Help me out on restoring this gun, Jow Forumsonrades

Those are my Grandfather's belongings. It stayed way too long inside a dusty chest and now i recovered it. The blade is a bit rusty and dull but nothing like some rust remover and a a whetstone can't solve, my problem is with the shotgun. It's a 24' single chamber shotgun with a moving trigger but barely moving hammer and a totally stuck pin. I would like to know if one of you guys may recognize the model and see if i can get schematics of the gun to try and see it's components and see if i can repair it or if it will need replacement ( which will be shit, i can't afford new pieces since i'm a poorfag and by country has shitty gun policy)

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-05-25 at 21.49.45.jpg (1040x585, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

littlegun.be/arme belge/artisans identifies den/a dumoulin lambert gb.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Posting some more pics of this old gem

Attached: e3f7b737-19aa-4277-bca8-a196a330bb26.jpg (1040x585, 76K)

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-05-25 at 21.49.44 (1).jpg (585x1040, 48K)

my* country

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-05-25 at 21.49.44.jpg (585x1040, 55K)

basically took the same photo from the gun and knife but ina different angle because i'm a dumbass. Ah, what the hell, to the thread you go!

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-05-25 at 21.49.45 (1).jpg (585x1040, 36K)

Have you hit it with any solvents yet? I recommend just hozing it down with clp, and let it do it's work for a few hours.

Take off all the wood with properly fitting tools then blast the bitch with a solvent of your choice. At this point it don't matter you're just looking for cleaning so WD40 is fine.

I found a soviet burp gun in my grandfathers attic.

Wd40 is weak sauce. At very least use a gun specific oil like hoppes or clp and if it's really screwed up use some pb blaster or kroil.

Nope. No solvent so far since 'im just planning on what to do ith this old boy. The small wooden grip on the front is a bit worn out and it's gonna be risky to take it off without breaking but i can try

Any pics to show us the piece, Jow Forumsomrad?

You'd be surprised. Get the screws out and it'll most likely come off with ease.

Shit mate, i don't know if i'll be able to get some juicy gun solvents since anything gun-related is controlled like Anthony Burch on hard onions diet wearing a pink dress

I'll give it try when i start the works on the piece. I wanna be carefull and not fuck shit up with the shotgun since it's basically family heirloom

littlegun.be/arme belge/artisans identifies den/a dumoulin lambert gb.htm

Seems like i've found the gun's model, guys. can anyone confirm by the photos?

Definitely similar. Pb blaster, kroil, or something like that will be fine to work on it, and ballistol once you get it into shooting condition. Ballistol shouldn't be controlled, and it's excellent for older wood framed shotguns and all things you use that for.

It's being lil' difficult to find any similar brands for a brazilian market. Do you thnk any kind of penetration Oil will be good enough to work the gun or maybe i should just sitck to wd40 since i can't find other brands?

Just look up automotive solvents used to bust stuck bolts. That's what I've used and it's worked well.

Ah, that's a good suggestion! i have a friend whose father's a mechanic, so he sould have some automotive solvent laying around. Thanks for the tip!

Fuck, evne if i can't fix it to shooting cibdtion, itll be nice to have this old beauty shining once again. thanks for thehelp, Jow Forumsomrades. i'll give updates after i go trough the fixing

also sorry. Drank some mead out of happines now might be typing like a stupid fucker. thanks anyway, fellas

Proof marks please

You mean the manufacturer marksw i can't get anything today since the gun is in my aun't house but i can see to get other photos tomorrow. Threads on Jow Forums have a longer lifespan, right? think it'll hold up enough to put the photos on the same thread?

What the fuck makes you think any of the photographs you've taken are actually good? Get your potato shit outta here, take some real fucking pictures you dunce.

Ah, i see there are some shitposters around here as well. A lot less than /b/ or Jow Forums, that's for sure

That single-shot shotgun would be worth about $120 brand new, but I wouldn't pay more than $25 for it in the condition it is in now. Just keep it as a collector piece or use it for fun to clean up, but I wouldn't worry about being gentle with it because its practically worthless. Use a drop or two of oil on the sides of each screw, wait an hour, then try to take it apart for cleaning.

ah, there's lot more worth in that piece to me and my family since it was my grandfather's shotgun. I know it's an old and not really pratical gun, but it would be nice to put the ol' lady back in action and shoot it like my Grandfather did 85 years ago. Also gun control makes it that much worse for someone to get a gun in my country that it would be actually useful to have it in shooting condition once again

What? Gun oil is controlled? Where you from? Britain?

Brazil, mate. there's like a fuck and half ton of regulations and taxes over guns, ammunition and anything related to. let m tell you what i've saw today when i went to the range

CBC pump action shotgun: R$4500 ($1200) in wooden frame. and R$3900 in polymer frame ($1000)

Taurus model winchester.38: R$4900 ($1500)

10.38 bullets: R$ 72 ($20)

Now keep in mind that the brazzilian minimun wage is fucking less than 1k R$ per MONTH. this shit is so damn expensive and hard to get that less than 5% of the population has firearms.

Brazilian here, get more pictures of that knife, this is a sorocabana style knife, southern brazilians like to collect old knives like yours, specially some specific brands, try to find a makers mark.

At those prices, people don't mill their own pump actions?

Also, there was a store in Rio, late XIX early XX century, that imported that exact same type of gun, they also imported garruchas, LaPorte. They marked the metal frame under the wood, either full name or jusr L.P. Hope It helps.

It seems you know your knifes, rapaz. My family is from Paraná and Santa Catarina so it checks out. I'll look for any brand marks and i'll post pics of the blade pra vc, meu caro anão.

Easier to smuggle it from Paraguay for roughly half the price. Point is that Gun ownership was never a thing in Brazil and since people don't really a fuck abut this issue. Brazil has a fuckton other issues and has been run by a shitty left-wing party for far too long that it ends up taking the focus off gun rights

Thanks for the info, lad! i'll give a closer inspection on the metal parts and i'll take photos of any marks to post here

I'm sorry if salt for potato pictures is shitposting. I'll sojourn to /o/ and start another Corvette versus GTR thread, how's that sound?