Which person's guard would have the most effective fighting force in a conventional war? The Secret Service...

Which person's guard would have the most effective fighting force in a conventional war? The Secret Service? The Swiss Guard? The Queen's Guard? Discounting cop-outs like the nuclear football, of course.

Attached: origin_4642251150.jpg (1000x600, 218K)

Well the Secret Service is a police force, the Swiss Guard are ex-conscript rent-a-cops and the Queen's guards are seven regiments with three centuries of battle honors

The queens guards alone could fuck up a small country.

>an intelligence gathering group
>a bunch of catholics from a neutral country
>professional infantry and cavalry from a NATO country

hurr i dunno lol FUCK WHY ARE YOU SO DUMB

False on the Swiss guard, they have gorrila like guys whose sole duty is to haul around 240s "just in case".

Nobody's limiting it to that three. The Saudi Palace Guard has 3 batallions of American-funded light infantry.

Just in case what?

The Secret Service is at least going to have guys in it that have been Infantry/SF with combat experience, and anyone in it doing CP role will have done some fairly intense courses. The Foot Guards and Horse Guards are the first rate troops of the British Army, and pretty much are an Army within an Army of their own (their own parachute platoon, an SAS Squadron, centralised courses etc etc).

The Swiss are from a gay country protecting some Argentine who kisses the feet of refugees. They would get cut up by the National Guard, never mind professionals.

Horseshit

What does the Royal SAS Squadron do?

Why do you make this shit up?

Well they did Diana innit?

It honestly wouldn't surprise me. Here's a shot of their armory. They are drawn from veterans of the Swiss Armed Forces.

Attached: Swiss Guard Vatican Armory.jpg (600x800, 192K)

G Squadron was, until the 1990s, exclusively made up of men from the Household Division. To this day the majority of the troopers and officers are former Household Division, but it isn't quite as strict as it use to be.

It does exactly the same as the rest of the squadrons, but when it was first formed the men who formed it were not required to undertake any sort of selection because they had served in LRRP type 4 man units in Malaya and Borneo. This rubbed the other Squadrons up a bit, but ultimately G performed no differently to the rest despite the lack of formal selection. Obviously when Borneo etc was over they undertook selection as everyone else did.

Anecdotal, but G Squadron guys always seemed to be a lot more keen to go back to their former units wherever possible and do some instructing. I have no idea if this was just a "Guards thing" like a lot of things are (not all of them are good, unfortunately), or if they were individually inclined to do it, but it contrasted quite a bit with the rest of the Infantry who were incredibly eager to put as much distance between themselves and their former unit as possible.

So you're just making it up?

Also, Swiss "Veteran" means utterly nothing. They're conscripts that don't deploy.

The King of Jordan has some real professional bodyguards.

You know that's like 10% armoury, 90% museum right

I wasn't the one posting about the 240s, and veteran means exactly that, former armed service member. (or current in some definitions) Why are you such a hostile little faggot?

The Guards Battalions actually deploy and go to war

So defending a point that isn't yours from a position of even more ignorance. Seems about right.

Never did, but feel free to point out where I had posted anything but information. All I said is that it's made of Swiss veterans and use modern arms with a picture of their armory. Go get laid or something.

underated

Also, the Hashemite royal family is pretty badass themselves, especially the late King Hussein.
>Became king at age 16
>Created a successful constitutional govt
>Survived multiple assassination attempts throughout his reign
>Skilled pilot
>Once outmanuevered two Syrian jets that attempted to shoot him down while on his to Switzerland for vacation
>Kicked out the fedayeen riffraff during Black September
>Survived multiple coup attempts
>Just kind of all pretty Jow Forums

Attached: Karama_aftermath_1-800x500_c.jpg (800x500, 97K)

Hell, gullible and dumb, a winning combination.

>They are drawn from veterans of the Swiss Armed Forces.

>Veterans
>Swiss Armed Forces

If you think 300 days sitting in a green outfit doing nothing is a veteran you have a low standard to be impressed