Best .22 Handgun

Hey Jow Forums

due to australia having weird gun laws I have to use a .22 pistol for 6 months before I can get actual handguns

what is the best .22 handgun to get?

Keep in mind because it is australia
>ammo capicity can't exceed 10 shots
>can't look too military
>can't have a silencer

Budget is like 3k australian so like 2k american.

Attached: 10536_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

turners.com/guns-handguns/browse/caliber/22wmr,22lr/perpage/36
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ruger 22/45 with heavy barrel or ur a faget

get a luty

Walther P22, perhaps "too military"?

If so, Browning Buckmark

Attached: download.jpg (289x174, 4K)

I just got a heritage arms rough rider .22 revolver last week for $100. Pretty fun if you want a single action revolver for cheap plinking. I imagine even Australia couldn't come down on you too hard for one. In kangaroobux it's probably like $500 though after import fees though.

Attached: RoughRider03.jpg (600x551, 59K)

>Ruger 22/45
Looks like a fun one, ruger is a favored brand of mine got a ruger american .22 rifle and a .308 precision rifle.

Attached: 43906.jpg (475x250, 22K)

my buddy has one of the target shooting model ruger mkIIs, with a red dot on it, and its a goddamn tack driver. I was nailing a beer quarter keg with every shot at like 60-100ish yards, standing one handed. And I am NOT normally a good shot.

nice, yeah you expect the higher cost in aus tho, .22 revolvers are starting to looking more and more fun.

damn, ruger seems to be the go.
I do like the aesthetics of their handguns and they are praised for being so accurate with some of their handguns.

I'll look into them :)

This is the same one I shot, cant go wrong.

Attached: wm_7723926[1].jpg (909x548, 69K)

.22LR only, or any .22 rimfire (i.e. .22WMR)?
What do you want to do with it?

.22WMR revolvers are really very practical as utility guns, load a few chambers with ratshot, and you're set for everything from carpenter bees through coons and cats. This is the sort of thing you'll want to carry around your property just in case, even after you have other, bigger guns for home defense, hunting, and competition shooting.

If you just want a target/plinking gun, or if you're restricted to .22LR only, there's nothing wrong with Buckmarks or Rugers already suggested.

Sweden here i guess its for bullsyeye etc?
This is what i use as something that is not to tactical and preforms well in competitions.

>6"
>Hämmerli Xesse

Attached: 13820722_10154220941214892_30651738_n.jpg (360x640, 49K)

Ruger MkIV in 4 inch barrel

Browning buckmark with 6"stainless barrel or the ruger 22lr revolver with 5.5" barrel

it can also look like this. if you want a fag grip

Attached: H2742782.jpg (800x578, 182K)

Kel Tec PMR-30

You trying to get a pistol licence for "Sporting purposes"? Thought there was just a flat 6 month wait before you could get one, didn't realize they let you have .22's in the meantime

.22 short is not going to be useful to you unless you are buying a revovler.

Oddly enough, as an American living in California, you as an Australian may have more options available to you.

I own a Buck Mark...love it, but I'd really like the new MK IV Ruger Stainless Target with the silly long barrel, but it's not CA legal.

Is it really that bad in Cali?
I'm planning on going to 'murrica for a roadtrip soon, starting in Cali. I was gonna go to a gunsmith there and stock up on pistols at the start of the trip, fuck around cali for 10 days, then pick them up; I looked at your regulations and it basically was "There's a bunch of stupid shit Cali mandated, like magic guns that don't shoot if you're pointing it at a black person, but no-one actually makes that shit and the laws don't come into affect until two manufacturers are both selling guns with the technology not protected by patents"

I would suggest this, but it's got a 30-round magazine. I personally can't think of any .22 hand-guns that have a smaller capacity honestly. Have you considered a revolver?

You have to have two proofs of residency to buy a gun in California. A permit, and pay for registration wait 10 days...for one pistol per month

turners.com/guns-handguns/browse/caliber/22wmr,22lr/perpage/36

That company doesn't sell anything not California legal. If it's really worse in California than Austrailia, OP should be able to find something to consider.

>for 6 months
Get a colt woodsman, if you don't use it afterwards you'll keep it as a collectore item.

They let you have .22 after you finish training with the club in my state then you can get any calibre after 6 months.

they do look nice. might have to get one for my collection regardless lol.

You need a permit to buy a gun in California? How come no one has challenged that in court?

The ruger sr22 in yellow. Looks like a power tool lol

>You need a permit to buy a gun in California? How come no one has challenged that in court?
No, you just have to pass an (easy) written gun safety test. It's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Yeah the safety exam is really the least Commiefornia's gun woes. I'm okay with it; if you fail you really do have no business touching a gun, it's that easy. The roster, awb, carry laws, serialization bullshit, etc are really as bad as they sound tho. Holy fuck it's awful.

I have a .22 luger. It was my grandfather's no idea how much it cost tho

It's not technically two proofs of residency. It's just one proof.

The problem is that when you're buying a pistol, a Driver's license doesn't count as a California proof of residency (just a federal proof of residency/Cali proof of age), so you need something else like a utility bill or lease/rent agreement.

Basically semantics but some places get anal about it.

Fuck it, I'll just wait till I get to Texas then.

>can't look too military

Pretty sure that doesn't apply to pistols. Otherwise I'm going to have to have a long chat with the officer that registered my 92fs and BHP

Also the bigger limiter you're gonna have going forward is the minimum barrel length

You can't buy pistols without a specific visa.

In other states it's just a hunting permit and a faux-SSN you get as a tourist. Real shame, there was a gunsmith in Cali I would have loved to give my business to.

Pic related is recommended if you're right handed.
Also
>due to Australia having weird gun laws I have to use a .22 pistol for 6 months before I can get actual handguns
How is a .22 not a real handgun? It's the type of gun you'll shoot the most anyways, especially with that budget. You can't afford to shoot 9x19, .32 S&W Long, or 38/357 on a regular if that budget reflects your economy.
Get used to shooting .22 if you want to shoot regularly.

Attached: 1200px-2006_0915Waffe10001.jpg (1200x900, 134K)

I'd suggest a revolver. Semiautos can be picky about ammo. Revolvers will digest anything, just a question of accuracy.

Try out the Ruger and the S&W full size revolvers, both have 10 round cylinders.

That sweet sweet single action for training accuracy

Double action to train on hard mode for fast shooting.

Bersa Thunder.
>cheap
>fits all the laws
>not nice enough to care about a little scuffing or scratching
>looks like a PPK
>cheap
First pistol is always buy & regret. Afterwards you realize what you really wanted. So I recommend something cheap that you don't have to try and seek out any confirmation bias for. Not that the Ruger MK4 or Browning Buck aren't great pistols, they're just expensive and have a completely different niche to them.

What is this? I want it.

Walther. Looks like a match/tournament pistol with an ergonomic grip.

Walther GSP. This particular example is an older one. The modern ones are really expensive and has less aesthetics.
Pic related is a modern example.

Attached: 270098.jpg (1920x886, 642K)

A .22lr handgun is a great starting pistol.
you´ll learn the basics on it.
Fun plinking
Cheap ammo
And depending if you want to actually hit something more then just cans,you´ll get a 22.lr match pistol.
Great proven gun. Use one myself.
GSP, like the other user said.
Also Hammerli 280 is a cool .22 pistol. Looks almost like the 14mm Pistol from Fallout

Attached: 31421421412.jpg (2592x1944, 430K)

I have a P22 do not buy one OP.
They are very fun but jesus fuck they are picky with ammo and not all that reliable.
a 22/45 will suit you better.
t. someone who bought a P22 as their first pistol

Hammerli International model 208 or xesse

Anyone who says otherwise really, really does not have a fucking clue about guns.

It is simply the best, most accurate ten shot semi automatic 22LR pistol ever made.

nice

Iver Johnson 8-shot revolver.
Good enough for RFK!

What the fuck is that

get a ruger single-action revolver, reliable and sexy as fuck

>22/45
gay, get the Mark IV Hunter

What if OP doesn't like retarded grip angles