arabic knowledge base when it was nothing of the sort but knowledge from the Roman empire or India

>Advancements in algebra, early chemistry (alchemy), and astronomy were made during the Islamic Golden Age

No. Quite a recent lie that one. Ripping off the works or Romans and Greeks and the Byzantine Empire does not count. Eg. The Dome of the great mosque in Constantinople was built by Eastern Roman whites as a cathedral and Christians, a feat arabs never rivalled.

>Arabs all achieved spectacular advances

Nope, nope nope, they ripped off Persian, roman, greek and India work.

I'm glad someone else remembers the actual historical record.

>Islam has been compromised by the Saudi Royal family.

It was synonymous with slavery and tyranny in the 17th century. In the 18th century with corruption, slavery and cruelty and in the 19th century decay and barbarity. If anything the former goat thieves that are the Saudis gave it a mufti century highpoint

>europeans got gunpowder from trade with the east

There is zero evidence for that. Most current theories speculate that gunpowder was discovered several times in several parts of the world, like for example the bow and arrow. The one unquestionable truth is Europeans made the best use of the discovery

>You mean Persians preserving Greek knowledge?
you're thinking of Zoroastrianism

>Didn’t the Europeans originally get gunpowder from the Chinese via the silk road or some shit

No. Cistercian monk. Its quite possible it was discovered independently in China, India and Europe.

Nah, he didn't claim to invent gun powder. Just discovered it's usefulness in mortars, and eventually cannon and infantry weapons. The Chinaman hadn't been using it in that way

His name was Roger Bacon.

This pic always cracks me up.
And they call the greeks gay.
topkek

>He is immune to bait.

Attached: 1671094abb5fc7703470fa508113111a.jpg (633x758, 297K)

And smokeless powder was invented by the french.

And ziplock sandwich bags. A very spirited defense he put up, too.

Genghis Khan and His descendants
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Baghdad_(1258)

They let in migrants.

Somebody redraw him fatter. It'll be more accurate.

Shit now you made me remember it all years ago..wasn't it an opposum though

Islam wasn't even nearly as dominant in middle-east until 1200's as it was after that. Science and other culture flourished until that moment.

Oh look, a comedy post

I'll have you know, this is only regional. Not all Muslims allow inbreeding.

Hey that's a Greek dance!

I’ve always wondered how that Valintatalo bag ended up there.

There is a clear chronology in the first mentions of gunpowder in the archeological record from China, to the Arabs, to Europe. It's too much of a coincidence for it to be discovered coincidently, not to mention a waste of effort since it would had been easier to just get the knowledge from neighbours instead of taking the bother of discovery. The Arabs even called saltpetre thalj al-sin, chinese snow, in the past.
Not at all, Roger Bacon describes gunpowder as a thing that already existed, across the world, and not as a thing that he invented.
>Certain inventions disturb the hearing to such a degree that if they are set off suddenly at night with sufficient skill neither cities nor armies can endure them. No thunderclap can compare with such terrifying noises; nor lightning playing among the clouds with such frightening flashes. We have an example of these things in that children's toy which is made in many parts of the world; i.e. a device no bigger than one's thumb.

Amateur astronomy. The clear, cold desert nights are ideal for it.

>There is a clear chronology in the first mentions of gunpowder in the archeological record from China, to the Arabs, to Europe.
The knowledge almost certainly did travel, not only of gunpowder, but of cannons and grenades, which China had been using for centuries.

>It's too much of a coincidence for it to be discovered coincidently
It could have happened without being coincidence, but through a common cause of some other transmitted bit of chemistry (such as the means of purifying saltpeter by recrystallization). Also, the first clear record in Europe is about half a millennium later than in China. There are many such independent inventions widely separated in space and time.

>I'll have you know, this is only regional. Not all Muslims allow inbreeding.
It's still enough of a problem that it is readably recognizable in the western world and effecting a significant portion of the populace, not just in the middle east. But its intolerant or something to talk about because someone's feeling may be hurt.

Attached: 1521496962554.png (919x720, 1.06M)

>Home made anti-tank weapon
Kys yoursef urself my man
t SPG-9

>Nah, he didn't claim to invent gun powder. Just discovered it's usefulness in mortars, and eventually cannon and infantry weapons
fictional characters did not create anything user
>The Chinaman hadn't been using it in that way
they used it as a propellant, and even had rocket propelled projectiles and area effect bomb type weapons but the Europeans applied the science of propellants to metalworking

SPG-9 recoiless rifle

Kind of cool but aren't seen alot except in movies (Blackhawk down)

Islam is between 900 and 1300 years old (there's some debate on whether Muhammad was born ~700 AD or ~1100 AD). There's NO FUCKING WAY the Islamic golden age is older than the religion itself.

It's one hell of a large region then (basically anywhere that isn't western europe and north america). Because its been reported as common from SEA to eastern europe to africa (which have always inbred regardless of which religion they're under and seems to be a determining factor on whether or not they readily convert to their conquerors' religions)

Jews religiously inbreed and their amongst the most beautiful and the brightest.

That Persian though

...Bain Marie dude. And the Corpus Hemetica is definitely one of the founding texts of alchemy, it's the basis of transformation of the elements through philosophical knowledge.

Does anyone else think Taliban clothes look really fuckin comfy
If they would just chill that country would be so goddamn beautiful to be /out/ in, I wish we could cut the PC bullshit and just genocide them so we could enjoy the nature in peace but then billionaires would just pave over the whole fucking thing with Disneylands and server farms

>enjoy the nature in peace but then billionaires would just pave over the whole fucking thing with Disneylands and server farms
literally what the taliban have been fighting this whole time