How are Norinco 1911's Jow Forums...

How are Norinco 1911's Jow Forums? I get it's not gonna be as good as colts or whatever but that $350 price tag seems real nice.

Attached: 123421342134.jpg (1392x800, 142K)

Why not just set your hands on fire.

Why even bother when you can get a RIA at that price?

You're probably gonna get what you pay for. It'll work but don't expect it to be perfect.

They were good. Now you're better off getting anything else.

get it

For that price you could also get a star b

I had one from the early '90s. The inside finish machining was terrible, the barrel locking lugs were soft, and everything had a grity feel. Not a fan considering you can get a used Ruger for 500 or whatever.

buy it if you want it, but be prepared to spend a little if you want to enhance it from what it is.

Clean up inside marks, disassemble, smooth out shit, and then ship that shit off to get cryoforged. Suddenly your entire gun sounds like glass and people are confused on why the chicom pistol is so damn nice.

Ok OP I’m hear to give it to you straight because no one hear seems to know. The Norinco 1911s are excellent. Many custom shops (use your google-fu) love using them as a base to build from. Even stock they run as good or better than anything you would buy new from Ruger, Remington, etc.

Attached: A8F4850C-3731-4895-A9D0-2A524BF97931.jpg (4032x3024, 2.52M)

I've had a few come through my shop. The fit and finish surprised me each and every time, and I've heard nothing but good about them. Not to mention the fact that they accept USGI parts. Do it.

Some of the older Norincos were made of good steel and Wilson Combat, in their early days, would do work on them. That's not so much the case nowadays. There's no real guarantee on what you're going to get. It's Chinese, so expect Chinese QC.

>Chinese 1911

Nah, fuck that unpatriotic shit. Get an Auto Ordnance for $75 more. American made and much better fit and finish than RIA or AMT

Leaf here, the Norc 1911's are thoroughly okay. I've never seen one that wouldn't go bang. That said, they're pretty rough and the quality varies wildly. Handle one (or more, preferably) before buying.

One of the best things about being American is I can buy whatever the hell I want. So buying a chink 1911 is as American as apple pie and baseball fuckstick.

Not OP, but I'm hoping to buy my first 1911 in a couple months.

Are Remshit 1911s any good, or are you just paying for the rollmark over an ATI? One of the reasons I want one is actually because of the ugly ATI rollmark, but I'm not sure if I care about it enough to spend $150 more.

Got my 1911 before some people on this board were born, so I can’t speak to the newer quality.

>It's Chinese, so expect Chinese QC.
Chinese QC is actually pretty decent on anything that matters. Of course if we're talking bargain basement knockoff toys there will be *no* QC, but Norinco is a solid gun brand with solid quality.

Now if there's any nation you have to worry about the quality on, it's anything stamped with "made in the USA". Americans just don't take pride in their work any more. We all seem to think (and don't get me wrong, I'm not excluding myself, I'm just as guilty as anyone), "if I'm not gonna be getting paid much, I'm gonna do *just enough* to not get in trouble and not an ounce more". No one is taking much pride in their work or trying very hard, so we're beat out in international competition because our products suck.... since our manufacturing isn't selling that well, pay stays low and the problem self-perpetuates. Back in the 50s and 60s, "made in America" meant something. Now it means, look over your prospective purchase super closely with someone who knows that field or you're likely to buy a lemon.

If you're gonna go with a cheap 1911, get Rock Island Armory. Not trolling, these days, they have a better track record than Colt. Don't do Remingon, they're notoriously bad these days.

If you're gonna do American, get a Springfield, but note that their "Made in America" stamp is somewhat misleading, a lot of the parts are foreign made, I think just the final assembly happens int he US.

Those were on my list as well, but I'll take a better look at them now, thanks

>Willingly giving your money to governments who dump toxic waste in rivers polluting them forever, enslave their own citizens, and steal the entire world's intellectual property all in the name of undercutting the American Economy.
>Somehow a good decision in user's mind

>buy Americas Gun
>made in china

Surprisingly good guns. Mine is 100% relaible and shoots right to point of aim with its fixed sights.

Replace the barrel with a Colt barrel- check the inside of the slide to see if the locking lugs are "flanging". The factory barrels are way too soft and the barrels locking lugs begin to deform, which can damage the slides locking lugs.

Note that if you're American, the newest NORINCO 1911 you can get your hands on is from the 1990s, when Clinton signed the executive order banning Chinese firearms (except for sporting shotguns) from further import.

>If you're gonna do American
buy a real fucking American product aka Ruger.
Fixed it for you