Has Jow Forums ever played this before? What was your country and what was your tactics and strategies...

Has Jow Forums ever played this before? What was your country and what was your tactics and strategies? How did your playthrough went and what history did you created in this? What Jow Forums approved mods did you use to enhanced your experience?

Attached: Hearts of Iron IV.jpg (600x800, 440K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7BhGWO01pIs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=7BhGWO01pIs

Nazi germany
Try to focus on gaining allies and amassing land armies
attack either only allies or comintern, play until game cant handle itself, then restart

New zealand, ended up ruling all of north america and the pacific. 10/10 would be fascit new zealand again.

the computer does most of the work in this game, get HOI 3 instead.

Airplanes are retarded broken and stupid. Will not play until air is fixed.

MURCA!

Sit back, build up light and medium tank divisions while building up the fleet, turn the Pacific into a fortress with infantry divisions, ports, and sea forts around the ports, plus transferring all of the starting Navy there. Give the bongs and frogs toys, then work on annexing the Philippines and conquer Mexico before I finally get around to joining the fight in Europe, by which time I usually have a few modern tank divisions and jet aircraft.

On top of being really casual compared to HOI3 this game is broken as fuck. Pic related is perfect example - that's russian far east some time after I won war with USSR. Far east is obviously have low infrastructure and everyone suffer a lot because of low supply. And yes, those are fucking Cuban volunteers.

Attached: 64201_15460.jpg (1680x1050, 385K)

Been a while since I played that game but I do remember the mods I used which allowed the nukes to actually do damage on civilians and leave fallout effect instead of just simply destroying infrastructures. I had fun with the game before it broke on me but the one I remember the most was how I managed to completely fuck Japan up.

>Japan attacks pearl harbor
>immediately declare war on Japan and immediately initiate the Manhattan Project
>have my entire nation focus on military industry and get recruitment and propaganda going strong
>managed to get ten Iowas and use all of my military power and strength in the Pacific war against the japs
>put little focus on the European front but send supplies to allies to stay on allied side but focus my military troops on the Japanese
>managed to completely destroy all of the Japanese navy and lost only two Iowas and couple of other ships
>get to the Japanese controlled islands
>use fuckton of artillery fire on the islands before sending in troops to recapture the islands
>managed to get six nukes developed but plan to make more
>recaptured all of the islands and all that is left is Japan itself
>proceed to firebomb the fuck out of Japan until I get a notification from hiro asking to surrender
>lolno
>deny and begin my first atomic drop on Hiroshima
>then Nagasaki and other four cities
>have six more nukes in my disposal
>get another notification and this time it is an unconditional surrender by the Japanese
>LOLNO!
>hit deny again and drop four nukes on villages and cities and dropped one on a non military target and finally Tokyo
>wait for a month before launching all of my troops into Japan and artillery the fuck out of Japan and gun down whoever is left alive
>capture the emperor and have him executed
>finally except the surrender by the Japanese
>small riots pop up but take them out and decided to make another nuke and drop it on the mahor resistance area
>Japan is now Defeated
>turn Japan into a state

It was fun

Holy shit that is too much.

Argies. Las Malvinas son nuestros.

Actually, don't join any faction or attack a major power until you've conquered Brazil and up to Panama. Then, BTFO out of Panama and join Hitler and Tojo. Standard minor focuses apply. It's good to have Mountain and Marines in South America.

>to enhanced your experience?
Try to find an active online group that has written rules

Attached: erwin_rommel2.jpg (225x225, 12K)

Tough infantry and artillery divisions are more useful in the Amazonian Basin than logistically intensive mechanized units.

Develop amphibious assault techs, because combined arms are very useful when expanding against a foe with a lot more population than you.

Which part should Willy choose?

Attached: willy.png (555x707, 324K)

It's happened again.

Attached: 1527290153317.png (1440x900, 2.09M)

>started as Turkey
>go fascist and ally with nazi Germany.
>immediately invade all the French and British colonies in the middle east.
>recreate ottoman borders
>launch amphibious invasion of British India

there is only one path for Willy

Attached: 1427525611301.png (315x367, 148K)

Expatriate the Communists!!!!!!!!

Played Finland, joined the Axis, and conquered some of Sweden and the USSR. I like playing as the Brits and becoming fascist too.

Bump

I love getting into a Chinese land war as USA against the Japanese.

Boring bullshit games that people convince themselves they like so they can feel intelligent.

>stop liking what I don't like
I'll bet you don't think Risk is fun either
>tfw you'll never know the joy of dressing up in period correct uniforms, getting shitfaced and playing Risk with your own custom rules regarding troops, movement and supporting actions with other players

Attached: 1387129468802.png (469x474, 314K)

The game has been completely broken for awhile now. The AI is retarded and constantly attacks even though they are losing battles. The frontline system leaves random gaps when all the divisions shift. The easiest way to win against the AI is to go down mass assault doctrine right side, with 25 infantry templates which gets reduced to 40 width, then just smash them against the AI armies and you just win. Use either no support elements because it reduces organization, or use maintenance support to reduce equipment failure, thus reducing the need to wait for reinforcement, and you can continue the assault. Field hospital works well too. Means the only thing you need to produce is Infantry equipment, support equipment and motorized. Then fighters and CAS.

Beat the the entire Axis in less than a year as the Soviet union. Took about twice as long as Germany to beat the Soviet union. I usually get bored of a single game after that point.

My fav nation to play is Japan. The land war in Asia is interesting and you get to exploit the fuck out of Chinese manpower. Once beat the entire Chinese United front with less than 40k Japanese Casualties, but with like 250k+ Manchurian casualties. The AI sucks at Naval battles though. 4 aircraft carriers loaded with Naval bombers and a few screens will drop most AI navies.

I like the Great War mod. It's one of the most well done and balanced alternative timeline mods imo. Most mods that deal with a different date usually get the balancing all mixed up with technology ect. But this mod actually balances well and WW1 style army compositions actually work well.

Epic Großgermanium.

Attached: hoi4_14.png (1440x900, 1.77M)

>The game has been completely broken for awhile now. The AI is retarded and constantly attacks even though they are losing battles.
Solution is to play against other players

Ethiopia

>Start game already at war with wops
>Completely outmatched by italians in theatre, divisions unable to win fights
>Retreat and draw italians into desert. Grab undefended ports in somalia and eritrea
>Wait till spaghetti runs out and italians all starve to death
>Fortify coast, sit back for a few years while italians bang heads against wall
>Build up small army with limited resources in time for shit to hit fan, micromanage way through north africa and italian campaigns

Managed to preserve independence and punch well above my weight in WW2

tfw ywn fuck a woman

Or play a real Paradox game.

Bump

>play MP
>discord required
>play Germany
>get talked down to most of the time leading up to the war about how "I'm not doing it right"
>war starts
>meme allies
>war with Soviets starts
>meme Soviets
>Allies and Commie Brazil invade Spain
>Take all tanks from Soviet Union and meme Allies in Spain
>Host quits
>never play MP again
Why is the HOI4 MP community so shit? Beyond the autistic numbers, minmaxing, and general smugness, nobody is actually good at playing the game.

Attached: wehraboo.jpg (988x688, 101K)

Those asses should have made a new victoria first, so I could load my EU save into it.

Fuck swedish game devs.

Imagine being too stupid to play hearts of iron 4.

In the name of the tsar. Holy Russia.

A better world.

Attached: hoi4_1.png (1440x900, 1.96M)

>Poland exists
Disgusting.

>Soviet Union
>drag Comintern into the Axis
>Papa Stalin somehow stays in power despite going fascist
>Tannu Tuva joins Axis
>Mongolia refuses
>Mongolia declares war on the Axis
>Tannu Tuva is kill
>T-34s in 1938 so kick Mongolia's ass
>take Finnish territories and force them to join the Axis
>Danzig or war
>Germany kicks Poland's ass
>I get east Poland and puppet them
>Romania and Greece join the Axis
>Bulgaria joins the Axis
>Romania declares war on Turkey
>seems normal
>Turkey joins allies
>ohGodno.webm
>America joins
>ohgoodChrist.cyka
>invade Alaska
>easier than it looks
>buttfuck Canada and America
>turn them fascist after taking Vancouver, Alaska and Los Angeles
>America had nukes but didn't use them
>1948
>Uncle Adolf still in power
>Germany is attempting to invade England
>research nukes
>rockets researched
>OI_GOD_SAVE_THE_QUEEN.mp4
>London gets nuked
>turn Ireland fascist and give them most of the land
>British Raj is now the Russian Raj
>spend 4 years trying to invade Australia
>T-34-85 still in service
>Soldiers have Ak-47's
>Aussies have Ross rifles and enfields
>1953
>finally break through the Aussie lines
>50 million casualties

This desu, always lags to fucking death by 42-43.

>mfw only response is hahahuhuh u never have the gf hhoho lossszer

Attached: laugh.jpg (317x267, 21K)